Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA (18418 Views)

FFK: If Buhari Finds Oil In The North, He Will Call For Nigeria To Split / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon / Foreign Refineries To Stop Buying Nigeria’s Crude Oil Due To NDA Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by PHIPEX(m): 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
greenpasture:

It isn't the place of Government to set up farms. Their job is to provide infrastructure, standardization and export quality standards. There is a lot going on in the sector and a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people on NL. Plug in and get started.
We are saying same thing, am not expecting the govt to set up farms. Let them provide incentives for young people to get back to farm. I know a lot of young people like me who are into Agro-allied business and I hope to plug in by the turn of the new yr but govt must not be excused.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Daniel058(m): 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
Abia state . T A Orji to be exact. We were suppose to do it in Ukwa East LGA. There is an existing plantation there we wanted to expand it and start a palm oil refinery there with the investors from Italy
Why not come to ebonyi state
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
As long as Nigeria Universities produces graduate who are only waiting for white collar job forget about it. Nobody is ready to wait for a long term business. It would have been better if our Government promote youths and modernize agriculture to create awareness in such a ways that every youth will love to farm just like the way they sponsor football and co.I just don't know how to convince these politicians to see what the country is missing. Our agro product are highly needed out there, It about re-branding and the level of poverty will reduce to a minimal level.

4 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Kingbilo(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
I'll never support giving the Federal govt land for anything. They should invest in the private sectorsector and put proper regulations in place .. Government is never reliable. Just the right monetary stimulation will bring on an agricultural revolution.

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Xapio: 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
OP you have a very nice point there but if you are waiting for government, you are wasting your time because unless we adopt true federalism, it's never gonna with; and we all know that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for Nigeria to adopt true federalism as currently constituted. My advice to every youth is to start any agricultural venture you can, no matter how small..Just start from somewhere..I've already started my cassava chips biz and by God's grace, I will diversify into rice farming in the near future. Agriculture is the future hope of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by IGBOPRINCE: 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
Abia state . T A Orji to be exact. We were suppose to do it in Ukwa East LGA. There is an existing plantation there we wanted to expand it and start a palm oil refinery there with the investors from Italy
abia state, lol,
anyway he only thinks as a business man and definitely want to reap from it or be honour.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Xapio: 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
Daniel058:
Why not come to ebonyi state
Dave is worse..He is used to free things..
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by kings09(m): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
Cos dat crude oil has nt dried up. Sometimes I jst wish dis crude will dry up so dat very state starts 2 cater 4 itslf. U go see say 9ja go divide peacefully
PHIPEX:
If I remember correctly, a barrel of palm oil is more expensive than a barrel of crude oil. The question is why then can't the govt develop this aspect and diversify the economy. Why are they so lazy, shortsighted and selfish?
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by darqly(m): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
chynie:
U no see
North gets 4
While south get 3 refineries
U must be northerner

Amazing that all you could pick from this useful topic is North vs South shocked shocked Totally shocking.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by abduljabbar4(m): 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
chynie:
U no see
North gets 4
U must be northerner

You are one of those pulling Nigeria backwards
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Daniel058(m): 8:04pm On Dec 24, 2015
Xapio:
Dave is worse..He is used to free things..
Lol.. We are going into full time irrigation rice farming soon ((federal government sponsored)).. Abakaliki rice all the way. .
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Xapio: 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
Daniel058:
Lol.. We are going into full time irrigation rice farming soon ((federal government sponsored)).. Abakaliki rice all the way. .
story undecided
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2015
I think the reason is that too much labour goes into producing a barrel of palm oil unlike crude oil that gushes out 24 hours a day.

PHIPEX:
If I remember correctly, a barrel of palm oil is more expensive than a barrel of crude oil. The question is why then can't the govt develop this aspect and diversify the economy. Why are they so lazy, shortsighted and selfish?
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by bonechamberlain(m): 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
I was part of a team that introduced some foriegn investors to a governor in the south east. They wanted to start a palm plantation and refine the palm oil to meet europe standard before exporting it.

This plantation will employ 2000 people for a start and return about 1.5b per month to the state government. All they needed was land.

The governor asked us how long before ROI (return on investmvent). We told him 6 years cos palm tree takes time to grow. The governor told us he cannot be investing for his successor to come and reap.
pls let us know that useless south east governor, so that we know who to crucify when the time arises.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Daniel058(m): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
Xapio:
story undecided
wait, you are going to see it happen
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by bonechamberlain(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
ok thanks for the info, t.a orji is already a goner, his crucifixion has already started.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by tk4rd: 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
I was part of a team that introduced some foriegn investors to a governor in the south east. They wanted to start a palm plantation and refine the palm oil to meet europe standard before exporting it.

This plantation will employ 2000 people for a start and return about 1.5b per month to the state government. All they needed was land.

The governor asked us how long before ROI (return on investmvent). We told him 6 years cos palm tree takes time to grow. The governor told us he cannot be investing for his successor to come and reap.
I GUESS YOU NOW SEE WHY WE ARE IN TROUBLE IN THIS COUNTRY.??
WE SEE LONG-TERM INVESTMENTS AS WASTE.
THE GOVERNOR DIDN'T CONSIDER THE PEOPLE OF HIS STATE WHILE MAKING THAT STATEMENT.
I HOPE IT IS NOT MY STATE THOUGH..
(EVEN IF IT IS, NKỌ.?? IN SHORT, NIGERIA DON SAWAA)
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by eyenibibio(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
This is a very good alternative to petroleum crude. Agro based products are the new crude. Op, these points and geo-political distribution you came up with is commendable. However, do you have a well detailed proposal of this which you can forward to the govt. It can create over 50,000 jobs anually.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
themilanway:
Nigerians are why Nigeria will forever remain a'Developing third world country".

A shame that a greedy and heartless Uzor Kalu had to kill an innovation that will for life put food on the table for millions of Abia indigenes and beyond.

Very depressing and deeply myopic and evil.

I drove past Ubima to Owerri a couple of months ago. The vast palm oil plantation left to waste depressed me immediately. We have ALL it takes to make this nation great BUT we've been cursed- or we allowed ourselves to be cursed - by primitive leaders.

In the midst of abundance, the fool is thirsty- Bob Marley.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by chynie: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
abduljabbar4:

You are one of those pulling Nigeria backwards
U are pulling nigeria up abi?
If I hearhear angry

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by chynie: 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
darqly:

Amazing that all you could pick from this useful topic is North vs South shocked shocked Totally shocking.
No I picked everything and pointed out what I don't like
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by braine(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
sweatlana:
But instead of investing in agriculture our dumb pmb is increasing importation of rice and oil exploration in the north angry
This is the second time I'm coming across your post on Nairaland. You really don't have sense.

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ugomba:
Its time for the FG to take up Agriculture as an important sector to boost the economy in the face of dwindling Oil prices in the world.
Now Lets look at ways FG can turn Agriculture into the New Crude Oil.
AGRO-INDUSTRIALIZATION.

- A State_by_State Cash Crop Large Scale Farming Policy should be carried out and managed by FG..
Let every state give FG atleast 300km2 of fertile Land to Federal Government for Cash Crop Large Farming.
For example.
All South East States- Palm Oil
All South West States- Cocoa.
All South South States- Fish farming
All North East States- Cotton
All North West States- Sugarcane( for sugar)
All North Central States- Rice.
Now after that, let the FG team up with Private investors to build at least
- 3 Palm Oil refining industries in the S.E
- 3 Cocoa Processing industries in the S.W
- 3 Fish Processing Industries in the S.S
Then in the North.
- 4 Textile Industries should be build in the N.E
- 4 Sugar Manufacturing Industries in the N.W
- 4 Rice Mill Industries in the N.C
- This policy will attract more investors, create more jobs, boost the economy, Stop the reliance on crude oil and finally you will see that foreign investors will rush in to invest in these Cash crops products.
- AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION is an important policy that the Government should not ignore.

With a very clement weather, a vibrant and hard working youthful population, we have it all......but we have dummies as leaders in key positions in the country.

Agriculture is the future. No consumption - driven nation will survive economically the next 100 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by PastorAji(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
My $2bn and £500m advice is this

Let every youth diversify; even if it's white,bluE or brown collar job. I'd vowed that 2016 my wife business will grow and expand to d extent that I'll have no choice to team up with her
because,
1. If you wait for government, you'll wait tire
2. The leaders are trying to divide us along Ethno/Religious lines. We've to decide to team up as a formidable force so as to move this con3 4ward.

Cos, if this COUNTRY FAIL (God forbid) we the youths will be held RESPONSIBLE.....
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Abiagirl777(f): 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:

of course it must be him,my husby is from ukwa and I knw the plantation too well,as of DEC last Yr iweeds have taken over and the trees yellow
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mrvitalis(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:

What if I tell u I have an idea that will bring more revenue and a far shorter ROI.. On the same investment plan.... .. Connect me on Petervitalis123@gmail.com let's talk better
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by tk4rd: 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
PHIPEX:
The quantity of crude oil produced per day, na im dey make their eyes pop out.
But then, had any ministry boldly stated the gross output of the products in their ministries.?
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Ugomba(m): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
dearpreye:

With a very clement weather, a vibrant and hard working youthful population, we have it all......but we have dummies as leaders in key positions in the country.

Agriculture is the future. No consumption - driven nation will survive economically the next 100 years.
Nigerians are in one chance with this many visionless low i.q rulers in Nigeria.
Btw they have accumulated "stolen asset wealth" for their children.
Agriculture is driving Holland economy.
The Black Man Leadership skills is indeed questionable especially among Africa president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
chynie:
U no see
North gets 4
U must be northerner

No mind the guy!!! Does he think the North is bigger than the east. My brother,let me tell you THE NORTH is not bigger than the EAST in terms of population. The British made it look that way so that the EASTERNERS will look like the MINORITY. The NORTHERNERS only have so much LAND. So,for it to be fair,there should also be 4 refineries in the EAST SHIKINA

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by wink2015(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ugomba:
Its time for the FG to take up Agriculture as an important sector to boost the economy in the face of dwindling Oil prices in the world.
Now Lets look at ways FG can turn Agriculture into the New Crude Oil.
AGRO-INDUSTRIALIZATION.

- A State_by_State Cash Crop Large Scale Farming Policy should be carried out and managed by FG..
Let every state give FG atleast 300km2 of fertile Land to Federal Government for Cash Crop Large Farming.
For example.
All South East States- Palm Oil
All South West States- Cocoa.
All South South States- Fish farming
All North East States- Cotton
All North West States- Sugarcane( for sugar)
All North Central States- Rice.
Now after that, let the FG team up with Private investors to build at least
- 3 Palm Oil refining industries in the S.E
- 3 Cocoa Processing industries in the S.W
- 3 Fish Processing Industries in the S.S
Then in the North.
- 4 Textile Industries should be build in the N.E
- 4 Sugar Manufacturing Industries in the N.W
- 4 Rice Mill Industries in the N.C
- This policy will attract more investors, create more jobs, boost the economy, Stop the reliance on crude oil and finally you will see that foreign investors will rush in to invest in these Cash crops products.
- AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION is an important policy that the Government should not ignore.

[size=18pt]This is an interesting write up. However, it will shock you to see President Buhari who is a farmer by profession allocating some billions of naira in the 2016 budget for oil and gas exploration in the Lake chad basin instead of into agriculture. This is happening at a time oil prices has fallen in the international market. Then why the hell Buhari is carrying the little money we have to explore oil in the north.[/size]

9 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by kk4real: 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:

Obasiken. Please can you kindly send me a mail on tonero98@yahoo.com or send me your contact details. I would like to engage you on something regading this agro topic. Thanks
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by enigma2007(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com

Oh God! What kind of thinking is that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘I Stand With APC’ — Atiku Condemns ‘explosion’ At Rally In Rivers / Work Resumes On Lagos Canal After PUNCH Report / 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.