Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,535 members, 7,958,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? (57808 Views)

How To Make Money Drop Shipping/importing From Nigeria Without Capital / Which Other Business Can You Do Than Buying Real Estate / China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by MRBrownJ: 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by smartdebiz(m): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
Obeenah:

Checked out the site. Overly priced I must say. How do u buy at these prices?
What do you want to buy? If you compare their prices with amazon, ebay, bestbuy, which do not ship most items to Nigeria, then you will like them. Remember, to buy from amazon, ebay etc. you need a virtuals US Address which charges monthly fees + shipping cost, then add up all these and then compare to Overstock prices.
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by erico2k2(m): 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
bobo65:

I say again 15m na change
U can stroll down to idioro Mushin n see for urself the amt of containers one person offloads

I never said I have more than u and I'm not arguing assets with u

There will always be documents to prove u paid money to the person

And such person won't close down his multi billion dollar company cos of Ur 15m

Don't be too quick too say negative things
From.what you are saying I can conclude you are a kid born after 1990.That's the mentality I'm persiving from you.when you grow older do your biz that way.Those people who transfer such sum of money already have letters of credit and MOUs. Plus guarantees. It did not start from one day.watch and learn.

4 Likes

Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by iAmGee770: 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
phonesNgadgets:
Though I ship from US, but I believe I can still make a resourceful contribution.

For those of you who import from China, you will duff your hat,cap abi na beret you wear grin when you hear how much it costs us to import from US/Canada & Europe, if you are a mini-importer. In most cases, our selling prices are higher than those importing from China; but on a personal note, there is a way I go about it, which makes my prices be on the same level or even lower to that of China importers, and with added advantage of superior quality smiley.

One thing is that I import high quality products ( Even those that were made in China meet US quality control standard) which gives me the confidence to add mark-up profit to my cost price and those who need the good won't resist it.

Secondly, I try as much as possible to import a lot of different goods at a time (even those things I need personally) to absorb the shipping fee. For instance if I buy footwear, watches, shirts; I may also buy radio,mini-speakers etc which have lesser weight and are lower in price. By the time the shipping fee is spread on all these items, the cost becomes lesser, which makes the unit prices of each good lesser to the local price or on a par.

Thirdly, I take my time to watch out for deal&offers on the websites I buy from. This gives me the advantage of buying quality products at a very good price. Bro, if no be dem shipping charges, customs duties and GTBank exchange rate, I for don acquire my own plot of land for Eko Atlantic City cheesy In this our importation biz.

But I bless Jah! smiley We are doing fine. If I ain't doing fine, I won't get a local investor who has never met me face-to-face; and yet believed in my dream and invested in my business. This same importation business of course!

On a last note, I lay emphasis on the quality of the goods and the country of origin, which actually gives an edge.
Nice one! Pls I've gat interest in this importation biz but really don't knw how to go abt it. Can you put me thru?
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by bobo65(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2016
erico2k2:

From.what you are saying I can conclude you are a kid born after 1990.That's the mentality I'm persiving from you.when you grow older do U biz that way.does people who transfer such sum of mo ey already have letters of credit ant MOUs. Plus guarantees. It did not start from one day.watch and learn.

Y are u stressing on this?
Iv already said u r gonna sign papers
Must I give full details of what u gonna sign

I still say again, 15m na change
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by erico2k2(m): 2:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
bobo65:

Y are u stressing on this?
Iv already said u r gonna sign papers
Must I give full details of what u gonna sign

I still say again, 15m na change
Did you not sign papers when your NYSC papers showed you was p/time student?plz focus in your youth service enjoy it while it last.cos after that 1ok alawee nah to get job wey go pay you 15M.
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by erico2k2(m): 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
phonesNgadgets:
Though I ship from US, but I believe I can still make a resourceful contribution.

For those of you who import from China, you will duff your hat,cap abi na beret you wear grin when you hear how much it costs us to import from US/Canada & Europe, if you are a mini-importer. In most cases, our selling prices are higher than those importing from China; but on a personal note, there is a way I go about it, which makes my prices be on the same level or even lower to that of China importers, and with added advantage of superior quality smiley.

One thing is that I import high quality products ( Even those that were made in China meet US quality control standard) which gives me the confidence to add mark-up profit to my cost price and those who need the good won't resist it.

Secondly, I try as much as possible to import a lot of different goods at a time (even those things I need personally) to absorb the shipping fee. For instance if I buy footwear, watches, shirts; I may also buy radio,mini-speakers etc which have lesser weight and are lower in price. By the time the shipping fee is spread on all these items, the cost becomes lesser, which makes the unit prices of each good lesser to the local price or on a par.

Thirdly, I take my time to watch out for deal&offers on the websites I buy from. This gives me the advantage of buying quality products at a very good price. Bro, if no be dem shipping charges, customs duties and GTBank exchange rate, I for don acquire my own plot of land for Eko Atlantic City cheesy In this our importation biz.

But I bless Jah! smiley We are doing fine. If I ain't doing fine, I won't get a local investor who has never met me face-to-face; and yet believed in my dream and invested in my business. This same importation business of course!

On a last note, I lay emphasis on the quality of the goods and the country of origin, which actually gives an edge.
Have you tried shipping fru barrels they term to be fixed cost in shipping whatever you fill it with.its £120 -£180 from UK to Lagos.
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hello guys.Now that CBN has banned e-transaction with ATM whats thr way out #confused
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by bfa: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Alot of factors can be responsible for this. First and foremost you need to go for a product that will be acceptable in Nigerian's market. It must be a product you believe in yourself. Ensure the product is bought cheaper, your bargaining power to buy it cheaper has a lot to do with your profit at the end of the day because you cannot negotiate the shipping cost. Ensure you buy from the manufacturer to get it cheaper and have the product customised for you.Cheap exchange rate is a big factor for profit making too.etc, etc
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by phonesNgadgets: 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
iAmGee770:
Nice one! Pls I've gat interest in this importation biz but really don't knw how to go abt it. Can you put me thru?
To the best of my knowledge.
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by greggng: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
RapLawd:

Here is my number if you re on whatsapp add me on 08062593234 greg is my name

Really

Reply my pm ASAP bro
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by bobo65(m): 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
erico2k2:

Did you not sign papers when your NYSC papers showed you was p/time student?plz focus in your youth service enjoy it while it last.cos after that 1ok alawee nah to get job wey go pay you 15M.

Wanted to say sometin I "persived" abt u ,but I'm sure someone else would have told u

Have a nice day!
Pls don't quote me
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by erico2k2(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
bobo65:

Wanted to say sometin I "persived" abt u ,but I'm sure someone else would have told u

Have a nice day!
Pls don't quote me
Kid go and play with ur mates.
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by DrPhilABd: 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Abeg teach me thy ways oh lady/madame
skentelelady:
As for me I don't pay for shipping and my goods come in thru dhl

I ensure I buy an amount that qualifies for free express shipping by seller

The reason I don't buy in Lagos is because all their items are common due to mass production. When u buy from china, buy what isn't common that when u bring in to sell u can add more money since people will see Ur things being different and unique.
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by erico2k2(m): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
bfa:
Alot of factors can be responsible for this. First and foremost you need to go for a product that will be acceptable in Nigerian's market. It must be a product you believe in yourself. Ensure the product is bought cheaper, your bargaining power to buy it cheaper has a lot to do with your profit at the end of the day because you cannot negotiate the shipping cost. Ensure you buy from the manufacturer to get it cheaper and have the product customised for you.Cheap exchange rate is a big factor for profit making too.etc, etc
What kind of goods can U buy frm a factory in china for N100k? don't forget factory never have goods on ground they produce when you order.and they have minimum qty and deposit %30 well most of them
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by kizyalex10(m): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
Let me now break it down to u,most drug dealers,who smuggle drugs to China or guys working or hustling in china,know that after they save up or carry that drug money in quantity,that they won't be allowed to cross the airport with it,so the only way to cross that money is to buy goods in containers,they won't mind to sell the goods @. The same price they bought it without intrest jst to recover thier money.because they know they can't take raw cash pass the airport.am talking out of experience because am an importer.nt a drug dealer ooooooo kiss

1 Like

Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by iAmGee770: 4:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
phonesNgadgets:
To the best of my knowledge.
How to go abt it. Where do I start from?
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by phonesNgadgets: 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
iAmGee770:
How to go abt it. Where do I start from?
You can follow my signature, so that we don't derail the thread here.

1 Like

Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by aniseamos(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
smartdebiz:
What do you want to buy? If you compare their prices with amazon, ebay, bestbuy, which do not ship most items to Nigeria, then you will like them. Remember, to buy from amazon, ebay etc. you need a virtuals US Address which charges monthly fees + shipping cost, then add up all these and then compare to Overstock prices.

Don't ever buy anything with this plan or else you will blame yourself. If you cannot buy directly from the manufacturer at cheaper price and ship it to Nigeria, is better to buy it in Lagos Nigeria. Do not throw your customers out, you can still make it if you think you can.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by iMerchant: 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
phonesNgadgets:

My Oga, I remain humble and loyal sir. I thank God, business is expanding and moving forward. How your side too?

Yes bro, they need to realize that there are a lot of people out there who will pay through their nose to get quality goods;owing to their past experience with sub-standard/low quality goods.

Quality things comes with their price, but it gives both seller and buyer rest of mind. smiley
Boss, we are moving to greater heights come 2016. ( God willing)

Amen Boss
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by iMerchant: 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
bamasite:

All you have said are on point

Thanks
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by iMerchant: 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
shalomtemmy:
nice one, item 6 is so on point

Thanks. Glad you find it useful
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by CrownV12(m): 10:05am On Jan 05, 2016
iamfroshsylver:
Dear OP to the best knowledge of mine, importing frm china is not profitable. Most of those goods are cheaper in lagos. I have a friend that do import goods from china, the money he uses to clear those goods @ times is more than 2/3rd of the money he uses to buy the goods. As for me I get most of my goods from togo. I will prefer you check togo,though depending on what you are into. Cos @times cloths from lagos are cheaper most especially now that #100 is 435cefa. Depending on what you import anyway! Best of luck!
biko where is your own 435 cefa equal to N100 when exchange rate is 430 changing from cefa to naira... By implication this makes 500 cefa more than 200 Naira
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by boniquegalaxy(m): 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
Turbocharged:

You guys are just decieving urselves in the name of importing. How can some1 who has less than N300,000 want to venture into importatation? It all boil than to pride and misguided ambition.
There are a lot of things u can do with 50k or less and make more profit.
By the way, u guys are contributing to the death of Naija economy
Please kindly tell us your experience, other profitable businesses that can be done with that amount and how you have been contributing to Nigeria economy.
We are here to learn more.

Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by boniquegalaxy(m): 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
baba11:
Importation is profitable if you follow the nitty-gritty of it.First, go to the market may be where you intend to sell it an ask about the price,then go to their site and check out every products you want to buy.Make sure you contact the sellers and chat with him for any discount he might give you.I think those that say it's not profitable are not doing their home work very well.

As a case study,when I want to buy my tablet,i checked out different shops in Ikeja and enquired about the price,since I know it..I went online and search for my desirable choice of tablet... to say I saw many of them is an understatement.Finally, I chose one.

Infact,this particular one has more features than the ones @ the VILLAGE.

To summarise it, when I imported it,everything I spent including the agent fees(since I was first timer then) was less than the amount of it here I.e half its price

This particular one has dual boot setup while the one in naija can only work in windows interface mode whereas mine can toggle between windows and android OSes.

I think importers run at a loss due to their lack of diligent study and dollar to naira exchange rate.

But,anybody importing should know that THEY DO NOT PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE.... SO IF IT GET DAMAGE WHILE USING OR SOLD IT,YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. shocked
Please kindly tell me more about this tab.

1 Like

Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by baba11(m): 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
boniquegalaxy:

Please kindly tell me more about this tab.
Are you going to pay for consultancy service?

If so, pm me shocked

1 Like

Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by bobojoshua(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
acorntree:

aliexpress.com . i ordered to resell. you search for sellers that deal in only electronics components. first order for few samples ,later you can place large order. the secret is when placing large order you can always bargain with the seller to drastically reduce the price. also when searching , search based on the free shipping cheapest and most ordered. you know 1millon ic may not even weigh up to 2kg and also package in antistatic. with time you buy outside aliexpress platform and deal directly with the seller to remove 5% aliexpress charges, but that's based on trust

Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by shalomtemmy(f): 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
iMerchant:

Thanks. Glad you find it useful
you are welcome. Before I buy any goods for resale online, I check the shipping costs firsts it helps me determine my profit margin
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by yinkuschua(m): 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
Informative and educative... Learn everyday and researching isnt a crime...
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by iMerchant: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
shalomtemmy:

you are welcome. Before I buy any goods for resale online, I check the shipping costs firsts it helps me determine my profit margin

You are doing it wrong, Ma.

Doing that doesn't REALLY mean you aren't overpaying for the item.

Do your research before going online to buy.

Sometimes what looks like a good deal with FREE shipping might not be profitable by the time it landed in Nigeria except you aren't selling online.
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by warrenweste(m): 9:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
ib22003:
Dear OP its just bussiness those in lagos buy directly from the manufacturers atimes,whoes minimum order is 1 whole 20ft container. so they can sell at same price with those in the market in china.Am in india and atimes i have to travel long distances to place to help people buy goods from the manufacturers but its always worth it. You have to invest more but its always far cheaper. its bussiness the more you buy the better the price the more the profit. if you want to ressell to does in the market, you have to buy quantity. let me give you an example.i bought some designer shirts about 200 pieces from a manufacturer in india here, i had to travel for 15hours to get there.when i got back to my city and priced the shirt in a botique it was 500% more that the price i saw.Dont think of china only also. usa, uk, italy, india, bangladesh, turkey.there are many places that you can import good products from.

do u knw of any indian online store that operate like alibaba?
Re: Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? by iamord(m): 5:58am On Jan 07, 2016
ib22003:
Dear OP its just bussiness those in lagos buy directly from the manufacturers atimes,whoes minimum order is 1 whole 20ft container. so they can sell at same price with those in the market in china.Am in india and atimes i have to travel long distances to place to help people buy goods from the manufacturers but its always worth it. You have to invest more but its always far cheaper. its bussiness the more you buy the better the price the more the profit. if you want to ressell to does in the market, you have to buy quantity. let me give you an example.i bought some designer shirts about 200 pieces from a manufacturer in india here, i had to travel for 15hours to get there.when i got back to my city and priced the shirt in a botique it was 500% more that the price i saw.Dont think of china only also. usa, uk, italy, india, bangladesh, turkey.there are many places that you can import good products from.
pls how profitable is bring in unisex clothing and accessories in container load

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Punishes GTB For Deducting N275 From His Account / 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 / Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.