Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene (1941 Views)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Arms Deal Probe: I Acted In Nigeria’s Interest – Okonjo- Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by midolian(m): 7:33am On Dec 13, 2015
As the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), continue to quiz more prominent Nigerians involved in the $2.1bn arms purchase deal, THE PUNCH is reporting that some of the suspects have been reaching out to ex-President Olusegun Obsanjo to intervene on their behalf.

Although, the report did not mention names of the suspects, it said a trusted aide of the former President confirmed the development.
The report added that those reaching out to the ex-president wanted soft-landing.

“I can confirm that,” the newspaper quoted one of the former president’s trusted aides in a telephone chat on Saturday night.

Obasanjo, who played a major role in galvanizing local and international support for Candidate Muhammadu Buhari prior to the 2015 election, is believed to have the ears of the current president.

However, the source said Obasanjo was not likely to accede to the requests of the highly influential Nigerians involved in the scandal.

Some staff of the office of the National Security Adviser, who made useful statements to investigators of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, had named several prominent Nigerians in politics, business, governance and the media as beneficiaries of several “suspicious payments”.

But the Obasanjo aide said those who hoped the former president would help them to pervert the course of justice were in for a shocker.

He said, “Of course, some of the people involved in the scandal are reaching out to Baba (Obasanjo). They want soft-landing. People would always reach out to him. But we all know Obasanjo’s disposition to some people and what he thinks of them.

“Moreover, the revelations are serious. Even if only 10 per cent is true, it is still serious. Also it is important to stress that what have been revealed are the things that we know. How about other deals that we do not know? We are talking about the office of the National Security Adviser, how about what happened in other places: Education, Finance, Aviation etc?”

https://www.today.ng/news/national/51048/arms-deal-probe-suspects-reach-out-to-obasanjo-to-intervene?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Lalasticlala
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by eleko1: 7:35am On Dec 13, 2015
Shebi dey talk say baba isn't relevant in the scheme of thing in NIG/government again?running to Obj @ dis time is a one chance risk/speedy access to kuje/alagbon close.Thieves
midolian:

https://www.today.ng/news/national/51048/arms-deal-probe-suspects-reach-out-to-obasanjo-to-intervene?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by midolian(m): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2015
who says they are being witch-hunted? Thunder fire witch!

We are gradually disinfecting corruption out of Nigeria. Nigeria shall be great again! grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by HungerBAD: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2015
Laughing.

I remember when these same people called Obasanjo senile, today they are running to him for help?what part of YOU BROKE THE LAW do these Politicians don't get?you stole, and you go around looking for a soft landing? i say lets Jerry Rawlings(Shoot)them.

All this financial atrocities, committed by the Government of Goodluck Jonathan, is the reason why Nigeria going through this challenging phases now, economically.

Meanwhile, this is just DasukiGATE.

We have not touched the Oil Sector yet, the OILGATE will be very interesting.

President Buhari, i am solidly behind even if you use your first 4 years to sanitise our corrupt polity, do not pay attention to those PDP paid agents, going around saying you should do other things.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2015
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Imortal001: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2015
Obj no get mouth for this matter.......

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Iroh88(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Has Obj himself secured his own rump?? Why would he wanna expend a moment of his life securing someone else's??

These guys should quit their shenanigans already. They claim they never took a dime which wasn't legally due them. If I were them, I'd allow the FG take me to court, I'd prove my innocence and have them pay for emotional damages and that done my reputation.

God bless Magu!

2 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by madridguy(m): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2015
The Oracle himself. I pray Baba OBJ open their yansh more more.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by koxyz: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2015
LL
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by EdCure: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2015
Obasanjo is too wise and careful to stand on the way of the ongoing anti-corruption crusade. He will be crushed if he did.

Those culprits were his products and coleagues in PDP. Obasanjo played a greater role in Nigeria's problems than most of these men.

6 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by aieromon(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2015
OBJ is the last person you want to run to. That Baba no dey forgive.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan met secretly with President Muhammad Buhari on Thursday night, with corruption at the center of their discussion, two Presidency sources have disclosed.

Our sources disclosed that the meeting between President and the man he unseated in the March 28, 2015 presidential poll lasted from 9-10 p.m. Nigerian time.

Our sources stated that they understood that former President Jonathan did not seek any explicit overtures from President Buhari, adding that they suspect that Mr. Jonathan was at the Presidential Villa to check Mr. Buhari’s temperament regarding the growing probe of sectors of the former president's administration.

One source stated that President Buhari and Mr. Jonathan parted on an "amicable note," with both men chatting and laughing.

The meeting was kept secret, hidden from the media.

Less than 24 hours after the meeting, former President Olusegun Obasanio also requested to meet with President Buhari. One source revealed that, at a Friday meeting with President Buhari, Mr. Obasanjo urged the new president to act boldly and courageously on corruption. According to the source, Mr. Obasanjo specifically told the president to be open to sending former President Jonathan to prison on account of his involvement in corrupt activities.

Mr. Obasanjo reportedly listed fraudulent selling of Nigeria's crude oil and the arms import scams as two areas he would be able to assist Mr. Buhari to nail former President Jonathan.

Unlike the meeting between President Buhari and his immediate predecessor, the meeting with Mr. Obasanjo was in the full glare of the media. However, neither Mr. Obasanjo nor the president offered an official account of the subject or substance of their meeting which was held behind close doors.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/09/corruption-probe-former-president-jonathan-secret-meeting-buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 13, 2015
“Moreover, the revelations are serious. Even if only 10 per cent is true, it is still serious. Also it is important to stress that what been revealed are the things that we know. How about other deals that we do not know? We are talking about the office of the National Security Adviser, how about what happened in other places: Education, Finance, Aviation etc?”

smiley im so happy

4 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Ama80(f): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2015
midolian:
who says they are being witch-hunted? Thunder fire witch!

We are gradually disinfecting corruption out of Nigeria. Nigeria shall be great again! grin
disinfecting corruption?prosecuting Dokpesi for exposing d rot Tinubu n co perpetrated in Lagos state while d criminals dine n eat wt d govt dat b,pontificatin in every matter as saints.dis is hypocritical of u midolian.Oh God!Pls use ur divinity n incorruptibility to cleanse ds country of all past n present leaders irrespective of party affiliation dat hav brought rot n suffering to ds country.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Remii(m): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2015
Ama80:
disinfecting corruption?prosecuting Dokpesi for exposing d rot Tinubu n co perpetrated in Lagos state while d criminals dine n eat wt d govt dat b,pontificatin in every matter as saints.dis is hypocritical of u midolian.Oh God!Pls use ur divinity n incorruptibility to cleanse ds country of all past n present leaders irrespective of party affiliation dat hav brought rot n suffering to ds country.
mmmmmnnnn, nigeria has a long way to go if someone can write this after all evidences showing left right and centre, which one is more grievous, proven facts or imaginary ones? these politicians render us all poor and you are here protecting them? smh

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Ama80(f): 9:05am On Dec 13, 2015
Remii:
mmmmmnnnn, nigeria has a long way to go if someone can write this after all evidences showing left right and centre, which one is more grievous, proven facts or imaginary ones? these politicians render us all poor and you are here protecting them? smh
are we not saying d same thing?pls read again n my prayer.meanwhile dat Sahara reporters n nations newspaper sentenced these pple before real trial is not all d evidence u need.be open minded n don't b a hypocrite by regarding one evidence as imaginary n d other,a factual.in fact we r not saying d same thing cos u hav a warped mindset.my first sentence is an error.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 13, 2015
Ama80:

Ka-Ching! Your account has been credited with n10000 for your service
thank you for using ONSA ATM. Our other services include insurance,spiritual matters etc. Please spam for us again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 13, 2015
Obj too should prepare to join them soon, except if Buhari is not honest about his fight against corruption.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by midolian(m): 9:21am On Dec 13, 2015
Ama80:
Dear, its a gradual process... grin grin grin

So far, no one has been able to prove any allegation against Tinubu..Dokpesi didn't expose any any rot..he only did what he was paid to do. Most of those things aired on AIT were lies and you know it.. Tinubu "might" be a criminal, but he sure knows how to cover his tracks..and as far as I am concerned, a criminal who knows how to cover his tracks is as good as a saint.. Let the foolish ones like dokpesi face the music.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by richylee(m): 9:51am On Dec 13, 2015
20pounds:
Obj too should prepare to join them soon, except if Buhari is not honest about his fight against corruption.
Quote me anywhere Buhari we never probe Obj.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Boss13: 9:57am On Dec 13, 2015
aieromon:
OBJ is the last person you want to run to. That Baba no dey forgive.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/09/corruption-probe-former-president-jonathan-secret-meeting-buhari

Obasanjo is very aware of these atrocities. Now I understand why he chose to leave partisan politics.

Jonathan deserves to be in prison and his trial should be in full view of the public so that ethnic bigots can see clearly.

There is no ethnicity or religious divide at the apex as we can see they share these loots happily
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Aufbauh(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2015
If they like make dem reach out to Angel Michael and Gabriel, the game is over for them.
After all Bafarrawa's spiritual exercise nor Dasuki postponement of election could not cover their poo.

3 Likes

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 13, 2015
Anybody that intervenes on behalf of corrupt people should be arrested for being an accessory.

Anyone that sees the way ordinary Nigerians are suffering and still defend corruption is also wicked.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 13, 2015
Ama80:

Senseless post.

1 Like

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Teryfik(m): 10:23am On Dec 13, 2015
End time intervention
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by supersolex(m): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2015
Aufbauh:
If they like make dem reach out to Angel Michael and Gabriel, the game is over for them.
After all Bafarrawa's spiritual exercise nor Dasuki postponement of election could not cover their poo.
Lol this ur photo nkor.
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by Abagworo(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2015
HungerBAD:

President Buhari, i am solidly behind even if you use your first 4 years to sanitise our corrupt polity, do not pay attention to those PDP paid agents, going around saying you should do other things.

Exactly. The wailers forgot so quick that 90% of diehard Buharists like me voted him to fight corruption and not to build roads. The backbone of his campaign was equally fighting corruption and he is keeping to his promise. The part most of us want which is death penalty for corrupt officials is not feasible now but I believe it will form a very important part of future constitution amendments.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:48am On Dec 13, 2015
Obj, stay out of this if you don't want to die a shameful death
Re: Arms Deal Probe: Suspects Reach Out To Obasanjo To Intervene by olafum1(m): 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ukwa

(1) (Reply)

What's Happening To Warri? / Tompolo Is "Niger Delta Avengers"! Emami Ayiri Of Itsekiri insinuate--Vanguard / Asari Dokubo Open Up On avengers, Biafra Problems.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.