Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. (17109 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you an earthling at all ?

Social Media Networks are all under CS . The brain behind the internet you use is under computer science . OS in laptops and smartphones are under CS . The apps , programs , websites are all CS . Automation in commercial industries will be the order of the day in years to come . We hope your job won't be taken grin

Not to talk of AI & robots - a replica of natural intelligence but man made .

You are no where bro .

Ayy, easy, just kidding, just kidding.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol ... Dalaman would turn a blind eye to this grin . He claims he is so sure that God did not create the universe

The God of the bible and Allah of the Koran for example did not create the universe because these are man made entities. After all we have how the God of the bible said he created the universe, a mythical creation account you as a person have refused to accept. What then are you talking about?
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
dalaman:

The God of the bible and Allah of the Koran for example did not create the universe because these are man made entities. After all we have how the God of the bible said he created the universe, a mythical creation account you as a person have refused to accept. What then are you talking about?

Bible :1 + 1 = 2

Me : 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 2

Dalaman : You as a person have refused to accept it

Me : undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by winner01(m): 11:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
donnffd:

You know bro, I ddnt want to answer you but your ignorance is pitiful, if someone doesn't believe in your Hebrew text then he is close minded?
You'd wish i made such claim.
My point; think outside the box
Your interpretation; Your headache
donnffd:

I am certain that for someone to be an atheist, he or she must have read science books,philosophical books,biographies,autobiographies of great thinkers of the past,
You are certain undecided Once again this shows how close minded you are.
You speak for all with certainty, how intelligent.
Well it will interest you to know that most atheists (on this forum at least) are, simply because of one emotional quake or the other. Its why they bring up the argument on "why bad things happen to good people" when freshly engaged, Its why they call God all sort of names. Do your research.
And how sure are you that most christians havent even read vastly than self acclaimd atheists?
The only difference is that we recognize and can filter out crap.
Stop trying so hard, atheism is not synonymous to science.

"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence." - Carl Sagan

donnffd:

A christian reads the bible and he believes he knows all the secrets of the universe and noone should challenge him unless they are closed minded...

Smh...Merry xmas
The Bible stands tall always even throughout all the years science thought it had it right and the Bible got it wrong before more findings confirmed the scriptures.

Ill leave you with these quotes by Bernard Ramm.

“Jews preserved it as no other manuscript has ever been preserved. With their massora they kept tabs on every letter, syllable, word and paragraph. They had special classes of men within their culture whose sole duty was to preserve and transmit these documents with practically perfect fidelity–scribes, lawyers, massorettes.”

“In regard to the New Testament, there are about 13,000 manuscripts, complete and incomplete, in Greek and other languages, that have survived from antiquity.”

“A thousand times over, the death knell of the Bible has been sounded, the funeral procession formed, the inscription cut on the tombstone, and committal read. But somehow the corpse never stays put.”

“No other book has been so chopped, knifed, sifted, scrutinized, and vilified. What book on philosophy or religion or psychology or belles lettres of classical or modern times has been subject to such a mass attack as the Bible? With such venom and skepticism? With such thoroughness and erudition? Upon every chapter, line and tenet?”

“ The Bible is still loved by millions, read by millions, and studied by millions.”

Merry christmas.grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by winner01(m): 11:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol ... Dalaman would turn a blind eye to this grin . He claims he is so sure that God did not create the universe
I think he has compelling evidence that God does not exist, but for some reason cant show anyone. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:15am On Dec 22, 2015
winner01:
I think he has compelling evidence that God does not exist, but for some reason cant show anyone. grin

He keeps repeating his mythical creation mumbo jumbo .

Ugh ! So boring

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 12:27am On Dec 22, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Bible :1 + 1 = 2

Me : 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 2

Dalaman : You as a person have refused to accept it

Me : undecided

You know this is a lie. You have always given your own opinion and stated that why you feel is actually what the bible is supposed to say with regards to creation. Why is it that you have refused to explain away the story about the crucifixion of Jesus on the cross but chose to explain away and reinterpret the story of creation? The fact that you chose to explain away the story of creation and not the crucifixion story says it all.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 12:28am On Dec 22, 2015
winner01:

Do you have any God apart from those that wrote the bible? Your God are the dead people that wrote the bible.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:32am On Dec 22, 2015
dalaman:

You know this is a lie. You have always given your own opinion and stated that why you feel is actually what the bible is supposed to say with regards to creation. Why is it that you have refused to explain away the story about the crucifixion of Jesus on the cross but chose to explain away and reinterpret the story of creation? The fact that you chose to explain away the story of creation and not the crucifixion story says it all.

I should also explain away David and Goliath story , Jacob and his battle with an Angel story , Noah and the Ark story etc .

Like we christians haven't been elucidating biblical stories - breaking the shackles of misconceptions that enslaved your minds

1 Like

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:33am On Dec 22, 2015
dalaman:

Do you have any God apart from those that wrote the bible? Your God are the dead people that wrote the bible.

Void needs to confirm if its true .
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by vooks: 4:21am On Dec 22, 2015
CoolUsername:
I'm an engineering student.

I'm copping out 'cause I'm tired.

He's the one who's afraid of me, dude. He's the one who abandoned our last debate when I called out for calling a fact a lie.
You would do well to lie intelligently.
Am surprised that engineering students possess such faint logical skills. Pray for Nigeria grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by vooks: 4:24am On Dec 22, 2015
dalaman:

Once you get past the fact that chance can't produce a Subaru, I'd gladly walk you through the rest.

Creation is the alphabet of Christianity. How can you compose paragraphs without alphabets

1 Like

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 7:12am On Dec 22, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I should also explain away David and Goliath story , Jacob and his battle with an Angel story , Noah and the Ark story etc .

Like we christians haven't been elucidating biblical stories - breaking the shackles of misconceptions that enslaved your minds

And you all have had one single explaination for all the biblical stories? Just the other day we discussed a topic and two christians came up with two very different explanations of the same story. Take the young earth creationists and the old earth creationist that all use the bible don't they? Take the Noah's flood too, some say it's an allegory, others say it's a local flood and many insist it's a global flood. When you are done breaking your mind that has been enslaved with ancient Jewish and Roman mythology and fiction you can let me know.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 7:15am On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Once you get past the fact that chance can't produce a Subaru, I'd gladly walk you through the rest.

Creation is the alphabet of Christianity. How can you compose paragraphs without alphabets

Did your God create the Subaru? The Subaru is the direct application of scientific principles. I have stopped taking you guys seriously. Christians will tell that God created the universe and all there is within it. When you point to the creation account written inside the bible they will tell you it's an allegory or find a way to explain it away. You refuse to accept how tour God said he created the universe but still have the audacity to talk about creation. You guys are very slow.

1 Like

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by vooks: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2015
dalaman:

Did your God create the Subaru? The Subaru is the direct application of scientific principles. I have stopped taking you guys seriously. Christians will tell that God created the universe and all there is within it. When you point to the creation account written inside the bible they will tell you it's an allegory or find a way to explain it away. You refuse to accept how tour God said he created the universe but still have the audacity to talk about creation. You guys are very slow.

M0ron,
What is the probability of this Subaru materializing naturally?
What about the 'simplest' life for. Which is infinitesimally more complex and ordered than the Subaru?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 7:35am On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

M0ron,
What is the probability of this Subaru materializing naturally?
What about the 'simplest' life for. Which is infinitesimally more complex and ordered than the Subaru?

All what you are saying is that your ignorance is your God. Until you provide evidence to show that this imaginary God of yours exist on it's own, I will never take you seriously. So this imaginary God of yours that is much more complex than the Subaru and all life forms just existed naturally on its own, right? Why are you too slow my friend?
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by vooks: 8:01am On Dec 22, 2015
dalaman:

All what you are saying is that your ignorance is your God. Until you provide evidence to show that this imaginary God of yours exist on it's own, I will never take you seriously. So this imaginary God of yours that is much more complex than the Subaru and all life forms just existed naturally on its own, right? Why are you too slow my friend?

M0ron^2
Like I always teach you, human beings don't possess full knowledge but whatever they possess is sufficient to dispense with asinine claims such as abiogenesis just as easily as they would dismiss naturalistic processes generating a Subaru. 1 billion years of science would never make natural random processes responsible for a Subaru and much more the bacteria/virus.

This in turn means you can't appeal to ignorance/knowledge-gap to wish away Origins. 1+1=2. A trillion years later of tons of innovation and technology and knowledge and still 1+1=2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2015
dalaman:
When you are done breaking your mind that has been enslaved with ancient Jewish and Roman mythology and fiction you can let me know.

You have no proof that the bible is mythology . Everyone in the bible are historical figures . You can bury your head under a stone if you want cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by neocortex: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2015
ayoku777:
While his explanation might not be a definite proof of God, I get what he is trying to say.

The universe is the fabric of all things physical existence. The universe consists of space, time, matter and energy. It is the enclave of physical reality.

So if the universe has a beginning (according to the NASA diagram), it automatically means that there is another existence outside the physical existence (universe)

It means that there is something outside the universe (space, time, matter and energy); that pre-existed the universe (space, time, matter and energy); that created the universe (space, time, matter and energy); and controls the universe (space, time, matter and energy).

Something that pre-existed time, and doesn't dwell in time, but that created time and controls time. Same thing for space, matter and energy.

It means something exists out there outside physical reality. Something exists outside our universe (our space, time, matter and energy) where there should be "nothing". And that "nothing" is active and powerful enough to create the universe with its space, time, matter and energy.

It other words, outside the universe, outside our fabric of reality is an active, powerful and creative "nothing"

There is no scientific explanation for this other than the biblical definition of Elohim (God).

Its thought provoking actually, for those who need scientific objectivity to believe in God, or a God. But I don't even need scientific objectivity to believe in God.

Shalom.

Are there "things" that exist before the universe ?

Even if we are to believe that the universe has a beginning , there is nothing beyond
speculation to suggest that the "creator" himself does not have a beginning which create an
"infinite creators" problem.

It is wrong and out of place to try and "prove" the existence of a supposedly extra-logical creator using logic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by neocortex: 10:37am On Dec 22, 2015
winner01:
You'd wish i made such claim.
My point; think outside the box
Your interpretation; Your headache
You are certain undecided Once again this shows how close minded you are.
You speak for all with certainty, how intelligent.
Well it will interest you to know that most atheists (on this forum at least) are, simply because of one emotional quake or the other. Its why they bring up the argument on "why bad things happen to good people" when freshly engaged, Its why they call God all sort of names. Do your research.
And how sure are you that most christians havent even read vastly than self acclaimd atheists?
The only difference is that we recognize and can filter out crap.
Stop trying so hard, atheism is not synonymous to science.

"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence." - Carl Sagan

The Bible stands tall always even throughout all the years science thought it had it right and the Bible got it wrong before more findings confirmed the scriptures.

Ill leave you with these quotes by Bernard Ramm.

“Jews preserved it as no other manuscript has ever been preserved. With their massora they kept tabs on every letter, syllable, word and paragraph. They had special classes of men within their culture whose sole duty was to preserve and transmit these documents with practically perfect fidelity–scribes, lawyers, massorettes.”

“In regard to the New Testament, there are about 13,000 manuscripts, complete and incomplete, in Greek and other languages, that have survived from antiquity.”

“A thousand times over, the death knell of the Bible has been sounded, the funeral procession formed, the inscription cut on the tombstone, and committal read. But somehow the corpse never stays put.”

“No other book has been so chopped, knifed, sifted, scrutinized, and vilified. What book on philosophy or religion or psychology or belles lettres of classical or modern times has been subject to such a mass attack as the Bible? With such venom and skepticism? With such thoroughness and erudition? Upon every chapter, line and tenet?”

“ The Bible is still loved by millions, read by millions, and studied by millions.”

Merry christmas.grin

Unforunately , all your quotes were hogwash but you chose
to accept them on faith.
It is a fact that no original pre-jesus bible manuscript exist,
so much for preservation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 10:44am On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

You would do well to lie intelligently.
Am surprised that engineering students possess such faint logical skills. Pray for Nigeria grin
I've told only the truth here dude, no lies added, no twisting of words, no saying 'that's just metaphorical', or any of that crap.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by neocortex: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Are you not concerned that your god intentionally hid information about how he created the universe ?

Here is your conundrum :
A stone fell from the sky,

You: Someone must have dropped it, oh
I know that person, he is the alpha and omega
the jewish ancestors talked about. He is the most powerful.

Can you review your logic and tell us how you bridged the gap between
a falling stone and a jewish god?

As to "chance" producing a Subaru, that is a misplaced analogy since subaru
is not the first of its type,
a more apt question will have been if chance can produce a wooden tyre.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by vooks: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2015
CoolUsername:
I've told only the truth here dude, no lies added, no twisting of words, no saying 'that's just metaphorical', or any of that crap.

When and where did I show mercy on your puny brains which you mistook for scampering?

1 Like

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by neocortex: 10:50am On Dec 22, 2015
winner01:
Thats your lame excuse, the existence of thousands of other gods. undecided
You miss, thats a silly excuse to disregard the existence of the Supreme.

Try other excuses.

What is your excuse for regarding the "Supreme god" ?

Should we just accept it because you said so ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by vooks: 10:52am On Dec 22, 2015
neocortex:

Are you not concerned that your god intentionally hid information about how he created the universe ?
Hid?

Here is your conundrum :
A stone fell from the sky,

You: Someone must have dropped it, oh
I know that person, he is the alpha and omega
the jewish ancestors talked about. He is the most powerful.

Can you review your logic and tell us how you bridged the gap between
a falling stone and a jewish god?

No sir, a more intelligent analogy is, the Subaru fell from heaven. Who sent it up in the first place?

As to "chance" producing a Subaru, that is a misplaced analogy since subaru
is not the first of its type,
a more apt question will have been if chance can produce a wooden tyre.
The Subaru simply screams DESIGN and order. Natural random processes are logically and physically incapable of producing such .

1 Like

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:55am On Dec 22, 2015
neocortex:

Are there "things" that exist before the universe ?

Even if we are to believe that the universe has a beginning , there is nothing beyond
speculation to suggest that the "creator" himself does not have a beginning which create an
"infinite creators" problem.

It is wrong and out of place to try and "prove" the existence of a supposedly extra-logical creator using logic.

God is eternal
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by CoolUsername: 10:57am On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

When and where did I show mercy on your puny brains which you mistook for scampering?
Gayjesus' 'how brainwashing works' thread. I sincerely understand why you don't remember. It's a common defense mechanism to bury traumatic memories.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by winner01(m): 11:17am On Dec 22, 2015
neocortex:

Unforunately , all your quotes were hogwash but you chose
to accept them on faith.
It is a fact that no original pre-jesus bible manuscript exist,
so much for preservation.
The quotes are very accurate and you know it.

@ bolded, funny, you guys will say anything to clear your conscience.
Buh why even battle with your conscience?undecided
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by winner01(m): 11:20am On Dec 22, 2015
neocortex:

What is your excuse for regarding the "Supreme god" ?

Should we just accept it because you said so ?
No, accept it cos its the unchanging Truth. angry

1 Like

Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 11:48am On Dec 22, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You have no proof that the bible is mythology . Everyone in the bible are historical figures . You can bury your head under a stone if you want cheesy grin

As usual you always have noting meaningful to say.
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

M0ron^2
Like I always teach you, human beings don't possess full knowledge but whatever they possess is sufficient to dispense with asinine claims such as abiogenesis just as easily as they would dismiss naturalistic processes generating a Subaru. 1 billion years of science would never make natural random processes responsible for a Subaru and much more the bacteria/virus.

This in turn means you can't appeal to ignorance/knowledge-gap to wish away Origins. 1+1=2. A trillion years later of tons of innovation and technology and knowledge and still 1+1=2

Can you quote me on anything regarding abiogenesis or random chance anywhere?
Re: Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. by dalaman: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2015
winner01:
No, accept it cos its the unchanging Truth. angry

unchanging truth that you can not even describe? You guys claim your God speaks to you, please can you describe his voice for us? So that we know it isn't things you make up in your head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Churches Raise Prayer Warriors Against Ebola Virus / Hell Exists Because God Loves You / Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.