Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job (23535 Views)

Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00? / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by 6fit(f): 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Atmmachine:
He's a lazy guy.
Just fire him immediately.
Here in America, we don't play with our jobs.
We work like slaves.
Even if you're sick, you must show up for work.
No birthday celebrations, No time for church activities, No time to spend with our families.

u choose to enslave yur ass.....so how does dat chage 9ja economy. U can leave d job in America and come home....na byforce to work for US? Infact delete dat yur stupid comment....and if yu Quote me, thurnder go fire yu for there
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by sluvy4tune(m): 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
Taiw:
This situation reminds of a job I took. my salary was 40k and my boss insisted we come on Saturdays and public holidays. Its an IT company. He even wanted to push Sundays to me but I refused. He succeeded with others. I hope you are not that kind of boss. If he works overtime pay him for it. Don't tip him whenever you feel its necessary. If you need to employ someone to work on weekends, do that and don't use one stone to kill two birds.

Something tells me you overuse this guy. How can you send your staff on an unofficial errand and you are bragging you tipped him. That's how my boss the other day asked me to sit in a mechanic shop until his car is fixed. Till today, the idiot is still owing...

Nigerian bosses are mean. I am very sure he did not get any leave this year. Staffs are entitled to 2-4 weeks leave in a year. You expect him not to come up with this excuse?

Thanks bro

But in as much as i am not the person to appraise myself, i am certain i dont fall into that category of boss as describe above. We work as a team and was surprise when this issue came up. I am not bragging about sending him on unofficial errand but this were all stated in his employment letter, ( and the unofficial errand is helping to buy recharge cards and lunch that that will include his own as well)

As regards overusing him, i am sure thats not the case here, he resumes 8am and close 4pm (monday to friday ) His core assignment is to deliver orders to our logistic company once every 2days. As per 2-4 weeks leaves Thank you for this.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Sunnypa11(m): 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
ladenz:

eeeeeyah. Pelee?
BTW did you teach English? lipsrsealed
Jamb question from queen Elizabeth's slave.
U can be sad just like Mourinho right now.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by sluvy4tune(m): 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
BBackOurGlory:
[size=16pt]Oga,

Most Nigerians have poor work ethics and lazy.

It's sad that people will use years looking for a job and after getting it; they can't preserve it.

From HR perspective the guy is not due for an annual leave; he's just 6 months into the job. All the excuses narrated are out of place and lack merit.

Maybe, you will allow your HR to call him and let him have proper perspective on the basic requirements of leave; if this has not been done during your induction. But, how many employers truly care to give their staff proper induction at the commence of employment??

Don't just sack him as many have suggested, educate him and let him realize the consequence of his demands.

Many thanks
[/size]

Thanks Bro, you made great point
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by butanep(m): 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
Sunnypa11:

You are correct,I joined a skul this past holiday,I was so happy and the salary is 12k in Abj but what baffle me was when we were paid 3k each for the holiday lesson with the proprietor taking 50% of the money....

I told him that i don't want to participate in extra work apart from my normal curriculum work and he was upset...

I taught primary 2-5 Maths,Quantitative and P.H.E....The Proprietor insists i must add more subjects and i told him i cannot do more than that as an NCE holder.

I later start doing home lesson for some children with many of them not my school pupils and he started acting funny and frustrated me for months......

Make i end the torry like that

Boss you mean 12k in a month in Abuja city? How do you cope? It's because you are an NCE holder shall...

My advise for you is to save money and upgrade your qualification. That is pure slavery jare...I know it's not easy but you can do it...

1 Like

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by butanep(m): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
sluvy4tune:

Thanks bro

But in as much as i am not the person to appraise myself, i am certain i dont fall into that category of boss as describe above. We work as a team and was surprise when this issue came up. I am not bragging about sending him on unofficial errand but this were all stated in his employment letter, ( and the unofficial errand is helping to buy recharge cards and lunch that that will include his own as well)

As regards overusing him, i am sure thats not the case here, he resumes 8am and close 4pm (monday to friday ) His core assignment is to deliver orders to our logistic company once every 2days. As per 2-4 weeks leaves Thank you for this.

Where is this your office located jare... let men that are willing to work come in but the salary need to be moderate.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Sunnypa11(m): 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
butanep:

Boss you mean 12k in a month in Abuja city? How do you cope? It's because you are an NCE holder shall...

My advise for you is to save money and upgrade your qualification. That is pure slavery jare...I know it's not easy but you can do it...

Thanks,I only accept it because i am still under my parent but i may start teaching public school next year.

I don resign since november and i believe next year will be a great beginning for me
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by F22RAPTOR(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
thank God say man no be God. I am appalled by some of the comments i am reading here. One true quality of a good leader is emotional intelligence, i guess most of the people on this thread do not even know what that means.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
demisig:

how much do you want me to pay you if am willing to give you a job?

It depends on where your office is and how much I'll pay for commute to and fro daily
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
sucess001:

where are you living and do u have a cv?

Mainland Lagos,yes I do
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
datigbogirl:

What did you study and how much salary do you have in mind?

English,like 40k upwards depending on where ur office is
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by datigbogirl: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

My pin is there...contact for more details.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
datigbogirl:

My pin is there...contact for more details.

Aiit
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by datigbogirl: 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Aiit
Just saw your mail request.
I neither do mails nor calls until I want to.

Thank You.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
datigbogirl:

Just saw your mail request.

I neither do mails nor calls until I want to.

Thank You.

I didn't see your pin
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by datigbogirl: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

I didn't see your pin
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Taiw(m): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Here you go again...how are you sure these same ones will not complain after 3months.?...i rest my case
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
Taiw:

Here you go again...how are you sure these same ones will not complain after 3months.?...i rest my case

Oga I'm awaiting service, I just wanna do smth in the meantime
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Khez: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2015
Employ me.....
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by butanep(m): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
Sunnypa11:

Thanks,I only accept it because i am still under my parent but i may start teaching public school next year.

I don resign since november and i believe next year will be a great beginning for me

May your desire come to pass.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by butanep(m): 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Oga I'm awaiting service, I just wanna do smth in the meantime

Ur Dp though... you look gorgeous. That hips of your is top notch...

I will advise you to learn a skill since you are awaiting service. It will pay you more than seeking for job. You can be a boss of your own tomorrow.

I know you need the cash but sometimes it's better we sacrifices for the future.

My opinion.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
butanep:

Ur Dp though... you look gorgeous. That hips of your is top notch...

I will advise you to learn a skill since you are awaiting service. It will pay you more than seeking for job. You can be a boss of your own tomorrow.

I know you need the cash but sometimes it's better we sacrifices for the future.

My opinion.

Thanks for ur advice
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Cutehector(m): 8:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
sluvy4tune:

Thank you bro, We are into E-Commerce and he knows.December is one of our busy month.

r u serious? So why den is he compplaining... Jeeez.. If only people knew how much others out thr would kill for their jobs. Urm u can already see two people askn u for employment already cheesy... Remind him of that grin
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Oh, my goodness! Beat laugh all day! Lmao!
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Oh, my goodness! Best laugh all day! Lmao!
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Emeka71(m): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:
Maybe he actually needs a rest...btw cld u employ me pls? I nid a job seriously
You need a (Just Only Broke).
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
Suigeneris93:

It depends on where your office is and how much I'll pay for commute to and fro daily

so where do you stay?
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by Sunnypa11(m): 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
butanep:

May your desire come to pass.
Amen oooo....Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by afrika(f): 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
Give him leave!??!!!!
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by remexy(f): 12:24am On Dec 18, 2015
He needs the rest, if it won't kill business allow him. He may just be burnt out. Even salary can't fix that.
Re: I Think My Staff Is Tired Of His Job by nasonaso: 8:25am On Dec 18, 2015
datigbogirl:

Can we see why d youths remain unemployed?...he doesn't even care to know how much he'll get...his only concern is "I don't want to work for you"

Most motivational speakers are doing more harm than good...

All d best brother in your jobsearch.

I feel we should approach civility when dealing with situations. A lot of folks need a decent job. I also need one

If you have something up let me pm you. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How My Upholsterer Lost 15 Million Naira Contract Because Of Attitude / How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? / What Would Your Occupation Be If You Followed Your Childhood Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.