Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,664 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 (45543 Views)

NNPC To Hike Fuel Price, As Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January- Channels TV / BayelsaDecides: INEC About To Announce The Official Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by IBBG(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2015
hehe hehe hehe. dis people dey joke with Nigerians o. is it price we are after or availability of product?
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Jarus(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2015
OLADD:

Jona reduced the PMS price from N97 to N87 but Lai Mohammed and APC cried blue murder. Today, while in govt, all APC-led administration can do was a N2 reduction! What a scam!

Jonathan met petrol price at N65 and left it at N87. Does that tell the story now?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by franudi: 7:54am On Dec 26, 2015
GoodGovernance:

You need to think deeper...

The government has systematically removed fuel subsidy.

So do not expect the price to go down below N85,more so considering the current exchange rate of the Naira to the Dollar.

People should stop criticizing from the stand point of absolute ignorance.
Has govt officially announced the removal of subsidy?
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Larryomooba(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2015
ImpactWorld:
Petrol is #200 per liter in my location.

APC please stop the scam,Nigerians are tired
sir it not APC it the hungry moofos were dey ur area, fuel was sold for free in my area cus the station refuse to sell at normal price an den dey were cut an my area received for free fuel yesterday, I swear this is real. They avoided 2years band

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by repogirl(f): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2015
Bhella5:
New Wailer found.
New ke? girl, you need to update that list.... I don dey wail siiiiince. grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by fckmn24seg(m): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2015
jusRadical:
This is no good news.

Gej (the supposedly corrupt president and the cause of all problems in Nigeria) made it N87 when the price of crude oil came down to around $67 per barrel. Now crude oil is around $35 per barrel and and pmb (the apc's messiah, saint, saviour, 'god', etc) is talking of N85 per lit of pms (if the info is true) and some people are rejoicing.

I am sorry for this company. oh sorry, country.

The N87 GEJ was a political because of the election, he has promised to increase the pump prise to 130 in Jan 2015, seeing the opposition wave of strength, he shifted the price increment till April, the fact is that the GEJ government was so broke that they have no means of running the govt than to increase pump price like he did in 2012
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Kingspin(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2015
Am a Thomas when it come to Nigerian government.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Kingbilo(m): 7:56am On Dec 26, 2015
Bevista:
Good development.
---
Unfortunately, the PPPRA template is never fully understood. With oil price as low as $38 and with Naira still exchanging @ N197/$, it is difficult to understand why petrol should not be selling below N70 without subsidy.
---
Those who understand better can shed more light on the subject.

Check out this link. It compares petrol prices of many countries including Nigeria in dollars. You'll see petrol here is quite cheap although it could be cheaper.

http://www.kshitij.com/research/petrol.shtml

Remember also that you can't directly relate the price of oil with the price of petrol. Oil price halving doesn't mean petrol price should halve also. After all, the cost of refining will remain almost unchanged.
Also, the inflation in the country means no change in the price actually makes petrol cheaper.. That is, if you buy N85 fuel a year ago vs buying it today for the same price, it's actually cheaper today even with FG forex regulations it's a fact.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by emmyblackky(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2015
Even if I should buy fuel @#40/liter in January I won't rejoice over it. I've been buyin fuel for #160/liter & above for the past 3months, I only get to buy it @#87 any day I have enough time to waste hours on queue. The truth is, the APC govt (for now) is a total failure, may God help Nigeria.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by gennykdb(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2015
Evn those who ddnt vote for change r even more anxious for change,they r so quick to use a telescope combined with a microscope to fine a reason to complain...d Nation was almost destroyed by curruption and terrorism, but wit a clear vision PMB has taken Nigeria's problems head on starting with the most important, Terrorism, curruption, regaining trust from foreign counties and strengthening foreign ties for d first time in 7 years Bokoharam r obviously being consumed...in bearly 8months of dis administration...2naira or 0.5naira reduction is still a reduction...left to nigerians we want to get d fuel free...he promised not to increase pump price...Kaduna Refinery has commenced production...dis means d amount of crude is reduced and dis will go on until all refineries work to full capacity and no more export of crude for processing...we all watch d country gradually crumble under Gej, lets b patient and allow Baba fix d mess...its not goin to happen overnyt...but it will

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by olutunde12(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2015
suxkill:
Op,source!

Meanwhile the petroleum minister of this country is a disgrace.

Buhari and the APC are trying to further their disgrace because they want to further deceive nigerians that they are fufilling their promises. Shameless as they claiming all the sucesses of jonathan without mentioning his name and blaming him for every perceived bad thing.
Meanwhile you can say any other thing but do not call me a wailer unless u want to wail over your entire family.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2015
Why can't APC deregulate the downstream sector? What is their problem? As at today people buy fuel between 150-250 naira per litre even with subsidy in place. What difference will N2 deduction make? The open market price of the product is about N91 per litre for God sake. APC should be sane enough.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Tmaritas76(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2015
OLADD:

Jona reduced the PMS price from N97 to N87 but Lai Mohammed and APC cried blue murder. Today, while in govt, all APC-led administration can do was a N2 reduction! What a scam!
read it very well,they are still confused,they said N86 or N85 not sure which one so they may end up removing N1
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by gennykdb(m): 7:59am On Dec 26, 2015
emmyblackky:
Even if I should buy fuel @#40/liter in January I won't rejoice over it. I've been buyin fuel for #160/liter & above for the past 3months, I only get to buy it @#87 any day I have enough time to waste hours on queue. The truth is, the APC govt (for now) is a total failure, may God help Nigeria.
Evn those who ddnt vote for change r even more anxious for change,they r so quick to use a telescope combined with a microscope to fine a reason to complain...d Nation was almost destroyed by curruption and terrorism, but wit a clear vision PMB has taken Nigeria's problems head on starting with the most important, Terrorism, curruption, regaining trust from foreign counties and strengthening foreign ties for d first time in 7 years Bokoharam r obviously being consumed...in bearly 8months...2naira or 0.5naira reduction is still a reduction...left to nigerians we want to get d fuel free...he promised not to increase pump price...Kaduna Refinery has commenced production...dis means d amount of crude is reduced and dis will go on until all refineries work to full capacity and no more export of crude for processing...we all watch d country gradually crumble under Gej, lets b patient and allow Baba fix d mess...its not goin to happen overnyt...but it will

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by COMPAQ(m): 8:02am On Dec 26, 2015
Kingbilo:

Check out this link. It compares petrol prices of many countries including Nigeria in dollars. You'll see petrol here is quite cheap although it could be cheaper.

http://www.kshitij.com/research/petrol.shtml

Remember also that you can't directly relate the price of oil with the price of petrol. Oil price halving doesn't mean petrol price should halve also. After all, the cost of refining will remain almost unchanged.
Also, the inflation in the country means no change in the price actually makes petrol cheaper.. That is, if you buy N85 fuel a year ago vs buying it today for the same price, it's actually cheaper today even with FG forex regulations it's a fact.

Thankfully, someone with a lot more common sense than the average Nigerian. Really the types of comments I read when it comes to economic matters shows as have a generation of Nigerians who don't know how to think deeply, look for information, analyze information and reach more logical conclusions. Not surprising given our poor educational system.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by proprince(m): 8:02am On Dec 26, 2015
If this is really true then i fear for our dear country under the leadership of APC. APC govt criticised the former govt. In such a way that makes one think we were being ruled by the wrong hands.

Now i really know that APC is a party of scam, full of liars and vampires.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by dyn1800: 8:03am On Dec 26, 2015
Who carry am go 97 in the first instance?

OLADD:

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by gennykdb(m): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2015
olutunde12:

Buhari and the APC are trying to further their disgrace because they want to further deceive nigerians that they are fufilling their promises. Shameless as they claiming all the sucesses of jonathan without mentioning his name and blaming him for every perceived bad thing.
Meanwhile you can say any other thing but do not call me a wailer unless u want to wail over your entire family.
Evn those who ddnt vote for change r even more anxious for change,they r so quick to use a telescope combined with a microscope to fine a reason to complain...d Nation was almost destroyed by curruption and terrorism, but wit a clear vision PMB has taken Nigeria's problems head on starting with the most important, Terrorism, curruption, regaining trust from foreign counties and strengthening foreign ties for d first time in 7 years Bokoharam r obviously being consumed...in bearly 8months...2naira or 0.5naira reduction is still a reduction...left to nigerians we want to get d fuel free...he promised not to increase pump price...Kaduna Refinery has commenced production...dis means d amount of crude is reduced and dis will go on until all refineries work to full capacity and no more export of crude for processing...we all watch d country gradually crumble under Gej, lets b patient and allow Baba fix d mess...its not goin to happen overnyt...but it will

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by free2blast(m): 8:04am On Dec 26, 2015
suxkill:
Op,source!

Receive sense by fire

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2015
suxkill:
Op,source!

Why do you say so?
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Leke001: 8:06am On Dec 26, 2015
is this good news...really?
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by ashade123: 8:08am On Dec 26, 2015
In Jesus name we pray ! Amen Amen Amen Fire !
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by light004: 8:08am On Dec 26, 2015
sameer1212:
Good. Wailers will not like this news. cheesy

you know loser with their comments. what has this issue got to do with the wailers. Absolutely empty fellows in the name of change that traded their common sense to illiterates.

I hope this is not one of their empty pronouncement that they will deny as usual. Seem to me like govt magic.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Rockyrascal(m): 8:08am On Dec 26, 2015
if its not nnpc will, its going to be nnpc to or nnpc proposes. when is it going to be nnpc as done that or this.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by FuckTheMod: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2015
OLADD:

Retąrd alert

Wailer suffering from amnesia

Who reduced the price to 87?

Jònadaft or Buhari
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by CandyBar: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2015
Other countries are finding means of alternative source of income.....we're still dependent on Crude oil.......in no due time, crude will be $20/Barrel......

Then we will know what we've done to ourselves.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Tongsman(m): 8:10am On Dec 26, 2015
bravehost4u:
If a barrel of crude is $38 appr. And dollar is 198naira appr.
1 barrel of crude=158 litres of petrol.
1 litre of petrol=47naira appr.
Now I wonder why there is subsidy?
pls, what formula did u use to arrive at 158, cos the 1 barrel-litre that the world know is 119litre. SMH for some people.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by free2blast(m): 8:10am On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:
Where is Prof Tam David West who during Jonathan's era said that petrol should not sell above #40 per litre.

Why is he quiet.?

I hope he has not eaten Cocoa yam abi na Yam.? angry

Come out and explain to us oooooo angry
Is the economic situation and crude oil price back then the same with the present? Receive sense.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by oloriooko(m): 8:12am On Dec 26, 2015
Jarus:

Jonathan met petrol price at N65 and left it at N87. Does that tell the story now?

Gbam!!!
There is nothing like change yet since basically GEJ = PMB

We must continue to demand for the change they promised until we see it
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by tobyemmanuel(m): 8:12am On Dec 26, 2015
Amberon:
if our government is a sane one, then petrol shouldn't even sell above 30 naira. because crude oil is at its lowest price in the international presently. So naturally, a fall in the global oil price should also mean a fall in petrol for consumption. but our useless government with their corrupt ways won't adjust the price to this effect.

about last year, the U.S govt slashed the price of gas by a third the normal price because gas got cheaper. Our useless government should learn.

But I think say, if one barrel is $30 then to naira will be N6000+. I think d price is still right based on international retail market. What do u think?
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by free2blast(m): 8:13am On Dec 26, 2015
OLADD:

Dementia is a bad disease. Who increased it to N97 from N45 in the first place?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Riversrerun: PDP Agent Shot Dead In Nonwa (graphic Photos) / The 12 Senators That Endorsed Fuel Price Increase / Court Convicts Farouk Lawan Over $500,000 Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.