Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander (40100 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by amiskurie(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.
So let me narrate my own experience

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

Is it cute-hector?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by miraakas123: 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
meezynetwork:
That's the disadvantages of a faceless forum
you are right nairaland need to provide a feature that will allow to upload a profile picture.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Applaner: 12:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
You know what? whatever you say cant get to me, you are somewhere living in abject poverty. Frustrated , broke and looking for where to dispense those poverty anger, you search and couldnt find anywhere, You managed to get a 6,000 naira china phone, and thanks to networks that gives free MB, you come online and spew trash. Sorry your frustration cant get to me, whatever you say doesnt change the fact that you will remain broke after coming online to spew trash grin grin cheesy cheesy sorry bro i cant help you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin . I remember that OP and it gives me a good picture of what you are going through

Maws 4 u o
After advising us not to curse.

Am afraid u are DE one DE man pursued out of his house.

Please develope some manner or at most .....

Fake dat u ve manners even wen u don't.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by kissval1388: 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
haba op. I thought we Don settle this tin?
why you com bring my matter come here again.
for this, no cross mainland again. I swear your head go bleed if I see u for my shop again.

lols. guys take correction. no be anybody u see online u go insult. some Na python ooo.. lols
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by MyGeneration(m): 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
it has happened to me b4, I found someone's Samsung s4 in a car, d person called nd I picked so we agreed to meet smwere for me to give him his phone, one time out of boredom since d guy was on sub I decided to just enter nairaland on his phone afterall I can clear his history, d guy was a nairalander already logged in I saw likes and mentions, I didnt want him to know dat I went tru his phone so I just went straight to his post history to see what they are liking, I discovered he was that tyoe that what he does everyday is move around politics section and curse igbos.
I just went to his gallery looked at d pics of d innocent looking f00l, carried d phone as I was passing tru one bridge I threw it inside.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by sinizia: 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
Your story is faker than Nicki Minaj's bòobs.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by chronique(m): 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
Epic! I've always known that those who take delight in throwing insult at people for no just reason,are actually low lifer's. Reason is that,serious minded and matured folks won't stoop that low to constitute a nuisance online.
naijainfogalery:
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
Aminat508:
cheesy cheesy
Searching4love is the only team foreign girls I know on NL

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
DickDastardly:

Searching4love and kestolove. Those two are full of hatred and curse words. I wish they can both be unmasked cheesy grin
Am sure it is one of them grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by jasysandra(f): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
bidemi12:
I still wonder how Nigerian's think i swear. They never seem to ask logical and normal questions. Why would anyone just pick up someone else's laptop to use without their permission? This should have the first question asked. And do you know the odds of this fake drama happening? There are less than 2 million members on NL nationwide, so, out of more than 120 million Nigerians, the guy hooks up with the daughter of another NL member, leaves his laptop to go shopping, the dad uses the laptop without consent, and happens to discover another NL member's moniker who's been insulting him. NIGERIAN'S, USE YOUR BRAINS. It is like their brains are wire differently from everyone else's on the planet.
Talking about rights and wrongs,I was totally wondering the same thing....

Why on earth would someone go through another persons laptop without permission??

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Allosaurus: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
StOla:

I only debate with facts. I barely abuse except it is a retort to one. Also if I present facts that you do not refute, but insist on your same argument without facts, then I simply walk away upon realising I'm trying to educate a retard.
Did I mention you? Oops! I was going to mention After1/ 1After and Babangbali/Iyangbali. Sorry, man!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by AreaFada2: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
No surprise here.

The most abusive, uncultured people on NL are those very sad, frustrated people with virtually nothing going for them.

Let's remember them in our prayers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by don4real18(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
Though it's good that we should mind our words on the social media, I believe you did something wrong by not respecting the privacy of the cyber cafe attendant which is quite bad.
I actually don't believe in the first story cos it looks fictional
I also believe that you shouldn't judge people with their media personality

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by tsdarkside(m): 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
dont be a threath to naija!!!

who cares,wheather you go europe,rom,moskau,mekka,america,israel,iran,china....

but this territory is naija!!!......you are born a nigerian,you owe your allegiance only to naija!!!

this is naija...!!!!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Gkemz: 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
Just like the hopeless dude beneath the Op. you may even be chatting with ur boss at the office without ur knowledge. So let's imbibe politeness because u neva know who might be reading your chat. Maybe ur HRM. The world is a small place
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Amberon: 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
I'm sorry on his behalf. I understood that you were just being sarcastic but he didn't understand and took it P.
my bad!!
BlackMaria:

Funny,u cud type this epistle @ me.
I was just teasing u based on the topic. Which was y,I added lol into my sentence.
Since u av decided to take it personal,then I b'liv u gat low self-esteem.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Vikky014(f): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:

your online personality is the real you bc no one can pretend online
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by ladycomfort(f): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
xtervaganza:
It's in my blood already

If you yab me I go yab you even for your face. I'm stubborn myself and I fear nobody except soldier grin grin
. See liar on NL even peeps that don't abuse you , you insult them. Mtcheew
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by redcliff: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:

TELL US HIS ID SO WE CAN EMBARRASS THEM ONE BY ONE OUT OF THE FORUM...LOL
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by preetyb(f): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
xtervaganza:
It's in my blood already

If you yab me I go yab you even for your face. I'm stubborn myself and I fear nobody except soldier grin grin

U no get mind
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Tufan(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
reg here through this link and make money without stress http://moneyandtask.com/?refid=63001
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
fellis:
Eyaaa sad
Poor searching4love cry cry
So they've not paid him for two months? No wonder he hates Nigerian girls. They are not giving him face because he doesn't have money.
I hope he finds a better paying job soon so that he will no more be a frustrated woman hater sad
It is searching4love. I remember that comment the op mentioned

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by bidemi12(m): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
jasysandra:
Talking about rights and wrongs,I was totally wondering the same thing....

Why on earth would someone go through another persons laptop without permission??

There is even a bigger issue at hand. If Nigerians can't ask pertinent question's on small issues as this, what do you think would happen as regards issues that affect our daily political lives? Nigeria is probably the most amazing country on planet earth. If i were the minister for education, i would introduce a new subject in primary institution called "thought process 101". We need to start training people on how to think in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
Mehn na Nigerian film be this oh!!!! Super story part 8....
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
NL old timers should know this. Guys are fond of this more.
Well, I hope they listen. Nice tale Op, thanks For sharing.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by noblegrex: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
You know what? whatever you say cant get to me, you are somewhere living in abject poverty. Frustrated , broke and looking for where to dispense those poverty anger, you search and couldnt find anywhere, You managed to get a 6,000 naira china phone, and thanks to networks that gives free MB, you come online and spew trash. Sorry your frustration cant get to me, whatever you say doesnt change the fact that you will remain broke after coming online to spew trash grin grin cheesy cheesy sorry bro i cant help you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin . I remember that OP and it gives me a good picture of what you are going through
imagine.just imagine. See who's talking.people who talk too much don't always know when they say trash that's meant for the bin. You came here to talk about someone abusing another on social media. Nairaland to be precise,yet you're nothing different from that. So,what's the lesson from your whrite up. ZERO

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by safarigirl(f): 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
uncle. after your earlier epistle, you still insulted somebody.

How you know say na 6k China phone e dey use? e f be your boss sef, you no go know.

Physician heal thyself mbok

9 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
don4real18:
Though it's good that we should mind our words on the social media, I believe you did something wrong by not respecting the privacy of the cyber cafe attendant which is quite bad.
I actually don't believe in the first story cos it looks fictional
I also believe that you shouldn't judge people with their media personality
I think it was acidtalk that posted that first story op narrated. Acidtalk is a notorious liar and everyone knows. Acidtalk dey blow acidic lie so nobody believes any shhiit he writes on NL

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
Allosaurus:
Was it StOla or Babangbali? I know those two are the most jobless pervs on Nairaland shocked shocked shocked
1stolax
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by micayo(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
Hahahahaha you know sometimes we come here and say things no thinking of the consequences, Its like me abusing your mum and saying LOL. The whole reason i put this up is for people to comport themselves and if you now deemed it fit to still come here and do exactly opposite what was posted. Then its you that has a very big Social media comportion disorder

OP, the sarcasm was obvious. You shouldn't have taken it P.

Not all cases do we have arguments or trading of insults due to different ideologies, some people come and play sarcasm on NL while the respondents might not understand the sarcasm (though I think it is dumb people dat do not understand sarcasm).

Our different ideologies and trading of insults doesn't make us enemies and that doesn't mean when we see physically we are enemies. My belief doesn't it make me right and yours doesn't make you right as well. I am against insults but then there are sometimes you use them to drive a point.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Funjosh(m): 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
Allosaurus:
Was it StOla or Babangbali? I know those two are the most jobless pervs on Nairaland shocked shocked shocked

The later is working just that his mumurish is out this world lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by ibkgab001: 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2016
Just like Donlekan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Smartphones Below 30K / Whatsapp Crashes Around The World Except In Nigeria / Spartak Moscow Throws Shade At Whatsapp, Facebook & Barcelona (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.