Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,104 members, 7,953,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. (3169 Views)

Advise Please: SHE HAS CHARACTER BUT CAN'T SPEAK FLUENTLY / How Some Wives Are Continually Raped But Can't Speak Up / Help Get A Washing Machine For My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by donpata(m): 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
So am planning on getting married next year and my fiance thinks i should get a washing Machine for her. Well, i dont think buying it early in the marriage is proper. Though i knw she's hardworking, I feel it will make her lazy early in the marriage. of coz when children populate the house i can consider that. Abeg ohh, am i right or just being too traditional?
Feminist, this is not your food ohh. smiley)

3 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Cutehector(m): 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
Nigerians nd their myopic way of reasoning!

21 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
Wife trainee program.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by JomaxGlobal: 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2015
If you don't get a washing machine as a wedding gift, pls buy one the next day!

8 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by missKiffy(f): 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
Please get your wife-to-be a washing machine if you can afford it, it won't make her lazy in the marriage. Why wuld u even think such

6 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by EzePromoe: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
Girls of nowadays. What them sabi is make-up and spending 24/7 on Social media. Nwanne, if you buy that dry cleaner mpa gi. Welu your money and put in your biznehss so that Brazilian hair marketers won't smile by mistake. Fear Women o.
Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by taiocol: 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
cheesy

cheesy
Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Medunah: 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
I'll buy it myself undecided

Washing machine cant make one who is hardworking lazy....

Bye smiley

8 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by An0nimus: 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
donpata:
So am planning on getting married next year and my fiance thinks i should get a washing Machine for her. Well, i dont think buying it early in the marriage is proper. Though i knw she's hardworking, I feel it will make her lazy early in the marriage. of coz when children populate the house i can consider that. Abeg ohh, am i right or just being too traditional?

Guy if you have the money, buy the washing machine. BOTH of you will use it to wash YOUR clothes. Which kind question be this sef?angry I want to believe you're really serious and not trolling

Lazy ko strong ni. Getting a washing machine saves you both some quality time.

You're not right and you're being overly traditional.

12 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Joel3(m): 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
buying a wshing machine is not only it. but also mentainance if you can't afford it don't. but if you can why not. we are in ara of making this easy through technology. don't tell me you drive your car since you want to be natural.

2 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by dasparrow: 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
donpata:

So, in the advanced world where everyone uses a washing machine to wash clothes, they are lazy? Do you know how strenuous it is to wash clothes with the hands? Do you know washing clothes with the hands causes back ache? Why are most Nigerians sufferhead? Its like you people love a life of suffering and putting others through a life of suffering even when it is not necessary. We are in 2015 going into 2016 in a few days. If Nigeria were to be an advanced rich country, her citizens ought not to be washing clothes with their hands in this day and age.

This is why many young Nigerian women have hands that look like they belong to an 80 year old grandma. Its all that washing of clothes with the hands that is the cause. All that harsh washing detergent is making their hands look hard and wrinkly. Please do the right thing and purchase a washing machine if you can afford it. Your wife is not a glorified house maid. Try and pamper her so that she won't start looking older than you in a few years after marriage and then you will come back to Nairaland to create a thread and ask why wives look older than their husbands after 10 - 15 years of marriage.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by agohmamuda(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
Person dey under influence of high una dey waste una time rendering advice. I laff.

4 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by taiocol: 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
donpata:

You der plan to born 1 dozen?

3 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
U are entitled to ur opinion. However i feel d washing machine will save time while she carries out other house chores..

5 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by yinkuscious(m): 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Must a woman suffer because of tradition ?

13 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Julietcutie(f): 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
ur jus being too traditional...wen I get married I plan and would want to get one it saves time and it doesn't mean am lazy or won't train my children to wash wit der hands ...plz let ur fiancée have her wish its no biggie

2 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Chazzyboy: 10:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
If u can afford it then buy the machine u guys are just starting

2 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
I'm sure you will like her to bend down very well and pound yam or use morter to blend tomatoes or use native broom to bend down very well and sweep the house shocked. Then the woman ages faster...

I think we should "work smart not work hard" these appliances were invented by smart people to save time for other important stuffs.

Loosen up a little.

7 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Chazzyboy: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Julietcutie:
ur jus being too traditional...wen I get married I plan and would want to get one it saves time and it doesn't mean am lazy or won't train my children to wash wit der hands ...plz let ur fiancée have her wish its no biggie
honey I will get u all u need
Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Sharp9: 1:27am On Dec 26, 2015
yes! don't buy d washing machine for her and provide charcoal pressing iron and three stones for cooking to complete the circle. Thank me later

12 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by ebukav(m): 1:49am On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=andromida post=41340165]Wife trainee program.

cheesy cheesy cheesy[/quote

I tell u, even student buys it nw, if u have d money why nt get it 4 her to save stress and energy, abi na washing of cloth u dey marri am 4.

Op no go buy china one wen dey change cloth color

1 Like

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by RockMaxi: 6:28am On Dec 26, 2015
This OP is not serious at all.

3 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by mystiqueDZ(f): 6:46am On Dec 26, 2015
Mtchewww...
Get the lady a washing machine!!!
Add dish washer also!!!!
#stingyhubbytobe

3 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Mariecakes(f): 7:27am On Dec 26, 2015
This Op is looking for trouble cheesy grin..

2 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Moana(f): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2015
donpata:
Im sorry to say this...well actually i'm not. This is the kind of backward thinking that keeps Africa in the dark. The washing machine will allow her to do other house chores with ease, its about making daily chores faster and easier to do. What can take a human being 3hrs to do will take a washing machine 40mins. A lazy person with or without a machine will always be lazy.

4 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2015
Africans and their backward thinking it assists productivity. A lazy person will still find reasons not to use it sef

2 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by PresVA: 8:03am On Dec 26, 2015
Typical traditional man who believes the more a woman suffers, the more wifely she's. .

Ladies, run away from men that reason this way cos you go work tire and he won't mind, believing that's what makes a woman...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by EfemenaXY: 8:40am On Dec 26, 2015
donpata:

***Rolls eyes...***

Why not just admit you're too broke to afford one?

To your fiancée if she's reading this: Madam, your partner-to-be Mr Donpata, has shown himself to be a tight/fisted broke guy hiding under the guise of being a "traditionalist". If you're working and can afford it, go get yourself a washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer, Hoover, and a gas / electric cooker. I just bought myself a top end double oven & grill and can't even begin to tell you how much easier & faster it's made my cooking experience. smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by SAMBARRY: 8:56am On Dec 26, 2015
Cutehector:
Nigerians nd their myopic way of reasoning!
as in undecided

I just taya undecided

Op has finally made me loose appetite for my Ogi and akara undecided

Washing machine 25,000naira is now something worthy of causing fight or opening a thread on top.Bush man undecided

Belches on op

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 26, 2015
angry angry
Na this kind husband dem dey use koikoi shoe knack for head for night.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by SAMBARRY: 9:16am On Dec 26, 2015
EfemenaXY:

***Rolls eyes...***

Why not just admit you're too broke to afford one?

To your fiancée if she's reading this: Madam, your partner-to-be Mr Donpata, has shown himself to be a tight/fisted broke guy hiding under the guise of being a "traditionalist". If you're working and can afford it, go get yourself a washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer, Hoover, and a gas / electric cooker. I just bought myself a top end double oven & grill and can't even begin to tell you how much easier & faster it's made my cooking experience. smiley
na im type go dey price pomo 3 for 20naira and be counting the pomo in the pot of soup every morning

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. by EfemenaXY: 9:25am On Dec 26, 2015
SAMBARRY:
na im type go dey price pomo 3 for 20naira and be counting the pomo in the pot of soup every morning

Lol!

Being thrifty is good but not for essential items that'll improve the quality of one's life. The guy's taking this too far. Unless he's broke.

@op: would you have any issues with your misus purchasing any of these items herself with her own money?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls I Need Your Opinion On This! My Fiancé Is Very Secretive / Is It Right For Me To Help My Girl Friend Find A Job? / So emotional and Touching Pics...real Men Doesnt Abuse Women And Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.