Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA (18419 Views)

FFK: If Buhari Finds Oil In The North, He Will Call For Nigeria To Split / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon / Foreign Refineries To Stop Buying Nigeria’s Crude Oil Due To NDA Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:
I was part of a team that introduced some foriegn investors to a governor in the south east. They wanted to start a palm plantation and refine the palm oil to meet europe standard before exporting it.

This plantation will employ 2000 people for a start and return about 1.5b per month to the state government. All they needed was land.

The governor asked us how long before ROI (return on investmvent). We told him 6 years cos palm tree takes time to grow. The governor told us he cannot be investing for his successor to come and reap.

obasiken@yahoo.com
u must be kidding Me...
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Patini147(m): 6:09am On Dec 25, 2015
chynie:
U no see North gets 4 While south get 3 refineries U must be northerner
Must yu be sentimental and tribalistic in your myopic reasoning?
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by cupidhero(m): 7:29am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:
Abia state . T A Orji to be exact. We were suppose to do it in Ukwa East LGA. There is an existing plantation there we wanted to expand it and start a palm oil refinery there with the investors from Italy
I know this is Christmas but i can't help but wish T A orji bad. I hate that midget with passion. That was pure wickedness.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Xapio: 7:34am On Dec 25, 2015
Daniel058:
I bu onye izi??
sure...
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by musicwriter(m): 7:35am On Dec 25, 2015
mikolo80:
plenty of mass science education(mostly ineffective)

I like you share with me what would be mostly effective.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Daniel058(m): 7:44am On Dec 25, 2015
Xapio:
sure...
mmeda bu onye Igbegu.. Ndubia to be precise. grin .
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by weezii(m): 7:54am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:
Abia state . T A Orji to be exact. We were suppose to do it in Ukwa East LGA. There is an existing plantation there we wanted to expand it and start a palm oil refinery there with the investors from Italy

Anambra states Ansippa is ever ready to work with you for the benefit of its people
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by olawaleqaasim(m): 8:35am On Dec 25, 2015
mikolo80:
its called being rational. in America you are remembered for your foresight here they will claim it as theirs

As far as I'm concerned, whatever is taken up on a public servitude ground shouldn't be (morally) to 'make 'em know I did this'.

For claims sake, transparency would have won it for anyone in that shoe, if scenarios like publishing how the public funds are used in real and transient forms, while maintaining an open-door policy on how people can question how they are managed are given considerations.

Being rational or not, it isn't a certificate to jettisoning something that'd aid public good....
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by olawaleqaasim(m): 8:39am On Dec 25, 2015
mikolo80:
its called being rational. in America you are remembered for your foresight here they will claim it as theirs

mikolo80:

As far as I'm concerned, whatever is taken up on a public servitude ground shouldn't be (morally) to 'make 'em know I did this'.

For claims sake, transparency would have won it for anyone in that shoe, if scenarios like publishing how the public funds are used in real and transient forms, while maintaining an open-door policy on how people can question how they are managed are given considerations.

Being rational or not, it isn't a certificate to jettisoning something that'd aid public good....
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by drnoel: 10:06am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:
I was part of a team that introduced some foriegn investors to a governor in the south east. They wanted to start a palm plantation and refine the palm oil to meet europe standard before exporting it.

This plantation will employ 2000 people for a start and return about 1.5b per month to the state government. All they needed was land.

The governor asked us how long before ROI (return on investmvent). We told him 6 years cos palm tree takes time to grow. The governor told us he cannot be investing for his successor to come and reap.

obasiken@yahoo.com

Lol thats the problem with nigerian politicians, no continuity.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Xapio: 10:23am On Dec 25, 2015
Daniel058:
mmeda bu onye Igbegu.. Ndubia to be precise. grin .
Nawa oo grin Akpaka Anigor is my inlaw na cheesy
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by tefund(m): 10:23am On Dec 25, 2015
until the oil becomes useless in the market reality would not dawn on us
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Kdamilola(m): 10:24am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com

That's indeed a typical Nigerian governor! They put their interests first before considering the masses... If they even do consider!!
Smh4naija
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Daniel058(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2015
Xapio:
Nawa oo grin Akpaka Anigor is my inlaw na cheesy
Chai! ! grin
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mecks15(m): 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
@obasiken, it is so painful that our leaders are so self centred that they only think about themselves. If there is anything you can do to bring this investors back, now that a new governor is in charge, please do. You will not only be helping yourself but the teeming unemployed youth in this country to get a livelihood. Let us the citizens begin to look for ways to better our lives in this country, because waiting for this set of greedy and selfish leaders will not do us any good.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Originalsly: 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
wink2015:

[size=18pt]This is an interesting write up. However, it will shock you to see President Buhari who is a farmer by profession allocating some billions of naira in the 2016 budget for oil and gas exploration in the Lake chad basin instead of into agriculture. This is happening at a time oil prices has fallen in the international market. Then why the hell Buhari is carrying the little money we have to explore oil in the north.[/size]
Oil prices always fluctuate....would be the answer. The problem is this is not the 20th century when the demand for oil always out weighed the supply. These leaders are still thinking in that era.... 1980's when US was a big importer... now at closing of 2015 US is exporting and cutting production because of glut.If all this oil is found and ready to be sucked out the ground by tomorrow... what are we going to do with it?... sell to whom? Bro... they stuck on oil mentality....in a time of oil glut in the foreseeable future.... and the development of alternative energies.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
The problem is inceasant corruption!
Ugomba:
hahahahahahahahahahahagahahahahahahahahaha.
Which state can that be?
Agriculture is a solid income eaner for nations like Holland, France, Israel etc
Nigeria has the land and manpower for it.. what can be the problem?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by tabashng(m): 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
Please do u still have the proposal?

Send me a mail saifsword247@yahoo.com

obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Ponponkon: 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
DrinkWater10:

OP There s new governor in charge now ,and who knows........He might buy into it because the is likely to enjoy two terms in power in the state
CC: Ponponkon
cc: Ponponkon
Lols,for sure. But there's division of labour o. The commissioner of Agriculture will be duly briefed. In the days ahead,the project will be a reality by Gods grace
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by EternalTruths: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:

Please how much were the Italians willing to invest

How much was the state expected to invest

Can you propose it to this new government in Abia

God bless you . cool

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by DrinkWater10: 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ponponkon:
Lols,for sure. But there's division of labour o. The commissioner of Agriculture will be duly briefed. In the days ahead,the project will be a reality by Gods grace
There you go.
Mr @Obasiken the gods have heard our plea.
Don't thank me; I m proudly Abian .....
Mr Ponponkon thank you ohhh
Please create more threads for your followers like my humble self
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com

A new sheriff is in town bro. we are able to make laudable progress if we channel our criticism to massive investment like this nature to our elected leaders.
i do hope the oil will become priceless soon and their eyes will be open to diversity the economy... we haven't talk about millet, sorghum, corn,rubber, soyabeans, groundnut, carrot and other food crops lying untapped . God will raise unto us our Moses - the deliverer from their hold..

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
God bless PMB
God bless my e families on nairaland
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Originalsly: 11:53pm On Dec 25, 2015
Very good idea for the investors to set up a palm oil refinery. But to give them land to cultivate ?.... I strongly disagree. The very land should be made available for locals to grow the palms. Can be divided into plots and technical advice and support be made available to them to maximize productivity. In such a way those who for generations were in the very business would maintain and upgrade their livelihood and others would begin a new venture. The ready market would now be the refinery. Foreign investors cultivate your land... don't even dream about reclaiming it unless by force. South Africa all over again.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by eitsei(m): 2:43am On Dec 26, 2015
Nawa4nl:

I beg no make me laugh.
wetin allah fit do?

ALL POWER BELONGS TO JESUS

Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
if all d power in heaven n d earth is given unto Jesus, what is now the role of his father, I mean God gangan,or Jesus is God?
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nawa4nl: 3:46am On Dec 26, 2015
eitsei:
if all d power in heaven n d earth is given unto Jesus, what is now the role of his father, I mean God gangan,or Jesus is God?
Have you not read that Jesus is God the Son?
Jesus said He and His father are one, Jesus holding all the power is also His father holding all the power.

Abi u think say allah or mohammed get any action tongue

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by eitsei(m): 7:26am On Dec 26, 2015
Nawa4nl:

Have you not read that Jesus is God the Son?
Jesus said He and His father are one, Jesus holding all the power is also His father holding all the power.

Abi u think say allah or mohammed get any action tongue

Allah is d Arabic language for God...so he gets action, he created heaven and earth and everything between them, he begot not and he was not begotten
he shares his supremacy with no one cos he is capable to oversee all his creatures without getting tired, FYI he created Jesus too, just like he created Adam n Muhammad
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2015
PHIPEX:
We are saying same thing, am not expecting the govt to set up farms. Let them provide incentives for young people to get back to farm. I know a lot of young people like me who are into Agro-allied business and I hope to plug in by the turn of the new yr but govt must not be excused.

I get where you are coming from. But believe me no one should wait for Government. When the early settlers left Boston for the western heartlands in the US they went without any state protection at all but today the Midwest feeds America. Today the US government supports agricultural but it was not always the case. The best governments are " fast followers" not " initiators" Government doesn't do project initiation well. I started out planting tomatoes in some garden pots and using this period for research and then expanded. Sometimes too much money and direction at the beginning of projects sniffles creativity and destroys the learning curve. I run an incubator in Lagos so I know this too well. The biggest currency we all need right now is passion. Passion will take us through the inevitable low moments and hold us through the learning curve. Lack of money will keep us from failing big but help us fail " fast and fail forward".Having said this maybe you want to check out the farm settlements system in your area. They have good ideas, information and resources. I like your plans, Nigeria is moving away from consumerism to " makerism" and you've thought right. Go for it. All the best in 2016

3 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by sharonbaron(m): 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
mikolo80:
why haven't you? easy to point fingers
. Mr critique you keep attacking people for voicing there opinion without profering a solution get a life and remember to judge not that you may not be judged

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by sharonbaron(m): 3:11pm On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=obasiken post=41310655]I was part of a team that introduced some foriegn investors to a governor in the south east. They wanted to start a palm plantation and refine the palm oil to meet europe standard before exporting it.

obasiken@yahoo.com
That's ochendo t.a for you and me but if you and the team of investors had told him that you intend to set up a newspaper company aimed at attacking his political foes like ouk (orji kalu) he would have given you all the support including the funds you need to set up the company as this will benefit him

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mikolo80: 12:15am On Dec 27, 2015
sharonbaron:
. Mr critique you keep attacking people for voicing there opinion without profering a solution get a life and remember to judge not that you may not be judged
cos talk is cheap and I'm hoping one of 'you ' will lead us to the promised land as even I can only talk for now. as soon as I'm able to take action I will stop critiquing.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mikolo80: 12:28am On Dec 27, 2015
olawaleqaasim:

I know where you're coming from. but ze 'reality ' on ze ground has to be taken into consideration. (when in Rome.....)
it's a sad situation I agree but that's all we got for now unless you got a big stick that you can beat everyone over the head with that I don't know about. we simply have to work within our given framework and slowly chip away (with chisel and hammer) at the problem in the absence of a bulldozer/wrecking ball/tank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari At The 4th Africa-arab Summit In Malabo (Photos) / "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head / 2019: APC Won’t Relinquish Power If They Lose – Senator Abaribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.