Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,828 members, 7,831,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Travails Of Marrying Late - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Travails Of Marrying Late (75271 Views)

What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Sweetlemon(f): 10:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
jimihendrix:
There's a 31 year old bachelor in my office and I'm always teasing him. I'll apologize immediately... I hope he doesn't feel this bad.

Only 31? WTH is wrong with Nigerians? You that is married has marriage solved all your life problems

4 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by robosky02(m): 10:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

me kwa?
Chai, except you wish me bad... waiting for me only shows that you never ready at allll!

Anyday that guy bring card, even if I am 8mths pregnant with quadruplets_ I must show that wedding.

kachi make this truck no jam you hmmmmmmmmmm

lol
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by zeongeon: 10:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
GreatAgb:

How can u say marriage is not a cure for loneliness when the very reason woman was created is because 'It is not good for the man to be alone'. If u are married and still lonely, then you must have married the wrong woman because even though she is present, she is to you like the animals were to Adam.
Yes marriage is not a cure for loneliness as you can be married and still feel lonely its happening. And being lonely in marriage doesn't mean you married the wrong person some factors could contribute to it for example your wife hasn't giving birth 5 years after marriage that is enough to cause loneliness, you loss your job and are going through financial crisis.

Marriage is not a means of escape.

Bible said its not good for man to be alone BUT didn't say its bad for man to be alone. even the Bible says one mustn't get married : 1 Corinthians 7:8
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by AreaFada2: 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
a2space:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I became like an object of fun in the office when they would call me "the oldest bachelor". I'm telling you, the feeling is not funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" It's a question that I just can't take emotionally. Though I'm doing my best to tie the knot soon but I must confess that it is a feeling that I don't even wish my enemies to have.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can just imagine what single ladies of marriageable age are passing through emotionally.
For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age so that you don't have to pass through the same emotional trauma of loneliness and desperation to get married.

OP, I get your drift.

I was discussing this "right time" issue with a friend recently.

Reason was an acquaintance who died this year.

He was too busy with other things in life. Trying to uplift certain family members among others.

He was finally engaged but died suddenly. A total shock to everyone. He was in his 40s.

Had he married at age 30, he might have had kids ranging from 16 to 10 years old. Old enough to remember him.

We pray for God's blessings, protection and long life.

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmmmmmmsad
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Anyday that guy bring card, even if I am 8mths pregnant with quadruplets_ I must show that wedding.
Hahahahaha.. That is ehen cheesy cheesy.. That wedding go be Nairaland wedding, though my interest is on the lady.. She better be a 'beauty and brain,' if not...... angry

Anyone expecting card from Truck in the next 3 years is sleeping on a bike cheesy..

Truckpusher:
I don't shop with Jumia Abeg. grin
Character grin grin.. I go do you bad thing grin
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by delerx(m): 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
Some people can't get married because they r hiv+, sickle cell patients etc
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by tuyeegal: 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
not how soon but how well,with the right person
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Kizyte(m): 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
HateU2:
I wonder too

Court not cult
Lol! Thanks
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sunymoore:

Malt please smiley
I insist

Origin

Or u be pastor
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spanner4:
I need a Cute, pretty Nairaland lady to marry undecided
search no more
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by misspicy(f): 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
danbrowndmf:
you get mention na...go check ur mention down down joor..cheesy
I can't see nothing,maybe my other account tongue
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by moriarity(m): 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

me kwa?
Chai, except you wish me bad... waiting for me only shows that you never ready at allll!

grin grin cheesy . Take it easy on him God's time is the best cheesy
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
deeptesting:

Nothing i drink oo my Brother... Have been married for 8 years and got separated, separation has given me so much room for a deep reflection and retrospect... When i see people going into the contract of marriage for the wrong reasons i feel very bad... I have two kids out of my marriage, Bro it is better to remain single and receive all the insults in the world than going into a marriage for the wrong reason.. Nothing is killing me so fast today than seeing my beautiful kids growing without both parents living under the same roof. The fact that i will wake up every morning and no longer getting them ready for school, driving them to school, pick them up when i have time, do their home work together breaks me down but i am happy being alone, it could have been worse.

The OP needs to take a chill Pepsi big bottle and truly figure out what he really wants out of marriage and most importantly find a woman who shares the same life value with him...

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by menxer: 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
The reason most people of marriage-able age not married is this concept of "waiting for God's time" or "God's time is the best" forgetting that God lives in eternity.

The best option is for one to create the right time and take action with the person of your choice.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Truckpusher(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
AreaFada2:

OP, I get your drift.

I was discussing this "right time" issue with a friend recently.

Reason was an acquaintance who died this year.

He was too busy with other things in life. Trying to uplift certain family members among others.

He was finally engaged but died suddenly. A total shock to everyone. He was in his 40s.

Had he married at age 30, he might have had kids ranging from 16 to 10 years old. Old enough to remember him.

We pray for God's blessings, protection and long life.
On the highlighted I beg to differ .

It would be counterproductive to have kids that will remember you under agony and pains in this wicked world and country of ours where widows are treated with disdain.
It was better he died without leaving kids behind - I guess you've got no idea what it means to grow up without a father in a developing economy like Nigeria where there is nothing left for them if the woman isn't working and no Govt presence to reach out to people that find themselves in that situation.

One should rather die childless than leave behind kids that will pass through hell to survive.

10 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by shegxi(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
The best decision any man can make in his lifetime is to ensure dat he does nt allow society determine his lifestyle/choices. Every problem arises as a result of deviation from dis simple sentence.

6 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by FILEBE(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
I was expecting to see something like reasons why we should avoid marrying late. I wanted to make a point of how someone will be able to train a 20yr old "nowadays" children when he is 60yrs old since he married at 40.

Back to the matter. O.P i'll advise you make more female friends. One of them will surely dig your package if not all. Just take it easy, you needn't be depressed. This same marriage wey you dey die for na im so people dey wan commot from inside. find a good partner my brother.
ONE LOVE.

5 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
Kizyte:

Lol! Thanks
Uw love kiss
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Sunymoore(m): 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
HateU2:
I insist

Origin

Or u be pastor
I'm not a pastor.. Okay bring it on, Ishewu will be greatly appreciated
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by heffem(m): 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
Helkayklassic:
Oldest bachelor, that got me kikikiki
Or better still......"King of boys" grin
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sunymoore:

I'm not a pastor.. Okay bring it on, Ishewu will be greatly appreciated
Ok

1A.M
Is dat okay?
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by vislabraye(m): 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
a2space:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt it was a "lady thing" until I got to the age of 34yrs. One day I was in my bedroom suddenly I felt the rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden started making me feel desperate for marriage. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer stand it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage around me.

I became like an object of fun in the office when they would call me "the oldest bachelor". I'm telling you, the feeling is not funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" It's a question that I just can't take emotionally. Though I'm doing my best to tie the knot soon but I must confess that it is a feeling that I don't even wish my enemies to have.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can just imagine what single ladies of marriageable age are passing through emotionally.
For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age so that you don't have to pass through the same emotional trauma of loneliness and desperation to get married.

There must be a reason you are not married. Is it financial or you've not found the right person ? It depends on your personal goals. One major advantage of early marriage is having kids at young age and watch the grow.
Well, take your time and look for a lady to marry who is worth it. And don't pressure yourself. People will always talk.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by blakky97(m): 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
elantraceey:
No matter how long the wait,marrying the right person will be worth it,no rush or anxiety about it.According to dygeasy,its not about getting married but staying married .
the truth remains that there's an age where singlehood becomes an embarrassment. I mean picture a 40year old man still rolling with chicks when his mates have 15 years old daughters. it argues for irresponsibility on his part.

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by afolayangs(m): 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spanner4:
I need a Cute, pretty Nairaland lady to marry undecided
there's one lady call hammer. You fancy to be hooked up?
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Once i finish my 1k to 1m project

Next tyn is to get married asap

Cuz i no wan pass tru wetyn op dey pass tru
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by patiencezee(f): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=deeptesting post=41219943]Marriage does not cure loneliness, if that is the only reason for getting married then take a chill Pepsi big bottle and relax because many are married and still lonely.. Secondly, what people say or think about you at 37 should not be your business, neither should it force you to get married... Bro i simply want you marry because you understand the purpose of the contract called marriage.. "Solitude is a gift". Words of wisdom!
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by amosade30(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
MathsChic:
Hmmm... marriage is a wonderful thing, when it's with the right person.
I have a feeling u r ma missing rib,u hv same feeling?
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by blakky97(m): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
deeptesting:
Marriage does not cure loneliness, if that is the only reason for getting married then take a chill Pepsi big bottle and relax because many are married and still lonely.. Secondly, what people say or think about you at 37 should not be your business, neither should it force you to get married... Bro i simply want you marry because you understand the purpose of the contract called marriage.. "Solitude is a gift".
bro, what are the factors that make mr A get married at 25 and mr B at 50? please dont say money because not all married people are rich. and some people get rich while married.

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Honesty007(m): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
a2space:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt it was a "lady thing" until I got to the age of 34yrs. One day I was in my bedroom suddenly I felt the rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden started making me feel desperate for marriage. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer stand it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage around me.

I became like an object of fun in the office when they would call me "the oldest bachelor". I'm telling you, the feeling is not funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" It's a question that I just can't take emotionally. Though I'm doing my best to tie the knot soon but I must confess that it is a feeling that I don't even wish my enemies to have.

Don't be Discouraged ''its better marrying in the lords time than out of desperation and getting destroyed by Satan's trap.
What i mean is that satan has set a trap for the youth in Marriage to derail them from getting to the heaven.
Once anybody mismarries, he is damned forever because an ungodly seal is cemented

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by deeptesting(m): 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Freemanan post=41255136][/quote] Thanks you don`t know how touching it was for me looking at that pics...We all need love and don`t let go those who share your in your pains..Thanks! Thanks!! Thanks!!!
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Sunymoore(m): 10:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
HateU2:
Ok

1A.M Is dat okay?
1am? Choi! Well, if you'll take it with me then, if not, ah no dey wo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / I Caught My Housemaid Sexually Assaulting My Son / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.