Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki (34494 Views)

Group Writes EFCC To Arrest Peter Obi Over Embezzlement Of N259b(Pics) / Abdulmumin Jibrin Writes EFCC, Lays Out Case Against Speaker Dogara, Others / Senate Begins Probe Of Obasanjo, Yar'adua, Others Over Funds Mismanagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by chinchum(m): 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
Meanwhile, the poor helpless boko haram victims with no insurance were abandoned for a govt stooge and he was paid close to a billion naira.

2 Likes

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Goke7: 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
cunny88:
We av been chasing stolen funds and recovering loots since Abacha's death without an explanation as to the whereabouts of the funds, I just hope dis new administration will be able to account for and put to proper use all the loots recovered.

Reason we should all join hands and support PMB cos he is the only one fighting this battle, even his APC members are not interested in his quest for probity and accountability, but if he knows majority of Nigerians are in support, he will do much more

8 Likes

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by gsport: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
Breaking news for this day tomorrow headline federal government compensate us with 555 million for our office bomb by boko haram and the reason is un building was rebuild by fg,not people who lost their lives.and we are the only one paid because I confronted mr president
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by viktagorion: 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
This letter is nauseating and annoying.

Security funds were dispensed this way whilst innocent lives were being slaughtered by Boko Haram across Nigeria.

Some people deserve to be tied to a stake and shot.

4 Likes

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by TimeManager(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2015
#BLOODBILLIONS No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Goke7: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
light004:

Half truth is the hallmark of this govt and any haste or rush conclusion could be misleading.
I'm pained by what I read everyday. This obviously is not how to run any Nation; creating tension, locking people up, throwing accusations left, right and center will only distract the govt from its real purpose of providing good governance and securing the well-being of its citizens. There are serious problems plaging the Nation rather than solve the problems, this govt is busy going round to look for who to blame for the problems and gullible supporters are busy rejoicing. How much will be recovered from this exercise compared to the needs of this nation. Sorry, if this govt continue in this manner without a change in strategy, Nigeria may be hit hard by their inaction and negligence. It's not a warning, it's already happening and more will come if care is not taken. For the gullible supporter; this wasn't the c
hange they promised you. Take it or leave it!
You guys keep trying to distract PMB but he is not fazed. Fighting corruption is part of governance as governance is all about power and control.

5 Likes

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by iwriterng(m): 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
I just want them to do the following:

1. RETURN the stolen loot! (This is the most important)

2. Serve At least a thousand hours of community service

3. Apologise to the entire nation through popular media.

NB: Please don't send them to jail! They would cost the nation more money! They get free food and housing in jail.

But the thousand hours of community service should be enforced. Let them sweep the roads; clear traffic and pack sewage bags.

That will be justice served!

7 Likes

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by dockokwus: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
oyb:

Did they also pay the economist and the nation?
Sun, nation, guardian,telegraph,independent,leadership,trust etc. All except punch that probably was to be paid in second batch
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by GOFRONT(m): 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
If This GEJ administration Had not been Truncated, These evil and barbaric act of looting our Money wuld not be Xposed and this ImPUNITy will Continue. Boys in my Area be Crying "No money, No money", APC govt Hard"There is enuf Money wen GEJ waz president". What money are they talkin about?? Siphoned money, Looted money Diverted money by leaders of GEJ administration. Gullible Boys n Girls.......Gofront!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by logica(m): 3:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
LMAO. I didn't know the Federal Government now serves as Insurance Company for Newspaper Publishers.

4 Likes

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Keegan: 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2015
wirinet:
Na wa o, Office of the National Security Adviser has become an Insurance Agency to pay compensation for private properties destroyed by Boko Haram. What of all the other thousands of villagers whose properties has been destroyed by Boko Haram, did the NSA pay them also? Is Nduka Obaigbena telling us that Thisday's properties are not insured and that the office of the National Security Adviser would pay for all, thefts and damages to their properties?

Why would the office of the National Security Adviser pay for damages for seizure of newspaper by (suspected) armed soldiers? how did they arrive at the amount for compensation? Was the case case taken to court or the national security adviser is now a civil court awarding damages against itself. Is this the first time newspapers has been seized in Nigeria? Is it even the first time thisday newspaper has been seized and destroyed by government agencies?

You don't understand, Jona and the gang paid for misfiring on thisday newspaper by their boys the boko haramists.
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by james1(m): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
He can explain that money away,what he can not explain away is the fact that members of his staff did not get any compensation and the money is suppose to be for overall compensation for all the victims of the bombing.did he compensate the families of the deceased or not?
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by ogundeleai(m): 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2015
[quote author=feelamong post=40905289]Na wa!!!

Office of the NSA has now been turned into an insurance company that pays claims for losses.

Nduka must cough out that money whether he likes it or not!!

afterall Thisday is not more important than the common men and women whose businesses were lost due to Boko haram bombings all over Nigeria[/quote
Its dishearthning to read such purious statement from this day chairman. 1st it was AIT, now its disday I hope and pray Channels TV won't be involve as far as this mess is continuing. Only God in his infinity mercy can forgive Jonathan going by all these daily revelation. We are completely mortgaged all in the interest of lacklustre president that want to remain in power by all means.

2 Likes

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by light004: 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2015
Goke7:

You guys keep trying to distract PMB but he is not fazed. Fighting corruption is part of governance as governance is all about power and control.

I pity you. I hope your commonsense is restored soon; you really need it.

No one is distracting Buhari but as a leader, he is distracting Nigerians from the real issues. People are focusing on the wrong things. fighting corruption is fine but that should never be the main theme for any government that has an economy that maybe heading toward reccession. I don't think, you are helping him when you don't tell him the truth. Arresting and jailing corrupt officials is fine but that will not in any way solve our immediate problems but coming up with right policies and engaging the people in productivity tasks will sure bring succour to the nation.

Elections are over, start facing the real issues and leave the partisanship behind you.
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2015
wirinet:
Na wa o, Office of the National Security Adviser has become an Insurance Agency to pay compensation for private properties destroyed by Boko Haram. What of all the other thousands of villagers whose properties has been destroyed by Boko Haram, did the NSA pay them also? Is Nduka Obaigbena telling us that Thisday's properties are not insured and that the office of the National Security Adviser would pay for all, thefts and damages to their properties?

Why would the office of the National Security Adviser pay for damages for seizure of newspaper by (suspected) armed soldiers? how did they arrive at the amount for compensation? Was the case case taken to court or the national security adviser is now a civil court awarding damages against itself. Is this the first time newspapers has been seized in Nigeria? Is it even the first time thisday newspaper has been seized and destroyed by government agencies?

Its ridiculous.

Also the bombings happened in 2012. Why were the payments made in aug, sep 2014 and in march 2015 when the country was going thru a recession? It would have bn better for him if he said d truth - the payments were advert revenues for elections. Dt would have covered his ass a bit like oga AIT. The jonathan he is covering for can't help him. Compensation for bombings my ass.

Mr Obaigbena, ur nose is getting longer. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Keegan: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
Abagworo:
With the kind of news trickling down from EFCC Nigerians may be forced to deal with these people ourselves. They deserve jungle justice.

It will soon get to that.
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
james1:
He can explain that money away,what he can not explain away is the fact that members of his staff did not get any compensation and the money is suppose to be for overall compensation for all the victims of the bombing.did he compensate the families of the deceased or not?

Mr Obaigbena probably used d money to get himself a nice mansion in beverly hills, like his media pal ben murray bruce.
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by KwoiZabo(m): 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
TeamSimple:
Why didn't GEJ probe them?
why will Buhari not probe them also.
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
gsport:
Breaking news for this day tomorrow headline federal government compensate us with 555 million for our office bomb by boko haram and the reason is un building was rebuild by fg,not people who lost their lives.and we are the only one paid because I confronted mr president

They didnt announce the governments generous help when the "compensation" was made, so this his point doesnt even fly.
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by adconline(m): 4:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
Corrupt media practitioners and their politrickian paymasters still profiteer from big catastrophic disasters like bombing and BH. While Nigeria masses pray that to stop BH, Politrickians work to grow BH so that they can enrich their pocket and cronies!!
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by miki70: 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
koboko69:
They tried all their best to pin the insurgency on APC....

Now APC is in power....that line is no more selling. ..

Theynow scream APC promised to end the menace in so and so months.

They want Angel Buhari to perform Mircacles in few months ober something sponsored and allowed to thrive by the immediate past President

Seun all my threads about BH you banned me about and hid.. .I hope you can see I am now vindicated.

I have lost friends and colleagues to this battle. Battle allowed by Jonathan, Dansuki and PDP to thrive just for enrichment and political purposes. Immagine how many lives would have been saved if the money was used for what it was meant for....

THE BLOOD OF THE SOLDIERS,OFFICERS AND OTHER SECURITY APPARATUS INCLUDING INNOCENT CIVILIANS WILL HUNT THIS DEMONS TO THEIR DEATH.

In between.....Why is there no This Day Festival again grin
In fact na through talk.
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by bowler000000(m): 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
So efcc were sleeping before now or they were not in dis country before dis present administration... Chai. There is God oooooo.
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
A lot of jobless youths on the forum who will rejoice at the news of a hardworking businessman going down..
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by ethicalUser(m): 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
Very soon we will hear Linda Ikeji's name.

3 Likes

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Koolking(m): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2015
Psalm18:
This does not even make sense from Nduka.
1. Why is government paying a private firm for boko haram destroying its building. For the UN house, it makes sense to help its rebuilding. It's an international agency and we hosting them. If nduka is paid, why won't fg pay off market owners whose shops were blown off by bh or the cars that were destroyed in the nyanya bombing.
Okay, let's say govt had to pay, who estimated the cost? To come to that amount. Why was it not made public?
Why not thisday corporate account. Why cash and why not help in rebuilding only.
2. The seizure of papers and threat of class action.
Is Jonathan the attorney general, why he will ask for the case to be dropped.

I am speechless at the level of impunity of the immediate past administration. A bunch of gullible Nigerians tried to rig back the same administration into power in the last general election in order to cover up their messy tracks. Nigeria would not have survived the onslaught depicted by this level of unbridled financial hemorrhage for personal use.

Never in the history of this country had persons, corporate organisations wrote to government explaining how they helped launder Nigeria's fund for their personal aggrandizement.

I see light in the dark tunnel. I see HOPE. CHANGE is already here. I can feel it.

2 Likes

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by admax(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
Very very soon! A common blogger buying mansion in banana Island!! in Mike Adenuga's neighbourhood o

ethicalUser:

1 Like

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Sharplogger(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
Psalm18:
This does not even make sense from Nduka.
1. Why is government paying a private firm for boko haram destroying its building. For the UN house, it makes sense to help its rebuilding. It's an international agency and we hosting them. If nduka is paid, why won't fg pay off market owners whose shops were blown off by bh or the cars that were destroyed in the nyanya bombing.
Okay, let's say govt had to pay, who estimated the cost? To come to that amount. Why was it not made public?
Why not thisday corporate account. Why cash and why not help in rebuilding only.
2. The seizure of papers and threat of class action.
Is Jonathan the attorney general, why he will ask for the case to be dropped.

u see it is also safer to ask if u do not know...are u aware that the FCT administration has paid and still paying verified victims of the Nyanya bomb blast?? I don't get ur tot process
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by wirinet(m): 4:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
ethicalUser:
Thats true. I wonder if Linda Ikeji, Uncle sam, Tony Momoh and even seun did not share in the largess. They too are in need of compensation for loss o f revenue because of boko haram and media promotion of the achievements of president Jonathan before the elections.
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by flokii: 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2015
ify2016:
You go fear threat.

But wait o, Na where all these recovered money according to EFCC and FG dey go since?

Lie lie everywhere you go.

Recovered this, have recovered that and the poor masses are still suffering.

so they should start spraying d recovered loots on the streets abi?.. that will please you

I wonder how youths of nowadays reason.. smh
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by flokii: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
ethicalUser:

HMMMN!

are you saying Dasuki fvcked Linda for part of d loots to buy house in banana island?

I give up

1 Like

Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Onlymewakacum(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
This man must take Nigerians for fools... the money wasn't paid since 2012 but it had to be paid by Dasuki abi? These folks are running out of creative lies undecided undecided
Re: Nduka Obaigbena Of Thisday Writes EFCC Over Funds He Received From Dasuki by Toks2008(m): 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
enigma2007:

i tell you! These court appearances they delay things...or media ruckus

That was exactly what Buhari said...that the judicial system is slowing down trials

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Efcc’s Attempt To Arrest Abba Kyari Sparks Panic In Aso Rock - Sahara Reporters / Pictures From Sowore's Party Declaration Today In Abuja / Okorocha Lavishes Imo Magistrates With Car Gifts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.