Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   (54974 Views)

NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills / Nigeria Labor Congress Protesters Shut Down Abuja Over Electricity Tarrifs / Prof Osinbajo – Nigerians Should Expect Higher Electricity Tarrifs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by greatiyk4u(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=suxkill post=41209301]No light, yet they have finally increased the bill!!!

I am patiently waiting for the new bill with my Ak47.[/quote

Did u read the news?.....no more fixed charges, u pay as u use.
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by iliyande(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
Samakus:
This is a welcome development. As an employee in the utility industry, I know how distraught I normally feel when customers come to me to complain bitterly about fixed charges.

For people that didn't grasp the full implications of this new tariff plan, here's a simple explanation. By the scrapping of fixed charge regime, energy consumers will only have to add #11, 10 or 12 naira to what their current charge is. For instance, if I used to be charged #2000 per month (fixed charge included), I will now be charged #1350 + 11= 1361. It means that NERC removed 700 from consumers billing and added 11. This new arrangement will no doubt benefit holders of prepaid accounts more than postpaid.

Cool!
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by temi2013(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
[size=24pt]NO LIGHT HERE IN OKITIPUPA , ONDO STATE FOR A YEAR NOW! AND WE ARE APPROACHING ANOTHER YEAR SOS!.PLEASE REBROADCAST ESPECIALLY THE IKALES AND ILAJES ON THIS PLATFORM,ENOUGH OF DARKNESS![/size]
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by dabossman(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
This is okay as long as I get my prepaid meter soon. But if any Ikedc official brings me estimated bill with this rate, na wahala o.

christopher123:

When you have a bunch of people that disregard court order what do you expect

You voted change ....this is it

Savour it....pls where can I get fuel again ?

Oga, when did the House of Reps become a judicial court of law?
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Jabioro: 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
It is a welcome deal..now with 2k I can buy 200 units and it would last me a whole month ..
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Samakus(m): 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
Habayomie:
My Dad's house,residence oh! was charged #27,473.85k for the month of November(last month)
imagine,just a mere salary earner o.

I find it hard to believe. There must be an explanation. Either your dad is operating a C1 (private residence with commercial stores) account, MD account (account for companies) or you are talking of the total due (current charge plus arrears). Check very well brother

1 Like

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by franklingud(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Lol!!
Can't believe this Christmas gift from NERC.
BTW undecided thought that house of reps told NERC not to increase it angry WTF!
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by TheFreeOne: 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
Samakus:
This is a welcome development. As an employee in the utility industry, I know how distraught I normally feel when customers come to me to complain bitterly about fixed charges.

For people that didn't grasp the full implications of this new tariff plan, here's a simple explanation. By the scrapping of fixed charge regime, energy consumers will only have to add #11, 10 or 12 naira to what their current charge is. For instance, if I used to be charged #2000 per month (fixed charge included), I will now be charged #1350 + 11= 1361. It means that NERC removed 700 from consumers billing and added 11. This new arrangement will no doubt benefit holders of prepaid accounts more than postpaid.

Cool!

The scrapping of fixed charge is good but NERC need to explain in details what they mean by those increments.

It could as well mean additions to present charges per kwh.
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by anonimi: 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
goshen26:
he was even able to kip his nysc shoe

You too funny, bro. grin grin
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Spanner4(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
undecided

My neigbour that finds it hard to pay his own EEDC bill let alone this one that the tarrif will increase, I wonder ooo.

2 Likes

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Ijaya123: 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
That is about 60% increase in tariff. A bit on the high side I must say.
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by NAJALYN: 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
When we start having electricity supply 24/7 then we can breath a sigh of relief. Increasing tarrif should not be our priority. Get Natural Remedies for your health at https://www.lynsnaturalhealth..com.
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
free2ryhme:
grin
Fashola is working
APC is changing
Nigerians are crying
You are wailing.
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by daniska3yaro(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
Samakus:

Cool!

I doubt but I guess you will add 11 naira to the current amount of per unit e.g your former tariff is N14,so u will add N11 to it to become N26 per unit of kwh.

5 Likes

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by 3kay945(m): 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
Fashola is working...
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by badonkadonk: 3:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
suxkill:
No light, yet they have finally increased the bill!!!

I am patiently waiting for the new bill with my Ak47.

U didnt read the story did u?
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Ijaya123: 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
Samakus:

Cool!

Your analysis is totally off the mark.
What this means is that you will now pay additional per unit that is consumed. Example for those under Ikedc, the current tariff is N13.21k per unit. They will now be paying N21.21k per unit, that's after adding the N8 increase which is about 60%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by sebali: 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
Bevista:
That's fine by me, as long as prepaid meters are available. Scrapping the fixed charges is also a welcome development.

As long as people only pay for what they actually consume, Nigerians should learn to pay the right price for a service. That is the only incentive for investors to commit their funds for long term improvement of the sector.

The telecoms model is a good example of how appropriate pricing stimulates service, competition, jobs - and ultimately - lower prices.

In summary, no light, no payment.
Removal of d fixed charge is a welc idea

2 Likes

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Seun360(m): 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
Samakus:

Cool!

Its not so.
Add the new amount to Rate per KWh x consumed figure.
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Jesusloveyou: 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
4reala:
Dis Change regime na wa o
end time charges and change, more changes next year, our country must change for d better

1 Like

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by agog: 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
Bevista:
That's fine by me, as long as prepaid meters are available. Scrapping the fixed charges is also a welcome development.

As long as people only pay for what they actually consume, Nigerians should learn to pay the right price for a service. That is the only incentive for investors to commit their funds for long term improvement of the sector.

The telecoms model is a good example of how appropriate pricing stimulates service, competition, jobs - and ultimately - lower prices.

the rates of increase is high and what we end up paying is higher than when there's fixed charges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Seun360(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
By 2019, Nigerians will detest APC government. Hope PDP do their home work well.

1 Like

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by missKiffy(f): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
At least good news that the fixed charges is gone
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2015
Next year, they are also going to increase pump price of petrol.
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by holytribe(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
Islie:
this is Christmas gift from this government to all Nigerians......

I thought they will differ it to next year

If it was deferred to next year, am sure u will be the one to complain that this is the new year gift from buhari as if he is the one in charge of power. Let's learn to accept things as it comes as there is no better time to implement a policy than now and not latter.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
please... he checked well Mr Man. My friend in Lagos Island (3 bedroom house) has received N22,000 bill... NOT total due just current charge plus fixed charge and VAT!

I received N15,300 bill for a two bedroom house in August... so please, they have been bring crazy bills to my house since December 2014.

Samakus:

I find it hard to believe. There must be an explanation. Either your dad is operating a C1 (private residence with commercial stores) account, MD account (account for companies) or you are talking of the total due (current charge plus arrears). Check very well brother

1 Like

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
for those of us that use prepaid meter, this is good news!

1 Like

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by 9jatatafo(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
These people are thieves because they are deceiving us by removing the FIXED CHARGES and coined it into increment this is terrible coupled with the fact that there is heavy epileptic power supply. What has NERC done about ESTIMATED BILLING? That's another area of scam. What about card meter?

1 Like

Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by suxkill: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
badonkadonk:

U didnt read the story did u?

I thought You've concluded that i didn't read the news(story)
If you can't comprehend what i wrote,don't quote me again.
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by sweatlana: 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
Wicked govt
Wicked apc
Wicked buhari

Nigerians will suffer for the next 3years+ cry
Re: NERC Increases Electricity Tarrifs, Scraps Fixed Charges   by Jesusloveyou: 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
3kay945:
Fashola is working...
wailers are wailing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Smugglers Abandoned Their Bikes And Bags Of Rice In Ogun Bush / APC Presidential Rally: Ilorin Residents Reject Buhari, Sweeps Off Bad Luck Pics / Photo Of Fela In Bandages After Severe Beating By Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.