Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 (45550 Views)

NNPC To Hike Fuel Price, As Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January- Channels TV / BayelsaDecides: INEC About To Announce The Official Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Rollingdice(m): 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ok oooo

we have hear u
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by OLADD: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
suxkill:

So you bought this news because you said you watched it on TV .the news is fake.

If the news was against Jonathan it would have been taken as Super-genuine. Oh my country!

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Firefire(m): 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
luvinhubby:

Laughed so hard this morning watching him sweat & stammer, giving incoherrent answers on Channels tv this morning trying to defend the failure called APC in govt.

Defending this 'Super Clueless' administration of APC and Buhary is now difficult than reciting the National anthem. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by ColeworldMD(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
luvinhubby:
Crude sold $68 a year ago when N87 was the price & is $38 today (80%) decline and N2 is all APC & Buhari can give us.

Shame!
It seems to me we're paying for the deficit from the int'l market. If that's the case, FG should stop whining about Nigeria being broke.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Aseco(m): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
OLADD:

Jona reduced the PMS price from N97 to N87 but Lai Mohammed and APC cried blue murder. Today, while in govt, all APC-led administration can do was a N2 reduction! What a scam!
how much did Jonathan inherit d price frm Ya'adua #65, he increased it to #97 n two wks to election he reduced it to #87

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by mjames: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
But I just bought 140.00 today

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Seyi1986(m): 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
thats not the change i voted for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Frostty: 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
readn some comments make me sick,hw did u guyz expect d price of pms to crash locally wen we keep on importn refined products at dis exhorbitant exchange rate.we can nrva feel d impact of dis global fall in oil price if we keep on bringn in refined crude outside Nigeria.
may God save dis country

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by OLADD: 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
Aseco:
how much did Jonathan inherit d price frm Ya'adua #65, he increased it to #97 n two wks to election he reduced it to #87

Transition between Yaadua and Jonathan is now history. We're talking of today when Crude Oil is sold at $32 per barrel. APC promised a drastic reduction in price if voted into power but they have failed so far. Stop defending deceits.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by TunjiMsp: 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
What's this saying? Is it good or bad that they reduced it? Pessimist will always engage in criticism. You can never please them
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by ajebuter(f): 8:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
sameer1212:
Good. Wailers will not like this news. cheesy

Ode! When it still takes 3 days to queue to buy at at 120 here in the heart of Lagos.

Who cares how much it is sold?

What i care about is for it to be available even if it is above pump price since that is the order of the day, even with 'kwaruftion fighting'

The operative word here in AVAILABILITY

Amukumeko!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by dolphinheart(m): 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
Have we considered the exchange rate in all these wahala?
Using an example, If petrol was sold to me at 100 dollars when a barrel was 50 dollars at an exchange rate of 1 dollar to 100 naira. What will happen to the price I sell the petrol to You if the exchange rate goes up and the amount I buy the petrol comes down. ?

Note: I'm a layman when it comes to all these calculations .

5 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by totorimi: 9:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
With this unimpressive reduction, I now believe the suffering Nigerians have been subjected to in the name of fuel scarcity this is past few weeks was deliberate otherwise how come suddenly on Christmas day there is fuel all over.
Why didn't they use the same strategy to ensure that there was petrol all this while.
I just hope this guys know what they are doing.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Cwhyte(m): 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
What you should understand is that at 87, there's still subsidy.
No subsidy payment when it will be sold for 85

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by yusfaith78(m): 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
@Cwhyte
Thank you for understanding what's really happening to the price of PMS. We are all tired of this subsidy issue and i believe this current government feels the same, so they see the opportunity to remove the subsidy without increasing the fuel price and they took it. So if the price is 85 with no subsidy, i think its a good thing because the government will have no excuse for not performing and if by 2019 we didn't see the change they promise us then we can then vote them out just like we did wit PDP.

11 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by GoodGovernance: 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
jusRadical:
This is no good news.

Gej (the supposedly corrupt president and the cause of all problems in Nigeria) made it N87 when the price of crude oil came down to around $67 per barrel. Now crude oil is around $35 per barrel and and pmb (the apc's messiah, saint, saviour, 'god', etc) is talking of N85 per lit of pms (if the info is true) and some people are rejoicing.

I am sorry for this company. oh sorry, country.

You need to think deeper...

The government has systematically removed fuel subsidy.

So do not expect the price to go down below N85,more so considering the current exchange rate of the Naira to the Dollar.

People should stop criticizing from the stand point of absolute ignorance.

15 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by GoodGovernance: 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
yusfaith78:
@Cwhyte
Thank you for understanding what's really happening to the price of PMS. We are all tired of this subsidy issue and i believe this current government feels the same, so they see the opportunity to remove the subsidy without increasing the fuel price and they took it. So if the price is 85 with no subsidy, i think its a good thing because the government will have no excuse for not performing and if by 2019 we didn't see the change they promise us then we can then vote them out just like we did wit PDP.

Right on point!

But I do not agree with you that 4 years is enough to change 16 years of PDP mismanagement of the economy.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by GoodGovernance: 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
dolphinheart:
Using an example, If petrol was sold to me at 100 dollars when a barrel was 50 dollars at an exchange rate of 1 dollar to 100 naira. What will happen to the price I sell the petrol to You if the exchange rate goes up and the amount I buy the petrol comes down. ?

You are a very sensible layman! cheesy
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by namelesss: 11:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
Abeg give us the petrol even if na 100 naira.... we fit buy am like that... at this time u no fit see the fuel to even buy at any price...

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by etim20(m): 12:26am On Dec 26, 2015
OLADD:

Jona reduced the PMS price from N97 to N87 but Lai Mohammed and APC cried blue murder. Today, while in govt, all APC-led administration can do was a N2 reduction! What a scam!
I believe u to be more educated than dis but to be frank, I am totally disappointed in u. In as much as u decide to toll opposition lane shouldn't make u to be a sadist. GEJ met PMS at N65 per litre,he hiked it to about N150 per litre when a barrel is sold at $120 or there about in the global oil market, which he was forced to reduced it to N97 and later N87 per litre and did nothing with his cannibal economic team when oil was sold at $45 per barrel, and now PMB inherited it with oil being sold at $45 per barrel and has rolled out plans to reduce the price in the first quarter of 2016 in which oil today is sold at $49 per barrel globally. Which means when we get to second and third quarter of 2016, PMS is likely to be sold below N40 per litre. Pls criticise and wail when and where necessary.

13 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:42am On Dec 26, 2015
dolphinheart:

undecided
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by yaya93: 12:47am On Dec 26, 2015
suxkill:
Op,source!

Meanwhile the petroleum minister of this country is a disgrace.
N86 with the removal of subsidy is good for our economy

5 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:56am On Dec 26, 2015
GoodGovernance:

You need to think deeper...

The government has systematically removed fuel subsidy.

So do not expect the price to go down below N85,more so considering the current exchange rate of the Naira to the Dollar.

People should stop criticizing from the stand point of absolute ignorance.
Find another excuse to defend the government , black market rate doesn't affect fuel importers.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by joseph1832(m): 3:55am On Dec 26, 2015
I heard it on the news yesterday, first I'll like them to solve the issue of this lingering fuel scarcity, then, they can target the pump price of fuel.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by joseph1832(m): 3:59am On Dec 26, 2015
OLADD:
The NNPC through its newly adopted Price Modulation Policy has announced the pegging of Petroleum Motor Spirit (Petrol) price between N85 and N86. When the news broke on AIT today, my first instinct was to invoke the Spirit of Amadioha on those who scammed Nigerians with Change Mantra but having quickly realised today is Xmas I cannot but say one or two prayers for Nigeria.
Just three days ago, the President informed the nation that he had directed the PPPRA to fix the Petrol price at N87 "for now". Two days later the tune has changed courtesy of NNPC. The question is: what suddenly transpired between when the president addressed the National Assembly and today? Is the NNPC and the presidency working at crossroad? Is the President in total control of his govt?
Remember that one of the chief campaigners for Buhari, Prof Tam David West had told all of us that Petrol should not sell above N40. It was on that hoax among others that 15million Nigerians decided to vote for APC. Nigerians, enjoy your N2 change on PMS price!

http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/5115-breaking-news-fg-reduces-price-of-petrol-to-85-86-naira-per-litre
Is this a bad development? The way you talk its as if the NNPC announced that fuel will sell for N97.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by streetcred10(m): 4:24am On Dec 26, 2015
This is gonna be serious then.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Hemah(f): 6:03am On Dec 26, 2015
OLADD:

Transition between Yaadua and Jonathan is now history. We're talking of today when Crude Oil is sold at $32 per barrel. APC promised a drastic reduction in price if voted into power but they have failed so far. Stop defending deceits.

The current average price of PMS globally is around is $1/litre. Nigeria still have by far the cheapest price for gasoline in sub Saharan Africa at $0.42/litre. If petrol can truly sell for N85 in Nigeria without subsidy, then that is good news for the country.

11 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by PrinceChester: 6:05am On Dec 26, 2015
Do FG have power over petrol price after removal of subsidy?

They are toying with our minds again....What a FAKE change!!!
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by koboko69: 6:10am On Dec 26, 2015
jusRadical:
This is no good news.

Gej (the supposedly corrupt president and the cause of all problems in Nigeria) made it N87 when the price of crude oil came down to around $67 per barrel. Now crude oil is around $35 per barrel and and pmb (the apc's messiah, saint, saviour, 'god', etc) is talking of N85 per lit of pms (if the info is true) and some people are rejoicing.

I am sorry for this company. oh sorry, country.

Be wise...

85 naira after total removal of subsidy. Stop thinking with your hate....

5 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 6:12am On Dec 26, 2015
I don't see price at 97 if subsidy is removed, I believe it will sell above 100 when subsidy end, there is know way the Government can claim to end subsidy and still dictate pump price, except they don't want the current fuel scarcity to end.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by ORACLE1975(m): 6:17am On Dec 26, 2015
When a barrel of crude oil was sold above $125, a liter of petrol was sold for 97/liter. The same barrel of crude oil is currently been sold below $40. Common logic and sense dictates that a liter of petrol should NEVER BE sold above 60/liter even if all the so called 'fraud ' subsidies are removed. This is one the CHANGES will yearn for since May 29th 2015.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Message For Wike: American, Susan Mount, Calls Out Governor Over Oyigbo Killings / Buhari Says Edo Central, Forgets He's In Ondo / Ighalo Visits Governor Yahaya Bello (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.