Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School (18607 Views)

My School Declared Me Wanted On 10th December. / Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
DEXTROVERT:
Brother, I pray God intervene, nothing solve this pass prayer, let's join Him in prayer.
best advice so far! God bless you
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Eleniyan15: 10:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Broda what you need it...
God money connection don't try sue oooooooo or else you go take jamb again
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by mbtosin(m): 10:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Danny2701:
Hello everyone am a final year student of an higher institution in Nigeria, On the day am defending my project i got a letter from my HOD that i have been expelled from the school for using fake credentials, i was bothered and went home straight to noticed the fake credentials i used, to my surprise i noticed that the WAEC result I submitted has an error, a number was mistaken, 4instead of 3.
That is where it all started, i was told to write a letter of appeal for re verification in which i did severally but no response, i went further to see my school registrar and explain the looks of things to him, i begged him to help me and he agreed. He called the man in charge and he said i was rude to the team that verified my result (team that i have never set my eyes on) he agreed with the registrar to solve the issue and the registrar told me i can go everything is going to be alright. After waiting for weeks no response i proceed to the registrar again to know what is wrong and He start with stories.
The main reason why i want to sue my school is this.
The man that printed my waec o level result for me has a shop and operates in side the school environment. It actually happens the of clearance when the man that supposed to clear me told me i can not submit my secondary school notification of result, that i need to bring an online print out. Due to the fact that am working and i need to go back to that work I dropped my notification of result slip with the man to help me ready my result so i can come for my clearance the next day, this guy went ahead to edit a template to print my result in which all the grades are correct but instead of 39 he mistaken it for 49 i never noticed this until i got the letter.
The guy that printed this result later flee due to the fact that he swindle some students and the school never find him till date or do anything about it.

That is where am going.
1. Why will the school approve a shop for someone without the person having a reliable source or referee that can find this guy.
2. Why won't the school reinstate me even when i was ask to produce my waec original in which i did and they crossed check to see that am not lying.
3. Why will they wait till i finish my academics before issuing out a letter of expulsion to me after i paid all my necessary dues. (That fraudulent)

Please i want you guys to advise me on this. Thank you
seems you have offende your HOD, try meet him on a personal level and talk tinz out.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Gboliwe:
You want to sue your school for your own carelessness? Are you seriously for real? Instead of you to keep begging and ask for a way out, you are thinking of suing. Oya, sue and give us update too.

I really want to write this until I saw your comment. The guy is at fault. Aside that, what he wrote here shows that the result was forged. He was told to bring online print out. He went to the cafe to drop notification slip. What is notification slip? Is that what waec using to check and print out online result? Where is his scratch card? How can online result be edited without the aim of forging it? @ OP you have many questions to answer. If you sue your school, court itself will file suit against you for forgery. I bet you will end up in kirikiri.

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
@op, some things don't tie up. In any normal tertiary institution, that letter can't come from the HOD. Thru him(yes). Cos that decision is way above the office of an HOD.
2. Your going home to go and 'notice' the result after getting the letter of expulsion is suspicious. Without being judgemental, I would have expected you to get to the office first rather than investigating yourself.
It would not have occurred to me to go back and start perusing my waec result if I was in your shoes.

Seems you know more than you are letting on.

3. Many other things which I would summarise as carelessness on your part.

On the matter of suing, you are on your own, a university asks a student to withdraw when they notice a disparity. No specific time frame needed.

Go n ask in U.I, 2002, people asked to withdraw including a 600 level med student .
I personally witnessed the police come pick up/arrest a corper in camp in sokoto over similar charges brought on by her institution(never got to know which one)

My advice:
Keep praying
Seek help and beg all those beggable
Jettison the thot of suing. Nigeria is not yet at that level
You will just waste precious time n energy.
Best comes to best start again: I honestly hope it does not get to that.

God help you. This is a difficult one
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Eleniyan15: 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
but op oooo

I smell rat ooo

every clearance you will be asked to bring original waec result so the ICT representative can check if correspond with what you tender physical mind you

you will be ask to tended your original waec or statement of result... so wetin dey sup
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by blakky97(m): 6:12am On Dec 23, 2015
Danny2701:
Hello everyone am a final year student of an higher institution in Nigeria, On the day am defending my project i got a letter from my HOD that i have been expelled from the school for using fake credentials, i was bothered and went home straight to noticed the fake credentials i used, to my surprise i noticed that the WAEC result I submitted has an error, a number was mistaken, 4instead of 3.
That is where it all started, i was told to write a letter of appeal for re verification in which i did severally but no response, i went further to see my school registrar and explain the looks of things to him, i begged him to help me and he agreed. He called the man in charge and he said i was rude to the team that verified my result (team that i have never set my eyes on) he agreed with the registrar to solve the issue and the registrar told me i can go everything is going to be alright. After waiting for weeks no response i proceed to the registrar again to know what is wrong and He start with stories.
The main reason why i want to sue my school is this.
The man that printed my waec o level result for me has a shop and operates in side the school environment. It actually happens the of clearance when the man that supposed to clear me told me i can not submit my secondary school notification of result, that i need to bring an online print out. Due to the fact that am working and i need to go back to that work I dropped my notification of result slip with the man to help me ready my result so i can come for my clearance the next day, this guy went ahead to edit a template to print my result in which all the grades are correct but instead of 39 he mistaken it for 49 i never noticed this until i got the letter.
The guy that printed this result later flee due to the fact that he swindle some students and the school never find him till date or do anything about it.

That is where am going.
1. Why will the school approve a shop for someone without the person having a reliable source or referee that can find this guy.
2. Why won't the school reinstate me even when i was ask to produce my waec original in which i did and they crossed check to see that am not lying.
3. Why will they wait till i finish my academics before issuing out a letter of expulsion to me after i paid all my necessary dues. (That fraudulent)

Please i want you guys to advise me on this. Thank you
your grammar lol. .
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by inspiredlegal: 6:46am On Dec 23, 2015
Suing is not the first option, as a matter of fact no Lawyer will advice that, as a matter of practice litigation is always the last resort and not as the former.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by inspiredlegal: 6:50am On Dec 23, 2015
Suing is not the first option, as obtainable in practice, litigation is always the last resort in civil matter as in this scenario. Get a Lawyer for adequate advice and services. Thanks.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by christiboo85(f): 7:05am On Dec 23, 2015
Skymiyke:
No offence,u need to work on ur english!Ur story is poorly written!
@skymiyke I didn't see anything bad in what he wrote,I read through and understand everything he wrote!the op want advise that's all.

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by anonymousmum: 7:37am On Dec 23, 2015
confidant:
Revamping our educational system. It's a must for this generation. Appalling sentence construction.. which way naija.

Pathetic, really. Very poor grammar, using "am" for "I'm", etc etc.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by ocheejemb: 8:00am On Dec 23, 2015
Taylor184:
Bros...I have an issue against you, and I don't even know the right court to institute an action against your gross homicide of the lingua Franca through absolute disregard for punctuation marks..No wonder the school is reluctant to accept you back as a student..

Brother... Suing a school is not that easy.Unless you have a very good case of them breaching the rule of natural justice ,you might not be able to succeed in your action against them... Get a good lawyer to advise you Sir!

The irony of you calling someone out for punctuation.

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by dadoctore(m): 8:38am On Dec 23, 2015
dominique:
You may involve a lawyer in your appeal but but don't sue your school for damages. It may cost you your future. Continue appealing the case
Seconded, the best action to take is to engage d services of a good lawyer to appeal ur case cos suing dem(esp in dis naija system) will just be futile n instead give d school senate a reason to abandon any thots of re-instatement for u. Please be wise!
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by josite: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2015
this is a simple matter.if your result is not fake and you have been expelled on a wrong premise,quickly ask your lawyer to file a suit using the fundamental human rights procedure which is quicker and cheaper and you dont even have to appear before the judge at all.once the court papers are served on the school,they will backtrack on your issue,stop wasting your time begging them.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by D419(m): 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
confidant:
Revamping our educational system. It's a must for this generation. Appalling sentence construction.. which way naija.
.....Dude,you such a ba...stard. Is dat what u should say? Do u what it means to be xpelled after four yrs in skul?...am sure u ar some dude battling jamb...idi.... ot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIOSUN Students Brutalised By Air Force Officers (Photos) / Chinelo Okafor, UNN Best Graduating Student (Faculty Of Health Science) / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.