Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. (12644 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Busts Hubby In Secret Wedding (Photo) / He Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Wife / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by pet4ril(f): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
angry its very bad...... I thought she is supposed to be one with the hubby not the father or, maybe the man does not worth it sha
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by HaneefahRN(f): 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yomieluv:
How do you handle a wife who connived with her father to buy a land without the consent of the hubby.
I don't blive couples shld hide such from themselves, but sometimes men cause it, she might av noticed the man's body language. Some men behave as if they don't want any gud for their wives. I knw a woman who told her husband abt her plans on the land she inherited from her father and the husband withdrew all the financial support for her and partly for her children.
I know a woman whose husband kept frustrating her whnever she contributes to the building of their house, bt the man kept telling her he doesn't send her cos her contributing to the building doesn't make it hers, so she simply bought a land, built her house and invited the man to see it afterwards. Or men who av series of lands and build houses wtout the wife's knowledge. Many cases like tht.
The couple shld av a review of the marriage, there is somethn wrong somewhere. The communication link btw the couple is faulty or she doesn't trust her husband

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:
Very very very wrong.

I won't accept that from my wife. Reason being that my partner whom I'm yet to take to the altar could not embark on a similar project without seeking my consent and my permission.

Even if the husband is as poor as a church rat, he still deserves that principal respect.

Some of the questions I would like to ask her include:

1. What's the land for? is it a gift to her dad?
2. How will you react if I get a car for my mother without your consent?
3. Who proposed the idea of getting a land? Wife or Father?

Her response would guide me on the next step to take.

Yor fiancee would have to get your consent and permission to buy land?? shocked. Real 1 chance

9 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by babygirlfl: 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
I always discuss ( not take his consent or
permission) with my hubby when I want to embark on such a huge project. I think it's the right thing to do in MY case.

We have heard of women who heard about their husbands property from someone else. To such women, I support you in buying one without his knowledge. You are just a good wife following the good example of the head of the family.

We have heard of women whose husband built in his name alone. To such women I say build one in your name alone.

Are people actually surprised that these things are happening in marriages? As long as the number of years of marriage is more important than the quality of marriage in Nigeria, we will keep seeing single married people.

11 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
eyinjuege:

Discussing with your spouse sounds better than obtaining consent from your spouse to do something positive for your own life.

Yeah, she ought to have discussed with hubby to let him know her plans, but who knows if their marriage isn't as sweet as they would have others believe.

True
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mindfulness:

@bold

What is the difference between 'spousal separation' and divorce?

Divorce is an example of spousal separation (a legal form).

Death is another form of spousal separation.

1 Like

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Pidggin(f): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
tpiar:
So?

What should we do about it?

Or why are you having the heebie jeebies? Was it your father's property she bought?
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yomieluv:
How do you handle a wife who connived with her father to buy a land without the consent of the hubby.

Why don't you ask the husband what he did wrong?
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Naavah(f): 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
olashas:
Op, you don't know the situation of things in your friend's home so you can't jump to conclusions. Maybe she does not trust her husband anymore. Maybe he is irresponsible.

I know someone who sent his wife away because she bought a plot of land and built on it. Funny enough, she told him about it before she bought the land. He regrets his decision now
Brilliant reply ma'am. I can see too many careless replies.

1 Like

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 9:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
fem29:

Yor fiancee would have to get your consent and permission to buy land?? shocked. Real 1 chance

In my family, you don't run a project and hide it from your spouse and children or refuse to seek their opinions.

I've long left my parents' home but I still have their ATM pin numbers for all accounts. The relationship is cordial and I hope to maintain the status quo.

I guess the word "permission" sounds too strict, but its not as stringent as it sounds in that context. It simply means, my fiancee seeks my opinion on vital issues regarding investment, management, etc..

She won't call me whether to eat eba or semo for dinner, but she'd ask if its wise to buy a plot of land in Mowe. The intention is not to fix my name on the land documents (It is her land), rather to seek the opinion of someone she sees as a mentor, a friend and a companion.

7 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

Divorce is an example of spousal separation (a legal form).

Death is another form of spousal separation.

Whether you divorce your wife or separate from her, without going through the process of divorce, the end result is the same, is it not?
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

In my family, you don't run a project and hide it from your spouse and children or refuse to seek their opinions.

I've long left my parents' home but I still have their ATM pin numbers for all accounts. The relationship is cordial and I hope to maintain the status quo.

I guess the word "permission" sounds too strict, but its not as stringent as it sounds in that context. It simply means, my fiancee seeks my opinion on vital issues regarding investment, management, etc..

She won't call me whether to eat eba or semo for dinner, but she'd ask if its wise to buy a plot of land in Mowe. The intention is not to fix my name on the land documents (It is her land), rather to seek the opinion of someone she sees as a mentor, a friend and a companion.

Yes you are right, permission was too stringent a word. The fact is that although your explanation sounds much more reasonable and sane , the fact is that you said she must seek your permission AND consent.

Please remove this kind of thinking if you want to have a happy and fulfilled marriage. Enter into marriage without the thought that your wife is below you. Yes it would be nice, in an ideal world of your wife to discuss with you openly and if she doesn't, you need to ask yourself and her why she doesn't feel comfortable discussing it with you

2 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

If the purchase of a land property does not crop up in any of the discussions between husband and wife, then there must be an underlying issues in the relationship - of which the withholding of vital information is one of (possibly) many symptoms.

I agree with you that it is much better to share such information in a marriage. However, our advice is not always needed. At times it is enough to rejoice in our spouses's eagerness regarding something that s(he) is sure is the right decision to do.

I think that it is important to understand the difference between someone asking for advice and someone sharing information for other reasons so that we do not come off as patronizing and therefore disrespectful.

2 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
fem29:

Yes you are right, permission was too stringent a word. The fact is that although your explanation sounds much more reasonable and sane , the fact is that you said she must seek your permission AND consent.

Please remove this kind of thinking if yo want to have a happy and fulfilled marriage. Enter into marriage without the thought that your wife is below you. Yes it would be nice, in an ideal world of your wife to discuss with you openly and if she doesn't, you need to ask yourself and her why she doesn't feel comfortable discussing it with you

Actually, the ideal of seeking opinion is a mutual thing. On many occasions, I have equally sought her opinion.
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mindfulness:

Whether you divorce your wife or separate from her, without going through the process of divorce, the end result is the same, is it not?

The end result is not the same.

Marrying a woman who has not been legally separated from her husband is suicidal and risky.

You've not only committed a huge sin against your creator, you've equally snatched another man's wife.
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

Actually, the ideal of seeking opinion is a mutual thing. On many occasions, I have equally sought her opinion.

If this is the true then that is great, please keep it up. Opinion and advice is different to permission grin

Marriage should as much as possible be a partnership. Not a dictatorship. Especially if you are marrying nowadays, us modern women don't plat dat shite grin. I understand that sometimes the husband as the head has to have the final say, but you must always carry your wife along and make sure that all decisions you make are for the good of the family

1 Like

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

The end result is not the same.

Marrying a woman who has not been legally separated from her husband is suicidal and risky.

You've not only committed a huge sin against your creator, you've equally snatched another man's wife.

I thought the husband separated from her (=left) because she made a purchase without telling him.

1 Like

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
fem29:

If this is the true then that is great, please keep it up. Opinion and advice is different to permission grin

Marriage should as much as possible be a partnership. Not a dictatorship. Especially if you are marrying nowadays, us modern women don't plat dat shite grin. I understand that sometimes the husband as the head has to have the final say, but you must always carry your wife along and make sure that all decisions you make are for the good of the family

Exactly grin That's the beauty of partnership
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mindfulness:

I thought the husband separated from her (=left) because she made a purchase without telling him.

Yes the husband can 'leave', while hoping that the wife will come back for reconciliation.
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

Yes the husband can 'leave', while hoping that the wife will come back for reconciliation.

So the husband left to reconcile later? grin

1 Like

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mindfulness:

So the husband left to reconcile later? grin

Yes, a good wife will call her husband for reconciliation. She has a choice between a happy home or a sad one.
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
Acidosis:

Yes, a good wife who is still interested in the marriage will call her husband for reconciliation. She has a choice [s]between a happy home or a sad one.[/s]

A few corrections. wink

3 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mindfulness:

A few corrections. wink

smh
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by tpiar: 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yomieluv:
I am a rapid dog.

Abeg I swerve.
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by cococandy(f): 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
babygirlfl:
I always discuss ( not take his consent permission) with my hubby when I want to embark on such a huge project. I think it's the right thing to do in MY case.

We have heard of women who heard about their husbands property from someone else. To such women, I support you in buying one without his knowledge. You are just a good wife following the good example of the head of the family.

We have heard of women whose husband built in his name alone. To such women I say build one in your name alone.

Are people actually surprised that these things are happening in marriages? As long as the number of years of marriage is more important than the quality of marriage in Nigeria, we will keep seeing single married people.

exactly.
Wisdom is profitable to direct.

Like husband like wife.

2 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by JustHere2Observ(f): 3:02am On Dec 16, 2015
Acidosis:
Very very very wrong.

I won't accept that from my wife. Reason being that my partner whom I'm yet to take to the altar could not embark on a similar project without seeking my consent and my permission.

Even if the husband is as poor as a church rat, he still deserves that principal respect.

Some of the questions I would like to ask her include:

1. What's the land for? is it a gift to her dad?
2. How will you react if I get a car for my mother without your consent?
3. Who proposed the idea of getting a land? Wife or Father?

Her response would guide me on the next step to take.

Izzit ya money? Church rat hubby no get right abeg.

1 Like

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Onegai(f): 3:30am On Dec 16, 2015
babygirlfl:
I always discuss ( not take his consent permission) with my hubby when I want to embark on such a huge project. I think it's the right thing to do in MY case.

For this comment, you are entitled to one chilled Gulder, with a plate of chicken suya. Also go to the nearest fabric store and collect one lace on my account.

4 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by temi4fash(m): 6:39am On Dec 16, 2015
To me, it depends on the dynamics of the marriage. No two marriages are the same but any marriage in which one or both parties are not looking for ways to better each other lifes is not marriage in the first place. It is staying together.

If these ever happens in what I believe to be called marriage, I believe they're not married, they are just room mates.

Looking at situation critically, you should begin to ask questions, if he is still interested in the marriage he should probably sit her down and ask questions cos if he does not the marriage would never remain the same..

Let me tag men from the men's thread

TV01
Pickbeau1
Netotse
NashvileTN
Bellong

The host of others...
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by PresVA: 7:50am On Dec 16, 2015
My marriage can never degenerate to hiding stuffs as crucial as this from my spouse. .
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 16, 2015
As Acidosis said, there are marriages and there are "divorcees living together"

If either of you can buy land/property without telling the other partner, then to me they are just living as room mates

What happened to companionship, bonding, mentorship, advise, support etc? Arent 2 heads supposed to be better than one?

In this case the fact that the father is involved in this conspiracy is just too bad. Would he be happy if his wife did the same?

I also question why the woman did that . . .is the man irresponsible? and she is just protecting herself and her children? Sometimes men push women to do things they wouldn't normally have done. You cant sow beans and reap yam.

Its wrong IMO. We are talking about property here and not a pair of shoes.

4 Likes

Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2015
JustHere2Observ:

sad sad
Re: She Bought Land Without The Knowledge Of The Hubby. by Acidosis(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2015
JustHere2Observ:

sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are You Gifting Yourself This Christmas? / Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.