Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,218 members, 7,811,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala (27982 Views)

Arms Deal:probe Shifts To Navy, Billions Of Naira Unexecuted Contracts Uncovered / Arms Deal Probe: PDP Torn Into 4 Factions / EFCC Begins Phase Two Of $2.1b Arms Deal Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by baski92(m): 6:22am On Dec 12, 2015
The immediate past Minister of Finance , Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, yesterday, reiterated her innocence in the ongoing probe on the multi-billion dollar arms deal, stating that in all her dealings, she strived to protect the interest of the country.

Okonjo-Iweala, in a statement by her spokesperson, Mr. Paul Nwabuikwu, also alleged that unscrupulous and comprised individuals have distorted the contents of her memo to former president Goodluck Jonathan, seeking the transfer of $300 million and £5.5 million to the Office of the National Security Adviser, to portray her in bad light.
The statement reads: “ For the past week, Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole and other compromised persons and media have embarked on a campaign of falsehood against Dr Okonjo-Iweala. They have distorted the contents of the January 20 memo in which she responded to a request by the former National Security Adviser and quoted selectively from the document to make their false allegations of ‘illegal diversion’ of funds.
“For your information and a fuller understanding of the issues, please see the attached January 20 memo by Dr Okonjo-Iweala as published by some online sites. It confirms that Dr Okonjo-Iweala is a transparent person of integrity and patriotic professional who worked hard to protect the interest of the country and that her accusers are purveyors of falsehood on a political mission to tarnish an innocent patriot.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/arms-deal-probe-i-acted-in-nigerias-interest-okonjo-iweala/

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:25am On Dec 12, 2015
Fighting corruption up & down, probing rat & grasscutter. Is this the main problem facing Nigeria now??.. some should ask Buhari this

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by ayindejimmy(m): 6:46am On Dec 12, 2015
Where is the attached memo now? Abi E don dissappear

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Chubhie: 6:52am On Dec 12, 2015
My dear Ngo Babe, please don't tell me you are squeaky clean in all these. With your exposure to how civilised business affairs of a country are conducted, You should have stood up and played safe with due processes knowing what an inexperienced GEJ you had.

Ngo, you broke my heart and then again, you try to insult my sensibility. What did I ever do to you to deserve this? Ngo babe, there's nothing left for you to try to save! We have all seen fowl yansh. You can still make things right by telling US all you know. No scared cows.

186 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by toprealman: 7:01am On Dec 12, 2015
The jazz man wey cook her orisirishi toh badt. This woman na correct thief.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by alrahmanonline(m): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Fighting corruption up & down, probing rat & grasscutter. Is this the main problem facing Nigeria??.. some should ask Buhari this
How dare you blame Buhari for fighting corruption? i can't believe we still have youths who supported corruption... SMH

217 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Pavore9: 7:05am On Dec 12, 2015
Do Nigerians feel she acted in their 'best interest'?

12 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:09am On Dec 12, 2015
alrahmanonline:

How dare you blame Buhari for fighting corruption? i can't believe we still have youths who supported corruption... SMH
I still ask again,

1. Is That The Main Problem Nigeria Is Facing Now??..

2. Will That Revive Nigeria's Economy??..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by stuff46(m): 7:11am On Dec 12, 2015
End time interest
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Prinzemel(m): 7:12am On Dec 12, 2015
alrahmanonline:

very soon probe will be on your dinning table serving as breakfast, launch and dinner. What has been the achievement of previous similar charges. If you don't know time is tickling, 6months far gone, no vision,no mission in this change session.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by PassingShot(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I still ask again,

1. Yes, corruption remains the country's number one problem. Once we're able to drastically bring it down, most other problems will easily be solved.

2. Yes, fighting corruption is a catalyst to reviving the economy.

Nevertheless, I expect corrupt souls and those sympathetic to corrupt politicians to disagree with me.

209 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 12, 2015
In my opinion, Ngozi didn't steal. But Ngozi couldn't stop the thieves from stealing what was entrusted to her care. When we are angry, it is because we had so much faith in her ability to prevent the rot; and she couldn't.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by ubah84(m): 7:18am On Dec 12, 2015
Prinzemel:
very soon probe will be on your dinning table serving as breakfast, launch and dinner. What has been the achievement of previous similar charges. If you don't know time is tickling, 6months far gone, no vision,no mission in this change session.
I pity ur condition

48 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by drey076(m): 7:25am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I still ask again,

You are very daft if you don't know the major problem we are facing in Nigeria by now which is corruption. Buhari we are behind you.
Ride on

129 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by PassingShot(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2015
If NOI had any sense of preserving her name and integrity, she would have resigned long ago. Failure to do that meant she one way or the other benefited from the sleaze going on under her watch as Economic Coordinator. Soon we will know how she cornered her own share of the looting.

Shame on you madam!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by PassingShot(m): 7:29am On Dec 12, 2015
kITATITA:
In my opinion, Ngozi didn't steal. But Ngozi couldn't stop the thieves from stealing what was entrusted to her care. When we are angry, it is because we had so much faith in her ability to prevent the rot; and she couldn't.
Too early to say she didn't benefit one way or the other. If she didn't and watched on instead of resigning honourably, then she is the most incompetent finance expert in the whole world.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 12, 2015
PassingShot:

Too early to say she didn't benefit one way or the other. If she didn't and watched on instead of resigning honourably, then she is the most incompetent finance expert in the whole world.
I agree with you somewhat. Nobody has linked her anywhere as a beneficiary; but she is not blameless. If she didn't know, that's incompetence. If she knew and did nothing, that's spineless and incompetence. She should have spoken out and resigned. Ngozi's reputation as a finance expert has been called to question. If I run a blue chip company, I won't hire her.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by hammariise(m): 7:38am On Dec 12, 2015
Shut your motherfucking mouth shut, ASSHOLE

5 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by saintfederic: 7:53am On Dec 12, 2015
Pavore9:
Do Nigerians feel she acted in their 'best interest'?
well she did Tell us to remove fuel subsidy which is killing us by the way and she did create the TSA so in my opinion yes she acted in our best interest

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Pavore9: 8:04am On Dec 12, 2015
saintfederic:
well she did Tell us to remove fuel subsidy which is killing us by the way and she did create the TSA so in my opinion yes she acted in our best interest
My reference was in regards to the multi-billion dollar arms deal.

13 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by captainflash(m): 8:05am On Dec 12, 2015
kITATITA:
Who told yOU she didnt steal our money? or where you in her pocket to know she didnt steal? are you her spokeman? when she went to buhari to confess about the stolen money where were there? who are the theives? they said show me ur friend and i'd tell u who u are, its certain she walked with them, ate with them, worked with them, and she ate our money too, so what's your f.ucking point?

Be Wise nigga!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by MabraO: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I still ask again,

U only ve a head but nothing is in it
Ce de merge

46 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Xapio: 8:25am On Dec 12, 2015
PassingShot:
If NOI had any sense of preserving her name and integrity, she would have resigned long ago. Failure to do that meant she one way or the other benefited from the sleaze going on under her watch as Economic Coordinator. Soon we will know how she cornered her own share of the looting.

Shame on you madam!
See them...What is really your point mr man let me understand you? As far as I'm concerned, Ngo has no case to answer. Your question and probe should be directed to Dasuki if he really used the money for what it's meant for. I'm sure Dasuki will be able to speak for himself in court. You people's campaign of calumny against NOI is not gonna work..lai lai angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Xapio: 8:25am On Dec 12, 2015
Chubhie:
My dear Ngo Babe, please don't tell me you are squeaky clean in all these. With your exposure to how civilised business affairs of a country are conducted, You should have stood up and played safe with due processes knowing what an inexperienced GEJ you had.

Ngo, you broke my heart and then again, you try to insult my sensibility. What did I ever do to you to deserve this? Ngo babe, there's nothing left for you to try to save! We have all seen fowl yansh. You can still make things right by telling US all you know. No scared cows.
What are you even talking about?

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by Xapio: 8:27am On Dec 12, 2015
They said he released money without appropriation by NASS and I ask, the one Buhari shared to governors as bailout, was it appropriated by NASS? Bunch of shameless and hyprocritic ediots.. angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by vedaxcool(m): 8:28am On Dec 12, 2015
She obviously suffer a mental problem. How does looting serves Nigeria's best interest.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by bettercreature(m): 8:33am On Dec 12, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Fighting corruption up & down, probing rat & grasscutter. Is this the main problem facing Nigeria??.. some should ask Buhari this
You are illiterate!

15 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by opeaceo: 8:35am On Dec 12, 2015
Prinzemel:

I'd love to know how PMB is fighting corruption. Is it his phone calls, statements, body language??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by opeaceo: 8:36am On Dec 12, 2015
bettercreature:
You are illiterate!
A very proud one....

7 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by ehissi(m): 8:56am On Dec 12, 2015
This is the real source to look at if you want to see her true reaction to the request for funds by the office of the National Security Adviser!!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/okonjo-iweala-makes-public-memo-on-arms-deal/

No matter how hard Oshiomole, APC oh or is it OPC and Buhari try to taint her reputation; you will find that this woman called Nkonjo Iweala is a sucker for doing things right!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by CaptaiinG(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2015
Hehehe oya keep exposing them If you are innocent
Re: Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala by anonimi: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2015
Thank you ma for your explanation.
Let this present federal administration sue you to court if not satisfied.

Meanwhile does anyone know when Buhari will have time for our immediate, pressing issues

- Fuel scarcity at N300 despite continuing to pay subsidy to the cabal.
- Boko Haram terrorism
- Power failure.
- Exchange rate of N260

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3075523_bubu_jpeg548c6e11ce99a7bdf3febf4edabed9ea

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3126736_killbokoharam_jpegd375c59f7b9b33f00c41d6006bbb5f00

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2922444_stopbokoharam_jpegbb8da98a206011a096c5c881ca714bf1

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Multiple Bomb Blasts Kill Many In Adamawa / Bodies Of Boko Haram Terrorists Buried In Shallow Graves In Borno.Graphic Photos / Broke FG, State Governments Scavenge For Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.