Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) (28307 Views)

2 Hausa Snake Charmers At Ikeja Spotted Displaying Their Skills (Photos) / Hit And Run Honda Driver Kills A Man Today In Otukpo,Benue(Graphic Pics) / Hit And Run Driver Kills Man In Benue State (Viewers' Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by infogenius(m): 6:54am On Dec 23, 2015
It is well with her.

*No government blames here
send to God a get well prayer
for her*

A long night for her but I am
positive she made it.
She shall chop Christmas IJN
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by johnmartus(m): 7:17am On Dec 23, 2015
A RESPONSIBLE GIRL SHOULD BE AT HOME AT LEAST 9 0 CLOCK
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by dominique(f): 7:22am On Dec 23, 2015
Keneking:
Couldn't someone just lift her up and get some.people to follow to the general hospital undecided

- LASUTH is just few metres from the scene
- why did she not use the pedestrian bridge undecided
- anyway, I blame the past government for not installing functional street lights along that highway. Jonathan sef cry

According to the Op she wasn't crossing, she was standing by the roadsside to get transport when the car veered off the road and hit her.

God bless the Op and every other person that pitched in one way or the other to assist the lady. I hope she makes it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by thorpido(m): 7:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Drabeey:

Yeah no p. my company is closed for the year.
I'm thinking of checking her over at the general hospital today. but I don't know her name neither do I know how to go about seeing her.
plus if anyone can help..I'll be really happy
Go to the Accident and Emergency section of LASUTH.If that is where they took her to,then she will still be at the A & E.
Good job Op.Follow her up.

2 Likes

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Yankeepepper: 7:32am On Dec 23, 2015
Change your attitude this festive period.. Merry xmas in advice.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Emmytech1(m): 7:32am On Dec 23, 2015
I pray 4 her rcovry
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by dragonking2: 7:36am On Dec 23, 2015
Drabeey:
The ambulance just got here now
Weldone. You tried but next time if chanced also try to record or get the plate numbers of the card before he runs...This will help track the culprit.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Dexema(m): 7:37am On Dec 23, 2015
wow! they called 112 and it went through, ambulance came and took her away...I swear things are getting better, Lagos might present it's own sort of dangers but the collective will of lagosians can stop anything. thanks OP good job! pls follow her up, I pray she makes it.

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Beremx(f): 7:38am On Dec 23, 2015
johnmartus:
responsible my foot!

IF you have ever worked at that Ikeja axis and you need to board a bus to your destination from Ikeja along every day,you wont blame that girl for anything. Getting a bus this yuletide coupled with the fuel scarcity, you sef think am na!
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Dexema(m): 7:39am On Dec 23, 2015
johnmartus:
and this is an irresponsible statement sir.[sup][/sup]

7 Likes

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Barywhyte(m): 7:40am On Dec 23, 2015
This attitude of taking pictures of dying people is very disgusting and inhuman. Whatever happen to nearby clinics or hospitals
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 23, 2015
Holywizard:
God wont die in Jesus name
undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by mykel25(m): 7:44am On Dec 23, 2015
johnmartus:

It so easy for me to notice ure a kid still feeding on mummy's food..... as if you don't know working class often get home late

3 Likes

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2015
Who is this one
johnmartus:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Orikinla(m): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2015
[size=18pt]OP, you are a hero.
May Almighty God give us more people like you everyday and everywhere on earth.

I pray she survives to testify how God used you to save her precious life.

The driver would have hit the others crossing the express road and that would have been worse.
Minister Fashola should build more well lit and secure foot bridges and station a Rapid Response Police Patrol Squad nearby for public safety and security of lives 24/7.[/size]

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by pussygotlips: 7:47am On Dec 23, 2015
I Wish her quick recovery,
i was also hit yesterday by a lady but i thank God for sparing my life. If una see how i fly ontop of car, surprisingly the lady and my mother were classmates in primary school.

2 Likes

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 23, 2015
God bless the person who thought about covering her with a wrapper to keep her warm. Thats standard procedure while waiting for an ambulance. She will pull through.

Pls never attempt to move accident victims without proper equipment. Moving them just might kill them. Thank u OP for calling the ambulance service and not trying to lift her yourselves.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by texazzpete(m): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2015
oliidell:
Drabeey. God bless you real good
The initial pics says 11:10 pm. So I'm assuming u called 112 just before that time. The ambulance arrived at 1140 so that makes the response time roughly 30 mins.
Now considering the proximity and the time of the day, that's not good enough. A lot can happen in 30 minutes. I hope the ambulance was a mobile ICU. Well, like someone stated, thank God they came Something tells me she'll be fine though. Kudos to all of you that helped out. Once again, well done OP

One has to factor the traffic on the road. 30 minutes isn't world class, but it isn't bog standard too.

People should learn how to give basic first aid treatment.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by dominique(f): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2015
johnmartus:

Very wrong of you to judge someone you've never met for a second in your life. There are companies where people work till late in the night. Some people close their shops as late as 11pm and leave for home. Does that make them irresponsible? Obviously, you're not exposed.

6 Likes

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Motherfucker2: 7:56am On Dec 23, 2015
In Nigeria, if the Hit and run driver is caught, he will bail himself with 5k
Try that shiit in USA, the charges you will face will surprise you.
Assault with a deadly weapon, Unlawful flight from justice, endangering human life, negligence, traffic violation. Attempted manslaughter.
You will get 15-20 years in prison.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by coolhumble(m): 7:59am On Dec 23, 2015
Thank you OP. She will be made whole in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 23, 2015
Keneking:
Couldn't someone just lift her up and get some.people to follow to the general hospital undecided

- LASUTH is just few metres from the scene
- why did she not use the pedestrian bridge undecided
- anyway, I blame the past government for not installing functional street lights along that highway. Jonathan sef cry

That might not be a good idea as lifting her without knowing the extent of how badly hurt she is might make her worse. Room should be made for her as crowding may limit oxygen available for her , check her pulse and give some commands to know how responsive she is and to know if she's aware of her surroundings.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by RVBC: 8:02am On Dec 23, 2015
Sum1 said we should like wizkid page on face book! In a post whr sum1 almost died embarassed the person that used ur sense did well!!! N:B may God spare her life

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by tosine25: 8:03am On Dec 23, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
Who is this one

No one I guess.... And I guess he's staying in one remote area .... That's Y she thinks a girl should be home by den.... U can't predict Ya movement in Lag, Mr.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Damayor12(m): 8:05am On Dec 23, 2015
johnmartus:

You're an idiioott and grandely Stupeed for your statement.

I mean every disrepect.

Goat.

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by johnmartus(m): 8:07am On Dec 23, 2015
dominique:

Very wrong of you to judge someone you've never met for a second in your life. There are companies where people work till late in the night. Some people close their shops as late as 11pm and leave for home. Does that make them irresponsible? Obviously, you're not exposed.
AM SORRY DEAR I APOLOGISE TO EVERYBODY.

3 Likes

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2015
texazzpete:

I
One has to factor the traffic on the road. 30 minutes isn't world class, but it isn't bog standard too.

People should learn how to give basic first aid treatment.

Oga a non medical personnel cannot administer first aid to an accident victim. However from the video the lady wasnt bleeding from any orifice hence no need to change her position to keep her from choking but already she was lying down in a good position. She was already covered to keep her warm because she may have been in shock and cold...to me that is the most important right then. I am sure they kept her talking to ensure she remained conscious. So what first aid are you refering to?
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 23, 2015
Motherfucker2:
In Nigeria, if the Hit and run driver is caught, he will bail himself with 5k
Try that shiit in USA, the charges you will face will surprise you.
Assault with a deadly weapon, Unlawful flight from justice, endangering human life, negligence, traffic violation. Attempted manslaughter.
You will get 15-20 years in prison.
Few days ago I saw a car drive past when the traffic light was on red, instantly before my very eyes cameras flashed and flashed. I was amazed. All within seconds. And you won't even know that there are cameras around. His registered number plate will be picked and he will pay for disobeying a traffic light. If this was applicable in Nigeria that hit and run driver would have been caught by now. I am so glad that that an ambulance in Nigeria made it in 30 minutes to pick the lady. It shows Nigeria is getting better. My fear is the receiving doctors, I hope they would be on duty, I hope they will have functioning equipment and I hope they will save her life immediately without asking for money at first. God be with her.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police CID Panti, Yaba On Fire / A Man's Friendship With A Crocodile / The Banana Experiment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.