Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. (17118 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by winner01(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Chizzled06:

Whoever mentioned atheism?
Which one you dey, abi u nor get name grin
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by Chizzled06(m): 11:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
winner01:
This is a serious unsubstantiated claim.
You mind explaining the finetuning of the universe, if you answer is "random processes", dont even bother.

That 'claim' was an explanation of Deism, a belief that most God-believing scientists hold.

Sorry, by 'fine tuning of the universe' what exactly do you mean? The fact that less than 0.01% of the observable universe is habitable by living organisms?
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by Chizzled06(m): 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
winner01:
Which one you dey, abi u nor get name grin

Lol. In the words of Jefferson, "I am a sect by myself, as far as I know."
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by winner01(m): 11:48pm On Dec 20, 2015
Chizzled06:

That 'claim' was an explanation of Deism, a belief that most God-believing scientists hold.

Sorry, by 'fine tuning of the universe' what exactly do you mean? The fact that less than 0.01% of the observable universe is habitable by living organisms?
No, but the fact that there is a settled calm and order. Going by your logic, i expect the universe to be chaos, including our extraordinarily perfect earth.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by winner01(m): 11:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Chizzled06:

Lol. In the words of Jefferson, "I am a sect by myself, as far as I know."
Seems we have someone who knows that atheism is a scam.
A man from an unknown sect. grin
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by winner01(m): 11:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
Chizzled06:

Are you being serious? Cosmology? Origin of species?
How do they discredit the Bible
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by Chizzled06(m): 11:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
winner01:
No, but the fact that there is a settled calm and order. Going by your logic, i expect the universe to be chaos, including our extraordinarily perfect earth.

Relatively speaking, there's no settled calm and order in the universe, my friend.

Out of 100 Billion stars in just our galaxy alone, our sun is the only known one to have a planet in it's solar system with the conditions to accommodate life.

And even our 'prefect' earth has gone through dramatic structural transformations since it's origin, before any life form, not to speak of modern humans, came on the scene.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by Chizzled06(m): 12:03am On Dec 21, 2015
winner01:
How do they discredit the Bible

Your question is irrational.

It's like someone asking to how Science discredits the Quran, the Torah etc.

You can't discredit something with no credence in the first place.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by Chizzled06(m): 12:12am On Dec 21, 2015
winner01:
Seems we have someone who knows that atheism is a scam.
A man from an unknown sect. grin

Belief or unbelief is personal. So really, there's no 'scam' as long as whatever faith you hold contributes to your well being as a human being.

I just don't think there's any reason for extremism on either end. Atheism requires a leap of faith to believe in a causeless universe, one which I'm not prepared to take. That doesn't mean I should gleefully accept anybody else's imagination or baseless ideology of the concept of God
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 5:23am On Dec 21, 2015
winner01:
When you read, make use of your brains.

Give scientific findings that contradict the scriptures rather than asking what findings support the scriptures.
Im far beyond your pranks.

Sir William Herschel:
"All human discoveries seem to be made only for the purpose of confirming more & more strongly the truth contained in the Sacred Scriptures".

No valid discovery contradicts the scriptures, maybe only unfounded assumptions.

I have already told stated many. Just one example is enough. It is genetically impossible for all humans to have decended from one man and one woman. It is scientifically impossible. Only in mythology and fiction is that possible. Provide the genetic evidence to support the biblical claim that all humans decended from one man and one woman. Stop appealing to shoody christian apologist that don't knowork anything apart from how to tell lies. There is no truth contain in the bible as such. Unless if you and your apologist that are always fast to throw the bible away with the claim that most of its mythology are allegory when confronted with stuffs that obviously do not make sense believe that Jewish mythology and fiction is scientific fact.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2015
BETATRON:
...infinite regression is impossible my brother..what we say is unintelligence and unconsciousness cannot be the cause of intelligence and grandeur.

Just as we cannot expect a 1mnt old to "by chance" draw the portrait of himself perfectly so also we don't expect beauty and intelligence to be the product of mere chance

Back to God not having a creator..as I have said "infinite regression is impossible because if we keep moving backward to find the creator of each creator there will be no creation

So our concept of God is one who is self existent,infinite knowledge,self dependent et.al ..simply put #eternal#
Oh really, so you've basically created a law that only applies when you say so. That's not how science works.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 10:54am On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

God is eternal
We know that energy cannot be destroyed by modern means and that's a fact. So what is backing this claim up? Because no matter how convinced you are on a topic, it doesn't change whether it's right or wrong. That said, nobody is going to base calculations on a personal hunch or some arbitrary law that for some reason a creator is eternal.

Unless of course the person resorts to pseudoscience which to be honest, hasn't gotten anybody anywhere.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2015
winner01:
Before you further make a fool of yourself , make sure you watch the clip.
This clip has been posted before, in fact, it's on my phone and I've viewed it many times.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by BETATRON(m): 10:57am On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:

Oh really, so you've basically created a law that only applies when you say so. That's not how science works.
what doesn't work for science isn't necessarily incorrect..metaphysics cannot be subjected to scientific methods and yet science doesn't provlaim that metaphysics is wrong
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:05am On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
We know that energy cannot be destroyed by modern means and that's a fact. So what is backing this claim up? Because no matter how convinced you are on a topic, it doesn't change whether it's right or wrong. That said, nobody is going to base calculations on a personal hunch or some arbitrary law that for some reason a creator is eternal.

Unless of course the person resorts to pseudoscience which to be honest, hasn't gotten anybody anywhere.

1. The Bible

2. Infinite regression

3. Logic

4. Science

5. Life

There are many unexplained phenomena in science . And science CAN NEVER have ALL the answers to life's questions . That's why there is philosophy too
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 11:16am On Dec 21, 2015
BETATRON:
what doesn't work for science isn't necessarily incorrect..metaphysics cannot be subjected to scientific methods and yet science doesn't provlaim that metaphysics is wrong
If I tell you sh!t rainbows can you prove me wrong? If you bring up an open-ended concept how can I disprove it? You're supposed to bring evidence, evidence that doesn't suspiciously resemble natural process. Like, let God regrow an amputated limb. That's very difficult to fake.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

1. The Bible

2. Infinite regression

3. Logic

4. Science

5. Life

There are many unexplained phenomena in science . And science CAN NEVER have ALL the answers to life's questions . That's why there is philosophy too

Yet. Phenomena that science hasn't explained yet. But most of the time, you'll see that unexplained events only remain so because of lack of data to work, or maybe people just don't care. I don't see the use of philosophy and metaphysics except making people sound intelligent.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:24am On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
Yet. Phenomena that science hasn't explained yet. But most of the time, you'll see that unexplained events only remain so because of lack of data to work, or maybe people just don't care. I don't see the use of philosophy and metaphysics except making people sound intelligent.

"Philosophy is dead " - Stephen Hawking

Because someone is smart does not mean he cant say stu.pid things

Giving excuses already ? Humans KNOW VERY LITTLE of our vast universe . Its hard a pill to swallow but you have to accept that most explanations are just intelligent assumptions . Or were the scientists there to know what actually happened ?

Only a witness of creation of our universe can tell us how it was done - allegorically , metaphorically (figuratively) or literally
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by BETATRON(m): 11:24am On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
If I tell you sh!t rainbows can you prove me wrong? If you bring up an open-ended concept how can I disprove it? You're supposed to bring evidence, evidence that doesn't suspiciously resemble natural process. Like, let God regrow an amputated limb. That's very difficult to fake.
lol..I thought you are a person of logic now I see you are being more of materialistic than logical
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
BETATRON:
lol..I thought you are a person of logic now I see you are being more of materialistic than logical
Materialism and logic aren't mutually exclusive. You can tell me I'm materialistic and I'll tell you that I haven't seen any reason to think otherwise.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

"Philosophy is dead " - Stephen Hawking

Because someone is smart does not mean he cant say stu.pid things

Giving excuses already ? Humans KNOW VERY LITTLE of our vast universe . Its hard a pill to swallow but you have to accept that most explanations are just intelligent assumptions . Or were the scientists there to know what actually happened ?

Only a witness of creation of our universe can tell us how it was done - allegorically , metaphorically (figuratively) or literally
What are you going on about? One example of a good assumption is nobody has actually been to earth's core to know it's made of iron. Scientists just know the planet's density and the fact that we have a magnetic field and assumed we had an iron core. But see, if we had been wrong, then our calculation of earth's mass and therefore it's gravitational constant would have been off. If it had been off, then all those satellites orbiting the earth would have either crashed right back or drifted away.

My point is that all the 'hypotheses' fit together nicely with what we observe later because our calculations are correct.

EDIT: Plural of 'hypothesis' is 'hypotheses'
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
What are you going on about? One example of a good assumption is nobody has actually been to earth's core to know it's made of iron. Scientists just know the planet's density and the fact that we have a magnetic field and assumed we had an iron core. But see, if we had been wrong, then our calculation of earth's mass and therefore it's gravitational constant would have been off. If it had been off, then all those satellites orbiting the earth would have either crashed right back or drifted away.

My point is that all the 'hypotheses' fit together nicely with what we observe later because our calculations are correct.

EDIT: Plural of 'hypothesis' is 'hypotheses'

Yeah .... the theories that get modified were also calculated initially and were assumed to be true . More findings will reveal more truth .

Here's a good joke

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Yeah .... the theories that get modified were also calculated initially and were assumed to be true . More findings will reveal more truth .

Here's a good joke
That's when things don't add up. But they do.

As for the joke,
5/10. Almost funny.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
That's when things don't add up. But they do.

As for the joke,
5/10. Almost funny.

In a false crime scene , everything does . Someone can set up another like he committed suicide . Same with scientific theories , it makes sense to say a single cell gave rise to a complex conscious being like you , having the propensity to reproduce , think , reason after a long time . Both of know its not possible
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by BETATRON(m): 1:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
Materialism and logic aren't mutually exclusive. You can tell me I'm materialistic and I'll tell you that I haven't seen any reason to think otherwise.
ok..now let see how far materialism takes you...a lot of concept you believe in haven't been seen by you..for instance d pressure within the human body that balances that outside--pascal..

Two the essence of electricity isn't know likewise the essence of gravity isn't only their effect is felt

Just as we are the effects of God's handiwork..we cannot see Him but feel His presence everywhere in the universe which is filled with precise and beuwiful calculations
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
BETATRON:
ok..now let see how far materialism takes you...a lot of concept you believe in haven't been seen by you..for instance d pressure within the human body that balances that outside--pascal..

Two the essence of electricity isn't know likewise the essence of gravity isn't only their effect is felt

Just as we are the effects of God's handiwork..we cannot see Him but feel His presence everywhere in the universe which is filled with precise and beuwiful calculations
This again is untrue. Gravity and pressure can be observed, measured and predicted. Every material experiences gravity and pressure equally. Gravity and pressure have applications. For gravity, as I mentioned earlier, orbiting satellites. As for pressure, people use it all the time in engines, vacuum cleaners etc. We need gravity and pressure to exist in the universe.

On the other hand, God can't be observed, we can't see his/her (for lack of a gender neutral pronoun) effects. God has no application in the world. We don't need God for anything for anything.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

In a false crime scene , everything does . Someone can set up another like he committed suicide . Same with scientific theories , it makes sense to say a single cell gave rise to a complex conscious being like you , having the propensity to reproduce , think , reason after a long time . Both of know its not possible
Obviously, both of us don't 'know' anything. I know that it's possible because unicellular organisms mutate and change rather quickly. Let me ask just to be sure though, do you believe that bacteria can grow resistant to antibiotics?

In your crime scene analogy, are you trying to say that God laid all the evidence that we're seeing? Like for evolution and carbon dating and stuff? Because if you are, then this argument has come to a stalemate. That will just be like the popular Pastafarian joke that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is changing all the carbon dating readings with the Noodly Appendage.'

EDIT: grammar.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:
Obviously, both of us don't 'know' anything. I know that it's possible because unicellular organisms mutate and change rather quickly. Let me ask just to be sure though, do you believe that bacteria can grow resistant to antibiotics?

There is micro evolution not macro evolution - everyone knows that

In your crime scene analogy are you trying to say that God is laid all the evidence that we're seeing? Like for evolution and carbon dating and stuff?

If there is an ultimate 'proof' God exists that will make all humans accept then bye bye to science and every other field of study that tries to unravel the 'mystery' of the universe . There is a purpose creation of humans by God - intelligent free moral agents He will reveal Himself to .

Till rapture - the ultimate proof - science , philosophy will keep striving to answer man's questions . Your unbelief is actually in fulfillment of the scripture - "... the love of many shall wax cold ... "
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There is micro evolution not macro evolution - everyone knows that

These term are one and the same. See, these changes that you call 'microevolution' are the same changes that over time become 'macro', dude that's just like saying that you know that 2 plus 2 equals 4 but 4 plus 4 doesn't equal 8.

Creationists believe try to compartmentalize evolution when they're just talking about the same thing. If a tap leaks for long enough, won't it flood your house?

KingEbukasBlog:

If there is an ultimate 'proof' God exists that will make all humans accept then bye bye to science and every other field of study that tries to unravel the 'mystery' of the universe . There is a purpose creation of humans by God - intelligent free moral agents He will reveal Himself to .

Till rapture - the ultimate proof - science , philosophy will keep striving to answer man's questions . Your unbelief is actually in fulfillment of the scripture - "... the love of many shall wax cold ... "

Scripture, scripture, scripture. Now that you've brought the bible into this please explain why this passage, Matthew 24:20-34 wasn't fulfilled?
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:

These term are one and the same. See, these changes that you call 'microevolution' are the same changes that over time become 'macro', dude that's just like saying that you know that 2 plus 2 equals 4 but 4 plus 4 doesn't equal 8.

Creationists believe try to compartmentalize evolution when they're just talking about the same thing. If a tap leaks for long enough, won't it flood your house?

Lmao .

There is a limit to evolution . It stops at micro . Macro evolution remains an assumption . Not observed , not tested . A single cell containing enough information for HUMANS TO EVOLVE ? Nigga please ! cheesy

Scripture, scripture, scripture. Now that you've brought the bible into this please explain why this passage, Matthew 24:20-34 wasn't fulfilled?

Sigh . Im not going to argue about this same scripture again . Believe what you want to believe
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao .

There is a limit to evolution . It stops at micro . Macro evolution remains an assumption . Not observed , not tested . A single cell containing enough information for HUMANS TO EVOLVE ? Nigga please ! cheesy

What's the limit? When does it stop?

Also that question of yours is quite absurd. Every cell contains your genetic information. So what are you even asking?

KingEbukasBlog:

Sigh . Im not going to argue about this same scripture again . Believe what you want to believe

I understand your decision gloss over something you've never successfully explained.

Ok, let me ask this, why was there an inhabited land called Nod when Cain killed Abel? I thought there were literally 3 people on earth at that time.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
CoolUsername:

What's the limit? When does it stop?

Also that question of yours is quite absurd. Every cell contains your genetic information. So what are you even asking?

A single cell is believed to be the ancestor to all life forms on earth . Here read : http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/100513-science-evolution-darwin-single-ancestor/

I understand your decision gloss over something you've never successfully explained.

No the same question has been asked over and over again . In summary , Im bored .

Ok, let me ask this, why was there an inhabited land called Nod when Cain killed Abel? I thought there were literally 3 people on earth at that time.

Adam and Eve had other children alongside Cain and Abel . The bible paid attention to Cain and Abel just because of the murder event. These people lived for a long time . So its safe to assume that life kicked off in earnest after creation .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 / Hell Exists Because God Loves You / Lady Welcomes Baby 16 Years After Wedding After Pastor Iginla Prayed For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.