Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA (18417 Views)

FFK: If Buhari Finds Oil In The North, He Will Call For Nigeria To Split / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon / Foreign Refineries To Stop Buying Nigeria’s Crude Oil Due To NDA Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ugomba:
Nigerians are in one chance with this many visionless low i.q rulers in Nigeria.
Btw they have accumulated "stolen asset wealth" for their children.
Agriculture is driving Holland economy.
The Black Man Leadership skills is indeed questionable especially among Africa president.

If you take a critical look at Africa, you'll but agree that we have chronic leadership and managerial skills; we've hardly got leaders that had/has vision and deep love for their people; most of our leaders are mere charlatans.

Why should White leaders take us seriously? When did we read of a European or an American leader stashing away stolen wealth in African banks? Do we even have robust systems?

Once a nation misses it in leadership, it's finished.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by JohnNgene: 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2015
Originalsly:
Sounds good to the ear and on paper but we need to take a close look. Like op said....crude oil is basically history.I have no problems with setting up palm oil refineries....adding value to the crops and making them marketable on the international market. Large scale farms are highly mechanized ... then the employees are poorly paid. Local residents would be displaced and more would lose their means of livelihood. Then who would take the responsibility of health problems caused by fertilizer run offs..... getting into the ground water.... absorbed by the fishes we eat..... insecticides sprayed in the air that we breathe? Do we really believe the FG would for a minute think of the health of its citizens? Then we would have the introduction of GMO crops that would cross contaminate and destroy indigenous crops. When we can't use seeds from our crops to replant...don't we have to dance to the tune of the piper? We should never allow our food supply to be controlled. We should learn from the mistakes of others. Corn was the staple of South America... grown locally throughout for yearssss.... until GMO corn was introduced and contaminated local corn. Locals can no longer grow corn... they turned to coca... the one from which cocaine is derived... and we are still wondering why South America is the biggest producer of cocaine.Agri... yes... put the infrastructure and stuff in place to encourage small scale farming let people see that there is money in organic agriculture. My view.

Thanks for showing us the other side of the agroindustrialisation coin. Organic is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by samuelson06(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
Abia state . T A Orji to be exact. We were suppose to do it in Ukwa East LGA. There is an existing plantation there we wanted to expand it and start a palm oil refinery there with the investors from Italy

Same thing is going on successful in Cross River State: one in Akamkpa and the other in Biase LGA. Infact, that of Akamkpa is the biggest oil palm plantation in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
Abia state . T A Orji to be exact. We were suppose to do it in Ukwa East LGA. There is an existing plantation there we wanted to expand it and start a palm oil refinery there with the investors from Italy

[color=#990000][/color]
TA Orji! That one na person?

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by benedictnsi(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
Daniel058:
Why not come to ebonyi state
As in eeeh Ebonyi is ready

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by rhames(m): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
I was part of a team that introduced some foriegn investors to a governor in the south east. They wanted to start a palm plantation and refine the palm oil to meet europe standard before exporting it.

This plantation will employ 2000 people for a start and return about 1.5b per month to the state government. All they needed was land.

The governor asked us how long before ROI (return on investmvent). We told him 6 years cos palm tree takes time to grow. The governor told us he cannot be investing for his successor to come and reap.

Typical Nigerian mentality
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by FANE4Naija: 10:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:
I was part of a team that introduced some foriegn investors to a governor in the south east. They wanted to start a palm plantation and refine the palm oil to meet europe standard before exporting it.

This plantation will employ 2000 people for a start and return about 1.5b per month to the state government. All they needed was land.

The governor asked us how long before ROI (return on investmvent). We told him 6 years cos palm tree takes time to grow. The governor told us he cannot be investing for his successor to come and reap.

obasiken@yahoo.com

Very sad! Don't even know what to say.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Super1759: 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
That bingo called TA orji is as silly as dog vomit. What does he know...ewu nkapi

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Moyanbe(m): 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
How can a governor in his right sense be thinking of profit for himself as a benefit of being the governor. This is so cruel.
Governor with short sightedness
I weep for the citizen
obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by gimbakupa(m): 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nice thought please put this in writing to the president.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by ihearYou(m): 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com

Indigbo will blame Buhari for this o. That is why we say biafra is a fraud. Developing ur own area is a task that must be done.

4 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mutvy: 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
I hope the government is reading this.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Gorodomu: 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
OP dis one na even long journey,came across a publication some years back listing resources in all d 774 LG's that cld be turned into forex earners with full details including figures.Will try to retrieve it and republish it.Really mind blowing,we have no business being poor!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Xapio: 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
Daniel058:
Lol.. We are going into full time irrigation rice farming soon ((federal government sponsored)).. Abakaliki rice all the way. .
thats good na..I campaigned for Dave during election and even made sure he won against my brother Edon..I just want him to deliver, that's all..
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by lohresloco: 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
A complete idiot for a Governor
obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by sweatlana: 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
braine:
This is the second time I'm coming across your post on Nairaland. You really don't have sense.

Go for substance not form!
You that has sence can
You dispute the facts I asserted?
Apc e-rat
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by braine(m): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
sweatlana:

Go for substance not form!
You that has sence can
You dispute the facts I asserted?
Apc e-rat

Facts you asserted?? I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ugomba:
Its time for the FG to take up Agriculture as an important sector to boost the economy in the face of dwindling Oil prices in the world.
Now Lets look at ways FG can turn Agriculture into the New Crude Oil.
AGRO-INDUSTRIALIZATION.

- A State_by_State Cash Crop Large Scale Farming Policy should be carried out and managed by FG..
Let every state give FG atleast 300km2 of fertile Land to Federal Government for Cash Crop Large Farming.
For example.
All South East States- Palm Oil
All South West States- Cocoa.
All South South States- Fish farming
All North East States- Cotton
All North West States- Sugarcane( for sugar)
All North Central States- Rice.
Now after that, let the FG team up with Private investors to build at least
- 3 Palm Oil refining industries in the S.E
- 3 Cocoa Processing industries in the S.W
- 3 Fish Processing Industries in the S.S
Then in the North.
- 4 Textile Industries should be build in the N.E
- 4 Sugar Manufacturing Industries in the N.W
- 4 Rice Mill Industries in the N.C
- This policy will attract more investors, create more jobs, boost the economy, Stop the reliance on crude oil and finally you will see that foreign investors will rush in to invest in these Cash crops products.
- AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION is an important policy that the Government should not ignore.

I wish I could vote you president of this country after reading such awesome post. That's a really fantastic idea and I wish buhari would read this.

Is high time we diversify our economy to yield more profit.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by Daniel058(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
Xapio:
thats good na..I campaigned for Dave during election and even made sure he won against my brother Edon..I just want him to deliver, that's all..
I bu onye izi??
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by lohresloco: 1:12am On Dec 25, 2015
Are they all not Progressives now, just quizzing
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by nextstep(m): 1:49am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:
All they needed was land.

obasiken@yahoo.com

shocked so short sighted... I wonder how many projects get killed due to this thinking...
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by BobUg28(m): 2:13am On Dec 25, 2015
Nigeria’s problem and solutions to the problems are clearly glaring at our face. If only the existing government would see the need and take it up from there without judging at what they will gain, in no distant time, Nigerians will become great.
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by jamjo: 2:18am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com

As you can see this kind of mind set is what is killing development in Nigeria. Look at it, a governor who is educated and this is someone who was elected to represent the interest of the people all he want was his own interest, we are all doomed in that country call Nigeria..
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by DrinkWater10: 2:26am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com
OP There s new governor in charge now ,and who knows........He might buy into it because the is likely to enjoy two terms in power in the state
CC: Ponponkon
cc: Ponponkon
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by DrinkWater10: 2:29am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:

obasiken@yahoo.com
Sir kindly push a mail to the guy i mentioned in my preceding post.....
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mikolo80: 5:33am On Dec 25, 2015
Ugomba:
Its time for the FG to take up Agriculture as an important sector to boost the economy in the face of dwindling Oil prices in the world.
Now Lets look at ways FG can turn Agriculture into the New Crude Oil.
AGRO-INDUSTRIALIZATION.

- A State_by_State Cash Crop Large Scale Farming Policy should be carried out and managed by FG..
Let every state give FG atleast 300km2 of fertile Land to Federal Government for Cash Crop Large Farming.
For example.
All South East States- Palm Oil
All South West States- Cocoa.
All South South States- Fish farming
All North East States- Cotton
All North West States- Sugarcane( for sugar)
All North Central States- Rice.
Now after that, let the FG team up with Private investors to build at least
- 3 Palm Oil refining industries in the S.E
- 3 Cocoa Processing industries in the S.W
- 3 Fish Processing Industries in the S.S
Then in the North.
- 4 Textile Industries should be build in the N.E
- 4 Sugar Manufacturing Industries in the N.W
- 4 Rice Mill Industries in the N.C
- This policy will attract more investors, create more jobs,
boost the economy, Stop the reliance on crude oil and finally you will see that foreign investors will rush in to invest in these Cash crops products.
- AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION is an important policy that the Government should not ignore.

why the 3344 formation. why not 6666.
you know those is how shot of marginalisation start
but personally why can't billionaire, bankers and alternative and cooperatives set up the plants instead of waiting for a gwament that may;or may not have this as a priority(ihow audu ogbeh delivers)
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mikolo80: 5:34am On Dec 25, 2015
obasiken:

you sef why you carry 6 years plan go meet 4 year gwamna

you cud hv gone with processing only(1yr)

obasiken@yahoo.com
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mikolo80: 5:36am On Dec 25, 2015
989900:
If only they will listen.

We've been clamoring for this since the 90s.
so clamouring. start farming
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mikolo80: 5:37am On Dec 25, 2015
obailala:
I shed a tear after reading this. Why on earth is Africa blessed with everything else except patriotic leaders?.... How did these kind of people end up becoming leaders?
what's holding your legs. abi your patriotism soon finish ne
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mikolo80: 5:39am On Dec 25, 2015
olawaleqaasim:

Whatever happened to 'government is a continuum'?! Some people are just too sick with greed to see from an all-inclusive advantage point...smh
its called being rational. in America you are remembered for your foresight here they will claim it as theirs
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mikolo80: 5:40am On Dec 25, 2015
musicwriter:
Only when it's backed by strong knowledge of science and technology, otherwise, it would just be a glorified subsistence farming. One farmer in the US could feed a state in Nigeria, not because they have more fertile land, but because SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY is heavily applied to farming.

If you want to take Nigeria or any other country away from oil dependence, the first thing to do is lay the foundation for mass science education in our schools. Because, no nation can industrialize without science.

Science leads to technology, and technology leads to industrialization.

Science + Technology = Industry.

Science + Technology + Industry = Development.

This formula have worked for all industrialized countries in the world.

plenty of mass science education(mostly ineffective)
Re: HOW AGRO-INDUSTRILIZATION CAN BE THE "NEW CRUDE OIL" IN NIGERIA by mikolo80: 5:41am On Dec 25, 2015
PHIPEX:
If I remember correctly, a barrel of palm oil is more expensive than a barrel of crude oil. The question is why then can't the govt develop this aspect and diversify the economy. Why are they so lazy, shortsighted and selfish?
why haven't you? easy to point fingers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Why Jonathan Could Not Accuse Me Of Corruption" - Amaechi / Pictures From Peter Obi's Campaign At Nnewi Market, Anambra State / Why Tinubu failed to Deliver Speech At COP28 - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.