Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! (64298 Views)

ABC Transport Boss, Frank Nneji Gifts Two Buses To His Employees / Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone / Heritage Bank Lays Off 400 Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Yes. It takes a lot more to see those great plans succeed at last, but we've got to keep going.......This December na austerity get me ooooo......LOL!
grin...walahi austerity wan finish us..e go better for sure..me I just chill..no travelling..
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
zinachidi:
see them ooooo, dem no dey give $100,000 for spacebooking, grin
Lolgringringrin
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by fart: 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
Does Hilcorp have a branch in Nigeria? Are they recruiting?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by kuntash: 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

Even with that, his generosity is massive. Not all bosses will go all out and give such huge amounts to their employees after recording a huge profit margin.

The average Nigerian boss will never do this embarassed

Guy , u never can be too sure o ...

Make u no make Dangote and Adenuga vex o

grin cheesy
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Funjosh(m): 6:08pm On Dec 16, 2015
dualsurvey:
Indeed, ayam cashin cold! Imagin christmas bonus fetching u over 22million naira @ dis period that is dryer than harmattan. Tell me why those employees wont work with all their might.

As in I don't even know what to comment honestly embarassed
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Regenerated: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nawa o and my coy dey give us a can of malt for going above the set targets! lipsrsealed
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:
the guy made closed to $5.9 billions (and triple his wealth in the same process) thanks to the hard work of his employees, so sparing $100Millions out of it to thank them is appropriate.

I doubt Nigerian billionaires will see it that way , one of such is Dangote who's wealth quadrupled ( $3 - $13 billion ) in a spate of 2 years
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by lastpage: 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

Even with that, his generosity is massive. Not all bosses will go all out and give such huge amounts to their employees after recording a huge profit margin.

You need to compare him with the owners of Banks in Nigeria who will even sub-contract work to their "front" company, will employ staff as "Contract" for almost ten years without regularisation ......... ALL IN AN EFFORT TO CHEAT THEM OUT OF THEIR WAGES! undecided

GENEROSITY AND HUMAN COMPASSION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW MUCH THE COMPANY MAKES

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Mintayo(m): 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nawa o, and some coy will give their employees one can of malt for meeting the targets! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by abbey621(m): 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
dikeigbo2:
This is wonderful, kindhearted employer, it can't be found in Nigeria,what we have here is exploitation, use and dump..... .Abbey621 come and see the American spirit at work, Fish head only to compare USA and Nigeria in electricity billing system.......... Winks

Why do you always speak out of your anus? I know of many Nigerian firms that are fond of giving end of the year bonuses to their employees, at the same time I know of many American companies that does not give bonuses, so what exactly are you saying? You need help mehn!
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by PAnaceA7(m): 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
hunkydory:

A Nigerian boss will prefer to use all that money to buy or build more estate to add to the one he has already. Nigerians are egregiously greedy.

So true.... I concur.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
neoapocalypse:

I doubt Nigerian billionaires will see it that way , one of such is Dangote who's wealth tripled ( $3 - $13 billion ) in a spate of 2 years

but here is the main problem here, all of you accept mediocrity as the way to go, just because thats what so many bosses are doing in 9ja.... BULLSH1T!!!!! the fact that Nigerians bosses are GREEDY shouldnt stop us from understanding the meaning of being generous. we can clearly understand that people like Dangote etc dont give a damn about their workforce, and thats why most employees probably dont give a damn about the company either.

stop looking at this $100K like a big deal, in a small minded CEOs country, and instead look at the big picture... 15-20% (or more) of the yearly profit IS being generous, 3% is appropriate, and this is how ALL companies should function.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by moshino(m): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

do you actually think that giving back (to the employees) 3% of the profit made that year, is being "generous"?! when many companies out there are giving up to 10-15% back to their workforce?

why would you compare the actions of this HIGHLY profitable private company, with that of the ones who are closing shops?! its not called a REWARD for nothing. such bonus MOTIVATE staff and their loyalty to the company. so companies who make the numbers (at the end of the fiscal yr) stay in business, those who dont.... oh well!

let us not forget that HILCORP is the largest privately held oil and gas producer in the US.

1. Downsizing does not imply 'closing shops'.

2. Any amount of payment above and beyond the employees salary, would have equally motivated them, and made them feel good. He did not have to give them the gift, neither did he have to go as high as $100k each. Its not an obligation, its generosity and a good gesture.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by enygmababe: 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
Oh!
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by BABANGBALI: 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=Funjosh post=41064178]

Bia, hope say IYANGBALI no carry some of her weed to Israel [/quotejealousy go kill you,iya dey for jerusalem dey pray for nigeria
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by manie(m): 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

do you actually think that giving back (to the employees) 3% of the profit made that year, is being "generous"?! when many companies out there are giving up to 10-15% back to their workforce?

why would you compare the actions of this HIGHLY profitable private company, with that of the ones who are closing shops?! its not called a REWARD for nothing. such bonus MOTIVATE staff and their loyalty to the company. so companies who make the numbers (at the end of the fiscal yr) stay in business, those who dont.... oh well!

let us not forget that HILCORP is the largest privately held oil and gas producer in the US.

The guy should be commended, employees earn salarie, landlords earn rents, investors earn dividends from the profits, bussinesses and businessmen earn profits. The employees should be encouraged to buy shares of this great company if they want to eat a bigger chunk of company's profit rather than the 3% given to them by their boss. Their boss is an extraordinary boss and his 1400 workers know that he is one in a million
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Funjosh(m): 6:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
[quote author=BABANGBALI post=41065698][/quote]

I hope she is delivered from her street madness tongue
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
moshino:

1. Downsizing does not imply 'closing shops'.

same thing, they either A) losing money or B) want to save some.

2. Any amount of payment above and beyond the employees salary, would have equally motivated them, and made them feel good. He did not have to give them the gift, neither did he have to go as high as $100k each. Its not an obligation, its generosity and a good gesture.

- so you actually believe that... in 2010, the boss gave them $35K each, and motivated them to continue working hard, and NOW that the profit almost doubled this yr (thanks to the motivation and hope of a BONUS), he should give them LESS?!
it IS an obligaton YES to reward your staff, thats why it works so well with HILCORP and they are making such massive profits. dont take what these useless CEOs in 9ja are doing as anything of value.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by enomakos(m): 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
KHAYGOLD:
Do we have an employer like this in Nigeria? All what Nigeria employers do is to exploit you and even salary delay has become the order of the day with no care about the welfare of the employee. Anyway, I believe things are gonna get better for good soon since baba is the one stirring this country. I pray for good health for the president. It's an era of change.
change?which change are u talking about
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
manie:
The guy should be commended, employees earn salarie, landlords earn rents, investors earn dividends from the profits, bussinesses and businessmen earn profits. The employees should be encouraged to buy shares of this great company if they want to eat a bigger chunk of company's profit rather than the 3% given to them by their boss. Their boss is an extraordinary boss and his 1400 workers know that he is one in a million

and companies makes BIGGER profit when workers are motivated (by their boss) to do an even better job... therefore, their HARDWORK and LOYALTY must be rewarded proportionately. 3-5% is appropriate, 15-20% is generous.
just because Nigeria is filled with useless good for nothing bosses, does NOT make this boss "extraordinary".
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by tiwiex(m): 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

AKA Dangote. He won't. Na so so Forbes we dy see am. Na Forbes we wan chop?
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by 4nobody4every1: 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2015
kiss kiss kiss cool
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by manie(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

and companies makes BIGGER profit when workers are motivated (by their boss) to do an even better job... therefore, their HARDWORK and LOYALTY must be rewarded proportionately. 3-5% is appropriate, 15-20% is generous.
just because Nigeria is filled with useless good for nothing bosses, does NOT make this boss "extraordinary".
The best reward for hardwork and loyalty is what you do towards enhancing your financial indepence and not having an entitlement expectation from a supposed boss. What my boss owes me is my agreed salary as the economy and industry dictates, rather than hoping and praying for a father figure boss to give me a chunk from the big pie, what smart and entrepreneurial employees do is how to own part of the pie. And I think this is more enduring. The big boss did very well and he should be commended, because he is not obliged to do what he did. I hope he is educating his workers on financial literacy and investments.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Sirpluv: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
U mean 19,925,000.00 Nigerian nairas . . . O.M.G.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by persius555(m): 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
Keneking:
Ok, our own oil tycoon are waiting to collect subsidy from PMB shocked
The so called oil tycoons in nigeria are nothing but "cheap economic beggars". I pray PMB removes the oil subsidy and you will see half of them running out of business. Our oil sector is bereft of innovative and dynamic ideas. Though, some indegenous companies are doing well onstream, until the sector is completely liberated from govt interventions aka subsidy, capacity will be low.
As for hilcorp, they weathered the storm this years. The CEO is quite generous.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Oballer: 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2015
what do you mean by average. NO NIGERIAN BOSS will do this!!!! NEVER...
dominique:

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by osazeeblue01: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nigeria man/woman cant give that kind of amount out even if is $50 billion instead of one of rice before they will increase to two bags of rice,g/nut oil ,tin tomato and one chicken
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by moshino(m): 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

same thing, they either A) losing money or B) want to save some.

- so you actually believe that... in 2010, the boss gave them $35K each, and motivated them to continue working hard, and NOW that the profit almost doubled this yr (thanks to the motivation and hope of a BONUS), he should give them LESS?!
it IS an obligaton YES to reward your staff, thats why it works so well with HILCORP and they are making such massive profits. dont take what these useless CEOs in 9ja are doing as anything of value.

I'm not so sure why you're so fixated on 9ja comparison. And maybe you should review the meaning of 'OBLIGATION' and the phrase 'CLOSING SHOP'. Thoroughly apprise yourself of the compensation trends in most fortune 500 companies regarding bonus pay rates and consistencies, then if you decide to be realistic and pragmatic, you'll realize that a $100k gift to each employee of the company is pure generosity, and not an obligation. I cannot continue to engage you in senseless and pointless discuss.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by tiwiex(m): 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
it depends..........he will have to pay tax on the profit anyway.It makes more sense to give the money to your staff than government. In real terms it will cost him NOTHING as it goes down as an EXPENSE
Y not make it 500k then? Not buying our point. Tax is a fraction. You make it sound like he did himself a favour. Ok, let Dangote and co do the same. Abi?
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by kolaosita4(m): 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
Our 9ja. Boss will neva do such
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
manie:
The best reward for hardwork and loyalty is what you do towards enhancing your financial indepence and not having an entitlement expectation from a supposed boss. What my boss owes me is my agreed salary as the economy and industry dictates,

thats because you think like a miserable employee (no offence), and instead should think like the boss you aspire to be... if you think that giving an employee just a salary, will motivate him/her to give that extra push and/or to be loyal to your company year in and year out, then you best wake up immediately.
we can certainly understand that an employee like yourself would only do what you are paid to do, and never lift a finger more, since your hardwork/loyalty is only geared toward your financial independence. thats the hypocrisy in your miserable employee state of mind (no offence again), but we all know too damn well that if you knew that you could get a bonus of ₦10M or more at the end of the year, you'll work yourself to the bone, in order to ultimately get that financial independence you so dream of.

rather than hoping and praying for a father figure boss to give me a chunk from the big pie, what smart and entrepreneurial employees do is how to own part of the pie. And I think this is more enduring.

they DO get a piece of the pie, 3% of it to be precise... lol.
by "owning" part of the pie, you therefore mean that you expect the boss to be MORE "generous" (as you said) than to share 3% of the yearly profit with the employees?! lol, not everybody has what it takes to BE an entrepreneur, thats why all too many fail miserably in such venture.
but sadly, in 9ja EVERY single soul daydream of being their own boss, when they have absolutely no clue/talent/education/knowledge etc as to what it takes to starting a business and making ends meet, let alone be profitable.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by omonnakoda: 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
tiwiex:

Y not make it 500k then? Not buying our point. Tax is a fraction. You make it sound like he did himself a favour. Ok, let Dangote and co do the same. Abi?
Not selling ,either you get it or you don't. Have you EVER completed a TAX RETURN?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.