Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,051 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. (5717 Views)

No One Can Take Nigeria Back To The Jonathan Days After Buhari’s 8 Years- SGF / The Made In Aba Boots Our Nigerian Army Will Be Rocking Soon / Why The Iranian Ultimatum For El Zackzacky's Release Must Be Taken Seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 18, 2015
hakanai:

Okay let's put it this way, we have no alliance between us and this foreign nation. Again in such a conflict do you think the world powers will prefer Iran over us? Considering the history between then and strategic interest! Syria is a case study. If the western powers would rather the opposition than a moderate government of Assad.simply because he has ties to Iran. Which remains on the US and many western powers black book.

Today if it could happen we would have a good amount of good will against Iran globally. To prosecute such a war Iran would need to move resources around. Either by air, sea or land. Between Iran and Nigeria guy they would have to pass through so many friendly nations of our particularly in Africa to reach here. Not forgetting that countries like Israel and the west,gulf states will be watching such movement and gladly will try to stop it as they do not want weapons from Iran going to Israel,Yemen,Syria,Bahrain etc.

Again at the moment only treat I see is small arms smuggling, finance and training of locals to do there bidding if they choose to act. Now how do they do that they would need to make contact. So Nigeria should be watching nationals flying in and out of Iran or any Iranian proxy nation. As they are known to take fighters out of there countries training them in Iran and smuggle or get them back to train others.

At the moment we are not in the middle east. Iran can not tunnel from Persia to west Africa. They will not be allowed to move the needed heavy military hardware they may have yo attack us. We are out of there missile range and aircraft range. No single sorties will get them here without stopping somewhere to refuel or sorts.

So all we need do is remain vigilant and keep neighbouring nations close buddies. Also I can bet the US,Africa and Euro will not allow it to happen.

Put simply, we would defeat the Iranians in a war if hypothetically they can somehow move their forces to our backyard.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:30am On Dec 18, 2015
intrepidJ:
Take away Israel and Iran has the most powerful armed forces in the Middle East. Iran spends $11 billion a year on its military, just $4 billion more than the Nigerian armed forces (this puts into perspective the scale of the corruption and lootery that has bedeviled Nigeria’s military for a decade) yet the difference between both armed forces is like night and day.

read more

https://ourtimeiscome./2015/12/17/accessing-irans-military-capability/

Nigeria only started budgeting that much in the last 3 years. Prior to that, our defence budget had always been less than 3 billion dollars.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Cholls(m): 9:46am On Dec 18, 2015
hakanai:

Okay let's put it this way, we have no alliance between us and this foreign nation. Again in such a conflict do you think the world powers will prefer Iran over us? Considering the history between then and strategic interest! Syria is a case study. If the western powers would rather the opposition than a moderate government of Assad.simply because he has ties to Iran. Which remains on the US and many western powers black book.

Today if it could happen we would have a good amount of good will against Iran globally. To prosecute such a war Iran would need to move resources around. Either by air, sea or land. Between Iran and Nigeria guy they would have to pass through so many friendly nations of our particularly in Africa to reach here. Not forgetting that countries like Israel and the west,gulf states will be watching such movement and gladly will try to stop it as they do not want weapons from Iran going to Israel,Yemen,Syria,Bahrain etc.

Again at the moment only treat I see is small arms smuggling, finance and training of locals to do there bidding if they choose to act. Now how do they do that they would need to make contact. So Nigeria should be watching nationals flying in and out of Iran or any Iranian proxy nation. As they are known to take fighters out of there countries training them in Iran and smuggle or get them back to train others.

At the moment we are not in the middle east. Iran can not tunnel from Persia to west Africa. They will not be allowed to move the needed heavy military hardware they may have yo attack us. We are out of there missile range and aircraft range. No single sorties will get them here without stopping somewhere to refuel or sorts.

So all we need do is remain vigilant and keep neighbouring nations close buddies. Also I can bet the US,Africa and Euro will not allow it to happen.
my brother well said.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by dammytosh: 9:49am On Dec 18, 2015
They can't coordinate such.

We are far from iran so they can not launch any useless missile.

They dnt have the resources to coordinate ground attck on Nigeria army , they will be over powered.

Or how many soldiers will they fly in ?
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 18, 2015
cokoduck:
Yes in that ps1 game called. Medal of honor
....wars are not fought and won alone,but with numerous allies....
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by orisa37: 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
Nigeria will floor Iran anytime anyday just like Israel always floors the Arabs. It is a war of sense and not nonsense. Only that our Arab brothers in the North might caumoflage as bokoharam, Fulani herdsmen and Sarksarkies to help Iran.

1 Like

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Goke7: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
what is the purpose this thread, is it to ignite a war between iran and nigeria? I think folks should be wiser than this.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by hakanai(m): 5:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
Henry240:

Put simply, we would defeat the Iranians in a war if hypothetically they can somehow move their forces to our backyard.

Yes its possible so long as we are not taking the battle to them and we are proactive enough in preventing them having any influence or systematic military build up around us then we are good. Our so called small army is sufficient to decimate any small buildup before it gets bigger.

Again Iran will not go that way. She would rather choose to use the Human right advocacy to make a case at the moment. I seriously think we should also be mindful of people doing business with them or there proxy.

In Gej language US will know will be helpful. As I am certain they will gladly share information on Iran. The Nigeria shipment matter was not a mistake. You leave me I can tell you Israel or the west had something to do with it. We did not just accidently stumble over that shipment. Again Iran is under serious UN embargo on arms.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by 0ldirtybastard(m): 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
Cholls:
my brother it seems you've been watching alot of movies. What makes you think war are won with what you mention there? Yeah! To some extent they do which i admit. But they're just part of the list of things needed for war. Mind you, those equipment/weapon are useless if you don't have human(soldiers) to man it mehn!. Let me tell you they my have access to sophisticated weapons. But i tell you we have millions of men who can be conscripted to fight this war and them.

Look at this slowpoke.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by chrisblack: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
hakanai:
Same stupid perception people ascribe to every conflict. You can use the instances of wars where the stronger still never gets to win. Example is the typical US Taliban war. You also have the Syria war. We have a lot in histories tied to war that people like Alexander the great defeated the Persians. You have hear in Africa where Ethiopia defeated the colonial masters. Read Tsun Tzu and see how he made his on name defeating a bigger army.

So war is not by advance weaponary alone it is a combination of so many things. Even the fact you are adapt to Nigeria environment is a plus in war. Again you can look at alliances. At the moment Iran will not even dear it. Internationally most of our allies today are anti Iran. UK,USA,Israel etc will not allow it. Even Russia will be against it because they would prefer they are not force to side anyone.

Point of correction in the middle east defence hardware, after Israel is Saudi. As of 2 years back USA also approved additional defence procurement for a lot of gulf states to reduce Iran's influence. So nations like Qatar,UAE,Bahrain,Jordan etc have being upgrading to advance weaponaries.

Only draw back is if Iran gets a nuclear bomb. Only treat to Nigeria at the moment would be if they try to fund or encourage insurgency or terror to the nation.

At the moment they Iran stand to gain more being nice to us than the reverse. They need the friendship more to prove there global relevance.Again nothing will happen. Before now or ties were not good following the arms shipment in apapa and many other incidence linked to them.

At the moment Iranian military lacks the capability or alliances to project a significant war or conflict into Africa. Without dare consequences. I mean Nigeria will enjoy the support so many ECOWAS and AU nations mostly neighbors with us here as a start.

My take Iran just need to calm down and mind there business.
you took the words out of my mouth you are 100% correct. Mind you the shite are a very negligible size in the mist of the mainly sunni practising Muslims in the north. They will be fished out very easily. I remembered when I visited a friend in the north some Shiite affiliated group was trying to setup in town .it took the emir not more than 1hr to kick them out.Iran lacks ability for long rang military/war projection.you are 100% correct in your writeup.the Muslim population would rise up in all its might against them.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by scully95: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
intrepidJ:
Take away Israel and Iran has the most powerful armed forces in the Middle East. Iran spends $11 billion a year on its military, just $4 billion more than the Nigerian armed forces (this puts into perspective the scale of the corruption and lootery that has bedeviled Nigeria’s military for a decade) yet the difference between both armed forces is like night and day.

read more

https://ourtimeiscome./2015/12/17/accessing-irans-military-capability/

This post is insane.. Did you check the Geographical location ?? Iran the moment it steps in Nigeria will lose.. Based on geographical location. In a conventional warfare. Nigeria will win Iran. This is not come chup.. Check the difference nah.. Since Syrian proxy way started. Iranian Generals that have died are up to 9.. In Nigeria how many generals have died ?? The last time 3 generals was killed in South Sout, did anyone remember what OBj did to a village ?? They leveled the villiage.. You don't dare with Nigerian generals.. They are the real second in command of Irunmole not that fake Ooni of Ife without balls..

The same way if Nigeria attacks iran on its territory will lose badly..
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by malele(m): 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You must be insane for saying this nonsense. How many APCs, Tanks, fighter jets, bombs, RPGs, anti-airs, anti-tanks does Nigeria have? The kind of war we are talking about is not the type you do with ur neigbouring villages. Its not about how wide your chest is or how big your muscles are

Why are u replying that guy, he looks like a fool to me. Iran will over run nigeria in 1week.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Ilaje44(m): 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
LordAdam:
The odds of Nigeria and Iran going to war is equivalent to the odds of a person being struck by lightning.

In any case, hypothetically, the war will be fought in Nigeria. The war will drag on for months, but Nigeria will come out of the war a severely ravaged country, with Iran the likely victor.

If allies get in on the action, then the economic, military, and humanitarian cost of the war will be epic. Suffice it to say, the entire West Africa region will directly feel the effect of the war. The refugee crisis will make the current Syrian situation seem like rehearsal.

-Lord

That would be a big lie. Iran that cannot project their army to Kenya would come over to fight in Nigeria? The only thing they can do is sabotage actions with the assistance of people like you.

Remember, when a war starts, it would not be confined to only Nigeria and Iran. And should Iran attack Nigeria, Iran would be committing suicide, because not every aggressor can get away like Russia or China. Even Russia is feeling the impact of the international sanctions placed on her.

And lastly, do not forget the greatest act of cowardice in war is when the commander flees the war front leaving his men behind. The greatest of these coward war commanders was the Great Persian King Darius who despite outnumbering his enemies and possessing the most advanced army at that time was humiliated by the Greeks.

If Iran tries nonsense, it will be humiliated again.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by Cholls(m): 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
malele:

Why are u replying that guy, he looks like a fool to me. Iran will over run nigeria in 1week.
my brother God bless you.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by ijaya1: 11:37pm On Dec 18, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Look at this slowpoke.
look at this hopeless son of a bitçh. Who dash monkey banana.

1 Like

Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by mikolo80: 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You must be insane for saying this nonsense. How many APCs, Tanks, fighter jets, bombs, RPGs, anti-airs, anti-tanks does Nigeria have? The kind of war we are talking about is not the type you do with ur neigbouring villages. Its not about how wide your chest is or how big your muscles are
I laugh in nembe . Equipment can be bought overnight (nigeria expertise fire brigade approach ). But imagine with all their tanks and jets and apcs Israel tore them a new one in six days with Egypt and co join
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by mikolo80: 11:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
EternalTruths:

Determination without weapons strategy tactics combat skills etc will win you no victory

Iran can produced a lot of her modern arms. Something Nigeria has frustrated due to the fear that the technological Igbos will be the greatest beneficiaries who will use it to split up Nigeria
Google six day war.Iran is a washout
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by mikolo80: 11:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Let me give you this perfect example.

Do you know that the Nigerian military was heavily outnumbered by the shiites? But who had the upper hand? Of course the soldiers because they were using AK47 rifles while the shiites were using locally made catapaults. Those millions of soldiers we have can be killed with just 1 nuclear weapon. Just 1.

They dont need to man all their weapons to beat us. I still love my country though but please lets tell ourselves the truth. Look at how these boko haram rats are killing them and you think they can face Iran
Forget that boko haram thing. Its politics of sabotage.can you not hear the way ppl are getting rich off boko?
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by mikolo80: 11:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
hakanai:
Same stupid perception people ascribe to every conflict. You can use the instances of wars where the stronger still never gets to win. Example is the typical US Taliban war. You also have the Syria war. We have a lot in histories tied to war that people like Alexander the great defeated the Persians. You have hear in Africa where Ethiopia defeated the colonial masters. Read Tsun Tzu and see how he made his on name defeating a bigger army.

So war is not by advance weaponary alone it is a combination of so many things. Even the fact you are adapt to Nigeria environment is a plus in war. Again you can look at alliances. At the moment Iran will not even dear it. Internationally most of our allies today are anti Iran. UK,USA,Israel etc will not allow it. Even Russia will be against it because they would prefer they are not force to side anyone.

Point of correction in the middle east defence hardware, after Israel is Saudi. As of 2 years back USA also approved additional defence procurement for a lot of gulf states to reduce Iran's influence. So nations like Qatar,UAE,Bahrain,Jordan etc have being upgrading to advance weaponaries.

Only draw back is if Iran gets a nuclear bomb. Only treat to Nigeria at the moment would be if they try to fund or encourage insurgency or terror to the nation.

At the moment they Iran stand to gain more being nice to us than the reverse. They need the friendship more to prove there global relevance.Again nothing will happen. Before now or ties were not good following the arms shipment in apapa and many other incidence linked to them.

At the moment Iranian military lacks the capability or alliances to project a significant war or conflict into Africa. Without dare consequences. I mean Nigeria will enjoy the support so many ECOWAS and AU nations mostly neighbors with us here as a start.

My take Iran just need to calm down and mind there business.
we never talk yahoo boys shutting Iran down oh
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by mikolo80: 12:05am On Dec 19, 2015
kettykings:

What surprises me the most is how Nigerians are quick to refer to some unknown defense policy with Russia, Britain, USA even Israel when a conflict of international proportion want to prop up. The same Nigeria that is encouraging the Palestinian state but fighting against the emergence of biafra, what manner of jokers.

The Nigerian military is very good only at shooting unarmed protesters and killing innocent women and children through starvation now an opportunity to to engage a country of lesser population, the hypocrites decide to sing a different song.

Any way may the soul of unarmed Shia and Ipob protesters shot by the same army that is supposed to protect them rest in peace.
Who told you army is there to protect you. Funny .its there to protect territorial integrity of nigeria.And Ipad and shio are threatening that territory
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by DerideGull(m): 2:31am On Dec 19, 2015
Nigeria will be turned into a laughing stock in a hurry.
Re: In A Hypothetical War Scenario The Iranian Army Will Take Nigeria To The Floor. by GoodMuyis(m): 8:01am On Dec 19, 2015
Cholls:
my brother go and seat down jor. How can you be so confident that iran can out run nigeria if we should go to war?. Do you think war is won by how much you use to buy uniform every year for their soldiers? Am asking?. Now listen intently, war is won by DETERMINATION.

More than DETERMINATION is needed, checking the record Saddam has determine to remain in and hold on Kuwait during the gulf war and is ready to fight the UN force but his force was put to flight, even the fearful Republican Guards could position was shattered, and don't forget as at then Saddam had built the third largest army in the world.

DETERMINATION will work when you have the resources needed in war: either overwhelming number OR heavy firepower (the case of Korean war)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Shows DNA Test Of Jubril/buhari / The Highest Paid Presidents In Africa - No 1 Is In Central Africa / FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.