Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? (33727 Views)

"How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by MathsChic(f): 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
Because they are single cheesy
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Psalm18: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
Because
Two is company
Three is a crowd

Trust me, when you really happy and in love, you silently switch off others. It's nothing malicious, just the way it is.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Abugab(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
Very simple.

Boys are separated from men.
Girls separated from women.

Difficult to mix at this stage
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by RedCard1(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Because singles are usually jealous of the married and might plan to ruin the marriage. So best alternative is to lessen the power of the friendship after marriage. No need to abandon them totally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Shinelle(f): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
To answer your question. . it's society..

agreed some claim there are less common topics to discuss in meetings and all but cmon. . .
Alot get to meet bad friends cos most are forced relationships ... lol

or else... do people just separate from their job seeking friends simply because they got an offer?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by yorex2011: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Well, things like these happen in almost all stages of life. Its natural but not in the way yours happened.
It takes a feeling of more than mere friendship for things to remain the same.
There has to be understand from both sides.. That things have changed and might not be the same as before and that certain changes wud be made accordingly.
I would say its not so nice to completely abandon..
But changes like these occur everyday, and js normal.

I love studying the psychology of the human mind as regards different situations and scenarios.
This is a new aspect i wud love to understand the statics and dynamics of.
Would be awesome reading various experiences and comments on the topic
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by MinorityTribe: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
EroticAngelina:
u associate with people like u smiley
You this girl why i like you self? You are everything i am supposed to hate. Why na, I have seen more prettier ladies than you but i still like you. Why? You use charm? I hope this isn't love, I don't want to fall in love with an anonymous Nairalander i may never meet in real life.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Some ladies can behave like that , but not all... Am single but all my friends are married and we still chat, hang out.. Although I met my friends as married ladies, I never met them when they were single .. And they are cool... Am a,very private person, some of them are too.. And av stylishly turned down most of their invites to their homes, cause am not a visiting type.. I rather keep in touch through chats or we meet up at our various business outfits, chat and keep up with what's going on around us.
But two of my single friends got married , and that was it! No more calls or chats..
I prefer taking a lady as a friend when she's married , and mehn these ladies can help financially when one is down.. We help each other.. But the single ladies mehn, stingy die! But if nah to buy Aso ebi 20k , the money go pop up! Always claiming broke but u see them with different gadgets.. Lol
Mehn, I prefer married ladies as friends abeg.. No contesting smiley
And their kids can be so adorable and fun to play with.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by edwife(f): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
it really depends on the depth of your friendship with them.I kept my friends and we all got married. smiley

The world is evil,so anyone can be evil even your married friends.Just be careful who you talk to.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by marykaydee: 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
use of a married friend on my own volition and I am also quick to turn down invites once I sense that you are inviting me because you feel o
Since this is now the in-thing, my new motto is ,”Cut the engaged ones off before they cut you!

Because at that point your priorities are different, in my case, i cut married friends out because when they have their domestic issues and you are in the picture, you will probably be part of the solution or part of the problem. Trust me i have learnt from other ppls experiences so much i dnt want to make that mistake
Dnt get me wrong,i will be there when i need to be

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nicepoker(m): 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
U don't expect me to be going out wit a friend that loves clubbing visiting the brothel and indulging in other vices. U wan wreak my infant union?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Can Enyimba play in La Liga? No! Cuz they in different leagues

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by harristo(m): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
people abandon their single friends after marriage because of fear / lack of trust.

It's mostly shallow minded people that do it though.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Vision4God: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
@sarahGee so many factors are involved.

Personality of d spouse(may not b comfortable wt friends), Jealousy, strife, distance/location, pride, or even d singles friend attitude.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by mitchyy(f): 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
If you are not very very close to a married person, don't expect them to always be in constant communication with you. Most times, they have too much on their plate. The women might even be battling with early symptoms of pregnancy, or trying to adjust to married life. Things can never be the same.
U can also try and reach out to the married friend, instead of assuming they deliberately cut you off.
Those married ones who deliberately cut off all single friends, na dem know wetin dey worry them

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by FILEBE(m): 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spanner4:
It is becoz they have found their Johnny!
grin
Anyway me am looking for my Yemi

guy! U fumble jor. Wetin concern you for this thread now? Of all the who people wey comment for 1st page na you be the only guy. You wan follow fly enter suya fire.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Adeboyefa(f): 9:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Every single female is a potential husband snatcher to married women. Even a fellow Mrs who just got widowed or divorced has become a threat.

If you must make friends with married women as a single lady, look for those in your family (your married sisters, your brothers' wives,etc). You will learn a lot from them about marriage and they are unlikely to see you as a threat.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
I'm also in a situation like this. It's total bullshit.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by oslae(f): 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
zaragal:
wrong...wat kind of friend does dis undecided.........only fake friends ofcos!!...FFF!!! angry
Its not entirely true, most of them their parents/husband usually advice them to not associate with their single friends anymore undecided saying they are bad influence in there marriage. You can't really blame them for heeding to such. I usually give a little distance to my married friends although while some will be offended by it(friends indeed kiss kiss ) others will accept it just as it is. I usually don't blame any of them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by shegxi(m): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
This is a non issue.....it is natural. It is called law of seperation and association. If u become a billonaire today, ur circles of friends wuld automatically change whether u like it or nt. Yorubas will say "20 kids cannot play 2geda for 20years". People will come into ur life and some will go, just make sure ur friendship benefits u at wateva point u have dem in ur life.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by emorse(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
yomi007k:
WTF r u guys talking about?

I avoid folks about to get married becos dey will only put u in debt before n after marriage... tongue

I wana be in ur shoes
Lololol!!! Guy you no go kee me o!!
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by emorse(m): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
MinorityTribe:
You this girl why i like you self? You are everything i am supposed to hate. Why na, I have seen more prettier ladies than you but i still like you. Why? You use charm? I hope this isn't love, I don't want to fall in love with an anonymous Nairalander i may never meet in real life.

Omo see spinning. lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by gsport: 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
Priority differ, I can not feel free to disclose some martial issue with, single friend.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Bloggz74(m): 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
It depends and most common among ladies. I can remember very well my friend's wife did.from everything ladies do it cos their entire spinster life is shrudded in secrecy and dirty deals thus once married they try to cut the ties to avoid opening can of warms mistakenly.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Evathyst(f): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
ladycomfort:
. That was how one of my friends avoided me few weeks before her wedding and after her wedding although I attended her wedding. Wetin be my own
With this your signature, every reasonable married lady who still wants to remain married should avoid you like plague.

Especially if their husbands have big d*ck! Lolz! Na joke o! tongue

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
SarahGee:
I wish I knew a better way to rephrase this question. You have seen many married people slowly cut ties with their single friends. Is it just natural that they instantly cease to have things in common or is it a society expectation? It is common among ladies. Some friends even cut ties with their friends once they have a boyfriend! Common b o y f r i e n d !!!

Some own’t even invite their single friends to their weddings or when they do, the single ones are made to wear a different type of asoebi as though they are wild animals that the wedding guests should be cautious of

I guess single people are really wild animals.

I wouldn’t be asking if I haven’t been a victim. A friend of mine got engaged 7 months ago and I was busy turning up and down for her. Her wedding is this coming Saturday and I noticed last night that she’s no longer on my BBM. I feel I don’t deserve it cos I respect people’s space a lot. No matter how close we were before you got hitched, I would respect your privacy once you start a family. I have never ever gone to the house of a married friend on my own volition and I am also quick to turn down invites once I sense that you are inviting me because you feel obligated to. Phone calls or chats once in a blue moon will do for me but there are still friends that will avoid any form of communication with you but run for advice from you as a single person that knows nothing when things get a bit rocky in their marriages. Some even go as far as looking for married friends pen pals on blogs and social networks like they didn’t make their bed.

Since this is now the in-thing, my new motto is ,”Cut the engaged ones off before they cut you!”

http://naijasinglegirl.com/why-do-people-abandon-their-single-friends-after-marriage/

I understand how you feel dear, is just a social norm in our society and your absolutely right, it exists amongst women. But what else can you do about it?. You just have to move on and learn from it. Maybe she's paranoid and probably thinking you might steal her husband from her if given a chance, which doesn't sound fair at all.

One more thing, I must admit your a really good writer and your choice of words is simply amazing, even though I don't know you in person, I could easily full for you by reading that article!!! Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year in advance Op!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by marykaydee: 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Because their priorities are different from yours. Its only natural
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by markpenk: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
It can be a bit difficult though, particularly when the person was your very[b]person[/b]
shegxi:
This is a non issue.....it is natural. It is called law of seperation and association. If u become a billonaire today, ur circles of friends wuld automatically change whether u like it or nt. Yorubas will say "20 kids cannot play 2geda for 20years". People will come into ur life and some will go, just make sure ur friendship benefits u at wateva point u have dem in ur life.
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by aniyphil: 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
The answer is in these three words . . ."Levels don change"
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lemme share this funny scenario with u guys.. Am kind of lady that love to date and be with a gushingly handsome single guy.. Even if I breakup with my ex, the next guy will be very handsome , with the necessary 6packs, lol.
So I have the very close female friend, she's dark in complexion, very pretty, orobo like me and very sexy to look at. Any hairstyle I make she must copy.. And any funky dresses she wears I copy it but its interesting her husband loves her funky style of dressing smiley.
She knows my bf, all my ex's lol.. So this time around, I met this hunky guy, he wooed me when I had recently broken up, he wooed me and started dating , he's so romantic and financially ok. As me and married friend was gisting, I showed her the pic of my new bobo, by then she was wearing the same hair do like mine. She stared at his pic for a little bit long while, she smiled , looked at me,and babe! I go snatch this guy from you! wink
I looked at her with shock and I screamed hell no! If I hear! U know what? Am not introducing u to him anymore..
Mehn, see this lady o
She started laughing and said she was joking , Haba see fear for my eyes... Lol
Since that day till now, am Not introducing Nothing. Make she removes eyes abeg, she get her own husband ..
I left her shop very angry, and confused..
I told my guy.. The stupid guy, said babe there's no big deal in introducing us. U said she's married abi?? I looked at him with hate and he laughed and chai! So u dey fear! grin grin
Omo, noooo, I no go fear...abeggi!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
shegxi:

Mehn... Let me start by saying "You killed it brov", that post says it all... Sir indeed there are few wise people on Nairaland, and am honored to quote one of them!!! Merry christmas and Happy new year in advance
Re: Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? by kenx1(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
missdebs:
what relationship has light with darkness grin

Hope your married

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice / Things A Female Should Never Do For Love / Hubby No Longer Wants To Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.