Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road (81383 Views)

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shites Members To Clear The Road / The Moment When Burutai Was Begging Shiites For Way And When He Crush Them / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by jamoscofield(m): 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
gists:

That is not an excuse for the soldier to shoot unarmed civilians!!
Damn what are we in this country!!
I completely condemn the people for their stup!d acts but it does not justify shooting unarmed civilians.
Would you be happy for the army to shoot people blocking the road because of burial ceremony?
Granted they were silly to block the road but is that why you should wipe them off?

can u just reason like a man. stop reasoning like a toddler.. you said UNARMED civilians!!. Those machetes, Bow and arrows, Knives stones and sticks nko?? watin dat one be??

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by olawonder(m): 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
cowgirl9090:
Why not use rubber bullets and tear gas on them. Shame on the military. Nigeria still has a very long way to go undecided.

Rubber bullet ke, in Naija? As soon as a shot's fired b4 anybody finds out say na just rubber bullets, heads go don dey roll! Or u thing bow and arrow, or machete no dey kill?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by JewelRegi(f): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
kITATITA:
The Nigerian youth is displaying primitive attitude in all strata. How can you confront armed soldiers with machetes, catapults, bows and arrows.

na the first question I ask that o
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by remexy(f): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
And the COAS was 'pose to twidle his thumbs while these guys detract from the appointment he had. Na so. And the soldiers should have waited for the popo until dey were ambushed. U clearly have no love 1s or family in the military. Or u think when 1 joins the military it means they sud just lay down their lifes and allow just any death to be fall them. [
Check the contitution chapter 4 section 33 quote author=sparkwil post=41060139]

Sensible analysis
This video does not justify the actions of the military rather it further exposes the ineptitude of the army. Those guys didn't pose a threat that the police can't handle.[/quote]
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by magicfingers009: 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
yayankainuwa:
what the Shiites did was a clear case of public disorder, but despite the military's attempt to solve the situation, gun shots are not the solution, the army should have called on Mobile policemen to disperse the rioters, I think the military failed to chew their personal ego, and stepped across the boundary of professionalism.
You are talking nonsense. They should call MOPOLs because its civil indiscipline? Didn't you see the part where the Military were begging these lunatics to let them pass? Govt Road o! Not their father's house and you are spitting this trash?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by umar745(m): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
Onyocha:

Sounds very smart but false.

Last year, three of zakzakys sons and thirty of his followers were killed by the same army. Why didn't he retaliate? Instead if retaliation, Zakzaky went to court and asked the government to bring the perpetrators to justice.yet, the government turned a deaf ear.

Also what happens to "innocent until proven guilty"? Do you kill people on suspicion of retaliation? So killing people in a worship center and in a house is good?

LOL! I like how you said smart but false. As if you have anything other than second hand information to make your assumption.
There are covert and clandestine operations, and innocent until proven guilty is for those who make it to court.

Question: if you were Shia, would you return to a Shia congregation after the army dispersed you or would you find a place to lay low till things cool down?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by WaffenSS(m): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
yayankainuwa:
what the Shiites did was a clear case of public disorder, but despite the military's attempt to solve the situation, gun shots are not the solution, the army should have called on Mobile policemen to disperse the rioters, I think the military failed to chew their personal ego, and stepped across the boundary of professionalism.

The police themselves are equally armed, and I don't think they'd do a better job. Maybe even worse. If the army can't disperse these guys I wonder how the police could.

This wasn't a crowd ready to disperse. This was a crowd braying for war.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by macminista(m): 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
skidskid:

even abroad protesters get fired with "rubber" bullets and tear gas ONLY if they are throwing stones and water ..
once they start throwing Molotov cocktails and discharging fire then live ammunition is used on them.

abroad if a police man tells u to drop a gun ... and u keep it in ur hand after he tells u two more times and u ignore hm he had the right to shoot u in d head. you can't brandish a weapon at a law enforcement officer.
these illiterates now upgraded to brandishing their mid range local pistol @ army men . lmao .
...What is your point?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by ajayiopy: 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
I was attacked along bauchi jos road 2011, I witnessed how a Muslim Nigeria army was killed all because he was trying to make peace. I will like to say that the military has not done anything wrong here because most of these guys are diabolical and can kill if army didn't take action on time. Don't forget that we are still battling with bokoharam. The iranian president should concentrate on his country not Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by femu(m): 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
omoharry:
you are nothing but a blind fanatic muslim who will never be objective with this kind of situation at hand..you are defending this nuisance becos you are one of them...so if they had murdered one of our soldiers in the process of should thier islamic war song you would say they are defending thier religious rite...this is total nonsense..Northern Nigeria is at war...do you hear that Its is at war and the Army should be our friend becos they are defending the unity of this country.
Those shiit have no rite wht so ever to block the road and demostrate violent tendencies when soldies were tryin to even plead with them..I saw some with cultlass , sticks etc..insisting the soldies must not pass and are already shouting allah kubah or what ever they call it...this is madness at its hight and i am amazed that you did not see anything wrong in what they did than to blind your brain with your religion to defend them...is this how to serve God!!?...you guys are nothing but FANATICS that are a burden and threat to the world.

Sorry to disappoint you am an Orthodox Christian.

Am so sorry you think this way.

What went wrong with your perception of life?

As Christians are we taught to mock God's creations, are we taught to celebrate violent death?

If you were to represent the Army would this be your shallow defence before a court or arbitration panel?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by remexy(f): 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
olawonder:

Did Dasuki tell you he also bought rubber bullets? Abi did u buy rubber bullets for the soldiers and why will d soldiers protecting the COAS in the north, carry rubber bullets!! This is real life, not an action movie

Rubber bullet ke, in Naija? As soon as a shot's fired b4 anybody finds out say na just rubber bullets, heads go don dey roll! Or u thing bow and arrow, or machete no dey kill?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by specimenC: 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
crosbreaka:
[b]i have watched the video released showing army officers asking Shites to clear the road. It is obvious that the Shiite followers of Zakzaky mistrust the army because of last year's tragic incident under the Jonathan administration, when three of Zakzaky's sons were killed and thirty members of his Islamic Movement in Nigeria.

Undoubtedly, the army can claim anything after watching this video. Both sides could have avoided this incident by letting go their ego. The Shiites brought death upon themselves by blocking the road and confronting soldiers who don't value civilian life and play by democratic rules. This was suicidal in my view on the side of the Shiites.The Zakzaky followers provoked the soldiers going by this video. We however don't know what the soldiers mission was on that road and if the sect members felt threatened or thought the soldiers were on their way going to kill their leaders so they blocked the road and insisted not to clear. There is need for more details especially that the video is cut at one point.
[b][/b]
However, let us go by the narration and video we have at hand. The soldiers have "protected" themselves, refused to turn back and cleared the way and have killed those blocking the road.at this point, it is still a road blocking clash and things have happened.

What is left to be understood is after the soldiers have cleared the way, why did they proceed to the Hussainiyyah and shot at sight and destroy the Islamic center? Why did they also go ahead to destroy the sheikh's house and shoot him and his family members? After the road blocking incident, the soldiers continued on the rampage on three different locations synonymous with the Islamic movement in Nigeria, far away from the road blocking incident location. More or less, it was revenge attacks and "lesson teaching" mission by soldiers. The Zakzaky followers were too overzealous and bold to confront the army and they are wrong to display stones, machetes and sticks in front of armed soldiers. That incident has passed. Why did the soldiers continue the attacks and extra judicial killings? I expect them to exercise restraint. And even if the sheikh was to be cautioned, the police or other ways should have been employed to caution him or even arrest him in a democratic dispensation.

So clearly, the video explains the trigger and the mistrust and misunderstanding that happened and both sides lost it and the movement members more or less committed suicide.

After the road block wahala had ended, the soldiers totally lost it and took law into their hands and went on revenge attacks and extra judicial killings. Things are not done like that in democracy. There is police and rule of law.

That is my opinion and you may agree or disagree. What is on ground is pitiful. Hundreds have been killed and properties destroyed. Many homes have been wounded.

May the dead RIP!

We hope justice will prevail and impunity will not continue. Had Jonathan done the needed last year when three of the sheikh's sons were killed along thirty others, a lasting solution could have been found to end the problem of road blocks and mistrust. There is need for confidence building measures and trust with the Islamic Movement in Nigeria to be put in place by the government to reassure everyone that no one is target simply for their beliefs or what they practice and then look for ways of cooperation and understanding to avoid any future mistrust or tragedy.[/b]

Bros we know, because according to the video the COAS Pleaded in the name of Allah that they should be allowed to just pass, and even assured them of their safety..
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by zeongeon: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
sapientia:

You have not heard that its the only route

You have heard that the NA were doing POP

You did not watch the video to see the diplomacy

So if COAS have intel that there will be likely civilian blockade.. He will give trained soldiers rubber bullets

Then you will be the first to come here and shout it was a set up to kill the soldiers
That's why I said crowd dispersing consumables... read my post well...people didn't have to die.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Adeevah(m): 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
OgundeleT:
that means the NA are lying when they said the shite's want to attack them before they kill them.
You must be a dullard or a jumbull...didn't you watch the video to see the extent of which they begged them to clear the road...#go2bed
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by zeongeon: 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Timbuktou:

Your own Intel is substandard. Army to be looking for intel of a religious sect on a federal road? Nigeria is finished. Are the shiites a terror group, then the army shouldn't avoid them. if their just a religious group, then they should willingly subject themselves to the laws of the land, and especially not aggressively confront the army.
In safety there is not like substandard information when managing risk..The Shiites had a procession which could be an avenue for a terror attack cause of the crowd..At time even before embarking on a journey as such Intel is needed regardless. You manage risk depending on what work is done (journey),and where it is done (the north which at this point has security crisis)

The military is suppose to know of a procession before hand..even anticipated the event that is why you have risk analysis which can be done quantitatively or qualitatively.

A competent person is one who has the ability to identify existing hazards and predict hazards so as to eliminate or put controls to reduce the risk of such hazards.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Adeevah(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
jamoscofield:

can u just reason like a man. stop reasoning like a toddler.. you said UNARMED civilians!!. Those machetes, Bow and arrows, Knives stones and sticks nko?? watin dat one be??
He is thinking thru the back of his fingers
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by LastProphet: 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

when a British soldier was hacked to death in front of a barracks did the British govt order a slaughter of muslims?

continue to justify the brutal actions of security forces, when you or someone close to you have a personal encounter with them you will know better.

remember this same forces can be unleashed against anyone or any group. rule of law is what guarantees our individual right

RULE OF LAW TO BLOCK A HIGHWAY FOR YOUR RELIGIOUS ACTIVITY? DID YOU LISTEN TO YOURSELF?

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by nellyelitz(m): 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
but i still say, the world would be safer without this religion.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by RealSleek(m): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
But come to think of it o, why are they always shouting Allahu akbar when kasala wan burst??.....because in our church we only shout Halleluyah when we want to praise God and when we are happy
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by femu(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
LastProphet:

RULE OF LAW TO BLOCK A HIGHWAY FOR YOUR RELIGIOUS ACTIVITY? DID YOU LISTEN TO YOURSELF?

Question is if you were to represent the army at an arbitration what will be your defence?

How do you intend to avoid compensation?
The army is already going to spend 10bn in 2016 to pay compensation for Odi and zaki-biam.

Backup your arguments with the law not emotion and sentiments
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by omoharry(f): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
hmmm
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by lagabush(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:
Civil disobedience can be handled by the police or mopol not army slaughtering people.
you must be crazy with that statement.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

You are missing the point, this act of recklessness isn't restricted to the army.
It can be found in all Nigerian, military, police and paramilitary agencies.

as a soldier can you honestly say your constituency as treated you fairly?

Do you have a worthy life or disability insurance package ?

how many army former head of state allowed their children join the army?

stop supporting injustice and barbaric acts.

we are now in 2016 and the civilised world are laughing at us.

I hope you are planning for your retirement, a time you won't be able to order people around.
I hope you will be able to adjust to civil life then
all humans have that tendency to be reckless, ur level of discipline will make u exhibit such recklessness.

i know lots of retired generals who allowed their kids join, or even got married to some.
They are laughing at us the same way we laugh at them. I dont order people around cos im not uncivilized. Been a civilian is the greatest sin>
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by MARKone(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
RealSleek:
But come to think of it o, why are they always shouting Allahu akbar when kasala wan burst??.....because in our church we only shout Halleluyah when we want to praise God and when we are happy

grin

I tell you those guys are so deeply blinded by their religion. Extremists have turned that word 'Allahu Akbar' into an explosive sentence, like Allahu Akbar!! Next thing u hear is [size=15pt]BOOM!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by jamace(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
OgundeleT:
that means the NA are lying when they said the shite's want to attack them before they kill them.
So those weapons and sticks they are carrying are used to prophesy blessings, abi? Take your time o. angry
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by mahyowah(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
For those who don't understand Hausa...I will run a summary of what was spoken.The Shiites insisted that their procession was on going and that nobody had a right of way.The COAS said he wasn't aware and that he should be allowed to pass.The Shiites as you can see,wield matchets and sickles and sticks further buttress that not even the presidency will be allowed passage.They complain about similar killings and the COAS assures them that he's chief and nothing will happen to them.Some deviant ones started shouting they would rather die than allow passage to the COAS,even some Shiites are begging their members to just allow the COAS pass...but the voice of reason took flight.Obedience clearly is better than sacrifice.
thanks for the explanation.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by sapientia(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
zeongeon:
That's why I said crowd dispersing consumables... read my post well...people didn't have to die.

They are tasked to protect the highest ranking Army Officer who weeks before have been attacked..

They dont disperse crowds..

And i didnt see a crowd.. I saw threats to human life chanting war songs brandishing weapons that can kill

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by mahyowah(m): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
OgundeleT:
you certainly & obviously know not what you're saying. your grammar is an evidence. I don't think you've seen the video and if you have then your real sense of judgement is lost.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by specimenC: 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
Jacko1:
Look at all dose al majiri damn it.... Is dat life can they nt desire more in life ... Dirty n wieldin weapons fearless..... Caan they nt want to have technology see wah dey missin..... Hausa born throwaway walai givin birth anyhow to children dey cannot care for ..... See how deir ppl dat brought islam to dem r flexin..... Dey shld go to uae dubai qatar n knw dat dis fin dey livin aint life...

Did u have to be a bigot?, see your English construction oozing with so much senselessness.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Fourwinds: 4:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
OgundeleT:
do u know what u have just written...didnt u see some people holding sticks. if u beg someone to give way., and d person decide to raise a stick on ur head., what will u do. watch because stick is not gun. or defend urself with superior weapon like gun if u have it. reason
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by oluwasegun007(m): 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
Proudnigga:
nigeriavis far from Civilization. As at 1989 the young guy was ignored be it in the present day Nigeria, the guyvis a gunner undecided
Let's b sincere.... A guy is different from crowd.... I stopped blamming the military afta watching d video
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by omoharry(f): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

Sorry to disappoint you am an Orthodox Christian.

Am so sorry you think this way.

What went wrong with your perception of life?

As Christians are we taught to mock God's creations, are we taught to celebrate violent death?

If you were to represent the Army would this be your shallow defence before a court or arbitration panel?

so would rather they attack and our to kill army..while the do nothing..what would you have said if you heard that we lost one of our gallant soldiers..RIP would been your next word..why wont you talk like this...you are in a peaceful south , maybe you should relocate to the north and be close to them then i will start respecting you then whenever you counter my comment on this type of issue..death means nothing to them..why are u pained..people that blow theselm up just be thier thier religious good book..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abdulaziz Yari, The Most Useless Governor In Nigeria - Kadaria Ahmed / Alison Madueke Autobiography: ‘Riding The Storms With God In My Sails’ / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.