Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? (2160 Views)

Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / Gift this Car to your Single Friends(See Photo) / Man Prostrates To His Fiancee's Mum After Marriage Proposal (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Naijasinglegirl: 6:13am On Dec 16, 2015
I wish I knew a better way to rephrase this question. You have seen many married people slowly cut ties with their single friends. Is it just natural that they instantly cease to have things in common or is it a society expectation? It is common among ladies. Some friends even cut ties with their friends once they have a boyfriend! Common b o y f r i e n d !!!

Some won’t even invite their single friends to their weddings or when they do, the single ones are made to wear a different type of asoebi as though they are wild animals that the wedding guests should be cautious of. (proof is attached on the url below)

I wouldn’t be asking if I haven’t been a victim. A friend of mine got engaged 7 months ago and I was busy turning up and down for her. Her wedding is this coming Saturday and I noticed last night that she’s no longer on my BBM. I feel I don’t deserve it cos I respect people’s space a lot. No matter how close we were before you got hitched, I would respect your privacy once you start a family. I have never ever gone to the house of a married friend on my own volition and I am also quick to turn down invites once I sense that you are inviting me because you feel obligated to. Phone calls or chats once in a blue moon will do for me but there are still friends that will avoid any form of communication with you but run for advice from you as a single person that knows nothing when things get a bit rocky in their marriages. Some even go as far as looking for married friends pen pals on blogs and social networks like they didn’t make their bed.

Since this is now the in-thing, my new motto is,”Cut the engaged ones off before they cut you!

http://naijasinglegirl.com/why-do-people-abandon-their-single-friends-after-marriage/
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:16am On Dec 16, 2015
It's the gist..

Married and Single women are not on the same gist level.
Most times the married women would want to hook their single friends so they can get married too and 'upgrade' their gist.

Men really don't care for the most part. We can play PS4 and drink Beer with anyone.
PS4 and Beer doesn't care about your Marital status.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by amtaken(f): 6:21am On Dec 16, 2015
Hmnnnn.

It depends on the lifestyle you all lived while she was still single with you....

If she considers you a bit too crazy or untrustworthy or if you are extremely pretty and shapely (especially when you look better than she does) she might be advised by relatives not to bring you to her home.

Or if you all lived a very bad life and she feels you might expose her to her hubby one day, she may avoid you.

Don't worry ba'e. You will get married someday too.

Na only am sabi find husband?
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by ProfSamurai(m): 6:21am On Dec 16, 2015
I don't know why.

But, birds of a feather flock together.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Thanos(m): 6:29am On Dec 16, 2015
undecided
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Mjshexy(f): 6:53am On Dec 16, 2015
Maybe she doesn't want u to snatch her man grin. On a serious note i think it depends on your personality & the ladies are good at cutting off their girlfriends after marriage but trust the guys, we ain't letting our friends out of our sight.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by DebbyChris(f): 6:56am On Dec 16, 2015
Level don change na
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by kolacost: 7:01am On Dec 16, 2015
This "thingy' is common with the ladies. Maybe dem dey fear say Single girls would snatch there husband. Well it's a warning that u should go search for your own. Naija girls can be careful when it comes to relationship. Dem no wan go back village. Lool #okbye
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 16, 2015
Levels
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2015
Mjshexy:
Maybe she doesn't want u to snatch her man grin. On a serious note i think it depends on your personality & the ladies are good at cutting off their girlfriends after marriage but trust the guys, we ain't letting our friends out of our sight.
yeah. So on point. That's why I like guy's way of life. Simple and mature.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Smartsyn(m): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2015
To be frank, i don't know for now, but I will get married next year, cut my single friends, then come and tell you why i did it..
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Mjshexy(f): 7:32am On Dec 16, 2015
Abbykem:
yeah. So on point. That's why I like guy's way of life. Simple and mature.
Yeah because it's a small world & we know we will one way or the other need each other's help some day cheesy
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by emperorchedda(m): 7:40am On Dec 16, 2015
Insecurity says it all

After they've joined their friends in stomping lekki, painting Abuja red, riding that rich white man in a threes0me, banging chief for 100k, why won't they be scared when she's around knowing the kinda attribute her friend possesses and how karma might befall them
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by iceberylin(m): 7:43am On Dec 16, 2015
Nigerians easily Get jealous...

Maybe they avoiding the trait..
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by firstking01(m): 7:51am On Dec 16, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
I wish I knew a better way to rephrase this question. You have seen many married people slowly cut ties with their single friends. Is it just natural that they instantly cease to have things in common or is it a society expectation? It is common among ladies. Some friends even cut ties with their friends once they have a boyfriend! Common b o y f r i e n d !!!

Some won’t even invite their single friends to their weddings or when they do, the single ones are made to wear a different type of asoebi as though they are wild animals that the wedding guests should be cautious of. (proof is attached on the url below)

I wouldn’t be asking if I haven’t been a victim. A friend of mine got engaged 7 months ago and I was busy turning up and down for her. Her wedding is this coming Saturday and I noticed last night that she’s no longer on my BBM. I feel I don’t deserve it cos I respect people’s space a lot. No matter how close we were before you got hitched, I would respect your privacy once you start a family. I have never ever gone to the house of a married friend on my own volition and I am also quick to turn down invites once I sense that you are inviting me because you feel obligated to. Phone calls or chats once in a blue moon will do for me but there are still friends that will avoid any form of communication with you but run for advice from you as a single person that knows nothing when things get a bit rocky in their marriages. Some even go as far as looking for married friends pen pals on blogs and social networks like they didn’t make their bed.

Since this is now the in-thing, my new motto is,”Cut the engaged ones off before they cut you!

http://naijasinglegirl.com/why-do-people-abandon-their-single-friends-after-marriage/
dis tin is synonymous and common amongst d female circle....cos gals dnt trust demselvessad
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by firstking01(m): 7:54am On Dec 16, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:

dis tin is synonymous and common amongst d female circle....cos gals dnt trust demselvessad...and for d records...we have dedicated bfs,,,,gals wit focus know one wen dey meet one, so, dey wnt dare allow their wolfering frnds to come near himsad...so, diaris nothing like comon bf, cos we the bfs have brandscheesy
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by emperorchedda(m): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2015
DebbyChris:
Level don change na
Levels?? When marriage become upgrade abeg?? A man in your life doesn't guarantee you happiness or success!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Naijasinglegirl: 8:04am On Dec 16, 2015
Some will cut u off, bad personality or not.
Mjshexy:

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
It's the gist..

Married and Single women are not on the same gist level.
Most times the married women would want to hook their single friends so they can get married too and 'upgrade' their gist.
On Point.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Naijasinglegirl: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2015
lol
emperorchedda:
Insecurity says it all

After they've joined their friends in stomping lekki, painting Abuja red, riding that rich white man in a threes0me, banging chief for 100k, why won't they be scared when she's around knowing the kinda attribute her friend possess and how karma might befall them
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Naijasinglegirl: 8:06am On Dec 16, 2015
Guys hardly do that.
Smartsyn:
To be frank, i don't know for now, but I will get married next year, cut my single friends, then come and tell you why i did it..
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 16, 2015
From my experience,

It is no big deal at first at when the single friend is yet to be married at 30, 40......the best thing is to cut her off or reduce the time you spend together. They become frustrated and totally irrational.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 16, 2015
We africans have this mentality that singles might/can/will corrupt or brainwash you when you keep them as friend after marriage.

My bestie got married early this year, anytym we on phone I couldn't help but boast of how many pvssys I gonked during the weekend. So you don't expect a married man to keep friends with such single like me, else you go leave wifey for house follow me dey gonk pvssys. Likewise ladies
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by missKiffy(f): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2015
I dont think this is really true, but maybe some of them do so cos they feel single friends might corrupt their marriage
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 16, 2015
I had a friend back then who actually pretended to be a friend but went behind me to sleep with my ex boyfriends or toasters! Once she knows a guy is asking me out she goes to sleep with him and tells me months later. I know she had serious self esteem issues then,it was a demonic spirit following her! That spirit of wanting to take what belongs to me,i didn't cut her off permanently but was extremely careful with her. An unlucky guy married her last month,she didn't invite me for the wedding,i didn't even know about this guy,i just saw pics on facebook. Maybe she was thinking I would expose her but naaaaah i'm way too matured in reasoning. So my dear,its either you married tfriends know u would spill their dirty little secret, or u were not so good to them the first place
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by DharmyYinks: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2015
Stuffs like this only happens to Females with "Insecurity Issues". It doesnt happen to all ladies but its common among ladies.

My Sister's frnds is an exception. Dey wer besties bfor her frnd got married n dey re still in good terms. My Sister goes to her matrimonial home atimes to help her with d baby n der is no fighting or misunderstanding goin on. Even d baby now refers to her as Small mummy.

I think it all boils down to how u present ursefs and d relationship u female folks had bfor either of u got married.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by DharmyYinks: 10:41am On Dec 16, 2015
Why does it always ve to be d female folks?

Same thing is common when a female gains admission to an institution. She cuts of ties with her frnds who re yet to be admitted.

Now they ve taken it to marriage.

Two Causes: Pride & Feeling Classy
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by queenfav(f): 10:57am On Dec 16, 2015
Things like this make me happy I don't do female friends.I have a couple of them o,but its just on small talk basis.My real friends I can tell anything are guys.Girls from time immemorial have always been pros at exhibiting senseless attitudes.So,there's no chance for any married girl to beef me,because I have perfected the art of sticking to my closely knit circle of male friends.They are very encouraging,realistic and can walk a mile for me.I have encountered girl friends who hid their introduction,pregnancy and even marriage from me..Its funny sha,because those things are not a big deal to me.I have come to see it as normal "fish brain style behaviour,exhibited by people void of rational thinking".That's why its much better for me kepping guys as my close friends,because there are no issues of jealousy,funny attitudes and other cra.p.Although,my male besties are all in committed relationships,so there is no issue of him catching feelings and wanting to leave the "bestie zone".

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by misspicy(f): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2015
coz we are no longer on the same page,ideas and opinions wouldn't tally,we don't share the same timetable anymore,a married woman has a home to cater for no time for outings,hosting,dilly dally or even constant social media communication

etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Koolmak(m): 11:03am On Dec 16, 2015
Jesu gbami, Tolu tife marry, he go come fashi me....*singing Olu Maintains Wifey*
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by cruzita(f): 11:10am On Dec 16, 2015
some do it to make u feel unlucky and for u to chase after them or look IP to dem since dey are married and u are not

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by superior1: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2015
Birds of a feather should flow together.

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Mysterious Reasons Men Always Touch Their Man-hood In Public / OMG!!! Even Trees,is This Natural...18+ / Is There A Conspiracy Theory Against Black Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.