Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) (76642 Views)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / Pastor Shaves A Lady, Removes Her Panties During Deliverance In Church (Photos) / Watch The Bro. Iginla’s 80,000 Seat Stadium Like Champions City Of WONDERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Iykestix: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2015
ify84:
Will the theatre be a new place of worship, who will now be using the 50k seater... or is the 100k seater be used only for shilo. .

@Iykestix

that will be the new cananland city, and yea i think they will still be using the 50,000 capacity but the Faith Theatre (100,000 capacity ) will now be the headquarters
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Annunaki(m): 11:08am On Dec 12, 2015
krall69:
your mates are building houses all over the place and you are looking for a large arena for homeless people. Be there celebrating poverty while others are prospering

You are obviously not a christian so I won't bother arguing with you until you first accept Christ into your life.

3 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by vooks: 11:10am On Dec 12, 2015
Annunaki:

The passage below puts the answer to your question in better perspective.

Acts 7:46-50

46 who found favor before God and asked to find a dwelling for the God of Jacob. 47 But Solomon built Him a house.

48 “However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:

49 ‘Heaven is My throne,
And earth is My footstool.
What house will you build for Me? says the Lord,

Or what is the place of My rest?
50 Has My hand not made all these things?’

You have not answered the question.
Churches just like the temple despite being raised for God are not designed to house Him
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by vooks: 11:13am On Dec 12, 2015
Annunaki:

That was then, under this dispensation our bodies are the temple of God.

1 Corinthians 6:19

19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

Church structures are secondary my broda, the primary thing is fellowship. If you ever get to study Christian history, it started with home cells and as persecution subsided, established meeting places became the norm. This followed synagogues another Jewish innovation.

Isn't it sensible if people are going to meet regularly they should be shielded from elements?

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by ikorodureporta: 11:17am On Dec 12, 2015
dikeigbo2:
Serious selfish business minded pastor,
Solve a million problems,
Save countless souls by building a single industry.
Times it by the number of industries or factories you built and see you wipe out poverty and some vices in those areas its sighted.
Establishing or building churches or mosques is not our problem(s)
Our problem(s) is how to absolve our numerous unemployed youths.

May God bless everyone that heeds this advice Amen

no mind dem...if they set up a standard vocational training centre, thousands of youths' future wl be guaranteed, & hundreds of their members wl offer their service as instructors for free.....END-TIME MINISTRY!

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by ikorodureporta: 11:21am On Dec 12, 2015
CeterisXVII:

This church has already built two top notch universities, which employs hundreds of people and pays them their daily wages. So what are you saying? shocked

what are u saying, how many Nigerians can afford that? Why cant they set up vocational training centres?

...besides, those universities are being run by members' funds. So what happens to the profit/fees??
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Emmaesty(f): 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
CeterisXVII:

This church has already built two top notch universities, which employs hundreds of people and pays them their daily wages. So what are you saying? shocked
They also have industries

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Emmaesty(f): 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
BodyKiss:
He seems to be the only one prospering while the majority of his church members are busy papaing him, going to shiloh Year in, year out seeking for propsperity that never seem to be in-sight.

On a more serious note, does this man ever give back to the society, any charity programme for the less privileged?
There's scholarship
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by krall69: 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
ikorodureporta:

what are u saying, how many Nigerians can afford that? Why cant they set up vocational training centres?

...besides, those universities are being run by members' funds. So what happens to the profit/fees??
nigerians!!!!!! The universities are not funded by the ministry.
You complain that a man of God builds a new auditorium for religious activites. Blame the government for your youths unemployment. Blame the government for your homelessness. Any grown person that is sitting down and waiting for others to be feeding, clothing and sheltering him doesnt deserve to live. Do you expect him to come out and start sharing money to the congregation?

9 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Annunaki(m): 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2015
vooks:

You have not answered the question.
Churches just like the temple despite being raised for God are not designed to house Him

Your question was 'what purpose did solomon's temple serve?' and I showed you a passage telling you what the the attitude of the bible is to it in the new testament dispensation.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Annunaki(m): 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
vooks:

Church structures are secondary my broda, the primary thing is fellowship. If you ever get to study Christian history, it started with home cells and as persecution subsided, established meeting places became the norm. This followed synagogues another Jewish innovation.

Isn't it sensible if people are going to meet regularly they should be shielded from elements?

Yes church structures are secondary and not of primary importance even though it's nice to have a nice a conducive place of worship. But my grouse is why a church should prioritise building mega structures which is not so important in christianity over taking care of the poor and needy which is clearly instructed and emphasised by Christ.

5 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Bobby4090: 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
praise God
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by vooks: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
Annunaki:

Yes church structures are secondary and not of primary importance even though it's nice to have a nice a conducive place of worship. But my grouse is why a church should prioritise building mega structures which is not so important in christianity over taking care of the poor and needy which is clearly instructed and emphasised by Christ.
You'd need to know whether they don't take care of the poor and needy. Can you categorically confirm they don't?

It's almost as if they are mutually exclusive; church or charity
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Annunaki(m): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
vooks:

You'd need to know whether they don't take care of the poor and needy. Can you categorically confirm they don't?

It's almost as if they are mutually exclusive; church or charity

Even if they do, I am certain they spend only a very tiny fraction of what they make on the poor and needy. My point is that what should a church spend more money on? Those in need that jesus emphasised or church building structures that has little importance to true christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by vooks: 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
Annunaki:

Even if they do, I am certain they spend only a very tiny fraction of what they make on the poor and needy. My point is that what should a church spend more money on? Those in need that jesus emphasised or church building structures that has little importance to true christianity.
How much?
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by PastorAji(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
vooks:

How much?
help me ask am.....fyi Winners Chapel spends heavy on Charity just that I can't be discussing the system on Social media

.....insider opinion

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by vooks: 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
PastorAji:
help me ask am.....fyi Winners Chapel spends heavy on Charity just that I can't be discussing the system on Social media

.....insider opinion
It's because some of them don't trump their charity that we think they don't

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by TheMascot(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
krall69:
nigerians!!!!!! The universities are not funded by the ministry.
You complain that a man of God builds a new auditorium for religious activites. Blame the government for your youths unemployment. Blame the government for your homelessness. Any grown person that is sitting down and waiting for others to be feeding, clothing and sheltering him doesnt deserve to live. Do you expect him to come out and start sharing money to the congregation?
where did Jesus give his most powerful teachings?.. on a mountain.. on plain grass..what did he do there?..he gave them the message..and did what?..fed them....did Jesus say "I can't feed the 5 thousand let them go to their government"..did Jesus not say " a day shall come when you shall need not go into the temples to worship God"..? ..what happened to renting stadiums?.. and using the remaining money for charity..since when this boko haram menace started I have not seen a church in the news helping out...I see big churches and see poor roads right in front of them..i see big churches and Nigeria being unable to feed the people lying on the streets..I see biggest churches ..yet Nigeria is one of the curropt countries in the world..who are we fooling..our selves..Christianity isn't about church..rather about love

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by krall69: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
TheMascot:
where did Jesus give his most powerful teachings?.. on a mountain.. on plain grass..what did he do there?..he gave them the message..and did what?..fed them....did Jesus say "I can't feed the 5 thousand let them go to their government"..did Jesus not say " a day shall come when you shall need not go into the temples to worship God"..? ..what happened to renting stadiums?.. and using the remaining money for charity..since when this boko haram menace started I have not seen a church in the news helping out...I see big churches and see poor roads right in front of them..i see big churches and Nigeria being unable to feed the people lying on the streets..I see biggest churches ..yet Nigeria is one of the curropt countries in the world..who are we fooling..our selves..Christianity isn't about church..rather about love
i just knew you guys will bring up the feeding of the 5000. Jesus didnt feed them because they were poor or because they didnt have money on them.
You talk about giving to charity but do you know about the davidoyedepo foundation? The food stuff, clothing materials and also monetary gifts given to the less privileged at branches, the free eye tests, eye operation and glasses and other medical stuff done for free. Why should you have a problem if he decides to build something like this. It's not every good thing you do that you come to the media to shout about.
If a single church has the money to build such then what more a country like nigeria? Who should be blamed for the bad roads in a state? Or do you want the pastors to go into politics?
If the people in power had the brain to do the right things, people in nigeria will be living comfortably and will have no reason to despise the way a ministry decides to spend it's money.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by ehissi(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
sobmos:
Go borrow some sense! The guy is obviously stating the truth. Let him build house for the homeless people that roams the street without anywhere to shelter in. Instead of building gigantic edifices of profit. Religious houses should be taxable,with the huge amount of profit and yearly turnovers.

How many homeless shelters did Jesus Christ himself build?? A man said God sent him on an errand and this is what he was sent to do; which one come be ya own sef?? The members complain give U; if U truly believe and feel say na homeless shelters people need; why not take it to God in prayer and ask for grace from God to building homeless shelters!!

Or better still, why not move into one yaself and show how good it is to be in a homeless shelter and then dedicate ya life fulltime - just like oyedepo did - to advocating for the creation of mega homeless shelters and let's see what happens; abi??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by sylaz(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
when you want to be a rockstar, but you're already a pastor(preneur).

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by dollarathe(m): 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
dikeigbo2:

I don't want you to complain ,take a look at that again and meditate upon it,I just generalized what I just said, don't get it twisted..... Building churches and mosques is not where our problems are............rather engaging the unemployed to meaningful trade or skills... Idol minds are the devil's workshop
who go build the church ? people or dogs ?

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Drahmah: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
BodyKiss:
He seems to be the only one prospering while the majority of his church members are busy papaing him, going to shiloh Year in, year out seeking for propsperity that never seem to be in-sight.

On a more serious note, does this man ever give back to the society, any charity programme for the less privileged?
No, he's not the only one prospering. More than half the members of the winners' family worldwide live above the poverty line. And that is because they have a prophet who teaches and shows them what it takes to. And does he ever give back to the society? Well, He has 2 universities where the best lecturers are employed to give quality education to those who see the need for it. He has hundreds of secondary and primary schools scattered across the world doing the same. Every branch of his church caters for the needy, including the widows every other time. His church has several scholarship programs for students at different levels. There is provision for free transportation of members who cannot afford to take themselves to and from church on sundays. And i can go on and on, but then, you probably would still find a reason to criticize the man.

The thing about people like you is that you just talk based on heresy, without actually digging in to know the truth about people and issues.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Damalex4luv(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
dikeigbo2:
Serious selfish business minded pastor,
Solve a million problems,
Save countless souls by building a single industry.
Times it by the number of industries or factories you built and see you wipe out poverty and some vices in those areas its sighted.
Establishing or building churches or mosques is not our problem(s)
Our problem(s) is how to absolve our numerous unemployed youths.

May God bless everyone that heeds this advice Amen
Shut up

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by HighQue007: 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
building with his share of the loot.

He endorsed GEJ, thank God he his God.

In Nigeria we can believe anything so far the person saying it holds a bible or Quran.

Why Would you believe a salary paid Pastor when you know he his only doing his Job with his preaching..

Even the bible says my people perish cos they lack knowledge.

Black people are the victim of all these foreign religion shortcomings cos they lack basic knowledge...all we know is how adam and eve gave birth to cane and abel then cant question how cane and abel gave birth without having sex with thier mom...smh
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by MrHighSea: 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
Bad tinz will still go on in d church
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Alwaysup: 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2015
I connect myself. Thank you Jesus the church is marching on.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by BossDanniee(m): 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
woww..see church
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Pque(m): 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
1kinggy:
Reminds me of Joel Osteen's church. The churich auditorium was a basketball arena converted into a church with lots of other facilities.

that is one of my best pastors.
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by sofunme: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
No be small thing o. Wish them well...

Fairly used UK female shoes sizes 41 and 42 for sale at very good prices. Whatsapp 09032585509
Re: Winners Chapel To Build A 100,000 Capacity Stadium-like Church. (photos) by Alwaysup: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
HighQue007:
building wiyh his share of the loot.

Bad mind that's why the economy of this country will keep on effect you. Contact your self .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Am A Muslim But I Love Jesus — Emir Sanusi / Ghanaian Pastor Caught In Hotel Room Trying To Sleep With Church Elder's Wife / "I Killed This Lizard In Midnight & My Brother Died":nigerian Man Narrates(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.