Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,734 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! (2509 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Blackout In Court (Pictures) / FG Apologises To Nigerians Over Blackout / Day 4: Total Blackout In Nigeria. Why The Silence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by BRAVAGAD0O(m): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2015
Many residents of the Lagos metropolis celebrated this year’s Christmas in darkness,

Visits to Victoria island, Agbado oke-odo, Omidiji Street, ikeja, victoria island, Abule-egba, Agege, Alimosho, Iyana ipaja, egbeda neighbourhoods of Lagos revealed the areas had been experiencing a blackout since Dec. 24.

Some of the residents of Agbado Oke-odo expressed displeasure at the failure of the Power Distribution in their Area to supply stable electricity

Mr Isiaka Adeyinka, a resident of omidiji street oke-odo, Said that Despite the fact that this area and alimosho are the voting hube for APC its unfortunate that we are not buoyant of stable power supply and this area power sector had not been beneficial to the residence in spite of the government’s efforts to make things work.

“We have never seen it like this before to an extend that we rally round in protest directing all our residence never to pay attention to the electricity bills given to them "

“Since 24th up till this morning, we have not seen light in any part of this area,” he said.

A resident of Agbado Oke-Odo, Mr Taju Gbadamosi, noted that the power management had not given any explanation for the prevailing blackout.

“We do not know what's going on, we even try to find out information from the area landlord association.
“In our usual way, we have checked the transformers and moved round but there is no sign that a major fault was responsible for the blackout,” he said.

Gbadamosi said that the residents’ representatives were planning to go to the nearest power distributing office to demand an explanation for the blackout.

Mr Adeloju Shokoya, a resident of Lagos Island, expressed regret that he and his family had a “harrowing experience celebrating Christmas without electricity.

“If there is light, you will not meet most of us outside; we would have been somewhere else watching films or football matches.

“I have been on generator since Christmas Day with the hope they would soon restore electricity supply. Up till this morning, we have not seen even the normal flashing they give us at times,” he said.

Another Lagos Island resident, Mr Adetola Williams, however, said that the people would continue to enjoy themselves, whether there was light or not.

Light or Light man must enjoy himself. Yesterday, we were outside drinking and we used generators to power our musical sets in order to enjoy ourselves.

“From the look of things, we may do the same again today because l don’t understand this Electricity palaver anymore.

“You know they do what they like but they cannot spoil our enjoyment and merriment in this Christmas period,” he said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by globalresource: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2015
undecided

Nairalands living in those areas should come out and testify

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2015
hmm, I wont blame buhari but he shud be blame cos he is d president. quote me anywhere

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by mysteriousman(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2015
Any confirmation? Birthday shout out to me it's my birthday

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by 24lolade(m): 10:13am On Dec 26, 2015

Are you talking about the Lagos in Portugal? I'm in Lagos Nigeria and I have been enjoying 21hrs per day electricity for like a week now. Lagos island is the location.

10 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by eagleeye2: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2015
23 & 24 there was blackness in Aba. Though we had electricity yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 26, 2015
Na ur house black out dy oo.. it's been nothing less than 15hrs daily since last Saturday....
Ajegunle, Lagos..

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by highername: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2015
Definitely not Ajah area

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by Eledan: 10:26am On Dec 26, 2015
Definitely not Lagos in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by VampireeM(f): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2015
Lies! Here in VI there ve been light.. infact the whole island sef

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by Fremlin: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2015
eagleeye2:
23 & 24 there was blackness in Aba. Though we had electricity yesterday.

bro...there was no blacknex in aba on 23 & 24

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2015
That's a lie oooo...there was light on 24 and 25 even at night

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by BRAV0O(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2015
globalresource:
undecided

Nairalands living in those areas should come out and testify
some nairalanders will just comment any how to such sensitive thread like this, why not let hear from those living in the afro mention area, many did not even read the article, smh for some nairalnders sha
Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by suxkill: 10:56am On Dec 26, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
hmm, I wont blame buhari but he shud be blame cos he is d president.
quote me anywhere

grin
APC will soon blame GEJ!!!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by Lordave: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2015
highername:
Definitely not Ajah area
It's either you're living in Ama- mmonu or you are not alright.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by babyfaceafrica: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
This Op is a liar!!!!........I stay in iju and the light is great!!!....16 to 17 hrs daily...

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by trailblaiza(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2015
Lie from the pit of hell!!!!!
I stay in Alimosho and there has been light!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by copiescopy(m): 11:23am On Dec 26, 2015
What of my area that used to share light and our off day falls on Xmas day .

no bad luck like DAT oo....

them no even consider the birth of Christ say make them leave light on DAT day o. na straight black out till now as I type so..

.Xmas and boxing day black out all the way ..

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by nigeriancuban: 11:32am On Dec 26, 2015
lolgood I didn't spend the Xmas in Lagos,here in my homtown it's lights on 24-7
Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by porshuch: 11:33am On Dec 26, 2015
Lies lies! Amuwo Festac get light before Xmas, light dey my house now, stop this cheap propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by bolaji3071(m): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2015
Since the day before yesterday we still have light here in Somolu Lagos- Akanni Bashua precisely.

God bless the PHCN... EKEDC.....

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 26, 2015
Until we begin to tell ourselves the naked truth. We will never get our leaders to be 1% accountable to us.

This is for the 2 groups of there is no light and there is light.
Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by bolseas(f): 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ikorodu is not affected......
Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by dammytosh: 12:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
Which Lagos is this ?

The one in Portugal ?

F00lish and shamless /Liars . I think i want to supoort the anti social media bill with the level of nonsense going on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
Op you can lieeeeee ooooooooo!!!!! Habaaaaaa!!!!! You no dey fear at all!!!! Lagos has been on constant light oooo! Where you see your own black out? God will definitely punish liars like you!!!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by highername: 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
Lordave:
It's either you're living in Ama- mmonu or you are not alright.

Why can't you pass your information without insults? You may be living where there is no light in Ajah but my area in Ajah get light

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by ba7man(m): 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
Light has been available in Ikosi-Ketu, shangisha and Magodo.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by segebase(m): 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
I stay at oke odo ..katangora side.. They just brought our transformer for d past 2months

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by Adex097: 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
Here in Surulere , we are enjoying almost 24hrs power per day. @Op , no carry this your lying habit enter 2016 o shocked

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
24lolade:

Are you talking about the Lagos in Portugal? I'm in Lagos Nigeria and I have been enjoying 21hrs per day electricity for like a week now. Lagos island is the location.

I wonder o, we need to careful with all these media write ups

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
highername:

Why can't you pass your information without insults? You may be living where there is no light in Ajah but my area in Ajah get light
Do pay too much attention to him, he is a pdp clown, same with the writer.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Blackout In Lagos! by goodlifehyd(m): 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
24lolade:

Got back to naija dayb4 yesterday and have being enjoying almost 20hrs of electricity location is Egbeda so I don't know where they got their own information from, even today's punch reported petrol sells at 170 when it's actually been sold between 100 to 120

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Flee To London As Militant Promise Missiles Strike June 7 In Aso Rock / BREAKING!!! Jonathan Drops A Bombshell, Links Boko Haram To Buhari / Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.