Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School (18603 Views)

My School Declared Me Wanted On 10th December. / Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Mhizkel(f): 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Just get a good Lawyer and appeal. It would be better resolved in that way.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by jamesharryson(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
my dear, I will first have to blame you for playing on your intelligence. you should have done everything possible to settle the result Case instead of paying someone who doesn't know how far you have gone to print your important document for you without prior supervision. Nevertheless, the did is already done, there is no special gain in suing your school, rather, seek more capable hands and continue disturbing your school with begging. You might win the case if you sue them, but wat matters is time and resources will be wasted. Use you brain pls, I wish you good luck
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Alexander001(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tell the witches and wizards that them no see you. anyway, end time expulsion.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by evergold(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
The best recourse here is not legal action for now. I bet your school has SERVICOM. If I were you, that's the place I will start from.
Danny2701:
Hello everyone am a final year student of an higher institution in Nigeria, On the day am defending my project i got a letter from my HOD that i have been expelled from the school for using fake credentials, i was bothered and went home straight to noticed the fake credentials i used, to my surprise i noticed that the WAEC result I submitted has an error, a number was mistaken, 4instead of 3.
That is where it all started, i was told to write a letter of appeal for re verification in which i did severally but no response, i went further to see my school registrar and explain the looks of things to him, i begged him to help me and he agreed. He called the man in charge and he said i was rude to the team that verified my result (team that i have never set my eyes on) he agreed with the registrar to solve the issue and the registrar told me i can go everything is going to be alright. After waiting for weeks no response i proceed to the registrar again to know what is wrong and He start with stories.
The main reason why i want to sue my school is this.
The man that printed my waec o level result for me has a shop and operates in side the school environment. It actually happens the of clearance when the man that supposed to clear me told me i can not submit my secondary school notification of result, that i need to bring an online print out. Due to the fact that am working and i need to go back to that work I dropped my notification of result slip with the man to help me ready my result so i can come for my clearance the next day, this guy went ahead to edit a template to print my result in which all the grades are correct but instead of 39 he mistaken it for 49 i never noticed this until i got the letter.
The guy that printed this result later flee due to the fact that he swindle some students and the school never find him till date or do anything about it.

That is where am going.
1. Why will the school approve a shop for someone without the person having a reliable source or referee that can find this guy.
2. Why won't the school reinstate me even when i was ask to produce my waec original in which i did and they crossed check to see that am not lying.
3. Why will they wait till i finish my academics before issuing out a letter of expulsion to me after i paid all my necessary dues. (That fraudulent)

Please i want you guys to advise me on this. Thank you
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by chyka33(m): 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
Eya.....But don't sue d school cos u are not likely to win. Just get high profile staff of d skul to plead on ur behalf
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Danny2701: 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone, am a final year student of an higher institution here in Nigeria, On the day am supposed to defend my project, i got a letter from my HOD which the letter states that i have been expelled from school for using fake credentials, i was bothered and went home straight to check my credentials, to my surprise i noticed an error on the WAEC result I submitted, a number was mistaken, 4instead of 3.
That is how it all started, i was told to write a letter of appeal for re verification in which i did severally but no response, i went further to see my school registrar and explain the looks of things to him, i appeal to him to help me and he agreed. He called the man in charge and the man said i acted rude to the team that verified my result (team that i have never set my eyes on) he agreed with the registrar to resolve the issue and the registrar told me i can go, everything is going to be alright. After waiting for weeks no response i proceed to the registrar again to know what is wrong and He start giving stories.
The man that printed my waec o level result for me has a shop and operates in the school environment. It actually happens on the day of clearance when the man that supposed to clear me told me i can't submit my secondary school notification of result, that i need to bring an online print out. Due to the fact that am working and i need to get back at work I dropped my notification of result slip with the shop-man to help me print my result and get it ready, so i can come for my clearance the next day, this guy went ahead to edit a readymade template to print out my result in which all the grades are perfectly correct but he made a mistake in my examination number where he mistaken 49 for 39 and since all my grades re correct, i never noticed this until i got the letter.
The guy that printed this result later flee due to the fact that he swindle some students and the school never find him till date or do anything about it.

That is where am going.
1. Why will the school approve a shop for someone without the person having a reliable source or referee that can find this guy.
2. Why won't the school reinstate me even when i was ask to produce my waec original in which i did and they crossed check to see that am not lying.
3. Why will they wait till i finish my academics before issuing out a letter of expulsion to me after i paid all my necessary dues. (That fraudulent)

Please i want you guys to advise me on this. Thank you.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Mustay(m): 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
You talked to your registrar but no form of official complaint i.e. a letter The Registrar will easily deny ever knowing about such a case.

You're only being sentimental when you ask why your school is doing this now. Know that even if you start working and this is discovered 10 years later, the school can withdraw its certificate based on the fraudulent premise you started with.

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Please act with caution and find a way to appeal the situation. You will Definitely get a solution, rushing to Institute a suit may not be the best option.

Your attempt to vicariously hold the school liable for the negligence of a cyber Cafe or business center operator will fail. The relationship between the school and the negligent Cafe operator is short of the requisite elements to succeed in such a claim.

Preferably get a lawyer or a lecturer you are close to or any high ranking staff to take up the case and appeal or meet with the concerned authorities.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Coolcash1:
Honestly, I will advice you still engage your registrar more on this. Consider the implications of the litigation to your future. Go and meet your registrar and discuss with him like father and son. You may even buy him something when going. Because it's something within his power to correct as the chief admin officer of the school.

Good luck bro.
Buy him something when going?

And you expect Nigeria to be great with this kind of mentality

I am disappointed in you..
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by kings49(m): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
Imsu, I guess
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by RedRiver(m): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
Wow. You cant even write to save your life. With the way you write, i wont blame the school. But most students of this generation wont even see my point.

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Femich18(m): 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
Go get a gud lawyer OP. Goin to d registrar is just like a waste of time...Go get a very gud lawyer though it gonna b expensive Bt it worth it
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Sunbassen(m): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
I have no advice for you really; I'm just surprised at your grammar. Would you really have qualified as a graduate with this type of poor grammar? Could you please rewrite your piece to enable me make meaning out of it!

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by bright007(f): 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
Guy, the only person you need to sue is your English language teacher.
Your grammatical blunders almost crashed my phone

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by MJAP(m): 6:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Wickedness from the school management
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Coolcash1: 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Taylor184:
Buy him something when going?

And you expect Nigeria to be great with this kind of mentality

I am disappointed in you..

No need to be disappointed. You must be a private uni grad or under grad...Its only those who finished from public uni or polytechnic will understand.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by akinsunny2009(m): 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
you guys just need to understand this guy plight instead of adding to his woes, you can just advice and leave instead of condemning his grammar, you don't even know the state he was, while writing this. Choi!! Naija sha
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by akinsunny2009(m): 6:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
confidant:
Revamping our educational system. It's a must for this generation. Appalling sentence construction.. which way naija.
you guys just need to understand this guy plight instead of adding to his woes, you can just advice and leave instead of condemning his grammar, you don't even know the state he was, while writing this. Choi!! Naija sha
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Shoge79(m): 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
confidant:
Revamping our educational system. It's a must for this generation. Appalling sentence construction.. which way naija.
He asked for advice not castigation.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
to me, the op is more at fault than d school is
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by jibbzion(m): 6:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Please don't take this the wrong way.

I'll advise that you don't give the supposed runaway guy any attention, it's wasting valuable time.

Go to the school authorities, student affairs or your VC (if possible) would be preferred. Explain things to them exactly how it is, let them see reasons why they need to see things your way.

Goto WAEC or buy a result checker card and get a print out of your original result.

If your school is not having things your way, get a competent lawyer and charge them to court. Facing the school panel is like shooting yourself in the foot, you cannot win...sorry to say.

All the best brother.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by sorepco(m): 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Man i tire oh! Dude cant construct a sentence properly!!!! As i was reading i was also lamenting his writtong/his english construct....how can a whole graduate write so terribly poor english? Due to this i feel he did not write his waec or o level himself. Someone did it for him, thus the failure to realise the error.

confidant:
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by RichboyPee(m): 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Your grammar though, fit kill person. Don't know what to say again
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by darlenese(f): 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmmn this guy is trying to play smart, your result was altered and that makes it fake !
U may end up in jail if care is not taken , how u came about ur fake results doesn't concern the sch, the doc with them is fake and thats all that matters

BTW.. .. U said 39 was mistakenly printed as 49
Bros this is fraudulent , stop feigning ignorance ,
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
Coolcash1:

No need to be disappointed. You must be a private uni grad or under grad...Its only those who finished from public uni or polytechnic will understand.

I am a student of one of the topmost federal University in Nigeria. And the fact is that this is the second federal university I'm attending, I still don't get the point you are driving at..I finished from the University of Abuja, and i don't understand what you talking about! Mind elucidating?
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Flameneo(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=JomaxGlobal post=41248152][/quote]

An out of court settlement will do you good. Going to court will only compound this issue.

I want you to know that the heart of a king is in the hands of the Lord, like a channel of river ,He direct it the way He will.

In summary, Take it to the Lord in prayers

Don't Use God as your render of last resort. Seek Him Now that you can still find Him and forget about going to court
Seven days is too Much for the problem to be solved
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by micheallusly: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
pls stop attacking him
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by UlqU3(m): 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sue
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hope you didn't anything like Form 12 in school. The only form you sign and take to the court for stamping. Because if you did I don't think you even have any right to sue them
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Rhea(f): 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
Danny2701:
Hello everyone am a final year student of an higher institution in Nigeria, On the day am defending my project i got a letter from my HOD that i have been expelled from the school for using fake credentials, i was bothered and went home straight to noticed the fake credentials i used, to my surprise i noticed that the WAEC result I submitted has an error, a number was mistaken, 4instead of 3.
That is where it all started, i was told to write a letter of appeal for re verification in which i did severally but no response, i went further to see my school registrar and explain the looks of things to him, i begged him to help me and he agreed. He called the man in charge and he said i was rude to the team that verified my result (team that i have never set my eyes on) he agreed with the registrar to solve the issue and the registrar told me i can go everything is going to be alright. After waiting for weeks no response i proceed to the registrar again to know what is wrong and He start with stories.
The man that printed my waec o level result for me has a shop and operates in side the school environment. It actually happens the of clearance when the man that supposed to clear me told me i can not submit my secondary school notification of result, that i need to bring an online print out. Due to the fact that am working and i need to go back to that work I dropped my notification of result slip with the man to help me ready my result so i can come for my clearance the next day, this guy went ahead to edit a template to print my result in which all the grades are correct but instead of 39 he mistaken it for 49 i never noticed this until i got the letter.

That is where am going.

Please i want you guys to advise me on this. Thank you

[size=14pt]Bros, the Nigerian system is too corrupt to afford you any justice in this issue (assuming you have any case to plead). I would advise that you find someone who knows your registrar (start with your parents/guardian/uncle/aunt/pastor). There must be someone you know who knows somebody who knows your registrar. A Sunday evening visit to his/her house will solve this matter. You have to discard any ego you have at the doorstep and be ready to moisten your mouth for a serious apology for being "rude and disrespectful" (whether you think you were or not does not matter at this juncture because you need a favor and you have everything to lose or gain). A full scale prostrating (if he/she is Yoruba - no offense meant) is not out of the question for you. Also, print out every authentic credential you have and carry along with you. Whoever is willing to accompany you to the registrar's house must know exactly the true story. So be ready to open up to that person before you make that trip. However, that trip will essentially be a trip necessary to appease the gods (yes oo; the registrar is the olodumare here). When I was about to graduate from the university, I had to appease a department secretary (like an okija shrine) before I was allowed to earn the grades I honestly labored for. It is a thin line between graduation and "your script is missing, so you are coming back next year". So, wear a cap of humility and beg your way out of this. Involving the lawyers will drain you of the financial resource you do not have. Besides you will not win in court [/size]

2 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by dhebo(m): 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
those guys running cafes in universities have no chill at all,they edit any thing editable.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
end time suing will end u in an end time jamb/post ume hall in coming end time yrs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinelo Okafor, UNN Best Graduating Student (Faculty Of Health Science) / UNIOSUN Students Brutalised By Air Force Officers (Photos) / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.