Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

The Travails Of Marrying Late - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Travails Of Marrying Late (75194 Views)

What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Lasgidy1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by tosyne2much(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
deeptesting:
Marriage does not cure loneliness, if that is the only reason for getting married then take a chill Pepsi big bottle and relax because many are married and still lonely.. Secondly, what people say or think about you at 37 should not be your business, neither should it force you to get married... Bro i simply want you marry because you understand the purpose of the contract called marriage.. "Solitude is a gift".
This is awesome. Bros abeg wetin u dey drink? cool

5 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
People should try to dish out good advice instead of capitalizing on the loneliness point he made. I pray to marry young and have kids while still successful. A man of 34yr is old enough to get married and have kids, except you're dealing with some personal problems unknown to others.

4 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Zico5(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
It is imperative to marry at the right time. If u see anyone still single at 37 then such person need to check his life very well cos something is missing. After marriage u ll begin to blame urself when u see how small ur kids re compare to ur age. Many don't know but this is reality.

10 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Ameedan: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
Team early marriage

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by tosyne2much(m): 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
elantraceey:
No matter how long the wait,marrying the right person will be worth it,no rush or anxiety about it.According to dy,geasy,its not about getting married but staying married .
Na Dy.geasy quote you remember, you no fit remember my own.. Diaris God oooo

I smell a rat cheesy
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Truckpusher(m): 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
VickyRotex:
"" just imagine what single ladies of marriageable age are passing through emotionally""

And what is the marriageable age? undecided
Why are you sounding like one of them? grin

4 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by harbeedaymee(f): 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
a2space:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt it was a "lady thing" until I got to the age of 34yrs. One day I was in my bedroom suddenly I felt the rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden started making me feel desperate for marriage. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer stand it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage around me.

I became like an object of fun in the office when they would call me "the oldest bachelor". I'm telling you, the feeling is not funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" It's a question that I just can't take emotionally. Though I'm doing my best to tie the knot soon but I must confess that it is a feeling that I don't even wish my enemies to have.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can just imagine what single ladies of marriageable age are passing through emotionally.
For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age so that you don't have to pass through the same emotional trauma of loneliness and desperation to get married.

There is no such thing as late marriage. There are different times and seasons for everyone cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by edwife(f): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
Why are you sounding like one of them? grin

Lol. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by akanbiaa(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
a2space:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt it was a "lady thing" until I got to the age of 34yrs. One day I was in my bedroom suddenly I felt the rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden started making me feel desperate for marriage. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer stand it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage around me.

I became like an object of fun in the office when they would call me "the oldest bachelor". I'm telling you, the feeling is not funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" It's a question that I just can't take emotionally. Though I'm doing my best to tie the knot soon but I must confess that it is a feeling that I don't even wish my enemies to have.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can just imagine what single ladies of marriageable age are passing through emotionally.
For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age so that you don't have to pass through the same emotional trauma of loneliness and desperation to get married.
The reason you feel that way is that, you have a job that can sustain marriage and you refused to do the needful, and now most of your friends are married with kids and no longer interact on the bachelor level with you as before and the loneliness is killing you. Ask your age mates not married but withouth job or underemployed whether they feel same way.

8 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spanner4:
I need a Cute, pretty Nairaland lady to marry undecided
Keep searching
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Truckpusher(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
edwife:

Lol. cheesy
grin grin grin

What have I done again? cheesy
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Sunymoore(m): 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
Marriage is overrated bro

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
Kizyte:
So, why do you have to wait this long when you know the ball is in your cult unlike the ladies?
I wonder too

Court not cult

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by misspicy(f): 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spanner4:
see me here winksmiley grin
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Truckpusher(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sunymoore:
Correct guy. grin

Dem wan enslave men ontop one toto. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
tosyne2much:
Nice one OP.. I'm also getting married soon cool
Did u just say that undecided undecided
My poor crush getting married
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by initialize(m): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
i feel this thread.... It's talking to me. Ymodulus keeps asking me when but he knows i wont marry myself

I'm searching for her on this thread
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by smileysmiles(f): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
I know this feeling. Lol
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
Mista op.......wen Jesus Christ came to dhiz world.....did he marry?......he even reached d aqe 35.....did he pass thru any emotional wateva.........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by yungkc(m): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
Don't allow pressure 2 put u into marrying d person oooo
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sunymoore:
So, it should be underrated undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by edwife(f): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin grin

What have I done again? cheesy

You know,na fight dey hungry you. cheesy
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
Correct guy. grin

Dem wan enslave men ontop one toto. cheesy cheesy
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
toposi4naija:
Mista op.......wen Jesus Christ came to dhiz world.....did he marry?......he even reached d aqe 35.....did he pass thru any emotional wateva.........
See Buhari's fault now undecided undecided
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by tosyne2much(m): 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
HateU2:
Did u just say that undecided undecided
My poor crush getting married
So you can't endure for me ? cheesy
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
initialize:
i feel this thread.... It's talking to me. Ymodulus keeps asking me when but he knows i wont marry myself

I'm searching for her on this thread
Guilder ultimate search ni

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
Visocrate:
op did you just pray for me? God will bless your marriage and mine in Jesus name Amen
amen o
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by FisifunKododada: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
cool Marriage is NOT mandatory. I repeat marriage is NOT mandatory. Its a cultural expectation. Like believing in God or going to church or mosque. There is nothing intrinsically NEEDFUL about it. And if you enter marriage out of desperation, you will be more likely to end up with one of these very numerous one-chance marriages that will cut your lifespan by half. Be a man. Think for yourself and stop worrying too much about people's and cultural expectations. If you die now, none of these people disturbing your life will agree to join you 6 feet under. Wise up bro.

10 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Vikky014(f): 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spanner4:
hahahahahaha
r u sure u read dis thread bfore typing dis?
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Truckpusher(m): 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Hehe - How e dey do you nau?

You dun collect your chrismos kpanshing? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.