Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! (64307 Views)

ABC Transport Boss, Frank Nneji Gifts Two Buses To His Employees / Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone / Heritage Bank Lays Off 400 Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by BABANGBALI: 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
na photoshop jo
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Guyman02: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:
the guy made closed to $5.9 billions (and triple his wealth in the same process) thanks to the hard work of his employees, so sparing $100Millions out of it to thank them is appropriate.

Raymond Dokpesi collected N2.5b from Dasuki but still owed his workers in Daar Communications six months salary and they had to protest in public.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by SimSify(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
Otedola, Dangote, Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Oba otedoku etc please hope you've taken note..please take note
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by ElSherriff: 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
Which oil and gas is he dealing on? the oil and gas firm I work for, all they do is sack, sack and sack again!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
AdaNri1:
That's very generous but it doesn't affect the poor Nigerians even praying for a bucket of rice this season.

The world is very brutal and tough. The poor will have to lift themselves out of poverty through ANY legal means possible.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by ybalogs(m): 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

Even with that, his generosity is massive. Not all bosses will go all out and give such huge amounts to their employees after recording a huge profit margin.

The average Nigerian boss will never do this embarassed
For where, Nigerian bosses always looking for ways to shortchange their staffs.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
Over the dead body of any nigerian boss to do something like this..see boss na..always thinking about the welfare of his/her staff..
.wish I was a staff there too.. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

Even with that, his generosity is massive. Not all bosses will go all out and give such huge amounts to their employees after recording a huge profit margin.

I quoted you just to highlight NEVER!!!

Even if the money de pour!! embarassed embarassed they won't dare to dash!!

3 Likes

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
SimSify:
Otedola, Dangote, Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Oba otedoku etc please hope you've taken note..please take note
taken note keep? ..All those guys think about is enslaving their staff..reason why when they get into the corridor of government they do same..cant you just take a look at our minimum wage..

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
AdaNri1:
That's very generous but it doesn't affect the poor Nigerians even praying for a bucket of rice this season.

receive sense IJN. lipsrsealed
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by linearity: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
AdaNri1:

Gee! must it affect Nigeria/Nigerians positively for it to be worthwhile? Have some empathy and rejoice with them...no wonders almost the whole world, does not care a sh!t about what happens in Nigeria/to Nigerians, because they are full of people like you, who does not care unless they have a stake in it.

So, lets start that change at home, begin to care about others and have some empathy, and maybe karma will repay that gesture back and improve your own neck of the woods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by nanbaljenas(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
spotlessderby:
=100,000*274 =27,400,000Naira. They shud beta ask for the source. Before u hear say na#DasukiGate flow reach there. #Justkidding. But that is awesome!
It was a great Gift. Givers Never lack, but Boss dollar is 199.52 Not 274
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nigerian bosses would rather hold on to their employees' salarie,allowance and pensions. He's a rare being-the real SANTACLAUS .
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by franklingud(m): 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
Wow!! shocked whooping some ass man!
Nawa oo!! Oyibo dey surprise me sometimes shaa.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

An average American boss won't do that either. The guy is just a great guy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by nairaman66(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:
the guy made closed to $5.9 billions (and triple his wealth in the same process) thanks to the hard work of his employees, so sparing $100Millions out of it to thank them is appropriate.

The guy spent more than $140M.. This is unreal! What generosity.., Lord bless me so I can do something like this!!

3 Likes

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
Kgdavid:

a cursory glance at those figures should have told you that 100, 000.00 by 1, 400 is 1.4 billion, a clean 25% of what you claim he made. Your point again??

nairaman66:

The guy spent more than $1billion.. This is unreal! What generosity.., Lord bless me so I can do something like this!!

NONSENSE!!!! obviously, mathematics were not your best asset in school..... $100K x 1400 employees thats $140Millions... aka a little under 3% of the money the owner profited

Guyman02:

Raymond Dokpesi collected N2.5b from Dasuki but still owed his workers in Daar Communications six months salary and they had to protest in public.

and your point is......
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2015
Guyman02:

Dokpesi is a typical Nigerian boss cum slave owner.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by moshino(m): 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

1. The employees are paid their salaries to work hard, just like any other employee of any other company anywhere, they were not doing the company a favor by working hard.

2. A gift of $100k is more than 'appropriate', it is huge and unprecedented generosity. He doesn't owe them that and didn't have to do it if it's not in the employees employment contract/agreement.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
Over the dead body of any nigerian boss to do something like this..see boss na..always thinking about the welfare of his/her staff..
.wish I was a staff there too.. embarassed

Hahaha. These guys have higher and nobler values than us. Most of them derive great joy for meeting the unwritten needs of their employees and customers; and they're ever conscious of the inputs of their employees.

BTW, why wished to be his employee when you could be like him? LOL! Brother, the world's waiting for our manifestations. It's in us all.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
even bfor,I open I knw say Na only abroad e go b,even to share bag of rice for Xmas for workers for naija b like say one big favour
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by pacino26(m): 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
Heaven will forever bless that man. My former MD is the typical Nigerian boss. He runs the coy alone and the staffs that started out with him barely live beyond mid-month. But he's bought a jet, last car that he bought was cleared with #28mil abd he has properties all over US and Europe.

Guess what he's downsizing now and cutting salaries. Imagine for this harsh economy.

I thank my God say I blow before I comot there in a guy man's way.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by manie(m): 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

Dokpesi will never do that, he chopped alone and he is dying alone. I hope his workers have been paid their october salary.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Franzinni: 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
Fantastic promo.... Why didn't I think of it first...yeah, I don't have billions.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by NaLaugh: 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

When the average Nigerian boss hasn't paid basic salaries in 6 months, where do "bonuses" come in? cheesy
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by authority2006(m): 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
Keneking:
Ok, our own oil tycoon are waiting to collect subsidy from PMB shocked
True true, they can never ever have enough.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Cavenchy(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hopefully they don't all leave the company to start theirs cos they have enough funds to be self employed now.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
moshino:

1. The employees are paid their salaries to work hard, just like any other employee of any other company anywhere, they were not doing the company a favor by working hard.

2. A gift of $100k is more than 'appropriate', it is huge and unprecedented generosity. He doesn't owe them that and didn't have to do it if it's not in the employees employment contract/agreement.

that boss had already REWARDED these same employees the previous years $35K each (or $50K down payment on a car), when the company did good. as any boss would know that if your employees are happy and believe in the company, then they will work better.
so such reward system helps the company in the long run.

your way of thinking is the reason why so many 9ja companies have no clue AND are filled with employees who dont give a damn about the boss nor the company itself.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
linearity:

Gee! must it affect Nigeria/Nigerians positively for it to be worthwhile? Have some empathy and rejoice with them...no wonders almost the whole world, does not care a sh!t about what happens in Nigeria/to Nigerians, because they are full of people like you, who does not care unless they have a stake in it.

So, lets start that change at home, begin to care about others and have some empathy, and maybe karma will repay that gesture back and improve your own neck of the woods.
my caring does not add or take away their money. I'm neither sad nor unhappy about it, as a matter of fact I just understand how they feel at this gift not that I feel anything negative towards them.
And I don't think it's wrong to also remember other Nigerians who may need a little visit from Santa this season.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by AdeniyiA(m): 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

self-centeredness ,materialism, inconsideracy....etc are in the blood...undecided
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Kgdavid(m): 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

NONSENSE!!!! obviously, mathematics were not your best asset in school..... $100K x 1400 employees thats $140Millions... aka a little under 3% of the money the owner profited

and your point is......

Sure you're right about the figure.

You're point (if you really have one) is still invalid, as the amount of money disbursed:

1. Brought immense joy to a number of lives.
2. Was done under no compulsion whatsoever.

Why must you find a negative angle to look at the whole thing from?

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by JustCurious: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
There are hearts of stones and, hearts of GOLD. 100,000 dollars x 1400 persons is a lot of money.
God Bless him!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.