Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! (64305 Views)

ABC Transport Boss, Frank Nneji Gifts Two Buses To His Employees / Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone / Heritage Bank Lays Off 400 Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
Kgdavid:

Sure you're right about the figure.

You're point (if you really have one) is still invalid, as the amount of money disbursed:

1. Brought immense joy to a number of lives.
2. Was done under no compulsion whatsoever.

Why must you find a negative angle to look at the whole thing from?

dont flip the script here bro, who said what he did was negative (or whatever)?! i said what was done is APPROPRIATE.... if you dont know the meaning of the word then pls Google it.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by manie(m): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
Kgdavid:

a cursory glance at those figures should have told you that 100, 000.00 by 1, 400 is 1.4 billion, a clean 25% of what you claim he made. Your point again??
It is $140 million and about 2.5% of what he made.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by aimuan(m): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

Even with that, his generosity is massive. Not all bosses will go all out and give such huge amounts to their employees after recording a huge profit margin.

The average Nigerian boss will never do this embarassed
dangote comes to mind.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by dikeigbo2(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
This is wonderful, kindhearted employer, it can't be found in Nigeria,what we have here is exploitation, use and dump..... .Abbey621 come and see the American spirit at work, Fish head only to compare USA and Nigeria in electricity billion system......
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by nairaman66(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

NONSENSE!!!! obviously, mathematics were not your best asset in school..... $100K x 1400 employees thats $140Millions... aka a little under 3% of the money the owner profited

and your point is......

Dude think again..

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by dikeigbo2(m): 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
This is wonderful, kindhearted employer, it can't be found in Nigeria,what we have here is exploitation, use and dump..... .Abbey621 come and see the American spirit at work, Fish head only to compare USA and Nigeria in electricity billing system.......... Winks
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by manie(m): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
njays24:
Nigerian bosses would rather hold on to their employees' salarie,allowance and pensions. He's a rare being-the real SANTACLAUS .
Nigerian bosses are just like the shoeless president that was voted, the was already eyeing the accumulated pension funds of about N4 Trillion.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by LoveJesus87(m): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

Even with that, his generosity is massive. Not all bosses will go all out and give such huge amounts to their employees after recording a huge profit margin.

For where grin
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by manie(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
nairaman66:

The guy spent more than $140M.. This is unreal! What generosity.., Lord bless me so I can do something like this!!
100k *1400=140 million, while 1 million*1400=1.4 billion.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Kgdavid(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

dont flip the script here bro, who said what he did was negative (or whatever)?! i said what was done is APPROPRIATE.... if you dont know the meaning of the word then pls Google it.

Oga relax, i didn''t say you said what he did was negative. Ok let me rephrase sir: You don't have to look at it form a cynical perspective. Appropriate or not, he did not have to do it at all, and yet he did. He could as well have given them 10, 000 and they would probably still be happy but he did 100, 000 k.

This is business, and what the CEO has done is commendable. Period.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Kzeals: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
I like dis boss
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
nairaman66:
Dude think again..

you went back to edit the GROSS mathematical error you made, and instead of thanking me for correcting you, you are here still writing nonsense...
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by manie(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

that boss had already REWARDED these same employees the previous years $35K each (or $50K down payment on a car), when the company did good. as any boss would know that if your employees are happy and believe in the company, then they will work better.
so such reward system helps the company in the long run.

your way of thinking is the reason why so many 9ja companies have no clue AND are filled with employees who dont give a damn about the boss nor the company itself.
What he meant was that the tycoon should commended for his generosity, because what he did was not in the workers' employment contract. I just hope the workers will not develop entitlement mentality and they believe what their boss did is their own right.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by fujirice: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
dominique:

You made a good point but why mention Nigeria bosses so quickly? This is a very rare case scenario if you ask me and not every "average" American boss do this.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
Kgdavid:

Oga relax, i didn''t say you said what he did was negative. Ok let me rephrase sir: You don't have to look at it form a cynical perspective. Appropriate or not, he did not have to do it at all, and yet he did. He could as well have given them 10, 000 and they would probably still be happy but he did 100, 000 k.

This is business, and what the CEO has done is commendable. Period.

again, giving his employees 3% of the massive profit he made was "appropriate"..... especially since he gave them $35K each (or $50K down payment on a car) the previous years when the profit wasnt as high as this year.

there is no cynical views here, i am saying that this is how ALL bosses should reward their hard working employees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by hunkydory(m): 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
PAnaceA7:
I knew he cannot be a Nigerian
A Nigerian boss will prefer to use all that money to buy or build more estate to add to the one he has already. Nigerians are egregiously greedy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Hahaha. These guys have higher and nobler values than us. Most of them derive great joy for meeting the unwritten needs of their employees and customers; and they're ever conscious of the inputs of their employees.

BTW, why wished to be his employee when you could be like him? LOL! Brother, the world's waiting for our manifestations. It's in us all.
you got a point bro..I like to be like him sometime in the future but in the interim a boy has got to work a little .how you see am?.. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
you got a point bro..I like to be like him sometime in the future but in the interim a boy has got to work a little .how you see am?.. cheesy

Hahahaa. Don't let your present situation stop you from dreaming BIG. Mediocrity is stressful, my brother. I see myself as a massive employer in the coming years.
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by seunsola2411(m): 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
i just learnt from a brother who worked with a serving judge who could not give the housemaid water to dring from their bottled water rather she was banned from reaching the freezer and has to be drawing water from the tap to drink in d same roof will such a maid not kill all of them once..

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by dualsurvey: 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2015
Funjosh:
embarassed ayam cashin cold embarassed
Indeed, ayam cashin cold! Imagin christmas bonus fetching u over 22million naira @ dis period that is dryer than harmattan. Tell me why those employees wont work with all their might.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by darediamond(m): 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
Because of grediness which have worsened a Proper Way of thinking.
You are so correct about "average Nigerian Boss".
dominique:

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by moshino(m): 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
MRBrownJ:

that boss had already REWARDED these same employees the previous years $35K each (or $50K down payment on a car), when the company did good. as any boss would know that if your employees are happy and believe in the company, then they will work better.
so such reward system helps the company in the long run.

your way of thinking is the reason why so many 9ja companies have no clue AND are filled with employees who dont give a damn about the boss nor the company itself.

You miss the point! Simply put, the company's obligation to their employees does not include the $100k gift. I don't live in your '9ja' either. And I've worked in different capacities at different fortune 500 companies in North America, and I can tell you that what that company did is not the norm. In fact, some major companies are even downsizing now. So for a company that pays/gifts it's employees $100k bonus is not a norm, neither is it an obligation.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Tmaritas76(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
This Xmas gift is inconclusive
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Hahahaa. Don't let your present situation stop you from dreaming BIG. Mediocrity is stressful, my brother. I see myself as a massive employer in the coming years.
I already have good plans but you know it takes some more to see those plans fulfilled..na small small..but come carry your boy strole out this December na..shuuu...preye na so we go dey dey??.. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by miqos02(m): 5:50pm On Dec 16, 2015
good
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Funjosh(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2015
BABANGBALI:
good for you,no go look for better work,sidon there dey do mai guard work for mushin tongue

Bia, hope say IYANGBALI no carry some of her weed to Israel
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by MRBrownJ: 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2015
manie:
What he meant was that the tycoon should commended for his generosity, because what he did was not in the workers' employment contract. I just hope the workers will not develop entitlement mentality and they believe what their boss did is their own right.

do you actually think that giving back (to the employees) 3% of the profit made that year, is being "generous"?! when many companies out there are giving up to 10-15% back to their workforce?

moshino:

You miss the point! Simply put, the company's obligation to their employees does not include the $100k gift. I don't live in your '9ja' either. And I've worked in different capacities at different fortune 500 companies in North America, and I can tell you that what that company did is not the norm. In fact, some major companies are even downsizing now. So for a company that pays/gifts it's employees $100k bonus is not a norm, neither is it an obligation.

why would you compare the actions of this HIGHLY profitable private company, with that of the ones who are closing shops?! its not called a REWARD for nothing. such bonus MOTIVATE staff and their loyalty to the company. so companies who make the numbers (at the end of the fiscal yr) stay in business, those who dont.... oh well!

let us not forget that HILCORP is the largest privately held oil and gas producer in the US.

1 Like

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
IzonOwei:
I already have good plans but you know it takes some more to see those plans fulfilled..na small small..but come carry your boy strole out this December na..shuuu...preye na so we go dey dey??.. cheesy

Yes. It takes a lot more to see those great plans succeed at last, but we've got to keep going.......This December na austerity get me ooooo......LOL!
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
Daslim180:
I love philanthropist as boss. As they are succeeding, they also carry along their subordinates. Unlike my former employer, that man no go happy if him see meat for your food because he is so greedy that he cannot even by food to his own mouth.
lolz grin Your x boss thoughundecided
Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by darediamond(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
Hmm... Naoki Kashima was rigth when he said the Oil Companies around the world have the money to buy Mainstream Edudaction System globally as students at all levels especially in the science and technology field are being taugth only enough to make them. Into a part of the Work Force, nothing more. Or in other words students are taugth wrong Science and Engineering Laws that is actually needed to make the World generates Electric Power withouth burning Oil and making we humans delibrately SICK!!!

The Oil tycoons are really Rich! But for how long will they bé able to keep the lid on the TRUE LAWS OF UNIVERSE that kicks against there devilish Oil drilling business?

For how long?

Nigeria and Africa at large shall soon bé Set Free from this Non-sense.

Free Energy is Real!! WE NEED NOT TO BURN OIL to generate energy. The Energy humans globally needs is always present in the Divinely Electrified Ahir we all breath in and out.

As your Heart Pulse, so also this Free Electricity Pulse so a Pulsing device is needed to collect it. One such is a Multifilar Capacitorlike wound Electromagnet.

More to bé revealed later on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oil Tycoon Gives $100,000 Christmas Bonus To Each Of His 1,400 Employees!!! by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
popcykaylah:
no be my boss o..she no even wan give us our December salary on time not to talk of bonus..anyways I made up my mind I was working for a witch grin
gringringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.