Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,069 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

"Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode (24765 Views)

Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / Wike Is Spending His Last Days In Office – APC / Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by jstriker442(m): 10:45am On Dec 23, 2015
WaffenSS:

Yes we do. Our main revenue stream, oil, has gone down.

Actually that's the period we even had our highest borrowings. We borrowed to fund recurrent consumption, we borrowed to pay salaries, we even borrowed ostensibly to fund the war against BH but ended up being largesse to PDP via Dasuki. And this borrowing was against a backdrop of rising oil revenues.

It was the organized labor and virtually every Nigerian that resisted subsidy removal, mostly because of the duplicity of FG and poor presentation of the deal. Also, subsidy was partially removed by GEJ and the savings seemingly ploughed back into Sure P, only to end up doing absolutely nothing and the funds vanishing into thin air.

Our main source of revenue is dwindling, our income-generating agencies are rife with corruption, our economic system is consumption based, our government structure is bloated and parasitic. Our civil service is vast and unproductive.

Tell me how we can sustain or even develop this system without funds. Where the only option is to borrow, shouldn't we, as long as the will is there to do the right thing?

Let's be optimistic about PMB's intentions. We all hope for a better Nigeria. But we won't get it if we all decide to be armchair cynics and critics hoping it all fails.

If he does fail, then by all means he shall bear our wrath. But until so, we owe Nigeria our hopes and prayers, because win or lose...it affects us all.

u say we shud borrow, hw do we pay ??

'' dwindling oil prices ''
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by lastpage: 10:46am On Dec 23, 2015
stonemasonn:
the question you should ask yourself is if Jonathan had won and Okonjo-Iwela still finance minister, how would they have handled the current economic situation; don't you think Okonjo would have borrowed more to finance 2016 budget?

Dont mind all these "jaundiced" saTANoids!

They like to play 'dumb' despite the fact that common-sense is the most freely distributed item amongst humans yet as greedy as they are, that is one thing they seem never to request more of!
shocked shocked

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by holaralph(m): 10:48am On Dec 23, 2015
FFK is suffering from accumulantitiasis lolzzzz that's my own English
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:49am On Dec 23, 2015
Ibrahim Magu please ask one of your guys to dust and bring this guy's files, he needs to be busy at the moment.
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by aliscomonaj: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2015
FFK, have you forgotten too soon that 7 Nigerians in the past administration of President Goodluck Jonathan stole N3.3 trillion meant for the development of the country. your name will soon appear in the 7 embezzlers.
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by lastpage: 10:51am On Dec 23, 2015
jstriker442:

Improved infrastructure, improved Power, improved education, improved health services will cumulatively increase our productivity which in turn, would improve Govt revenues through Tax (income, Corporate, VAT, e.t.c), through enhanced manufacturing capability and eventually this will trickle to export.

Except you are telling me that if l borrow you #50Million Naira today, you will still be a poor man in three years time nd be unable to repya me back?

Are you that kind of person?

.... just so we know, Aliko Dangotte borrowed his "First CAPITAL", from his Grand father! Today, he has repaid what he borrowed and is Africa's richest man.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by qtx(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2015
AWONEYAN:
At least not like Dasuki?
When will this gap toothed parrot stops making a fool of him self
A man accused of money laundering advising on financial management
A man who collected billions to manage Gej's election but under his nose d money enter voice mail...
A man whose Ex-wives n children sees as a monster preaching santity on national issues

Oga FFk, I know you were disapointed when you read that the Budget was higher in capital expenditure than d last adminstration budget despite the reduction in oil revenue (the simple maths is no more sharing)
Also you were expection bubu to say subsidy is removed so you can come tell us your big english(sinister,malicious move.e.t.c)

Despite the fact that, last govt sold oil higher than the benchmark,...yet nothing to show for the reserve,we still had to borrow money to give dasuki and that one turns to santa clause

Abeg park well...this guy. Needs Magu's attention asap
Dont worry i can almost predict Buhari's action. simple arithmetic: Buhari to amaechi, hey you, come here. Are you saying you havent seen anything wrong during this parrot's administration as minister of aviation? amaechi: boss, haba, i havent checked, there is no way we wont find anything na trust me sir. we will sure see even if its N500 misappropriation it will be enough to shut him off. Buhari, do something sharp. sharp Guy!. Amaechi ok sir, trust me, i fight like a bull dog remember how i faced GEJ. grin
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Idris29(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2015
It's obvious the man is frustrated. He wants to make himself relevant in Nigeria when it's obvious he is not. A supposed elder statesman Who is acting like a fool.
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by kayabd(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2015
kodded:
Nigerians will understand the true meaning of change by this time next year when a cup of garri will be N100 and a trip to Cameroon and other neighbouring countries will look like flying to dubai
just hear wat u said...it makes no sense
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by oweman: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2015
undecided

Epistle by an idiot named st. Fani Koyade member of a thieveing gang in Nigeria .
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by mbulela: 11:01am On Dec 23, 2015
There is nothing I detest like men who lack self-awareness.
FFK is shameless.
If we did not have cesspits like sureP, amnesty program and arms deal, we will not be in the economic mess we find ourselves in. Where was he then?
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Koleman(m): 11:07am On Dec 23, 2015
kodded:
Nigerians will understand the true meaning of change by this time next year when a cup of garri will be N100 and a trip to Cameroon and other neighbouring countries will look like flying to dubai
try buy rope
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Achuwa1(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2015
If i may ask,who is going to service the debt that this present administration is incuring now,i hope the future generation knows fully well that this debt will be waiting for them in future,,,lets think before we argue unnecessarily,it is true ffk talks alot but at times he says the truth
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by LuckyLadolce(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2015
drss:
...but u enjoyed d lies of liar mohammed n bbog scam all used to tarnish GEJ's image through freedom of information signed by GEJ himself.
Well my choice and my opinion. By the way, am not in support of anybody. I jst hate the fact that fani kayode politicise everything about this government forgetting that his party ruined this country for good sixteen years. Truth be told... this country is ruined by PDPs. And if APC perform woefully, mark my moniker, I will come out and criticise against them.
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by WaffenSS(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2015
jstriker442:

Like I keep saying, other sources of funds are picking up.

The most inspiring thing about the budget is not the total amount being higher than ever, nor the hefty capital vote, or the zero based philosophy.

It's actually the fact that for the first time ever, oil revenues are less than 15% of the budget.

What does that mean?

It means there's life after oil after all. And it also means PMBs corruption war is working. In just 7 months FIRS, Customs and other revenue generation agencies are finally shedding corruption and working.

Hopefully by next year the non oil component will rise, and perhaps other sectors would make some input into the pool.
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Achuwa1(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2015
The present administration can do away with all those campaign promises tht is not realistic with wat we have & tht can plung us into borrowing,then finish all pdp on going projects & finance the government with wat it can generate then in so doing see if petroleum price will go up,,,,its an insult for government to go borrowing to pay unemployed or less priviledged 5k monthly,,,
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by LuckyLadolce(m): 11:18am On Dec 23, 2015
Jazzlite:

e pain am....
tongue
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by justmenoni: 11:23am On Dec 23, 2015
Lol your comment got me laughing out loud lol...i hv vow not to comment again on nl since some bias mods ban me for over a month just cos i was advocating for rights to B.iafra..well im yoruba so wats the point of banning me cos i support freedom for everyone.....the mod wey ban me come back oo and ban me again like i give an F..wats d point of banning people is it for the mods to attract more users and then in return they will be using it as a selling point..seun,nl and his mods are becoming a joke just like ou current leaders are a joke...imagine one idiot named justwise banning me close to two years isnt that insane oic they want people to get other usernames and they can keep on screaming that they have 2 million members..

no wonder they didnt even invite them for longthroat fest today..

garri 100 naira next year kikikikiki

kodded:
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by ayo2pec(m): 11:49am On Dec 23, 2015
Noice
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by udeh3(m): 11:51am On Dec 23, 2015
kennydee05:

That's the exact direction we are looking at, an that is well taken care of in the budget. We are diversifying and move from reliance on unpredictable price of crude oil.

Diversifying the economy and developing the economy are two different words. Diversifying the economy is to invest and not looking for profit now. So, while waiting for the result the diversifying economy will bring, how do we service the debt?

1 Like

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by AJaylee(m): 11:59am On Dec 23, 2015
Can someone tell dis guy to pls, keep silent?
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by menxer: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
If GEJ could borrow to pay salaries and FFK clapped for him, I don't expect FFK to clap for PMB for borrowing to finance capital projects.
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by mbulela: 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
Achuwa1:
If i may ask,who is going to service the debt that this present administration is incuring now,i hope the future generation knows fully well that this debt will be waiting for them in future,,,lets think before we argue unnecessarily,it is true ffk talks alot but at times he says the truth
What truth is he speaking? He is a delusional fellow.
As long as the debt is used in funding viable capital projects and not for paying salaries.
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by mbulela: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
menxer:
If GEJ could borrow to pay salaries and FFK clapped for him, I don't expect FFK to clap for PMB for borrowing to finance capital projects.

The man lacks self-awareness
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by joetins(m): 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
is like a review of his corruption case may calm this man and give him sense
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Misterdhee1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
djkirkoo2:
d money dat dasuki shared to everyone including ur god bubu was abacha's loot which bubu said dat abacha is not a thief but a good man. I still dey wait d day wen APC E-rats go get sense to know say APC na scam, although some don dey get sense small small sha so make u do get urs
if apc happens to end up being a scam then at least Nigerians will be wise enough to cast our hopes on another party and not peoples' destroying party who destroyed the nation single-handedly for 16 good years. My brother wake up and embrace change and stop pitching tent alongside a fool like FFK!
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Nicepoker(m): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
Drunken sailor lossss. Reminds me of treasure island. Long john silver.
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2015
D billions dat jona borrowed dat ended in ur party pocket all in d name of boko haram nko......now borrowing to feed d hungry masses is now a crime
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by vicese(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by kennydee05(m): 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
udeh3:

Diversifying the economy and developing the economy are two different words. Diversifying the economy is to invest and not looking for profit now. So, while waiting for the result the diversifying economy will bring, how do we service the debt?
Good question...
1. By empowering and ensuring a good platform for revenue collector.
2. Making necessary policies that will attract foreign investors and their must be seriousness from govt too
3. Blocking of loopholes of ensuring proper utilisation of allocation to all MDAs
4. Promote indegenalization of our production and encourage export.
Am not an economist ooo
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Jesusloveyou: 12:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
So Dasuki hasn't indicted fani yet.
hahahahahahahaha, since metuh was indicted, he has kept quiet

1 Like

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by franudi: 1:00pm On Dec 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
So Dasuki hasn't indicted fani yet.
Idiot, so you want the apc to us efcc to intimidate him, so that he will keep quiet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi / Emefiele: Governors Appoint Soludo As Chairman Of Committee To Engage CBN / Buhari And Osinbajo Pictured With Presidents Of Benin, Niger, Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.