Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

The Travails Of Marrying Late - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Travails Of Marrying Late (75196 Views)

What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by KimBerlyie: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lol grin grin grin
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
I think people use ‘it’ to insult spinsters but in a normal situation, they would try not to mention it. However for bachelors sad
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by HRich(m): 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
a2space:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt it was a "lady thing" until I got to the age of 34yrs. One day I was in my bedroom suddenly I felt the rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden started making me feel desperate for marriage. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer stand it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage around me.

I became like an object of fun in the office when they would call me "the oldest bachelor". I'm telling you, the feeling is not funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" It's a question that I just can't take emotionally. Though I'm doing my best to tie the knot soon but I must confess that it is a feeling that I don't even wish my enemies to have.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can just imagine what single ladies of marriageable age are passing through emotionally.
For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age so that you don't have to pass through the same emotional trauma of loneliness and desperation to get married.
EndTime Rush.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Truckpusher(m): 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
edwife:

You know,na fight dey hungry you. cheesy
I want to fight you. cheesy
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by deeptesting(m): 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
tosyne2much:
This is awesome. Bros abeg wetin u dey drink? cool

Nothing i drink oo my Brother... Have been married for 8 years and got separated, separation has given me so much room for a deep reflection and retrospect... When i see people going into the contract of marriage for the wrong reasons i feel very bad... I have two kids out of my marriage, Bro it is better to remain single and receive all the insults in the world than going into a marriage for the wrong reason.. Nothing is killing me so fast today than seeing my beautiful kids growing without both parents living under the same roof. The fact that i will wake up every morning and no longer getting them ready for school, driving them to school, pick them up when i have time, do their home work together breaks me down but i am happy being alone, it could have been worse.

The OP needs to take a chill Pepsi big bottle and truly figure out what he really wants out of marriage and most importantly find a woman who shares the same life value with him...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Truckpusher(m): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
HRich:
EndTime Rush.
grin grin grin
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Have you Bleeped Kim K yet? what about Halle Berry and Nicki Minaj? if your answer is NO then why on earth are you thinking of marriage? Why should a Footlose Bachelor Like you be craving marriage, while Married men are out there wishing they could go back to Bachelorhood.
Look on the Bright side! You have all the freedom in the world to sample all the sweet Girls the world has to offer

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by BKings: 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
deeptesting:
Marriage does not cure loneliness, if that is the only reason for getting married then take a chill Pepsi big bottle and relax because many are married and still lonely.. Secondly, what people say or think about you at 37 should not be your business, neither should it force you to get married... Bro i simply want you marry because you understand the purpose of the contract called marriage.. "Solitude is a gift".
easier said than done. I fully understand him trust me. forget all these things u hear during singles programs. When the real emotion sets in on one of ur lonely days, body go tell u

6 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by VickyRotex(f): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
Why are you sounding like one of them? grin

cheesy

Tell me the marriageable age. Then I'll know if I'm one of them angry
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by luvablesam(m): 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Early marriage is cool if you find the right person at the right time for both u n ur future kids....

When a parent is still young when d kids turn teens then they have more like an older sibling in u(their parent). Their wrong choices in life will be minimal and u will be like a cool uncle on visiting days(to their school) rather than an overbearing parent.

Remember however, to draw a line in terms of playing n discipline

3 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by HRich(m): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin grin
Lolz. That's moment naw.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Truckpusher(m): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy

Tell me the marriageable age. Then I'll know if I'm one of them angry
Hior hior hior hior hior hior hior hior cheesy

Na for my mouth you go hear say coke no full ? grin

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by initialize(m): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
HateU2:
Guilder ultimate search ni

Smiles
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by ableze01(m): 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
No be who call police first dey win case, so therefore it's not when you get married it's getting married to a compatible person wey no go break your head in the long run. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by danbrowndmf(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
And some 18years old girls will be saying ***i want a man with 12&packs earning 800k if not i will not marry him**** na jesus una go finally marry. OP i pray God grant u ur heart desire.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Bloggz74(m): 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
elantraceey:
No matter how long the wait,marrying the right person will be worth it,no rush or anxiety about it.According to dygeasy,its not about getting married but staying married .

My dear let's all get married and quit consolling ourselves with those phrases that makes all live movies. Let's face reality!

4 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Depends on your priorities... And your nature,..
If you place career ahead of marriage, then nothing like loneliness adrenaline or the likes descending on you. You wont even have time to attend weddings if you have a career going on well,

Depends on your priorities...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
There is no point marrying late. It would feel so good if I was 50 and my first child already 25.

5 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by BKings: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
byvan03:
I have seen people take the whole time in the world and still end up in divorce court. The point is, do what you think is best for you. The challenges you face as a young bride/ groom is the same challenges an old bride/ groom will face. Women have a larger pool of men to choose from when they are younger not when their youthful hue is already drying up. You choose your man when you are in the position to choose not when you are beginning to appear like the leftover goods after morning market.

If you choose to remain single for a longer period, let it be for the right reasons, the fact the you are yet to find your soul mate based on plausible criteria or the fact that you have no interest at all. If your criteria to choose a partner is out of this world and that is why you are single, then the person is on a really long thing .

There is nothing wrong with early marriage, there is also nothing wrong with late marriage as long as you are in whichever end for the right reasons.
God bless you
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thank God it was a man that posted this

Anyways, hope you guys all get married as quickly as you would like to

3 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by zeongeon: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
if you get married cause of pressure or what people are saying then you may end up a sad married man... remember people will talk and pressure you to marry but the challenges in that marriage will be borne solely by you none of those pressurizing you will be there and they won't be living with you.

So many people cause of age and pressure have rushed into marriage, married for the wrong reasons and want to rush out of the marriage.

Finally, its only in Nigeria that people make a big thing out of marriage. Every one mustn't get married, marriage is not for everyone, you can be single and still live a fulfilled life.

Marriage is not compulsory.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by harristo(m): 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
Vision4God:
every1 has his tym, d most important thing is not to miss d ryt person at d ryt tym.
@op Just b calm bout it n let God lead u as ur preparing to tie d knot

And what happens if op have missed d ryt person and d ryt tym? What should he do then?

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by cyprus000: 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
HateU2:
So, it should be underrated undecided undecided
[size=13pt] Yes! [/size]
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by musicwriter(m): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
@OP.
Marriage is not something you do because others are doing it or because you're getting old. I'm obviously older than you, but until I achieve all my dreams on earth, I have no plan for marriage. I have plans bigger than marriage and it's fruition is what is really giving me concern, not marriage.

As long as I succeed my goal of changing the face of education in Africa, I wouldn't mind marrying at 50, because I wouldn't marry cause of children, but to retire to happiness. Just 1 child is all I'll need or none at all. I have no interest bringing someone else to suffer in this cruel world of competition, disease, injustice, crime, wickedness, corruption, greed, and sheer evil.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by yungkc(m): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
[/quote]
[quote]
Op u ave reali hit d nail on d head
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by tosyne2much(m): 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
deeptesting:

Nothing i drink oo my Brother... Have been married for 8 years and got separated, separation has given me so much room for a deep reflection and retrospect... When i see people going into the contract of marriage for the wrong reasons i feel very bad... I have two kids out of my marriage, Bro it is better to remain single and receive all the insults in the world than going into a marriage for the wrong reason.. Nothing is killing me so fast today than seeing my beautiful kids growing without both parents living under the same roof. The fact that i will wake up every morning and no longer getting them ready for school, driving them to school, pick them up when i have time, do their home work together breaks me down but i am happy being alone, it could have been worse.

The OP needs to take a chill Pepsi big bottle and truly figure out what he really wants out of marriage and most importantly find a woman who shares the same life value with him...
Woooow! This is very touching bro

I really feel for you bro
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by pappy2000: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
My brother, I am also 36" n I feel the same way too, it's so bad
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
Hehe - How e dey do you nau?

You dun collect your chrismos kpanshing? grin
I dey wait for you, as substitute boify undecided undecided.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by danbrowndmf(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
VickyRotex:

Please tell them cool cool
you.you are just quoting everybody...are u up to 40?
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Sunymoore(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
HateU2:
So, it should be underrated undecided undecided
No, it should be 'Middlerated' smiley
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Truckpusher(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

I dey wait for you, as substitute boify undecided undecided.
Hehe - Oya nau , fix the venue . grin

Make I come clean your wellhead , change oil for your engine . cheesy
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by HARDWORKGOPAY(m): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.