Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School (18606 Views)

My School Declared Me Wanted On 10th December. / Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by DeathStroke007(m): 7:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Danny2701:
Hello everyone am a final year student of an higher institution in Nigeria, On the day am defending my project i got a letter from my HOD that i have been expelled from the school for using fake credentials, i was bothered and went home straight to noticed the fake credentials i used, to my surprise i noticed that the WAEC result I submitted has an error, a number was mistaken, 4instead of 3.
That is where it all started, i was told to write a letter of appeal for re verification in which i did severally but no response, i went further to see my school registrar and explain the looks of things to him, i begged him to help me and he agreed. He called the man in charge and he said i was rude to the team that verified my result (team that i have never set my eyes on) he agreed with the registrar to solve the issue and the registrar told me i can go everything is going to be alright. After waiting for weeks no response i proceed to the registrar again to know what is wrong and He start with stories.
The main reason why i want to sue my school is this.
The man that printed my waec o level result for me has a shop and operates in side the school environment. It actually happens the of clearance when the man that supposed to clear me told me i can not submit my secondary school notification of result, that i need to bring an online print out. Due to the fact that am working and i need to go back to that work I dropped my notification of result slip with the man to help me ready my result so i can come for my clearance the next day, this guy went ahead to edit a template to print my result in which all the grades are correct but instead of 39 he mistaken it for 49 i never noticed this until i got the letter.
The guy that printed this result later flee due to the fact that he swindle some students and the school never find him till date or do anything about it.

That is where am going.
1. Why will the school approve a shop for someone without the person having a reliable source or referee that can find this guy.
2. Why won't the school reinstate me even when i was ask to produce my waec original in which i did and they crossed check to see that am not lying.
3. Why will they wait till i finish my academics before issuing out a letter of expulsion to me after i paid all my necessary dues. (That fraudulent)

Please i want you guys to advise me on this. Thank you

Shebi your school get VC? Write letter directly to VC

Go to your faculty officer and Deen and address letter through them to BOS

Lobatan
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by tkconcept(m): 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
My brother, I am a lawyer and it is my humble opinion that you do have good case and a fighting chance. But u have to be sincere to ur self. Do you want to fight the school authority or do u want to resolve the issue and graduate.

I'll advise you get a lawyer to write you a very good appeal. Copy the school authority, copy the NYC, copy the Senate committee on education, the human rights commission and the publics complains commission. State ur case clearly and drop ur first point about the man who did the printing. That's not a very strong point.

Ur case is strong on two grounds, 1. If the school was diligent they should have discovered the error before now. During ur screening so thier own negligence shouldn't cause you any harm or liability. 2. Before such a decision is taken, you should have been contacted to explain either to a panel or other independent body. Thier failure to do that has contravened ur right to fair hearing provided under chapter 4 of the Constitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria. What we lawyers refer to as the audi alterem patem and Nemo Judex in causa sua.

Consider ur options carefully before you act.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by danduchi(m): 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
My guy I feel ur pain... This is my advise to you Pray, humble yourself, go and meet ur dean of student affairs, explain everything with a low tone and compassionate face. Thank God in ur church later with this testimony
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Affluentkess: 7:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
@ Op i guess you have gotten all needful advice both legal and common sense.

And i commend the courage it took you to post here,but would also advice you go back to your post and observe the needful grammatic errors and note their correction. It would help for futuristic purpose..........and dont forget to keep writing.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by DTOBS(m): 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Please go ahead....
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by ogadTop2: 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Was there anytime you did clearance with originals of the CERTIFICATE? If yes, you could sue the school on the ground of colluding with the computer business centre operator to defraud you by tampering with your documents,deliberately extorting money from you for 4yrs in the name of school fees and not giving you qualified value "certificate" for your academic efforts.

However, suing your school will only make sense if you already have sufficient credit passes/grades to make up for having the required minimum 5credit passes excluding the affected subject and the affected subject is not a core admission requirement e.g English, Math, Physics, Biology, Chemistry,Government etc

Goodluck
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by ibnjarir93(m): 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
Danny2701:
Hello everyone am a final year student of an higher institution in Nigeria, On the day am defending my project i got a letter from my HOD that i have been expelled from the school for using fake credentials, i was bothered and went home straight to noticed the fake credentials i used, to my surprise i noticed that the WAEC result I submitted has an error, a number was mistaken, 4instead of 3.
That is where it all started, i was told to write a letter of appeal for re verification in which i did severally but no response, i went further to see my school registrar and explain the looks of things to him, i begged him to help me and he agreed. He called the man in charge and he said i was rude to the team that verified my result (team that i have never set my eyes on) he agreed with the registrar to solve the issue and the registrar told me i can go everything is going to be alright. After waiting for weeks no response i proceed to the registrar again to know what is wrong and He start with stories.
The man that printed my waec o level result for me has a shop and operates in side the school environment. It actually happens the of clearance when the man that supposed to clear me told me i can not submit my secondary school notification of result, that i need to bring an online print out. Due to the fact that am working and i need to go back to that work I dropped my notification of result slip with the man to help me ready my result so i can come for my clearance the next day, this guy went ahead to edit a template to print my result in which all the grades are correct but instead of 39 he mistaken it for 49 i never noticed this until i got the letter.
The guy that printed this result later flee due to the fact that he swindle some students and the school never find him till date or do anything about it.

That is where am going.
1. Why will the school approve a shop for someone without the person having a reliable source or referee that can find this guy.
2. Why won't the school reinstate me even when i was ask to produce my waec original in which i did and they crossed check to see that am not lying.
3. Why will they wait till i finish my academics before issuing out a letter of expulsion to me after i paid all my necessary dues. (That fraudulent)

Why not sue the school? All those years in vain?
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by ehisdan(m): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Bros let me tell u a story. A brother finished his university for three years his result was withheld. Ask me his offence, he did noting wrong. A church program was going on and the man of God fish out his sister. And the sister confessed to be the witch behind it. In her confession she said she covered the boy's certificate in a spiritual pot in their coven.

Another one is that a brother finished his university in peace with good result and every one was happy. The brother was manipulated by forces of darkness beyond him. He took the result back to school handed it to there professor and told him he cheated when he was in 100L.

I believe you can now see where ur problem lies. My brother you need God intervention in this matter. If not the demon that cause the typographical error of ur number will manipulate u to sue the school and the school will not even struggle to win the case, that will be the end of ur education.

You need prayer and a genuine man of God to back u up.

I will support u in prayer and also urge everyone reading this to put u in prayer.
May God bless u and make ur case a testimony like others in Jesus name! Amen.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by airsaylongcon: 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
sorepco:
Man i tire oh! Dude cant construct a sentence properly!!!! As i was reading i was also lamenting his writtong/his english construct....how can a whole graduate write so terribly poor english? Due to this i feel he did not write his waec or o level himself. Someone did it for him, thus the failure to realise the error.

See pot calling kettle black. How does someone "do" an exam for someone else? You can write an exam for or sit for an exam on someone's behalf. You don't "do" an exam for someone

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by rhames(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Danny2701:

That is where am going.

You do not need to sue the school. Apply to the WAEC to write the school directly which will cost you a bit. Wait for the schools response. If there is no response, involve the NUC by writing them a letter stating your plight. Involve the law enforcement agencies like the efcc and icpc if there is no response from the school authorities.

if all the above don't work, you can involve a legal adviser and the best are the human rights lawyers like FIDA and National Human Rights Commission Abuja for full redress in a court of law.

Whichever way it is, these dumb sick and wicked psycho lecturers will still victimise you even if you win your case. Explore another option of starting your program all over again or seek transfer of your final year to another institution.

Good luck.

Meanwh
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by missjahiniekpe(f): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
I will to go back to school and read gramatical error education to be able to comprehend this... Please i will reply in the next four years, thank you for understanding.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by abbayrex: 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
My brother, don't mind those fools hauling insults at u for your grammar. Give some of them a pen to write an essay and Its WW111. Regarding ur plight, I don't know hw mild to put this bro, but u put ur zef into this predicament, what kind of person entrust a live changing decision with a school cafe attendant who is busier than u? As an undergraduate, u can't be too negligent with credentials especially numbers. I advice u stop sifting blame and pray to ur maker the registrar is ready to help wen next u meet him begging, crying while prostrating like ur whole life depends on that certificate. And yes it does, even if its 3rd class.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Adeevah(m): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
Consult a good lawyer(not elebi)...explain you ordeal...you may have a good case...
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by seggzz(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
Danny2701:

That is where am going.

Don't ever sue the school because you're the one at fault. Presenting fake result mistakenly is not a justification to sue to them. Did they tell you to give your result to someone to be type for them? You must be foolish to listen to people who tell you to sue.

How to go about it? Just put it in your mind to pay for your foolishness in cash. Go to ADR explaining to them the whole issue. Ask them how to go about it without sueing them.

Quick and Nigeria solution? You need to put money in envelope begging from HOD to other heads
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Ozugbo(m): 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Danny2701:

That is where am going.

Your grammatical prowess is jejune.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by stevLegend: 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
That word, 'sue,' i so much love it.
Court Riiiiiiiisseeeee!!!
Order!!!
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by cutebobo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
That is the height of stupidity. While should they wait till ur final year.

If you do not sue them, I fit swear for u sef because I'm also an undergraduate and I know what it takes to study in Nigeria Universities.

You must sue them for their foolish act. Do u even know that, someone who is not emotionally stable can commit suicide over this?

Sue them for making you to experience emotional problem.

Write an open letter to NUC, Ministry of education, and that useless school which should be published on Newspapers

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tobilastik:
with this ur English sef, I no know wetin I go tell you

BTW

Android too dey do over sabi jare....I wanted to send "nice pics" but my phone auto spell checker changed it to "nice pigs"...because the babe is fat she just blocked me without waiting for explanations... Shey na my fault?

*shed tears*
u guys are crazy

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by dustydee: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Good by what you typed, you asked someone to "forge" a result for you using the original statement of result you had with you. I am afraid the school is right if that is what you did. You could have simply bought a scratch card and printed a copy or gone to get the original.
"Short cut = short life". Just appeal to the voice of reason to resolve this issue.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by rhames(m): 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
Danny2701:

That is where am going.

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Aarenasbaba(m): 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Consult a good lawyer for advise
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by mytym1: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Too bad but just try ur best before taking that kind action
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by rexesq(m): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Taylor184 post=41247878]Bros...I have an issue against you, and I don't even know the right court to institute an action against your gross homicide of the lingua Franca through absolute disregard for punctuation marks..No wonder the school is reluctant to accept you back as a student..

Haba. Y na? Christmas too much o!
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by rexesq(m): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Taylor184 post=41247878]Bros...I have an issue against you, and I don't even know the right court to institute an action against your gross homicide of the lingua Franca through absolute disregard for punctuation marks..No wonder the school is reluctant to accept you back as a student..

Haba. Y na? Christmas too much o! E be like say u be him HOD
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by eleko1: 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Dnt 'sew ur shoe'/engage a lawyer embarassed undecided.Dnt add fuel to ur wahala or U'll regret Ur 'foolishness' Yes! Stupidity thereafter.By the time dey deal with U(missing result/script),U'll knw thaat Ovaltine and Milo nor bi d same. Go and meet ur HOD/any friendly lecturer to help U out(get to school b4 Dem,prostrate well)I believe they'll surely help/cleared U.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by irepat1(m): 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
There are many ways to go about this.
Appeal to school authority.

But can you mention two persons who sue their schools and won?
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Coolcash1: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Taylor184:

I am a student of one of the topmost federal University in Nigeria. And the fact that this is the second federal university I'm attending, I still don't get the point you are driving at..I finished from the University of Abuja, and i don't understand what you talking about! Mind elucidating?

What I am saying is not in the context of bribe but simple "appreciation" of the man... wink
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by akanbiaa(m): 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
Instead of 39, 49 was written? How can printout template from website be edited and to what end will the guy do that for you and did he also adjusted the grade from F to D?
Your side of story is that there was a mistake which you failed to rectify,
School side of story is that you forged result especially since number and grades changed from what the original is,
The guy you claimed did these hope you were not the one that told him to get rid of your F? If you are sure you are innocent then you are careless indeed for not taking drastic action immediately till when school verified. But as i said if you are 100% innocent, a good lawyer will do the needful but its going to be a dificult case and you risk being charged for forgery since you cannot produce the man who printed it, school is at liberty to hire shop to anyone with means of identity not necessarily gurantor or referee.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by akanbiaa(m): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
missjahiniekpe:
I will to go back to school and read gramatical error education to be able to comprehend this... Please i will reply in the next four years, thank you for understanding.
Did you get his message or not? Forum like these is not for criticizing gramatical error, you can do that in the language/ education section that might require more formal presenation.
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by tosyne2much(m): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Gboliwe:
You want to sue your school for your own carelessness? Are you seriously for real? Instead of you to keep begging and ask for a way out, you are thinking of suing. Oya, sue and give us update too.

Bro, you saved me from typing stress.. God bless you

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by tosyne2much(m): 10:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sheikwonder:
O.P: First,your 'English' na wa... I'm almost inclined to ask where you studied.

Second:Anyone who is advising you to sue does not have your best interests at heart. Because if you sue,it is a lose-lose situation for you.

How?

You see,the fault lies squarely with you.It was your duty to present the right documents as stipulated by the school.When given your admission letter it is often stated there that in any event that you supply wrong data or a forgery,that the school reserves the right to deal with you accordingly which usually means expulsion.So on this ground,you lose.

If somehow you get a lawyer who takes up your case in court,be assured that your case WILL drag for years such that you will waste years over graduating with a 2:2[judging by your English].If perchance you get your degree via court injunction,considering the time taken to acquire it,it would seem futile. So you lose,again.

Get your HOD & your folks to plead for you and humbly accept your fault.
If you sue,they'll turn you to suya...
Wonderful comment bro cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIOSUN Students Brutalised By Air Force Officers (Photos) / Chinelo Okafor, UNN Best Graduating Student (Faculty Of Health Science) / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.