Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road (81386 Views)

Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shites Members To Clear The Road / The Moment When Burutai Was Begging Shiites For Way And When He Crush Them / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by oluwasegun007(m): 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
sapientia:

You have not heard that its the only route

You have heard that the NA were doing POP

You did not watch the video to see the diplomacy

So if COAS have intel that there will be likely civilian blockade.. He will give trained soldiers rubber bullets

Then you will be the first to come here and shout it was a set up to kill the soldiers

U talk well jor
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Fourwinds: 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:
Civil disobedience can be handled by the police or mopol not army slaughtering people.
hmmmm what a very low thinking...did d government send d army to handle d situation or was it by coincident d COAS was passing through dat place at dat very time of their procession. I believe u should sit down and reason carefully
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Wiseadams(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
cowgirl9090:
Why not use rubber bullets and tear gas on them. Shame on the military. Nigeria still has a very long way to go undecided.

You don't stand and comfort military with bow and other weapon his insult to them ok.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by oluwasegun007(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
jamace:
So those weapons and sticks they are carrying are used to prophesy blessings, abi? Take your time o. angry
No mind am......yeye talk
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by femu(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
omoharry:
so would rather they attack and our to kill army..while the do nothing..what would you have said if you heard that we lost one of our gallant soldiers..RIP would been your next word..why wont you talk like this...you are in a peaceful south , maybe you should relocate to the north and be close to them then i will start respecting you then whenever you counter my comment on this type of issue..death means nothing to them..why are u pained..people that blow theselm up just be thier thier religious good book..

Am pained because 100s of dysfunctional orphans have been unleashed into the society!

Am pained because government will still have to use tax payers money to compensate them.

Am pained because this is unlikely to stop their processions.

Am pained because this action will likely deny the military modern weapons from the US.

Am pained because we have achieved nothing with this killing.

Where is the economics behind the bullets and shells used to kill them. The army will have to restock. unnecessary cost

Governments are supposed to act strategically not on impulse, when will we Africans ever think long-term?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by oluwasegun007(m): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
Dis is unlike d army I used to no.....dem even stop to reason with them....

B4 d speed of d convoy alone will send dem to d bush....

Am sure if d COAS had turned back its Dis same ppl dat will label him as having religious sentiments towards Islam...

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by mozele(m): 5:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
cowgirl9090:
Why not use rubber bullets and tear gas on them. Shame on the military. Nigeria still has a very long way to go undecided.

you are getting it wrong Dear.

The rules of engagement of the police is totally different from that of the army.

For crying out loud, Nigerian Army are not civilians. They are trained to kill and as well gets provoked at sight of nuisance displayed by citizen or any individual not to even talk of daring the Commander-in-chief (the president) in the presence of his boys(COAS and co.)

let us not be sentimental over this kind of issues. Instead you look at it from the two sides.

God bless you, bless me and as well Bless Nigeria.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by gbengus17: 5:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
WITH THIS VIDEO, ONE CAN SEE THAT THE NIGERIA ARMY DID THE RIGHT THING. ====THEY DID THE RIGHT THING
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by judeodion(m): 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

My dear get your bias out here
Don't mind that guy... If it's Biafra they can use real bullets... I think the military man addressing the miscreants is been lenient because they are of same tribe. If it was another tribe...
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

During the subsidy protest, I remember some roads were blocked, during a pdp rally, roads are blocked even an owambe can sometimes get roads blocked.
If we are to kill everyone conducting themselves in a disorderly manner then no one would exist.
Those shiites did nothing that warranted the hails of bullet.

For cryingnout loud, , children were in their midst.
May God forgive the men behind the trigger cos they will reap the full consequences here on earth.

What buratai should have done is to keepnhis appointment for another day.
Turn around and let the police deal with it.

Whatch the video I attached and see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFzeNAHEhU

Please complete what happened in this video cause the army didn't start to shoot, at least you saw them negotiating same with this Chinese man so what happened next?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
For those who don't understand Hausa...I will run a summary of what was spoken.The Shiites insisted that their procession was on going and that nobody had a right of way.The COAS said he wasn't aware and that he should be allowed to pass.The Shiites as you can see,wield matchets and sickles and sticks further buttress that not even the presidency will be allowed passage.They complain about similar killings and the COAS assures them that he's chief and nothing will happen to them.Some deviant ones started shouting they would rather die than allow passage to the COAS,even some Shiites are begging their members to just allow the COAS pass...but the voice of reason took flight.Obedience clearly is better than sacrifice.
Thank God for the video. And some of their sympathizers said that the shites are peaceful and that the NA attacked them wt without a due cause. The COAS would have been moped n killed by those extremist with cutlass and arrows if his boys had not responded.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by gudluckgreat(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

During the subsidy protest, I remember some roads were blocked, during a pdp rally, roads are blocked even an owambe can sometimes get roads blocked.
If we are to kill everyone conducting themselves in a disorderly manner then no one would exist.

May God forgive the men behind the trigger cos they will reap the full consequences here on earth.

Stop reasoning from your anus.
Those shitters abi shittes were entirely wrong. Nowhere in the world does the army tolerate such nonsense.
Do you know what it means to challenge the COAS Of a country?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by specimenC: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
jaybee:

Bazazzagi, ok interpret the conversation in hausa to English.

Sai ka yi mana fassara a harshen turanci. Azzalumi Dan iska.

Chai, Amma baki kyauta ba

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by fayose4real(m): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
Lobeez:

This video sums it up for me.
I am amazed at how Nigerians in this 21st century would support the carnage by the NA.
there is nothing whatsoever in that video that justifies the killing of these civilians and even if we can justify that, what about the massacre that followed at the residence of the sect leader and the eventual destruction of the place?
For goodness sake, where in the world do you disperse an angry mob with live ammunition? and to think that so many are silent or even support this is just beyond me.

Look at the attached video I just quoted, this incident happened in China in the 80's just imagine a civilian standing in the way of a convoy of military tanks, also notice he even climbs on top of one of the tanks in defiance. this act would have been interpreted as an assassination attempt by our dear NA, in fact that man would have been gunned down instantly.

I give up man! I give up!!
that is why u are a fool, u want to compare d way to handle a single man standing infront of tank to a group of pple or crowd with cutlasess, bow & arrow blocking federal high way & insisting anybody wont be allowed to pass not even d president according to them, what sort of tin is that, some pple can be so stupid sha

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by AyoolaIgwe(m): 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hash86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jdCfSa8tg
A revealing video of how Nigerian Military begged Shiite group to open road.
I have watched dis video and I don't see how dis sect attacked d Chief of Army Staff. They ILLEGALLY BLOCKED the road but did NOT ATTACK...in fact d sect members from d above footage weren't ARMED WITH GUNS. So wot is d Nigerian Army saying? How come d video footage doesn't contain any scene suggesting an attack on d Army Chief or even his convoy?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by oweman: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=OgundeleT post=41048288]that means the NA are lying when they said the shite's want to attack them before they kill them.

The army PROunfortunately never said the people were armed or that they attacked the military when he was interviewed on VOA Hausa the very next morning , so this story can't be true it is what the law refer to as after thought !
Thye were simple terrified so they began to shoot . what Nigeria currently have is what is commonly. referee to as cassava soldiers it's unfortunate .
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by ollyruffy: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
After seeing this video, i must state that those shia people pushed things to the extreme.

That was lawlessness brewing.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by uyplus(m): 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

You are senseless. The coas should adjourn his appointment for another day for bunch of rag tags. Religion is opium.. You are a foolish bigot. I wish this country can divide, so the north can go, southwest too can go, south east too (biafra) and then the almighty Niger delta too.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Norajones(f): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2015
cowgirl9090:
cow
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Krak(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

This is a video of Tiananmen Square protest in China in 1989. I hope you know how it ended.

It ended in a massacre of thousands of protesters by the Chinese Army.

It does not support your argument in any way, infact it actually nullifies your argument and justifies the stance of the Nigerian Army.

According to that video the Chinese Army were reluctant to use force against protesters, until they actually had no choice which ultimately led to the killings of thousands.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Hassan080196(m): 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
Most dumb comment of the year. Or what do you think Nairalanders?
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by jayAjoku(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
OgundeleT:
that means the NA are lying when they said the shite's want to attack them before they kill them.
its either you blind or you got memory issues
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
cowgirl9090:
so Nigerian army should start using rubber bullet.......shhm
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by LastProphet: 6:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
femu:

Question is if you were to represent the army at an arbitration what will be your defence?

How do you intend to avoid compensation?
The army is already going to spend 10bn in 2016 to pay compensation for Odi and zaki-biam.

Backup your arguments with the law not emotion and sentiments

how many Christians and other religions have this same northern Muslim youths massacred in issues where they have no right just like this in the past? and nobody has compensated affected Christian families, pls answer within the law and not emotions
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by mazizitonene(m): 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
a whole army.....you get mind block there road in such hostile times/environment........many of them don lose their colleagues and friends to boko haram via ambush and co. and you expect them to be happy and smiling with you in the middle of war.........bullshiiii angry
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
fayose4real:
that is why u are a fool, u want to compare d way to handle a single man standing infront of tank to a group of pple or crowd with cutlasess, bow & arrow blocking federal high way & insisting anybody wont be allowed to pass not even d president according to them, what sort of tin is that, some pple can be so stupid sha

I think the greater fool is the one who thinks its okay for a country's military to massacre hundreds of its own citizens because of minor provocation.
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by jaybee(f): 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
olasheed:
This is Nigerian Army and not Nigeria Police Force. Rubber bullets and tear gas are not weapons for Army

GBAM !
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Proudnigga(m): 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
oluwasegun007:

Let's b sincere.... A guy is different from crowd.... I stopped blamming the military afta watching d video
well the military were patient but opened fire cos of the COAS but it doesn't change the fact that NA violets human rights considering the way the handle pro Biafra protesters with respect to the shitte Muslims
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by mistymoon: 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The soldiers are supposed to be battle ready and always ready to defend Nigeria territory.

No one know exactly how this started. But believe me, this soldiers would have firstly approached them even before tbis video was shot. Remember the pictures Ibnsultan released. The Army chief was with the protesting youth pleading for pass. The picture reveal some pleas were made and the protesters rejected the plea. This rises to soldiers forming wall. A look at the beginning of the video shows that the soldiers formed a wall protecting their convoy. This video is indeed showing second attempt by the soldiers to plea to the protesters.

The soldiers have done their best and are nowhere to be blame here. This protesters had on them weapons and are ready to attack. Think about it. If these gallant men were posted to defend you, will you be happy if some miscreants block your way and threatened you with stick, clubs, bow and arrow while your soldiers watch without doing anything. These nuisance even have cutlass with them. This is enough threat signal and enough reason for attack. The best form of defence is attack. I think they did a great job there

The video gives some clue on what transpired on that fateful day. Its only fair that we look at issues with an unbiased sentiments. If anyone who lives or have lived within the north during crisis will understand this is the typical attitude of 'miscreants' who go about killing and destroying harmless individuals under the pretext of defending religion. Can you imagine the fluidity of the scenario- here you have an Officer (who clearly is a Hausa man) pleading with people to allow them passage and at the same time you have these kids and teenagers in the background wielding cutlasses, sticks and clubs in a provocative manner. They clearly constituted an impending threat and consciously put themselves in harms way. You can also see that the Officer was trying to get in touch with someone on the phone. It was clear that on the civilian part, there was no any form of leadership. Unfortunately, I am sure at this point El-Zakzaky was probably at home without a knowledge of what was going on. If you understand Hausa language, you will hear the Officer telling the man in front of him that he will personally be in front of his troops if they allow them passage and promised that nothing will happen. Common guys, no sane society in the world (not even Iran) will allow this type of attitude from people who constitute themselves into a threat to the society. If they can do this to a millitary personnel what do you think they will do to civilians. Please don't misconstrue my view, I am not in anyway supportive of the army killings neither am I sympathetic with the attitude of the civilian group.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by AyoolaIgwe(m): 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hash86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jdCfSa8tg
A revealing video of how Nigerian Military begged Shiite group to open road.
I have watched d video. d sect didn't attack Brutai. They blocked d road ILLEGALLY. In military cum defence jargon, an ATTACK is not equal to OBSTRUCTING FREE MOVEMENT. In d video, there was no scene where d sect wielded GUNS except for sticks&few machetes. So how did d sect exchange gun fire with d army when they had no guns? If there was an exchange of fire, how come d Nigerian Army has no casualties?(not even one wounded soldier).
Re: Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shiites To Clear The Road by Prugee: 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
magicminister:

ur very stupid 4 saying dey should return anoda day becos of dose miscreants do u know how urgent his own assignment was how many roadblocks of anysort is as devilish and scary as dis people I live in d north this particular people are always forceful and trouble they got wat they deserve. Imagine them saying even if it was the president meaning they were hell bent on causing havoc .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Alison Madueke Autobiography: ‘Riding The Storms With God In My Sails’ / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.