Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court (7978 Views)

Agbaje’s Response To Fashola’s Tax Indictment / Certificate Controversy: Abuja Lawyer Drags Buhari To Court / Biafra Drags Nigeria To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court by ifele(m): 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2009
The truth is that Nigerians, even the most nationalistic of them are ignorant of the law. If the law gives yu rights

and you are ignorant of the law how will you defend your rights? How many of you have yu read or held in your

hands the Nigerian Criminal Code or Constitution? Ignorance is a powerful weapon.
Re: Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2009
must_a_far:

they should all pay taxes on what need to be taxed. SHIKENA! all this turenchi I too much.

I suspect many of them already pay the taxes they need to pay. I grew up knowing a babalawo/imam who tried to make it a duty to pay up his taxes to avoid having the silly tax people come around to ask him for bribe. I also know the pastor of a small church not too far from our home did the same back then on his income. He was my dad's business partner  back those years.

All in all I believe this is more a case where people do not understand the law and what taxes they need to pay or not pay. Plus there are those who feel the law is there to help them get at those who they have issues with.
Re: Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court by Jakumo(m): 3:01am On Jun 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I suspect many of them already pay the taxes they need to pay.

That's funny. Well I suspect those miracle pastors need to pay bushel basketfulls more taxes, in the name of JEEEEESUS !

Furthermore, I suspect that after all suspicions are put to rest, and all the pointless cyclic logic has run its course,  those pastors will be FORCED to pay up, BIG TIME. or leave Lagos State to look for greener pastures where the tax-man is still asleep.

Re: Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court by Tudor3(m): 9:08am On Jun 10, 2009
So these criminal pastors have refused to play. . . ADEBOYE and co. PAY YOUR DAMN TAX!
Re: Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court by nuraabi: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2009
stop paying tithes and they will get themselve honest jobs and as citizens pay taxes to government and hopefully government will use the money for roads and electricity
Re: Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court by kiyosaki1(m): 6:26pm On Jun 15, 2009
Fellow house member thank the Lord jesus for this thread,finally we the masses of the mega churches in Nigeria now found our voice:

the story goes thus;

While i was in one of the universities here in Nigeria i was a church worker in one of the mega churches and could you believe that out of the small allowance that my widow mum give me monthly substantial amount goes into the building of one of the foremost private university own by us the member then (that is what those tricksters made us to believe) but now own by the founder of the church which he single handed built without borrowing a dime from the bank.I'm not sure whether any of my children will attend the school due to the high fees being charged.well i rest my case in the hand of God, He will definitely[b][color=#000099][/color][/b] judge
Re: Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2009
kiyosaki1:

Fellow house member thank the Lord jesus for this thread,finally we the masses of the mega churches in Nigeria now found our voice:

the story goes thus;

While i was in one of the universities here in Nigeria i was a church worker in one of the mega churches and could you believe that out of the small allowance that my widow mum give me monthly substantial amount goes into the building of one of the foremost private university own by us the member then (that is what those tricksters made us to believe) but now own by the founder of the church which he single handed built without borrowing a dime from the bank.I'm not sure whether any of my children will attend the school due to the high fees being charged.well i rest my case in the hand of God, He will definitely[b][color=#000099][/color][/b] judge

What is the school fees for the school and if you feel so much the way you do, you surely could arrange a meeting with the founder and tell him say he 419 u
Re: Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Jun 16, 2009
kiyosaki1:

the story goes thus;

Dude, No one, not even God FORCED you to give money to the church so you can come back to WHINE on here. I am sorry, I am for people giving their money as they choose but when those same people come back to WHINE, I have serious issues with such silliness. Na by FORCE to give money to ANY CHURCH? SERIOUSLY!! Did they have a GUN to your head? I mean common sense would tell you that if you give your money AWAY, don’t expect much in return. However, if you want to gain from your money, make sure you SIGN A FREAKING AGREEMENT that guarantees you will benefit from whatever your money is INVESTED IN. IF you don't, please shut up about it!!

No need to come on here to play victim when no one ever FORCED you to give away your hard earned money to some church in promise for nothing.
Re: Tax: Lagos Pastors Go To Court by Jakumo(m): 5:44am On Jun 16, 2009
Pastor Eunuch, pay your taxes in the name of JEEEEEESUS !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Isale Gangan Urban Regeneration Residential Dev / Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar / Ambode Vows To Complete Lagos-badagry Expressway Expansion By 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.