Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai (1331 Views)

Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai / Boko Haram Can No Longer Coordinate Attacks – Buratai Boasts / Boko Haram Can No Longer Confront Nigerian Soldiers – Major General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by dahaz(m): 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
Tukur Buratai, a lieutenant-general and chief
of army staff, has assured residents of the
north-east that 2016 will be a more peaceful
year for them because Boko Haram “can no
longer coordinate any attacks”.
He gave the assurance on Thursday after his
operational visits to troops locations in parts of
Borno and Yobe states.
He said within the time frame given by President
Muhammadu Buhari, joint forces had
decimated Boko Haram and substantially
destroyed its enclaves on Nigerian territory.
“Going by the present pace and momentum of
the military operation, no insurgent or group will
be able operate freely by 2016,” he said.
“Since Mr President’s mandate, we have done a
lot to defeat these criminals; we have degraded
them in such a manner that they can no longer
hold any ground in our country.
“They can no longer coordinate any attacks; we
will, in the coming few days, completely close in
on them, so the outlook for 2016 is bright. I
want to assure Nigerians, especially the
Northeast, that 2016 will be more peaceful.”
Buratai said that the military would consolidate
on the successes recorded in the operations so
far, stressing that there would be no room for
the insurgents to operate henceforth.
At the army brigade in Biu and the armed
forces special forces battalion stationed in
Buratai town, the army chief conveyed the
president’s congratulatory message to the troops
for meeting the deadline.
He said that the president was pleased with the
successes recorded, especially in meeting the
timeline in fighting insurgency. But he urged
them not to be complacent, saying the
insurgents would employ desperate measures to
survive the onslaught by the military.
At the base of 21 Brigade deployed from
Damaturu to Buni Yadi, Buratai commended the
soldiers for their efforts in curbing the activities
of the insurgents in the area.
He urged the troops to remain alert and make
good use of available equipment for the
operations.
The chief of army staff reiterated the
commitment of the army and other relevant
authorities to providing the necessary logistics to
enable troops sustain the momentum.
Buratai, who held durbars in all the locations
visited, also addressed issues raised by soldiers
and officers.
Some of the soldiers who spoke at the durbar
expressed their desire to end the counter-
insurgency operations and return home as soon
as possible.

https://www.thecable.ng/boko-haram-can-no-longer-attack-says-buratai#.Vn1HTVi7QCw.facebook

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
Yeah i pray they no longer can. However, enough of cheap talks..... order an all out assault..whether final, merciless, or brutal one on those blood sucking good for nothing ragtags BHs. Enough of the northern destruction.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Kyase(m): 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
Yes of course we believe you.
I can see some people praying for bomb blast and even fasting this kixmass, but god pass them.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by madridguy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
Confirm.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Kyase(m): 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
keyzid:
Yeah i pray they no longer can.
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by tayebest(m): 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
INSHA ALLAh!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
And last time they attack his village .
APC bigots

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by abduljabbar4(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
Boko Haram has been defeated but its useless if we dont find the people that are sponsoring them

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kyase:

undecided undecided Are you hungry?
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by dahaz(m): 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
for a long time we have not had a chief of army staff as active as buratai.Always at the war front.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by shepherd77: 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kyase:
Yes of course we believe you.
I can see some people praying for bomb blast and even fasting this kixmass, but god pass them.

I tell you. Some ppl are praying heartily for a bomb blast so that they can scream BUHARI's name to the high heaven.

Job 5:12 says He (God) disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by fhelihx(m): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
I pray oh

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by EternalTruths: 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2015
His village was attacked last time

Any way we wish NE peace kiss
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by suxkill: 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
I pray so!!!

But bubu,burantashi and Lai are daring the bastard ahekau and his boiz.
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by mynd44isabastard: 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
Mr snake charmer we don hear
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
That's what they keep telling us. In my money, Boko haram is Hydra-headed: kill one head, other heads will spring up. If you believe them, you'll believe anything.
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Yeske2(m): 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
This kind news will pain some people but God pass them. That Mod that banned me!!! Ok ooo, I'm back sha

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by dahaz(m): 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
suxkill:
I pray so!!!

But bubu,burantashi and Lai are daring the bastard ahekau and his boiz.
They dont have capacity to attack

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by TimeManager(m): 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
Buratai Take A Bow And Go! Unlike Those Exs Pot-bellied-Plus-Sized Models Flaunting Around As COAS/ CDS

No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Boss13: 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
I think this is good news. No bomb blast on Christmas Day. We thank God

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Kyase(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
shepherd77:

I tell you. Some ppl are praying heartily for a bomb blast so that they can scream BUHARI's name to the high heaven.

Job 5:12 says He (God) disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.
I swear , but that won't happen
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by Kyase(m): 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
keyzid:

undecided undecided Are you hungry?
Lol on this day.
Just mad at you for taking my spot
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by rozayx5(m): 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
just get rid of them. no need fr all these announcements
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by ziccoit: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is a sad news for some people. May God forgive you and change your heart for good.
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by pacino26(m): 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
In the name of all that is good I hope this is true. I've lost some good business opportunity in Adamawa. I pray 2016 turns out peaceful.
Re: Boko Haram Can No Longer Attack, Says Buratai by dahaz(m): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
pacino26:
In the name of all that is good I hope this is true. I've lost some good business opportunity in Adamawa. I pray 2016 turns out peaceful.
amen

(1) (Reply)

PDP Asks Nigerians For Solutions To National Issues, Got Spanked / My Humble Solution To Nigeria Economic Problem / Be Careful Of Biafrans – Archbishop Chukwuma Drops Another Warning To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.