Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA (18416 Views)

FFK: If Buhari Finds Oil In The North, He Will Call For Nigeria To Split / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon / Foreign Refineries To Stop Buying Nigeria’s Crude Oil Due To NDA Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by rozayx5(m): 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nigeria wont develop

bad signs everywhere

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by sdeensquare(m): 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
Allah is ur strength
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by rozayx5(m): 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
I was part of a team that introduced some foriegn investors to a governor in the south east. They wanted to start a palm plantation and refine the palm oil to meet europe standard before exporting it.

This plantation will employ 2000 people for a start and return about 1.5b per month to the state government. All they needed was land.

The governor asked us how long before ROI (return on investmvent). We told him 6 years cos palm tree takes time to grow. The governor told us he cannot be investing for his successor to come and reap.

can you approach UDOM Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom hit me up

6 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by themilanway(m): 7:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nigerians are why Nigeria will forever remain a'Developing third world country".

A shame that a greedy and heartless Uzor Kalu had to kill an innovation that will for life put food on the table for millions of Abia indigenes and beyond.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by cruzita(f): 7:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
when other is still oil u think dey will look dat way .the answer is NEVER
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nawa4nl: 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
sdeensquare:
Allah is ur strength
I beg no make me laugh.
wetin allah fit do?

ALL POWER BELONGS TO JESUS

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by dadebayo1(m): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
I was part of a team that introduced some foriegn investors to a governor in the south east. They wanted to start a palm plantation and refine the palm oil to meet europe standard before exporting it.

This plantation will employ 2000 people for a start and return about 1.5b per month to the state government. All they needed was land.

The governor asked us how long before ROI (return on investmvent). We told him 6 years cos palm tree takes time to grow. The governor told us he cannot be investing for his successor to come and reap.

I feel that is the main reason why our leaders do not want to go into large scale agriculture.... Agriculture takes time before one can get back returns on investment and most of the governors are thieves who are looking for fast chop money... Since agric can not give them access to large chop money they would rather prefer not to "WASTE" time on such venture.. GOD help us to direct our leaders right... All we need is our leaders to make sacrifices for the future.

4 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by omowolewa: 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
That can only work when Nigeria start its strategic planning monitored by the NASS.

ROI is a serious consideration especially with politicians who take the state as their private investment.

ROI is on of the reasons why Ajaokuta steel rolling mill, Aluminum smelting company, long term agrobusiness, Refinery building, Power Plant construction may not work.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by luckyboss(m): 7:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
Op why North 4 refinaries while others 3 ? your reason.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Ugomba(m): 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
luckyboss:
Op why North 4 refinaries while others 3 ? your reason.
they are more populated and have more landmass.

4 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mekonglobal(m): 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
Abia state . T A Orji to be exact. We were suppose to do it in Ukwa East LGA. There is an existing plantation there we wanted to expand it and start a palm oil refinery there with the investors from Italy
T.A Orji dat Godforsaking idiot, well i dont blame him, i only blame Orji Uzor Kalu who imposed him on us. :>

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Idrismusty97(m): 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:

This is shameful, You should have named that governor and his party irrespective whether he is APC or PDP he need to be condemned. WTF?

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Kelvin0(m): 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
musicwriter:
Only when it's backed by strong knowledge of science and technology, otherwise, it would just be a glorified subsistence farming. If you want to take Nigeria or any other country away from oil dependence, the first thing to do is lay the foundation for mass science education in our schools. Because, no nation can industrialize without science.
Science leads to technology, and technology leads to industrialization.
Science + Technology = Industry.
Science + Technology + Industry = Development.
This formula have worked for all industrialized country in the world.
You've spoken my mind bro..

3 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by IGBOPRINCE: 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:

chai, with this thought or impression,how can it be well with a black man?

4 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Realdeals(m): 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nice concept
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by snowpe(m): 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:

pls can you get across to me and we can do something about it in benue.get across to me via my mail okope2003@gmail.com.then we can discuss more.thanks
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
PHIPEX:
If I remember correctly, a barrel of palm oil is more expensive than a barrel of crude oil. The question is why then can't the govt develop this aspect and diversify the economy. Why are they so lazy, shortsighted and selfish?

It isn't the place of Government to set up farms. Their job is to provide infrastructure, standardization and export quality standards. There is a lot going on in the sector and a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people on NL. Plug in and get started.

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by jstriker442(m): 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
musicwriter:
Only when it's backed by strong knowledge of science and technology, otherwise, it would just be a glorified subsistence farming. If you want to take Nigeria or any other country away from oil dependence, the first thing to do is lay the foundation for mass science education in our schools. Because, no nation can industrialize without science.

Science leads to technology, and technology leads to industrialization.

Science + Technology = Industry.

Science + Technology + Industry = Development.

This formula have worked for all industrialized country in the world.

Guy, u 4nny oo
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by favourmic(m): 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
I have been thinking about this too very brilliant ideal I wish the government can work hard on it
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Xapio: 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:

that's why we need true federalism ...My state Ebonyi that has no
Oil, has no choice than to invest in agriculture and solid mineral development..We are very rich but we've been made to be irredeemably lazy cos of free oil money..#verysad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by luckyboss(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ugomba:
they are more populated and have more landmass.

Very nice,Good response.

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by GreatManBee: 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ugomba:
Its time for the FG to take up Agriculture as an important sector to boost the economy in the face of dwindling Oil prices in the world.
Now Lets look at ways FG can turn Agriculture into the New Crude Oil.
AGRO-INDUSTRIALIZATION.

- A State_by_State Cash Crop Large Scale Farming Policy should be carried out and managed by FG..
Let every state give FG atleast 300km2 of fertile Land to Federal Government for Cash Crop Large Farming.
For example.
All South East States- Palm Oil
All South West States- Cocoa.
All South South States- Fish farming
All North East States- Cotton
All North West States- Sugarcane( for sugar)
All North Central States- Rice.
Now after that, let the FG team up with Private investors to build at least
- 3 Palm Oil refining industries in the S.E
- 3 Cocoa Processing industries in the S.W
- 3 Fish Processing Industries in the S.S
Then in the North.
- 4 Textile Industries should be build in the N.E
- 4 Sugar Manufacturing Industries in the N.W
- 4 Rice Mill Industries in the N.C
- This policy will attract more investors, create more jobs, boost the economy, Stop the reliance on crude oil and finally you will see that foreign investors will rush in to invest in these Cash crops products.
- AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION is an important policy that the Government should not ignore.

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Ebiniz(m): 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2015

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Gassa007: 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
themilanway:
Nigerians are why Nigeria will forever remain a'Developing third world country".

A shame that a greedy and heartless Uzor Kalu had to kill an innovation that will for life put food on the table for millions of Abia indigenes and beyond.
Please not Uzor Kalu is Thief Orji

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by medoyin(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ugomba:
Its time for the FG to take up Agriculture as an important sector to boost the economy in the face of dwindling Oil prices in the world.
Now Lets look at ways FG can turn Agriculture into the New Crude Oil.
AGRO-INDUSTRIALIZATION.

- A State_by_State Cash Crop Large Scale Farming Policy should be carried out and managed by FG..
Let every state give FG atleast 300km2 of fertile Land to Federal Government for Cash Crop Large Farming.
For example.
All South East States- Palm Oil
All South West States- Cocoa.
All South South States- Fish farming
All North East States- Cotton
All North West States- Sugarcane( for sugar)
All North Central States- Rice.
Now after that, let the FG team up with Private investors to build at least
- 3 Palm Oil refining industries in the S.E
- 3 Cocoa Processing industries in the S.W
- 3 Fish Processing Industries in the S.S
Then in the North.
- 4 Textile Industries should be build in the N.E
- 4 Sugar Manufacturing Industries in the N.W
- 4 Rice Mill Industries in the N.C
- This policy will attract more investors, create more jobs, boost the economy, Stop the reliance on crude oil and finally you will see that foreign investors will rush in to invest in these Cash crops products.
- AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION is an important policy that the Government should not ignore.

I like this.

I think we all can unite and make the plans work by creating one at least in each geo political zone. All we need is trust and focus. If each member on NL can invest N500 on the project, I see no reason why we are waiting for the govt.

We have farmers that can advice, experts on land issues, banker and finance managers, architects , builders and job seekers that are ready to work. What then are we looking for, and who says we can't achieve it if we make plans towards it.. ?

Lets build our own nation
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by ylordy(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
Abia state . T A Orji to be exact. We were suppose to do it in Ukwa East LGA. There is an existing plantation there we wanted to expand it and start a palm oil refinery there with the investors from Italy
wow,how much is the capital.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Xapio: 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
Idrismusty97:
This is shameful, You should have named that governor and his party irrespective whether he is APC or PDP he need to be condemned. WTF?
don't even start your APC PDP sycophancy here angry

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by madridguy(m): 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
May God punish the governor in question.

obasiken:

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Originalsly: 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sounds good to the ear and on paper but we need to take a close look. Like op said....crude oil is basically history.I have no problems with setting up palm oil refineries....adding value to the crops and making them marketable on the international market. Large scale farms are highly mechanized ... then the employees are poorly paid. Local residents would be displaced and more would lose their means of livelihood. Then who would take the responsibility of health problems caused by fertilizer run offs..... getting into the ground water.... absorbed by the fishes we eat..... insecticides sprayed in the air that we breathe? Do we really believe the FG would for a minute think of the health of its citizens? Then we would have the introduction of GMO crops that would cross contaminate and destroy indigenous crops. When we can't use seeds from our crops to replant...don't we have to dance to the tune of the piper? We should never allow our food supply to be controlled. We should learn from the mistakes of others. Corn was the staple of South America... grown locally throughout for yearssss.... until GMO corn was introduced and contaminated local corn. Locals can no longer grow corn... they turned to coca... the one from which cocaine is derived... and we are still wondering why South America is the biggest producer of cocaine.Agri... yes... put the infrastructure and stuff in place to encourage small scale farming let people see that there is money in organic agriculture. My view. Hmmm... my throat dry....let me get some water Heineken!

6 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by sweatlana: 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
But instead of investing in agriculture our dumb pmb is increasing importation of rice and oil exploration in the north angry

3 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Bondesniger(m): 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
I sopport the move If not killed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike: Rivers Will Continue To Be Home To Igbos / Ukraine: Some Nigerians Don’t Want To Return - Geoffrey Onyema / FG Plans To Sell Electricity Transmission Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.