Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! (64295 Views)

ABC Transport Boss, Frank Nneji Gifts Two Buses To His Employees / Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone / Heritage Bank Lays Off 400 Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by amdoyin82(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
Make Gabriel ogbechie do such for his employees too. He his a nice man though. Rainoil limited.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by manie(m): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

thats because you think like a miserable employee (no offence), and instead should think like the boss you aspire to be... if you think that giving an employee just a salary, will motivate him/her to give that extra push and/or to be loyal to your company year in and year out, then you best wake up immediately.
we can certainly understand that an employee like yourself would only do what you are paid to do, and never lift a finger more, since your hardwork/loyalty is only geared toward your financial independence. thats the hypocrisy in your miserable employee state of mind (no offence again), but we all know too damn well that if you knew that you could get a bonus of ₦10M or more at the end of the year, you'll work yourself to the bone, in order to ultimately get that financial independence you so dream of.

they DO get a piece of the pie, 3% of it to be precise... lol.
by "owning" part of the pie, you therefore mean that you expect the boss to be MORE "generous" (as you said) than to share 3% of the yearly profit with the employees?! lol, not everybody has what it takes to BE an entrepreneur, thats why all too many fail miserably in such venture.
but sadly, in 9ja EVERY single soul daydream of being their own boss, when they have absolutely no clue/talent/education/knowledge etc as to what it takes to starting a business and making ends meet, let alone be profitable.
You can always get your message across without insults or abusing anyone. The best ways the big boss can help his employees is by giving then the skill and attitude to be financially literate and investment savvy. I doubt if 95% of his employees can replicate what the company achieved if they are to start their own businesses. The entrepreneur is the visioner of the enterprise, risk bearer and coordinators of the various factors of production. Since the workers do not have the entreprenuerial drive and mindset of their boss, the best he can do is to equip them with the skill and attitude to be financially independent, financially literate, investment savvy and having the millionaire mindset. A lawyer in his mid 50s got a dividend of over N100 million in a company in 2014, while a top banker got close to N600 million dividend in 2013. Most employers will not want their employees to have the millionaire mindset, imagine if those guys are getting additional dividends of $500k rather than the $100k given to them by their boss. Their children can inherit the investment and dividends, but cannot inherit the 100k bonus or salary. The big boss has done well for his act of kindness and generosity, but can do better by equipping the employees with the skills, tools, attitudes and processes towards building a lasting and an enduring wealth.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Askseek(f): 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

Even with that, his generosity is massive. Not all bosses will go all out and give such huge amounts to their employees after recording a huge profit margin.

The average Nigerian boss will never do this embarassed

The average boss anywhere not just Nigerian
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Eddy2cute(m): 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hummm I know this kind of thing can only happen in God's own country like usa. Cuz here in naija the last place I worked self the stupid boss still dey owe me 2months salary till now. Pay the useless man nor gree pay. Well I don leave d money 4 him say na my sweat go ask am.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by ALAYORMII: 10:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:
the guy made closed to $5.9 billions (and triple his wealth in the same process) thanks to the hard work of his employees, so sparing $100Millions out of it to thank them is appropriate.

Bro, do ur calculations again.

You no get am

1381×100000=
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by omonnakoda: 10:39pm On Dec 16, 2015
ALAYORMII:

Bro, do ur calculations again.

You no get am

1381×100000=
Meaning what? In your eyes you are clever? If you have nothing to contribute renew the friendship between your lips. Settle any quarrel between them
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by nairaman66(m): 10:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

you went back to edit the GROSS mathematical error you made, and instead of thanking me for correcting you, you are here still writing nonsense...

Shut up and move on. Must you comment on every post that make you feel good? Obviously you knew it was an error, sure I was suppose to apologize, since it didn't came can't you move on? If you want an apology go get it from your pay master! Rubbish!!
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by nairaman66(m): 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
manie:
You can always get your message across without insults or abusing anyone. The best ways the big boss can help his employees is by giving then the skill and attitude to be financially literate and investment savvy. I doubt if 95% of his employees can replicate what the company achieved if they are to start their own businesses. The entrepreneur is the visioner of the enterprise, risk bearer and coordinators of the various factors of production. Since the workers do not have the entreprenuerial drive and mindset of their boss, the best he can do is to equip them with the skill and attitude to be financially independent, financially literate, investment savvy and having the millionaire mindset. A lawyer in his mid 50s got a dividend of over N100 million in a company in 2014, while a top banker got close to N600 million dividend in 2013. Most employers will not want their employees to have the millionaire mindset, imagine if those guys are getting additional dividends of $500k rather than the $100k given to them by their boss. Their children can inherit the investment and dividends, but cannot inherit the 100k bonus or salary. The big boss has done well for his act of kindness and generosity, but can do better by equipping the employees with the skills, tools, attitudes and processes towards building a lasting and an enduring wealth.

Dont mind the dude, he is internally sick and suffering from a Dysfunctional childhood and can't correct without insult.

Your post is spot on!

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by mavinc4u(f): 11:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
please what did you call the name of that company? i need to apply with them fast
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Bgorgeous: 11:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
Menhnu ! This is clean cash fir Christmas , 26,000,000? Please let me know wen dey need the next set of employees
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by greggng: 12:03am On Dec 17, 2015
A farmer saw a plane full of politicians crash near his farm. When the police arrived, they asked the farmer what happened.
Farmer: They crashed near my farm and I buried all of them.
One of the police men asked with shock; "are you sure they were all dead"?
Farmer: Some of them were screaming, "we are still alive".
But I couldn't believe them.
You know, these politicians. They can lie.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Cyriloha(m): 1:19am On Dec 17, 2015
PAnaceA7:
I knew he cannot be a Nigerian

he fiitiint
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by bewla(m): 4:52am On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:

Even with that, his generosity is massive. Not all bosses will go all out and give such huge amounts to their employees after recording a huge profit margin.

Because he spend before getting it
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by ibrutex(m): 5:51am On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:

Average

that grammar too much abeg!
NO NIGERIAN BOSS WILL DO THAT......even if that man made that huge revenue here his orientation will change as well........

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by mikolo80: 6:16am On Dec 17, 2015
AdaNri1:
That's very generous but it doesn't affect the poor Nigerians even praying for a bucket of rice this season.
They should go and farm
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by kizyalex10(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2015
Still our usless government want to reduce,the 18,000 minimum wage that is nt up to 100 dollar,for a man,planning to marry,or even married with kids,thinking of hw to build a house.yet the so called politicians will be busy looting money that will be enough to carter for thier tenth generation.hmmmmmm.its well
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by olakan22: 7:21am On Dec 17, 2015
AdaNri1:
That's very generous but it doesn't affect the poor Nigerians even praying for a bucket of rice this season.
park well. That company is not a Nigerian company
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by bejeria101(m): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:

Emphasis on never
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by KHAYGOLD(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2015
enomakos:
change?which change are u talking about
Think bro
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by SHOCK7(m): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2015
popcykaylah:
no be my boss o..she no even wan give us our December salary on time not to talk of bonus..anyways I made up my mind I was working for a witch grin
haahaa,guy why not make plans 2 go out on 'ur own!
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by SHOCK7(m): 10:51am On Dec 17, 2015
mavinc4u:
please what did you call the name of that company? i need to apply with them fast
apply with 'em as what na?
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by bluice2(m): 11:06am On Dec 17, 2015
PAnaceA7:
I knew he cannot be a Nigerian

EFCC will arrest the boss, kidnappers will await employees of the organisation; your exes will lobby for a come back. . . .
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by enomakos(m): 11:14am On Dec 17, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
Think bro
nothing had change bro maybe na for only your side the change de happened
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by zynzyn(m): 11:18am On Dec 17, 2015
donogaga:
Meet The Real Santa: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees

Hilcorp, a private oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Texas, is in the news for its unprecedented generosity towards employees. To celebrate an excellent year, CEO Jeff Hildebrand gave the entire company staff huge bonuses – $100,000 to each of the 1,381 workers! It seems Santa is real after all.

“It’s just a true gift,” said receptionist Amanda Thompson, who has worked at Hilcorp for the past 10 years. “And I think myself, as long as everyone else is not going to give any less than one hundred percent each day.” With this kind of rewards, it’s really no wonder that the company was included in the FORTUNE list of 100 Best Companies to Work For, for the third year in a row.

“Mr. Jeff Hildebrand, and our president Greg Lalicker, they are such amazing motivators,” Thompson added.

“Somedays I just kind of look down the hall and say I can’t believe these are my bosses and they’re the best.” She explained that Hildebrand and Lalicker had promised their employees a sizable bonus if Hilcorp’s size could be doubled in five years, and they kept that promise once that goal was reached. “We were all able to celebrate and enjoy that life changing day together,” she said. “We cried with happiness for each other, and hugged. Surreal. It was a surreal day it was a dream come true. It was likely a day that many people won’t experience in their lifetime and we did it all together.”

Source: Oddity Central.

http://www.informationng.com/?p=338338

Ask Dangote or Otedola to do this. The Slap wey u go collect ehn!! grin
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by PAnaceA7(m): 11:32am On Dec 17, 2015
bluice2:

EFCC will arrest the boss, kidnappers will await employees of the organisation; your exes will lobby for a come back. . . .

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by tiwiex(m): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
omonnakoda:
it depends..........he will have to pay tax on the profit anyway.It makes more sense to give the money to your staff than government. In real terms it will cost him NOTHING as it goes down as an EXPENSE
Y not make it 500k then? Not buying your point. Tax is a fraction. You make it sound like he did himself a favour. Ok, let Dangote and co do the same. Abi?
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
manie:
You can always get your message across without insults or abusing anyone.

i am sorry if i have offended you, as i clearly wrote "NO OFFENCE" after writing what i believe is the state of mind you portray.
i dont sugarcoat my words, sorry.

The best ways the big boss can help his employees is by giving then the skill and attitude to be financially literate and investment savvy.

why would a boss do such a thing?! just because thats what YOU desire for your life dont automatically assume that this is what everyone out there desire for theirs. the employees who desire to become financially literate and investment savvy can ultimately do so by using their bonus to pay for after work education/school on the subject.

furthermore, what makes you think that these employees aint financially literate and investment savvy?! what makes you think that they wont invest the money on a side business in order to make some extra cash?! oh yeah i forgot, in your world, anyone who is an employee is automatically NOT financially literate and NOT investment savvy. very funny! stop making all these assumptions just because most Nigerians desire to be their own bosses.

I doubt if 95% of his employees can replicate what the company achieved if they are to start their own businesses. The entrepreneur is the visioner of the enterprise, risk bearer and coordinators of the various factors of production. Since the workers do not have the entreprenuerial drive and mindset of their boss, the best he can do is to equip them with the skill and attitude to be financially independent, financially literate, investment savvy and having the millionaire mindset.

see how you are quick to assume again that everyone aspire to be an entrepreneur, and that everyone should/must take risks and put their lives and the financial wellbeing of their family at risk, in order to be financially independent, financially literate, investment savvy and having the millionaire mindset. ahahahahah you are indeed funny!

A lawyer in his mid 50s got a dividend of over N100 million in a company in 2014, while a top banker got close to N600 million dividend in 2013. Most employers will not want their employees to have the millionaire mindset, imagine if those guys are getting additional dividends of $500k rather than the $100k given to them by their boss. Their children can inherit the investment and dividends, but cannot inherit the 100k bonus or salary.

BWAAAAAAH! really?! is that YOUR mindset?! i am not gonna tell you what i really think about what you just wrote because you will think i am insulting you again, but let me just say this:
[b]people like you are dreamers,
- a dreamer that believe that any money made by an individual should be invested BY ALL MEANS, at the expense of making (at that particular time) a better life for them and their family;
- a dreamer who dont even have a clue about what an "entrepreneur" is, and whose main motivation in life is unfortunately "making money" rather than creating a worthy product or service;
- a dreamer that doesnt know that even when you have the best idea/product/service you can still fail due to unforeseen events;
- a dreamer that doesnt understand that you need DRIVE/FOCUS/PASSION/WILL POWER in order to succeed as an entrepreneur, and this cant be taught even in the best schools in the world;
- a dreamer that would rather put their family's wellbeing in jeopardy with dreams, instead of making sure that their family is safe FIRST, before gambling their lives away;
- a dreamer that believe that anyone who is financially literate would automatically be successful (investment wise);
- a dreamer who believe that making money is the hardest part in this game while, in fact, KEEPING MONEY and MAKING IT GROW BIGGER is the hardest part;

if a person's sole motivation in life is to "make money", then no wonder they are miserable.... this is the reason why so many out there (with that failed state of mind) aint making any.[/b]

The big boss has done well for his act of kindness and generosity, but can do better by equipping the employees with the skills, tools, attitudes and processes towards building a lasting and an enduring wealth.

yeah yeah, we heard, everyone should/must do what YOU desire, because YOU know whats best for all 1400 of these employees. believe me, if that boss asks his entire workforce if they rather have a $100K bonus OR a course in order to be "financially independent, financially literate, investment savvy and having the millionaire mindset", let me assume that ALL will take the cash bonus.

as a boss, your duty is to make your employees ENJOY what they are doing, BELIEVE in the company and STRIVE for greatness, while rewarding them for their loyalty and hardwork.... and certainly not instilling in them (by force) what they have not asked for, nor possibly desire.
some will use the bonus money to repay their debts, some will put a down payment on a house, some may use the money to go on a well deserved holiday, or buy a car etc... and if anyone desires to be "financially independent, financially literate, investment savvy" then they can use that bonus money to pay for courses/school to educate themselves about it. what each and everyone do is up to them, and them alone.

nairaman66:

Shut up and move on. Must you comment on every post that make you feel good? Obviously you knew it was an error, sure I was suppose to apologize, since it didn't came can't you move on? If you want an apology go get it from your pay master! Rubbish!!

not even a thank you?! oh well, i am glad i was able to enlighten you.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by millhouse: 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
fre

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.