Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,769 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert (2980 Views)

Biafra: I Saw This In A South Eastern State Today(photos) / Eastern Consultative Assembly Elects Nnamdi Kanu As New Leader / South Eastern States And Their Natural Resources. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert by VANHELLSING: 12:18am On Dec 12, 2015
Ofcouse everything good in this danmed country is of igbo. Thank God for making me to come from this great tribe, it would've been disastrous to have come from the land of oil, pepper and maggi white, popularly known as OFE EGBENU REPUBLIC.
Now i know why igbos are nicely built, that u can spot an igbo man, woman, boy,girl or child in the mist of a million people.
CHUKWU ABIAMA BLESS THE GREAT IGBO NATION.

5 Likes

Re: South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert by baby124: 1:03am On Dec 12, 2015
VANHELLSING:
Ofcouse everything good in this danmed country is of igbo. Thank God for making me to come from this great tribe, it would've been disastrous to have come from the land of oil, pepper and maggi white, popularly known as OFE EGBENU REPUBLIC.
Now i know why igbos are nicely built, that u can spot an igbo man, woman, boy,girl or child in the mist of a million people.
CHUKWU ABIAMA BLESS THE GREAT IGBO NATION.
Really? What is more nutritious than tomato and pepper stew? Are you joking? Ewedu is a power food. Then imagine ewedu, gbegiri and stew. What could be more healthy and nutritious? Ewedu is so powerful it helps with infertility. What about moi moi? That is the healthiest meal in Nigeria. Yoruba foods are the most healthy though some may cook with a lot of oil, but that is common with other southern tribes. Igbo's also eat raw palm oil and yam or with the ugba, and eat palm nut soup. which is the most unhealthy food anyone can eat. So what are you saying? Yoruba diet has a lot of vegetable, beans, legumes and the lightest swallows like Amala, Eko and Lafun. Then we have Ofada rice which is very very healthy. Cuisine also varies by the location, so we have so many types of foods by Yoruba group. We also eat mostly fish because of our access to the sea! Apart from Efiks when it comes to healthy food with a lot of vegetables, I think the crown goes to Yoruba's. And the food is just as tasty. No tribe can cook Egusi like the Yoruba's. This is not a boast. Just facts. You can praise your tribes food, but don't insult others.
Re: South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 12, 2015
baby124:

Really? What is more nutritious than tomato and pepper stew? Are you joking? Ewedu is a power food. Then imagine ewedu, gbegiri and stew. What could be more healthy and nutritious? Ewedu is so powerful it helps with infertility. What about moi moi? That is the healthiest meal in Nigeria. Yoruba foods are the most healthy though some may cook with a lot of oil, but that is common with other southern tribes. Igbo's also eat raw palm oil and yam or with the ugba, and eat palm nut soup. which is the most unhealthy food anyone can eat. So what are you saying? Yoruba diet has a lot of vegetable, beans, legumes and the lightest swallows like Amala, Eko and Lafun. Then we have Ofada rice which is very very healthy. Cuisine also varies by the location, so we have so many types of foods by Yoruba group. We also eat mostly fish because of our access to the sea! Apart from Efiks when it comes to healthy food with a lot of vegetables, I think the crown goes to Yoruba's. And the food is just as tasty. No tribe can cook Egusi like the Yoruba's. This is not a boast. Just facts. You can praise your tribes food, but don't insult others.

lol. You are a bloody liar. Which eguisi? Since when? I laugh in igbo.
You see what i've been complaining about these oil people, they are quick to defend even when an expert says otherwise. No wonder their iq is low. Mental issues was one of the problems and yet you dont wanna change your habits because of hatred of the igbos. Continue o . Make una eat una ofe mmanu dey go. LOBBISH!

3 Likes

Re: South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert by VANHELLSING: 2:17am On Dec 12, 2015
baby124:

One does not require mirror to see what he/she holds in the palm. If u are a lagosian, then u must have seen how yorubas and other tribe frequent igbo restaurants to enjoy igbo delicacies,why the contrary is case in yoruba run restaurant. To be candid and sincere, in all my years in lagos I'm yet to see an igbo person walk-in to a yoruba restaurant to eat any of their delicacy, while most yorubas i have come across have all confessed how they have fallen in love with igbo delicacy. Me, personally I'm yet to test any yoruba food. Food will have to appeal to ur sight first before u Desire it, which yoruba food does not, infact, it is irritating to an average easterner.

By the way why are we again this? Your kins man who is in a better position to know, has declared his finding and that should be final or are you the mechanic that claim to know the car better than the maker?.

6 Likes

Re: South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert by Old2020: 3:14am On Dec 12, 2015
I can confirm this. Typically SE and SS foods minus Edo are pretty much the same, very nutritious evident in how physically strong our men are. There is a reason why Yorubas, Hausas and some Edo look malnourished because their foods are not nutritious. Though the Yorubas and Hausas who live in the East and regularly eat eastern foods tend to be bigger and stronger in appearance. Several yrs ago, my good friend went to serve in Osun, he came malnourished, lost all muscles. At the time we couldn't figure out why this happened. However after staying just 2 weeks in Calabar, he gained his muscles back and looked more healthy. Eastern foods are very nutritious. Again, all Eastern/Biafran foods are pretty much the same.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert by cheruv: 7:43am On Dec 12, 2015
baby124:

Baby don't get worked up...the researcher,Olufunke Adeniyi is your sister. Don't beef us over what she said grin

4 Likes

Re: South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert by jamace(m): 7:57am On Dec 12, 2015
Very true. No doubt about this assertion.
Re: South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert by coolzeal(m): 8:31am On Dec 12, 2015
Our food are the best and not just the soups. You need to visit Nsukka to eat local varieties of foods rich in vegetables. The Eastern region are really blessed in all forms of life.

Note: I don't think i have ever come across a house in my village that cannot boast of at least 5 or more varieties of fruits planted in their surroundings. #proudlyIgbo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why South East Should Remain In Nigeria By Ifeanyi Ubah / Let All Say 'NO' To Tribalism And Hate Speech. / “I Cannot Pay 250k For A Hotel Room”- Peter Obi’s Watchout List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.