Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) (28303 Views)

2 Hausa Snake Charmers At Ikeja Spotted Displaying Their Skills (Photos) / Hit And Run Honda Driver Kills A Man Today In Otukpo,Benue(Graphic Pics) / Hit And Run Driver Kills Man In Benue State (Viewers' Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by RVBC: 8:11am On Dec 23, 2015
johnmartus:
A RESPONSIBLE GIRL SHOULD BE AT HOME AT LEAST 9 0 CLOCK
angry how old is this one!!! Children are not allowed NW mstcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by slap1(m): 8:15am On Dec 23, 2015
OP we need feedback please. May God show her mercy.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by victorcalm(m): 8:18am On Dec 23, 2015
Some individuals are causes of their own doom. Pedestrian bridges are there for U, then u choose to take risk
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 23, 2015
victorcalm:
Some individuals are causes of their own doom. Pedestrian bridges are there for U, then u choose to take risk

You were sent to school to learn how to READ and write. You know how to write but I doubt if you know how to READ! Where in the OPs eye witness submission did you see where he narrated that the lady was either trying to cross the road or was already crossing the road? He said she was standing by the road side waiting for transportation.

READING is essential to knowledge! Try it sometime it just might lift your IQ.

23 Likes

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by poseidon12: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2015
Keneking:
Couldn't someone just lift her up and get some.people to follow to the general hospital undecided

- LASUTH is just few metres from the scene
- why did she not use the pedestrian bridge undecided
- anyway, I blame the past government for not installing functional street lights along that highway. Jonathan sef cry

Read the report again. She was not crossing the road. So the issue of not using the pedestrian bridge does not arise. She was waiting on the roadside and this vehicle that was trying to avoid hitting some people crossing the road swerved and hit her instead.

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by miqos02(m): 8:42am On Dec 23, 2015
hmmm
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by mitchyy(f): 8:44am On Dec 23, 2015
victorcalm:

Please read the narration again sir, don't just skim through. I bet you'll modify your statement.

2 Likes

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by bacco2000(m): 8:44am On Dec 23, 2015
Holywizard:
God wont let her die in Jesus name

Amen ooo.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by mradjoy(m): 8:51am On Dec 23, 2015
@OP we need update please, I pray for that young lady that you shall not die but live to declare the word of God in the land of the living in Jesus name. Don't worry your enemies has failed already, you shall eat christmas chicken tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Saraha1(f): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2015
No evil shall befall her
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Gapsy101(m): 9:08am On Dec 23, 2015
She will never die IJN but live.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Ligxy(f): 9:12am On Dec 23, 2015
johnmartus:
A RESPONSIBLE GIRL SHOULD BE AT HOME AT LEAST 9 0 CLOCK
That may be possible in whatever village you live in, but sir, this is Lagos.

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by GogetterMD(m): 9:15am On Dec 23, 2015
Keneking:
Couldn't someone just lift her up and get some.people to follow to the general hospital undecided

- anyway, I blame the past government for not installing functional street lights along that highway. Jonathan sef cry
A few minutes away by walking. But driving, remember that they would be on the other side of the express and have to go turn ahead
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by lacicrips(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2015
sexaddict08:

if her time don reach, nothing like pity...
E be like say ur time don reach.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by leighcon(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2015
OP good one , at least you knew the right thing to do. The typical Nigerians would have clustered around her doing nothing other than shaking heads.

On your description, here's another problem with us Nigerians; to you, Ikeja Along is a perfect way to describe because you know it as it and assume that everyone should know it as it. How about if I tell you an incident happened at Checking Point in V/Island, Pelewura in Adeniji, Sandgrouse in Sura, Abule in Ikeja, Hospital on Allen, Alagomeji in Yaba? Can you honestly tell me you have a picture of all those places I listed? I bet at best you only know some and that's What probably happened to the call centre agent that received your call.

To be fair to her, the call centre is not located around that area and she probably does not commute that route. In addition, do note that these people receive calls from all over Lagos and can honestly not know everywhere the way the locals know it.

As such, you would have added that the accident happened on Agege Motor Road(on the side heading to Egbeda or heading to Oshodi), close to the pedestrian bridge by the Ikeja Rail way crossing intersection, which is a few metres away from Airport interchange.

With the above, I bet a stranger will even understand better.

My point is we need to improve our art of description in this country.

Well done once again for helping a victim.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by miqos02(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2015
Keneking:

what if the victim dies on the way, the helpers will be in trouble
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by sexaddict08(m): 9:39am On Dec 23, 2015
lacicrips:

E be like say ur time don reach.

do u know how many people die per minutes around the world? about 105.... yes!!! every fvcking minutes...
my brother, if your time don finish u must die oooo and insects go eat ur flesh. I'm sorry , but that's d sad thing that must happen to u.
don't forget, your family n friends will bury your aaass inside ground and pour sand on u so that them no go perceive your smell...
you'll be lonely there until one single meat no go dey your body.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:43am On Dec 23, 2015
Drabeey:
I will do that and get back to y'all here

Oga ao far?
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by claremont(m): 10:20am On Dec 23, 2015
The Ambulance Paramedics in Nigeria need to be properly trained on how to deal with RTC victims. RTC victims shouldn't just be manhandled into an Ambulance, at the very least, a cervical collar and spinal board should have been used on the victim.

First Aid lessons should be a part of the curriculum in schools, future damage to the C-Spine of the casualty could be reduced if a First Aider had immediately stabilized that area with his/her palms prior to the Ambulance arriving. What we have instead are people looking at the casualty and taking pictures with no one providing basic First Aid.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by tourphland(m): 10:22am On Dec 23, 2015
naijadeyhia:

You were sent to school to learn how to READ and write. You know how to write but I doubt if you know how to READ! Where in the OPs eye witness submission did you see where he narrated that the lady was either trying to cross the road or was already crossing the road? He said she was standing by the road side waiting for transportation.

READING is essential to knowledge! Try it sometime it just might lift your IQ.
lool please bro have mercy on d poor boy
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 23, 2015
Look how long she was on the floor ..
No paramedics ... Ambulance ... Sad mehn common first aid nko .. Thank God people where there . Hope shes ok oh

The budget wey buhari put aside for health i hope it improves ambulance service .. Emergency call for aid etc .
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by bolseas(f): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2015
I kept visiting the thread to read the outcome of OP's visit to the lady.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2015
Keneking:

Kene u de promote dis jonathan o....
thnk u for always mentioning his name.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Petroking: 11:15am On Dec 23, 2015
Drabeey:
I just crossed now and I met her at the other end of the road. Immediately I heard squeezing tires sound. The lady I just saw was hit and the driver ran away. she wasn't crossing at all..
I called 112 and many others called. my surprise is that the lady that picked kept asking me where ikeja along was and what can I use to describe the place. smh...

no ambulance yet as at when filling this report... and the lady is gasping... I'm sorry for her oo

According to what I deduced from here, the lady was waiting for her transport home while some guys were crossing the express. The vehicle that however hit the lady waved his hand from not hitting those guys on a close range and he ran into the lady standing by the side of the road.
However, those guys can't be blamed for crossing the road and not using the pedestrian bridge because that bridge is even very dangerous at that time of the day. that is where some catch their victims and rob them. so it's better to cross the road ( updated )
Nairalanders,please say your prayers for this lady... she was just an unlucky victim
mods, pls move this to the from page. her family members might be here

watch the video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSXM0xz3WoQ

Hello Drabeey, thanks for the post and may God bless you. The face of the girl looks familiar but people might actually resemble each other. If she is who i think she is .. The person i know.. her family would be very grateful for your help. I only have her contact and I know she resides in Ikorodu but i have never been to her house or visited her as i stay in Ikeja(Anifowoshe settlement area). I am very sure her family will be contacted by the Mobile ICU Unit
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by dabossman(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
Well done OP for being a good samaritan. While I agree that the bridge may be unsafe for crossing at night, you still see people crossing right under that bridge even in broad daylight, dashing in between cars. Now, some guys crossing have caused this poor lady to be a victim of hit and run, even on the side of the road.

May God spare her life and grant her quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by andyanders: 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
Op, May The Almighty Jesus secure you and yours IJN as you have saved the life of this lady, so shall yours be saved. I know that she will NOT die but to live for the glory of God.

Most drivers here do not take caution when driving even when they see someone, they try to accelerate their vehicle not minding the danger the pedestrian or other road users are in.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by Jacko1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
She is reaponsive so she wil survive she is jus in shock
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by streetzdreamz(m): 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2015
an ambulance came 30mins after a call was placed through,in Nigeria and during this fuel scarcity? this country is rapidly changing for good and I hope it stays this way, @topic I hope the Lady pulls through, and may your best wishes come true @op,with your kind around there is a ray of light down the tunnel.
Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by linearity: 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
FolarinLondon:

O boy, thank God the ambulance was there in 30mins.

Here in UK, they ll keep you on the phone, asking you silly question while the victim is speedily dying.
They also keep the caller engaged on the phone in the US as well, it is the standard practice and is what should be done, but they are not delaying the response.

Based on your GPS coordinates, the first responder already know your general location that, help will start coming that way immediately. The reason they keep you engaged on the phone is to get as much information as they can, they also rely the info you are giving them to the first responders who are on their way, this will better equip the first responders to access the situation on arrival and be better prepared to take action or adjust action plans...Plus you the caller appear to be a witness p, so those moments they stay with on the phone, they are also gathering enough information that will help the investigation down the road and since the incident is fresher in your brain, it is the best time to document them.

1 Like

Re: An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) by daveP(m): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2015
Drabeey weldone for this.

Knowing they might delay and frustrate you, try to write a short, formal note both to the doctor in charge and the lady. Description of events would be helpful.

Docs should be able to distinguish good samaritans from family members.

She'l survive IJN

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police CID Panti, Yaba On Fire / A Man's Friendship With A Crocodile / The Banana Experiment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.