Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money (2100 Views)

Do Men Find It Weird/creepy If A Lady Has Little Social Media Presence ? / Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Why Some Toto Dey Carry Meat And Some Toto Dey Get Little Or No Meat ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2015
I know this sounds like gold digging but it's not. It's what I call "Redundancy". Lots of people say "As long as we are happy" but give them 5 years (if no money and poverty strikes in).. they start unnecessary quarrels. ..yelling.. and in another 2 years the woman starts regretting if she has a child she would say "let me stay for my son" if she has non she starts flirting outside.. another year... divorce. That's the bottom line.

It's a good thing for ladies to have a criteria for marriage. Believe me, marriage is not by force. Marriage won't stop you from dying if you get run over by a truck or shot in the head by stray bullet. Marriage won't bring out cash from the atm when your balance is 0.00. So it's not something you dive into because you have have a moment.

What is a moment? A moment is a short period where you are extremely in love with your partner. Maybe he bought you a new teddy bear or something so you have this drive to be with him ignoring the future! It's a normal thing for all guys to be angels when dating a girl they plan to marry. That should not fool the ladies.

Fast forwarding to his finances.. You need to evaluate and estimate how your so called lover boy is able to take care of you and the kids when you get married. For example, he is working in a firm and he is paid N10 , 000 - N30 , 000 a month and judging by the country economy that salary won't increase in fact he can be sacked at anytime. Do not marry such a person!

Here are the lists of things to evaluate before getting married:

- Salary Per Month
- Net Income after all expenses such as rent has been paid! What is left? Remember it's gonna be two of you not just him anymore.
- Is he willing to increase his income ?
- Does he economise his spending or he is the type that celebrate between 24 - 30 (salary period) and get broke 1 - 23? Is that the husband you want?
- Does he have any form of insurance? For example, he looses his job, is there any savings anywhere he can use to pick himself up? Does he have a rich family member that can load him up when he is broke?
- Is he willing to spend for you? No Coz he is a broke ass.

If many ladies today evaluated these things, they won't be married to those broke men they are married to instead the men would be able to work more and better their life then get the best lady for a wife. If you as a lady ignore these because of a moment then you should be in for the setbacks. What are the setbacks.

1) You would never remain the same.

2) Poor feeding. If you were eating 5 times in your father's house, you would start eating 2 or 3 times. Later 3 will become 2 and 2 will become 1 if care is not taken

3) Your eggs are in one basket if you have no job of your own. If the basket falls or gets broken your eggs are broken.

4) fine, you have a job, overtime you would begin to use out of your salary to maintain expenses whilst your husband does feeding or the other way round.

5) You would lack lots of amenities a woman should have. Why? In the name of marriage or love? Seriously?

6) Poor maintenance of your children. Shall there be no money, your children won't enjoy things they should in their childhood. Because your funds are so little.

7) You will remember your ex! That explains itself

cool You would always nag at each other at some point.

9) You would look less appealing than you were before you got married.

And so on....

I am not saying you should start digging for gold I.e looking for a rich man to milk. No. My point is, don't be in a rush, consider your partners finances. Forget about yours. After all a man is supposed to feed his family including his wife. Not the two of them. It's the man! Let him do his job as a husband you do yours as a wife. Let the economy of the country speak to you. You can spend N50k in Nigeria you won't know what you used it for coz it has no value anymore. So his 30k salary or even 50k salary is nothing. Ask the guys in the finance industry.

If you too are so in love, you can still be together but ensure he is financially ok to take care of you and the kids when you get married. There is no point rushing into marriage.

Like I said this is not telling you to become a gold digger please read and understand before you start your trash comments. This is saying you should ensure there is enough finance before getting married.

Bye...

3 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by falconey(m): 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
the country is not helping, no man wishes to be broke, infact we love money more than ladies.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Mskrisx(f): 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2015
*takes a deep breath*
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
Stupid Op. Do u think any man enjoys being poor. Stop discouraging people on RL angry

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
You cretinous cünting fückhead. You know nothing about marriage. Cause If you did, you wouldn't compile that tedious piece of shït up there, and even gone to the extent of posting it for all Nairalanders to see. But being the programmed ignoramus that you're, you hastily rushed to prepare a lengthy bullcrap just to gain a few accolades (likes). Such a fücking son of an epileptic whörecunt.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by obiorathesubtle: 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2015
Thing is.. Life is 50-50

Even if we say marry a rich man.. There's a chance he'll go back to being poor.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by yomi007k(m): 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2015
Thank u very much op for discussing an issue people usually turn a blind eye to.

I often tell most of my friends to evaluate themselves(financially) b4 entering into a relationship which is a form of partnership where they become sponsors with little or no return.

Relationships require resources-Money,Energy,Time,Activities,sacrifices, etc

My point is- As a woman should look at the man's finances, The man should also look at his/her/their finances.

Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Rone16(f): 7:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
But some men start off poor but end up becoming rich due to hardwork and some rich men even end up becoming poor at some stage.I think a lady just has to be supportive to her guy(rich or poor).

4 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Rone16(f): 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
But some men start off poor but end up becoming rich due to hardwork and some rich men even end up becoming poor at some stage.I think a lady just has to be supportive to her guy(rich or poor).And by the way sef,why focus on only guys.Ladies gotta have to start working for the family too.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
Tell me what I don't know about marriage sir.

I guess you are broke and my post offended you.
MelancholicGuy:
You cretinous cünting fückhead. You know nothing about marriage. Cause If you did, you wouldn't compile that tedious piece of shït up there, and even gone to the extent of posting it for all Nairalanders to see. But being the programmed ignoramus that you're, you hastily rushed to prepare a lengthy bullcrap just to gain a few accolades (likes). Such a fücking son of an epileptic whörecunt.
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Cybertext(m): 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hmmm... I don't normally say this but this is an endtime Reason
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2015
You have a Myopic line of thought.

Do you know that most rich folks we know today had it rough at some point.
I rest my case.
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
Strahovski:
Tell me what I don't know about marriage sir.

I guess you are broke and my post offended you.
That I don't share your lousy sentiments doesn't imply that I'm broke. You have a perforated brain. Schooling your sheer ignorance is same as trying to fill a basket with water - a waste of valuable time and energy. Fucking Rëtarded twünt. May your friends have a jolly day while burying your corpse.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2015
Lol all this insults because I posted on NL.

My post really offended you

MelancholicGuy:

That I don't share your lousy sentiments doesn't imply that I'm broke. You have a perforated brain. Schooling your sheer ignorance is same as trying to fill a basket with water - a waste of valuable time and energy. Fucking Rëtarded twünt. May your friends have a jolly day while burying your corpse.
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
So ladies should marry poor men?
PushMusic:
You have a Myopic line of thought.

Do you know that most rich folks we know today had it rough at some point.

I rest my case.
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
Strahovski:

So ladies should marry poor men?
Poverty is a mindset. I've hung around Billionaires to know they ain't any different from an average hustling dude like me so keep your silly damn opinion to yourself.
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2015
Lols. U HV a point tho but hey op, As history has it, My Dad wasn't near an Hundred Thousandnaire before Marrying Momma. They built their empire (bright future) together using the tool called 'Mutual understanding , Love and a clear laid out plan for the future'. Good news , their empire has been built and in fact, well furnished cheesy. All they do now is mere oversight and maintenance wink.

So the point IMO is that even if the finance ain't that much, So far u guys love each other, have prospects and are really ready to stick ur asses up for each, are matured enaf to cut yor coat according to your Cloth - This is very IMPORTANT, marriage shouldn't be any BIG deal.
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
PushMusic:

Poverty is a mindset. I've hung around Billionaires to know they ain't any different from an average hustling dude like me so keep your silly damn opinion to yourself.

My opinion is already passed and nothing stops the ladies from reading. I don't know why some guys are angry.

Hahahahaha. Broke ass niggas
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
Strahovski:

My opinion is already passed and nothing stops the ladies from reading. I don't know why some guys are angry.

Hahahahaha.Broke ass niggas
Like your opinion counts.

Hisses at the bolded.

So now you're telling me you are rich baa!

Oya! go ahead and brag. cheesy

@princeprinz
Your head is correct. cheesy
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by MrMcJay(m): 12:41am On Dec 24, 2015
Op, did your mom consider all these before she married your dad?
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by myke92(m): 3:46am On Dec 24, 2015
@op, wat happens wen d finances go dry in marriage?
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
PushMusic:

Like your opinion counts.

Hisses at the bolded.

So now you're telling me you are rich baa!

Oya! go ahead and brag. cheesy

@princeprinz
Your head is correct. cheesy

Whether it counts or not... it's already passed and I'm not mandating anybody to follow it. I only stressed my view. Everyone has his own view. So using vulgar language on a person because his view does not flow with yours is just immature.

Regarding me being rich, I am able to take care of my family conveniently everyday so that's what matters.

Read my post well.
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
MrMcJay:
Op, did your mom consider all these before she married your dad?

What concerns my mom with the thread? Why are Nigerians like this? And for your info, my father is a comfortable person and he was capable of taking care of 5 kids conveniently until they all became men and women on their own.

So don't mention my father.

Thank you.
Re: Reasons You Should Not Marry A Man Who Has Little Or No Money by MrMcJay(m): 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
When you throw stones in the marketplace, it could hit a member of your family. That is exactly what happened to you.

FYI, my mom supported the dreams of my dad and stood by him to become what he became.

FYI, I asked that question in order to be able to understand what informed ur jaundiced opinion.

(1) (Reply)

What Add Colours In A Relationship If Your Partner Aint Romantic? / How I Deal With A Heavy Villainous Guy Who Slap My Girl. / Help: Should We Continue In This Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.