Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,746 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives (10574 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Bayelsa Man Shows His Two Wives On Facebook (Photos) / This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 9:57am On Dec 21, 2015
Chubbiehills:
You keep the two rooms at different ends making it ensuits then you make the sitting room to b centralised!

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Chidoks(f): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

1. My wife is well informed of my decision and this was communicated to her before marriage.

2. You are definitely getting it wrong. It is never about tasting different 'soups'. If it were, I would have been cheating on her with different women but never did. Keeping more than one wife is not always about tasting different 'soups'. Have you thought of taking care of widows and divorcees?
Anyway, I would still prefer to have another woman in my house than to be womanizing around. It is a lesser evil.

3. Let me briefly highligh some points for your consideration on the issue of women deserving to taste different 'soups'. I still remember that
i. once a woman is married, her last name is changed to that of the husband
ii. children bear the last name of the father.
iii. it is the responsibility of the husband to take care of the financial needs of his wife and even to some extent the wife's family.
iv. it is the husband that pays bride price/dowry on the wife
Until the above changes, the status qua as regards polygamy remains.

4. Thank you.

Sir please l truly want to know why men go into polygamy or specifically why you would want to plan for polygamy before even contracting your first marriage. I ask because for you it's not about the different soup thing(as you mentioned) so what could be the reason. Your answer may help me understand something I've been pondering on.
++you can take care of widows and divorcees without getting involved(so I think)

2 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2015
Chidoks:

Sir please l truly want to know why men go into polygamy or specifically why you would want to plan for polygamy before even contracting your first marriage. I ask because for you it's not about the different soup thing(as you mentioned) so what could be the reason. Your answer may help me understand something I've been pondering on.
++you can take care of widows and divorcees without getting involved(so I think)

Let me share with you an article written by Tola Adeniyi, a former MD of Daily Times titled "Agony of monogamy"

It was at the church service for the 90th birthday of the legendary matriarch of the Awolowo dynasty, Dr. Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo, in Ikenne, Ogun State that the thoughts that prompted this article began. Some well known highly placed gentlemen and their wives were called upon to partake in the wine sipping, bread breaking ritual called Holy Communion. As soon as these respectable ladies and gentlemen, all of them past age 70, and amongst whom were renowned professors, high court judges, legal luminaries and business moguls, finished their spiritual blessing and were returning to their seats, they caught a pitiable sight in their over-flowing garb of hypocrisy.
They wore forlorn mien plastered with furrowed frowned faces like some one afflicted with putrid smell of heavy dose of fart. They looked as if they were mourning a three-year-old boy mistakenly killed by his own father, or the passing of a poor woman who has just succumbed to excruciatingly painful cancer.
They clung to their wives as if they were newly wedded. I temporarily forgot that I was in a holy Church, the spiritual enclave of Christians. I almost laughed my head off because I knew each of the ‘holy’ ‘monogamous’ men intimately and by Jove, I knew of their second, third or fourth wives/liaisons/mistresses with whom they had sired several children. To the whole world they were champions of monogamy, but to their hearts and conscience they were celebrated polygamists, or at best, serial monogamists. Pshaw!
I saw pain written all over them, the agony of living a lie, the unease of hypocrisy, and the shame of going through life pretending to be what you are not.
This is the sort of agony a lot of the so-called monogamists go through all their lives. The series of lies they sell to their wives, and the double life they present to their pastors and church leaders, most of whom are actually equally guilty of hypocrisy and double life living.
This piece is not set out to condemn or criticise monogamy. Monogamy is perfect for those who believe in its concept and can genuinely keep to it. I too have been married to one lovely woman for almost 45 years and it has been like a marriage made in heaven. I happen also to be the promoter along with some friends the 35-year-old Family Club of Nigeria which is dedicated to the upliftment and celebration of marriage and family values.
The article is designed to expose the hypocrisy and pain associated with embracing false notions which are really not observed by any culture in the world, and to advise those who erroneously sentence themselves to a life of sadness and emptiness because they were deceived to believe that there is some utopia somewhere called monogamy.
I am very much aware that this article will generate a lot of controversy most especially from those who live holier-than-thou life and have continued to deceive the world that they are upholders of a doctrine that is not supported by true and enlightened interpretation of any religious doctrine.
The white men, I am yet to see any human being whose skin colour is like that of chalk, came and told the unfortunate lands they invaded that the cherished cultures, traditions and religions of such lands were rubbish, and instead indoctrinated them with values which they themselves never believed in or truly practiced. We know of King Henry Vlll, and several major historical figures in ‘Christian’ Europe who had more than one wife in addition of a string of wives who their ‘laws’ forbade them to address as wives but who nonetheless perform all the functions of wife minus name.
God bless President Mitterrand who openly confessed to having two women in his life, with the one in the other house with whom he fathered an 18-year-old daughter at the time he passed on.
I have schooled, worked and lived virtually in all the continents of the world and I make bold to say with all emphasis at my disposal that no culture on planet earth truly practices monogamy. My Greek, Italian, Russian, British, American and other Caucasians routinely visit their other wives [called by other names] with whom they have children. But back in the homes shared with the one carrying the ring, they are monogamists!
If God had wanted humanity to be monogamous He or She would not have made the pigeon the only monogamous creature.
The cultures that practice polygamy had always known that at any given time, the number of available marriageable women far out number available men plus the fact that an 80-year-old man, if he has money, is still very much in the market whereas a 60-year-old woman may not be that lucky. The biological limitation to a woman’s productive age is also a factor. Why should a woman therefore remain on the shelf till age 45 when she could jolly well get married as second or sixth wife to a man who can afford to share life’s responsibilities with her? Why should a woman leave a man with whom she is No 1, simply because took a second wife and end up being numberless in the hands of several men with whom she naturally shares bed just because of some doctrine she hardly understands?
All the women who should go and marry but are saying they do not want to share their man with another woman in a polygamous setting, are sharing current boyfriends with several other women. Where is the logic?
The argument that children in a polygamous house are always at each other’s throat does not hold water. Many siblings of monogamous families are known to have had worse and irresolvable, irreconcilable squabble, with dirty bitterness over inheritance than children from different mothers.
The agony suffered by both men and women in the hand of unnatural laws and doctrines is too stifling for comfort. In 2002, five hundred and two Reverend mothers were reported to have died while procuring abortion in Rome. Nigerian Tribune wrote an editorial on the unfortunate incident. And stories of Reverend fathers having children and sodomising young men in their care are legion! Why the hypocrisy? Why should the world continue to live the life of Ostrich?
A well known Nigerian journalist hid his other wives from his wife because his religion would not permit of it and his wife, living in monogamy should not hear of it. At his funeral 9 Funeral Service programmes by his 9 wives surfaced and the woman parading the ring collapsed. It was the grace of God that prevented double interment that day!
The Western world which had not learnt the art of living amicably with more than one partner under the same roof has indulged in multiple serial marriages, divorcing innocent wives under flimsy excuses so that another woman can move in should not be measure of standard for the world. Thank God Mrs Hillary Clinton in the US and Mrs Cook in England were very much wiser. They refused to allow some indiscretion on the part of their husbands to ruin their marriages.
There was a well known American actor who passed on about a decade ago and all his 11 ex-wives with their numerous children attended his funeral. To ridicule the lie of their hypocritical existence, all the women were recognised and addressed as wives. As far as records show, the man had 11 wives!
Society must rethink this issue of pretentious monogamy vis-à-vis polygamy so that in the not-too-distant future we do not end up with millions of unmarried women whose life style would be worse than prostitutes’ and millions of children whose fathers would be nowhere to be found.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by subnormal: 10:36am On Dec 21, 2015
Op, since you intend having both under the same roof, you should consider 2 semi-detached duplex layout.... 2 kitchens, shared or different compounds. .. You can work out the rest with your architect
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Chubbiehills(f): 10:38am On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

Thank you
my pleasure
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 10:39am On Dec 21, 2015
subnormal:
Op, since you intend having both under the same roof, you should consider 2 semi-detached duplex layout.... 2 kitchens, shared or different compounds. .. You can work out the rest with your architect

Thank you.
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by zemaye: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2015
op
depends on your pocket
women will prefer everything seperate
but since you want one roof
seperate rooms and a large family kitchen and sitting rooms will be appropriate
but I must confess if the man is not a disciplinarian it will be chaos.
I have a relation with 3 wives and a mansion
seperate rooms and all but massive living room amd kitchen
area.
he is a discipline man to the core and he is rich.

All the wives knows thier place,no issues!
let me add that mummy 1, handles all the kids need so if you say na mummy 3 born you, you must ask mummy 1 for all those kiddies needs so it foster some kind of harmony.
till date its when specific child in that house say this is my mum you will know the biological mum,
if not you can never guess.
I like the mans home they are happy.
best wishes with yours. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 11:22am On Dec 21, 2015
zemaye:
op
depends on your pocket
women will prefer everything seperate
but since you want one roof
seperate rooms and a large family kitchen and sitting rooms will be appropriate
but I must confess if the man is not a disciplinarian it will be chaos.
I have a relation with 3 wives and a mansion
seperate rooms and all but massive living room amd kitchen
area.
he is a discipline man to the core and he is rich.

All the wives knows thier place,no issues!
let me add that mummy 1, handles all the kids need so if you say na mummy 3 born you, you must ask mummy 1 for all those kiddies needs so it foster some kind of harmony.
till date its when specific child in that house say this is my mum you will know the biological mum,
if not you can never guess.
I like the mans home they are happy.
best wishes with yours. smiley

Thank you, your comment is much appreciated. I am falling for the idea of separate en suite rooms, separate kitchen and same living room.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by zemaye: 11:45am On Dec 21, 2015
you ca add mini living rooms each if you please for some privacy when they have guest
mostyg:

Thank you, your comment is much appreciated. I am falling for the idea of separate en suite rooms, separate kitchen and same living room.

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Chidoks(f): 11:50am On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

Let me share with you an article written by Tola Adeniyi, a former MD of Daily Times titled "Agony of monogamy"

It was at the church service for the 90th birthday of the legendary matriarch of the Awolowo dynasty, Dr. Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo, in Ikenne, Ogun State that the thoughts that prompted this article began. Some well known highly placed gentlemen and their wives were called upon to partake in the wine sipping, bread breaking ritual called Holy Communion. As soon as these respectable ladies and gentlemen, all of them past age 70, and amongst whom were renowned professors, high court judges, legal luminaries and business moguls, finished their spiritual blessing and were returning to their seats, they caught a pitiable sight in their over-flowing garb of hypocrisy.
They wore forlorn mien plastered with furrowed frowned faces like some one afflicted with putrid smell of heavy dose of fart. They looked as if they were mourning a three-year-old boy mistakenly killed by his own father, or the passing of a poor woman who has just succumbed to excruciatingly painful cancer.
They clung to their wives as if they were newly wedded. I temporarily forgot that I was in a holy Church, the spiritual enclave of Christians. I almost laughed my head off because I knew each of the ‘holy’ ‘monogamous’ men intimately and by Jove, I knew of their second, third or fourth wives/liaisons/mistresses with whom they had sired several children. To the whole world they were champions of monogamy, but to their hearts and conscience they were celebrated polygamists, or at best, serial monogamists. Pshaw!
I saw pain written all over them, the agony of living a lie, the unease of hypocrisy, and the shame of going through life pretending to be what you are not.
This is the sort of agony a lot of the so-called monogamists go through all their lives. The series of lies they sell to their wives, and the double life they present to their pastors and church leaders, most of whom are actually equally guilty of hypocrisy and double life living.
This piece is not set out to condemn or criticise monogamy. Monogamy is perfect for those who believe in its concept and can genuinely keep to it. I too have been married to one lovely woman for almost 45 years and it has been like a marriage made in heaven. I happen also to be the promoter along with some friends the 35-year-old Family Club of Nigeria which is dedicated to the upliftment and celebration of marriage and family values.
The article is designed to expose the hypocrisy and pain associated with embracing false notions which are really not observed by any culture in the world, and to advise those who erroneously sentence themselves to a life of sadness and emptiness because they were deceived to believe that there is some utopia somewhere called monogamy.
I am very much aware that this article will generate a lot of controversy most especially from those who live holier-than-thou life and have continued to deceive the world that they are upholders of a doctrine that is not supported by true and enlightened interpretation of any religious doctrine.
The white men, I am yet to see any human being whose skin colour is like that of chalk, came and told the unfortunate lands they invaded that the cherished cultures, traditions and religions of such lands were rubbish, and instead indoctrinated them with values which they themselves never believed in or truly practiced. We know of King Henry Vlll, and several major historical figures in ‘Christian’ Europe who had more than one wife in addition of a string of wives who their ‘laws’ forbade them to address as wives but who nonetheless perform all the functions of wife minus name.
God bless President Mitterrand who openly confessed to having two women in his life, with the one in the other house with whom he fathered an 18-year-old daughter at the time he passed on.
I have schooled, worked and lived virtually in all the continents of the world and I make bold to say with all emphasis at my disposal that no culture on planet earth truly practices monogamy. My Greek, Italian, Russian, British, American and other Caucasians routinely visit their other wives [called by other names] with whom they have children. But back in the homes shared with the one carrying the ring, they are monogamists!
If God had wanted humanity to be monogamous He or She would not have made the pigeon the only monogamous creature.
The cultures that practice polygamy had always known that at any given time, the number of available marriageable women far out number available men plus the fact that an 80-year-old man, if he has money, is still very much in the market whereas a 60-year-old woman may not be that lucky. The biological limitation to a woman’s productive age is also a factor. Why should a woman therefore remain on the shelf till age 45 when she could jolly well get married as second or sixth wife to a man who can afford to share life’s responsibilities with her? Why should a woman leave a man with whom she is No 1, simply because took a second wife and end up being numberless in the hands of several men with whom she naturally shares bed just because of some doctrine she hardly understands?
All the women who should go and marry but are saying they do not want to share their man with another woman in a polygamous setting, are sharing current boyfriends with several other women. Where is the logic?
The argument that children in a polygamous house are always at each other’s throat does not hold water. Many siblings of monogamous families are known to have had worse and irresolvable, irreconcilable squabble, with dirty bitterness over inheritance than children from different mothers.
The agony suffered by both men and women in the hand of unnatural laws and doctrines is too stifling for comfort. In 2002, five hundred and two Reverend mothers were reported to have died while procuring abortion in Rome. Nigerian Tribune wrote an editorial on the unfortunate incident. And stories of Reverend fathers having children and sodomising young men in their care are legion! Why the hypocrisy? Why should the world continue to live the life of Ostrich?
A well known Nigerian journalist hid his other wives from his wife because his religion would not permit of it and his wife, living in monogamy should not hear of it. At his funeral 9 Funeral Service programmes by his 9 wives surfaced and the woman parading the ring collapsed. It was the grace of God that prevented double interment that day!
The Western world which had not learnt the art of living amicably with more than one partner under the same roof has indulged in multiple serial marriages, divorcing innocent wives under flimsy excuses so that another woman can move in should not be measure of standard for the world. Thank God Mrs Hillary Clinton in the US and Mrs Cook in England were very much wiser. They refused to allow some indiscretion on the part of their husbands to ruin their marriages.
There was a well known American actor who passed on about a decade ago and all his 11 ex-wives with their numerous children attended his funeral. To ridicule the lie of their hypocritical existence, all the women were recognised and addressed as wives. As far as records show, the man had 11 wives!
Society must rethink this issue of pretentious monogamy vis-à-vis polygamy so that in the not-too-distant future we do not end up with millions of unmarried women whose life style would be worse than prostitutes’ and millions of children whose fathers would be nowhere to be found.

The men in Tola Adeniyi's ''Agony of Monogamy" are men that went about sampling the proverbial soup but got hooked with pregnancies that made them keep multiple homes. They obviously never wanted polygamy and that made them keep secret homes and children.
In your case,you planned it,you wanted it,it may or may not come to pass but to you it wouldn't make any difference;I want to know why.
The men in Tola's piece are hypocrite Christians, who publicly shun polygamy but secretly practice it. But in your case madam was forewarned,so what makes polygamy ok to you? That's if you aren't a Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by cococandy(f): 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
@bold keep telling yourself that grin grin
Gang of philanthropists.

At least your other reason even though carnal is more sincere than this hogwash of taking care of widows and divorcees. Lekwa story. lipsrsealed
I'm not saying you don't have a right to make such decisions o. It's your life.

Just that The bolded I've heard severally and I just wanna point out how very amusing it is.
Shey who go take care of widowers and divorced men? Can the ladies marry many husbands to get widowers off the streets too cheesy

Or better still, why not stop marrying multitudes of women and dumping aka divorcing them when you sight younger fresher girls and creating this huge need for more mass marriages of older divorced ones.

You know that excuse is a very very weak pathetic lie.

mostyg:

1. My wife is well informed of my decision and this was communicated to her before marriage.

2. You are definitely getting it wrong. It is never about tasting different 'soups'. If it were, I would have been cheating on her with different women but never did. Keeping more than one wife is not always about tasting different 'soups'. Have you thought of taking care of widows and divorcees?
Anyway, I would still prefer to have another woman in my house than to be womanizing around. It is a lesser evil.

3. Let me briefly highligh some points for your consideration on the issue of women deserving to taste different 'soups'. I still remember that
i. once a woman is married, her last name is changed to that of the husband
ii. children bear the last name of the father.
iii. it is the responsibility of the husband to take care of the financial needs of his wife and even to some extent the wife's family.
iv. it is the husband that pays bride price/dowry on the wife
Until the above changes, the status qua as regards polygamy remains.

4. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
Chidoks:

The men in Tola Adeniyi's ''Agony of Monogamy" are men that went about sampling the proverbial soup but got hooked with pregnancies that made them keep multiple homes. They obviously never wanted polygamy and that made them keep secret homes and children.
In your case,you planned it,you wanted it,it may or may not come to pass but to you it wouldn't make any difference;I want to know why.
The men in Tola's piece are hypocrite Christians, who publicly shun polygamy but secretly practice it. But in your case madam was forewarned,so what makes polygamy ok to you? That's if you aren't a Muslim.

Men are polygamist by nature ( It could be by keeping multiples mistresses,multiple wives, multiple girlfriends, visiting prostitutes, etc) so the desire to have more than one partner at a time is always there.

Why do I want to have more than one wife, it is because I am a man (natural polygamist) and I want to keep and be RESPONSIBLE over my wives. I want my wives to know themselves, I want my children to know one another bearing my name. I want my wives to be proud bearing MRS and be respected in the society.I want to reduce the numbers of MISS that would eventually become someone mistress and destroy a happy home.
I want to have another wife because my society and faith permit it.
I would rather have another wife than to commit adultery.

2 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by VintageCocktail(m): 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

Men are polygamist by nature ( It could be by keeping multiples mistresses,multiple wives, multiple girlfriends, visiting prostitutes, etc) so the desire to have more than one partner at a time is always there.

Why do I want to have more than one wife, it is because I am a man (natural polygamist) and I want to keep and be RESPONSIBLE over my wives. I want my wives to know themselves, I want my children to know one another bearing my name. I want my wives to be proud bearing MRS and be respected in the society.I want to reduce the numbers of MISS that would eventually become someone mistress and destroy a happy home.
I want to have another wife because my society and faith permit it.
I would rather have another wife than to commit adultery.
Total hogwash.

No one want a wife because of the stories you pasted rather they want it for the satisfaction of their sexual needs.
You are playing God by " helping to give Mrs title to spinster's" story. Do you ever put the feelings of the supposed women into consideration, just bunch of "I's" all over your writeup.
Better build separate houses for each and every one of those concubines, jealousy can brew just by hearing the moaning sound of sexual pleasure emanating from the other room, the lesser they see each other the safer you are and the less chances of them killing you in any brawls.
It is not all about woes but threesoming can be an advantage.

6 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
VintageCocktail:
Total hogwash.

No one want a wife because of the stories you pasted rather they want it for the satisfaction of their sexual needs.
You are playing God by " helping to give Mrs title to spinster's" story. Do you ever put the feelings of the supposed women into consideration, just bunch of "I's" all over your writeup.
Better build separate houses for each and every one of those concubines, jealousy can brew just by hearing the moaning sound of sexual pleasure emanating from the other room, the lesser they see each other the safer you are and the less chances of them killing you in any brawls.
It is not all about woes but threesoming can be an advantage.

Are you saying the only reason you got married is to satisfy your sexual urge?

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by VintageCocktail(m): 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

Are you saying the only reason you got married is to satisfy your sexual urge?
This is not about me but you.
Getting married and doing the marriage stuff again with another person. What the hell are you looking for? Didn't you do courtship before tying the knots because I am wondering what again you are searching for , if not to have an opportunity to cheat legally.

You won't get A in all things. Whomever you are taking in will have her flaws which when combined with the existing flaws of the first lady is a recipe for disaster.

If you still want them go ahead, they are all here.

8 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by EfemenaXY: 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:
Hello nairalanders,

I want to build a house and intend providing for two wives. How best do you think I should go about it? Do I separate their apartments or just their kitchen? Has anybody found himself in this situation before and how were you able to deal with it?

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Just admit it. The true intention of your thread is to get people on here buy into your idea of having all night threes0mes and f0urs0mes. You kinky man.

With that being the case and your wife is totally understanding of your intention to have an open relationship with her, I hope you do extend the same courtesy of allowing her have great sex with other men by virtue of marrying them too. The four of you can share one bed. i.e: two men and two women. You just need to get your local carpenter construct a larger bed, or line up two double beds together.

That aside, your idea sounds great to me. Your kids will have at least two fathers and two mothers each. They shall never lack parental care / attention.

Don't go into acquiring separate apartments. The rule should be one for all and all for one. If the financial burden will be too much for you to bear, get the second husband chip in. Every Kobo counts.

6 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by Joy1706(f): 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin

Kanwuliajara come and look into this matter. I don't even know what to say again grin grin grin
What us your deal with kanwuliajara sef? You can't make a comment without calling her. Just asking ni o

2 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by tpiar: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by tpiar: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
tpiar:
Why is the op talking of two when he's supposed to have at least four plus concubines.

So, dont build for two, build for a minimum of four.

I am talking about two because that's what I can afford for now. I don't do and will never do concubine, God help me.
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Just admit it. The true intention of your thread is to get people on here buy into your idea of having all night threes0mes and f0urs0mes. You kinky man.

With that being the case and your wife is totally understanding of your intention to have an open relationship with her, I hope you do extend the same courtesy of allowing her have great sex with other men by virtue of marrying them too. The four of you can share one bed. i.e: two men and two women. You just need to get your local carpenter construct a larger bed, or line up two double beds together.

That aside, your idea sounds great to me. Your kids will have at least two fathers and two mothers each. They shall never lack parental care / attention.

Don't go into acquiring separate apartments. The rule should be one for all and all for one. If the financial burden will be too much for you to bear, get the second husband chip in. Every Kobo counts.

If my intention is to have 'threes0me' or 'fours0me' as you have affirmed, I would not be worrying myself about a specially design house for my wives comfort. After all, it is cheaper with those thin legged side-chicks than to having someone as a wife.

I believe so much in family composition, where every child could trace his/her origin. Why do you think it is the man that pays the bride price? If he could pay for one, what stops him for paying for two, three etc. Why is it that it is the woman that changes her father's name to her husband name, thereby more or less loosing her identity. Why is it that the husband is the one responsible for the (financial) well being of the woman and that of her family. As long as all these are in place, a woman does not have the right to marry more than one husband unless she is divorced or widowed. Men and women are equal but different in their rights, obligations and duties.

My take..

4 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
VintageCocktail:
This is not about me but you.
Getting married and doing the marriage stuff again with another person. What the hell are you looking for? Didn't you do courtship before tying the knots because I am wondering what again you are searching for , if not to have an opportunity to cheat legally.

You won't get A in all things. Whomever you are taking in will have her flaws which when combined with the existing flaws of the first lady is a recipe for disaster.

If you still want them go ahead, they are all here.

Since you have suggested these set of animals, I will take my points from here. A farmer intending to rear goats would not buy one he-goat and one-she goat, he would maximize the ability of the he-goat to serve at least 3 to 4 she-goats. My point is that only he-goat is enough for all your four beautiful displayed she-goats.

Note: I am not comparing man with goat but I think with goats he brought forth, my points would be better understood.

4 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by VintageCocktail(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

Since you have suggested these set of animals, I will take my points from here. A farmer intending to rear goats would not buy one he-goat and one-she goat, he would maximize the ability of the he-goat to serve at least 3 to 4 she-goats. My point is that only he-goat is enough for all your four beautiful displayed she-goats.

Note: I am not comparing man with goat but I think with goats he brought forth, my points would be better understood.
A farmer needs only a he goat to match as much shegoats as possible to maximize profits from the many kids that will be produced. This is for profit bases,. In the olden days, our great grandfathers are encouraged to marry as much as they can take care of to help in farming and also to begat a good number of kids for the same farming.
Now a grown ass!! man in this modern era marrying more than one wife begs the question , what for?? Help for farmlands or ? If not for carnal urge, prevent ??"cheating" which will eventually happen anyway and the fantasy of having both in bed at the same time!!

3 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by EfemenaXY: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

If my intention is to have 'threes0me' or 'fours0me' as you have affirmed, I would not be worrying myself about a specially design house for my wives comfort. After all, it is cheaper with those thin legged side-chicks than to having someone as a wife.

Actually aren't you allowed to marry four wives and to have as many concubines as possible? So why stop at a mere two? You'll be doing yourself a disservice. Go for the maximum man, even if it kills you. What better way to die than to exit this world in the arms of several women? Sounds like total heaven.

mostyg:
I believe so much in family composition, where every child could trace his/her origin.

Nah, you believe in unbridled exchange of bodily fluids. Bed hopping things as per when you finish with Mrs A, you won't need to wipe her off you before jumping into Mrs B and releasing yourself in there. Then taking that mixture of A and B still on you and inserting it into the Mrs C, then doing the same to Mrs D lipsrsealed

mostyg:
Why do you think it is the man that pays the bride price?

Does he? And what's the significance of the bride price? Or more importantly, what makes you think the woman can't pay the man's brideprice either? Afterall, it's not uncommon for women to woe men with money, foot the entire bill of all three weddings (traditional, court, and or church / mosque) abi? So how's that any different? I mean even on nland, the dating section is full of guys like you advertising their "wares" to sugar mummies.

mostyg:
If he could pay for one, what stops him for paying for two, three etc.

Likewise, nothing stops the woman from paying for, and marrying more than one man. Infact, come to think of it, for every extra woman you pay for to live under your roof, those women are entitled to bring in, and sire kids with younger men under that same roof. Besides, you can't satisfy them all. Someone younger, more virile, more energetic, and probably more handsome and fit would be needed to help you out with all those women you intend to purchase.

mostyg:
Why is it that it is the woman that changes her father's name to her husband name, thereby more or less loosing her identity.

Get real.

Not all women change their names completely. It's now the trend for younger girls to keep their maiden names even while married.

mostyg:
Why is it that the husband is the one responsible for the (financial) well being of the woman and that of her family.

So women don't go to school, acquire degrees, and work? Women can't do all of what you mentioned and more? Sorry, what part / region of Nigeria do you come from?

mostyg:
As long as all these are in place, a woman does not have the right to marry more than one husband unless she is divorced or widowed. Men and women are equal but different in their rights, obligations and duties.

My take..

You aren't in the Dark Ages. Women are free to be whoever, do whatever, go wherever they want to be - irrespective of what men like you think.

Welcome to the 21st century.

7 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by EfemenaXY: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
VintageCocktail:
A farmer needs only a he goat to match as much shegoats as possible to maximize profits from the many kids that will be produced. This is for profit bases,. In the olden days, our great grandfathers are encouraged to marry as much as they can take care of to help in farming and also to begat a good number of kids for the same farming.
Now a grown ass!! man in this modern era marrying more than one wife begs the question , what for?? Help for farmlands or ? If not for carnal urge, prevent ??"cheating" which will eventually happen anyway and the fantasy of having both in bed at the same time!!

So in your eyes, women are no better than she-goats?

Does that apply to the female members of your family, inclusive of your mother, aunts, and sisters?
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by crackhaus: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:
Hello nairalanders,

I want to build a house and intend providing for two wives. How best do you think I should go about it? Do I separate their apartments or just their kitchen? Has anybody found himself in this situation before and how were you able to deal with it?

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Separate apartments bro, with another small man-cave you can retreat to just to have some alone time to yourself...trust me, you gonna need it.

You're a man after my own heart. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by crackhaus: 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
@mostyg, don't let these women here deceive you oo...
They will search the length, breadth, and width of the sane world before they'll see two grown men willing to be co-husbands to them. grin

Abi is their name Madonna...
Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by VintageCocktail(m): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

So in your eyes, women are no better than she-goats?

Does that apply to the female members of your family, inclusive of your mother, aunts, and sisters?
Please, kindly allow me to have a conversation with a fellow man. Not in the mode for female emotional tirades. Thanks.

But,

Does it mean that those are what you picked up from my post?
Well..
Yeah..men= he goat ( myself, brothers, father, uncle)
Women= she goat ( my mother, sisters, aunts). Happy now sad
I do not have the luxury of explaining in details and I wish you don't have to see the analogue as offensive.

5 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by crackhaus: 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
^^^

5 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by mostyg(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
VintageCocktail:

If our grandfathers did it successful, what stops us from doing same, modernity I guess. The same modernity that does not promote family virtues, same modernity that promotes single motherhood, that tags adultery with a beautiful name 'affairs', same modernity where everyone would say with pride "my ex" ( ex-bf, ex-gf, ex-husband, ex-wife, ex-partner), same modernity that recognizes gay and lesbians right, same modernity that promotes women as object of nothing but sex ( how do you explain what a woman has to do with the advertisement of engine oil, tyre etc).

It is that same modern era that brings the fantasy of having two women in bed at the same time.My grandfather never did that. Mind you, you don't have to be a polygamist before you fantasize having two women in bed at the same time, two prostitutes would even do 'better'.
I don't want to be identify with the vices of the modern era.

I would rather take clues from my grandfather and adapt it to the modern era.

My take..

7 Likes

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by EfemenaXY: 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
VintageCocktail:
Please, kindly allow me to have a conversation with a fellow man. Not in the mode for female emotional tirades. Thanks.

But,

Does it mean that those are what you picked up from my post?
Well..
Yeah..men= he goat ( myself, brothers, father, uncle)
Women= she goat ( my mother, sisters, aunts). Happy now sad
I do not have the luxury of explaining in details and I wish you don't have to see the analogue as offensive.

I'm not the one losing my rag here, you are.

Re the bolded: Since you insist on baring your polygyny woes in the Family section and are adamant on sourcing contributions from only the male folk, why not go to the Boys Only Thread? I'm sure you'll get the testosterone fuelled advice you so desperately seek. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives by crackhaus: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
mostyg:

As long as all these are in place, a woman does not have the right to marry more than one husband unless she is divorced or widowed. Men and women are equal but different in their rights, obligations and duties.

My take..
It's got nothing to do with rights, women can decide to marry two or more if they want...the problem is finding the two men willing to do that with her.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Im Going To Nigeria This Dec, What Shall I Get For His Entire Family? / Is It A Woman's Responsibility/duty To Wash Her Husband's Clothes? / Simple Tips For A Happy Marriage ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.