Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? (15279 Views)

FG To Make Hostel Accommodation In Universities Compulsory / Soldiers Flog Abuja University Students Out Of Hostel / Lodge In Your Complaint Here About The Unilag Hostel Accommodation Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by No2Atheism(m): 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2009
congoshine:

You must be a self-servicer then  undecided
shocked shocked shocked shocked holy Shit what an analogy. grin grin grin grin

This is the first time i am hearing of this analogy. So because someone does not womanise, nor drink nor smoke, that makes him a self-servicer.

LMAO, LOL, have you ever heard of something called[b] relationships[/b]. Where the guy does not hop around after anything in skirt. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by Ccomputers(m): 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2009
my secondary school experience was nice only that they wanted to make me to be a homosexual but thanks God who made his grace sufficient for me and I was able to stand them all and make some repent and worship God.

I also represented my school in all seminary school football competition and i was the left back.

that's why i was called CARLOS and now my business name is also CARLOS VENTURES.

hostel is nice and if u want ur child to learn the normal life and develop adaptive attitude take him or her to the hostel cos any one that passes tru that must surely have something upstairs that will make him or her to survive in any environment both in plenty and in scarcity.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by congoshine(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

shocked shocked shocked shocked holy Shit what an analogy. grin grin grin grin

This is the first time i am hearing of this analogy. So because someone does not womanise, nor drink nor smoke, that makes him a self-servicer.

LMAO, LOL, have you ever heard of something called[b] relationships[/b]. Where the guy does not hop around after anything in skirt. grin grin grin grin

& the relationship isn't with a woman ,I suspect?
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by No2Atheism(m): 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2009
congoshine:

& the relationship isn't with a woman ,I suspect?

Do you that the word womaniser undecided undecided undecided undecided actually has a literal meaning.

I never said i don't dig women, i never said i have not been in[b] relationships[/b] (plural). grin grin grin grin

I only said i don't change women like boxer shorts
i.e. i do not womaniser, meaning jumping from one skirt to another  grin grin grin grin i.e. when am with one person am with one person i.e . i am not a two timing son of a b****.

Do you realise that you are making a lot of assumptions by your statement shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by mwanamwiwa: 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2009
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by No2Atheism(m): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2009
@congoshine please kindly post your Hostel Accommodation experience  grin grin grin

And stop trying to teach me that:

Non-drinker + Non-smoker + Faithful Dude = self-servicer

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by djlimse: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2009
uhn, i saw BUSH BABIES, i even cought one, i loved playing with their genitals.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by Ndipe(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2009
My first experience as a boarder was at Lutheran High School, Obot Idim. I was 10.5 years old and was homesick.

First, I was assigned to Luther House, part of the old colony. I absolutely detested the house, and quite frequently used to dodge morning duties. My name was not even on the rooster, which meant, the seniors did not even know of my existence in the dorms. Fortunately, the son of a family friend from my village brought me into his hostel, Ekong House, where I lived till I finished secondary school. The guy was very kind to me (he even used to wash my uniforms, and the money that my parents would give him as an appreciation, he earmarked for my care, how can I even thank this guy)

This house change was illegal, and they were some students who changed dormitories, either to escape a brutal senior student or to be with friends. Then came interhouse sports and some of the prefects were coming to various hostels, urging the 'relocation' (LOL) of roommates back to their dormitories. I was absolutely terrified that I will be forced to leave my new dormitory to my former dorm. Ekong House was known for being very liberal with students, rules were hardly enforced, including siesta, while Luther House was notorious for brutalities. I stayed in this house for six years, and grew attached to my dormitories, that the place still evokes sentimentality in my psyche. One of my friends as of last year, was asking me via email (and we are in our thirties) why I was so attached to the dorm (and as God knows, e no be my papa's house). But that's just me, I refused to let go. After my bucket got stolen in my first year, I lived in the hostel without a bucket for years, until my mother got me another one. Then, there was the issue of plates, I mean, even if your plates were missing, you could share a meal with a roommate/friend. Boarding house invoked a spirit of camaraderie amongst some students, but I tell you also, there was pure malice that bordered on the paranormal there.

Man, boarding house instilled a spirit of independence in me. I knew how to iron my clothes with box iron filled with hot charcoals, and even preferred it to electric iron, (unbelievable but true). I learnt to be independent, to study under harsh circumstances (remember reading your book with a lantern after lightsout), or drying your clothes at the generator house.

College: I lived off campus with my elder brother. At first, I would have loved to live in the hostels, but gradually realized that I was better off living off campus. Granted, there was the free water supply, the social activities in the hostels and all what not, but overall, I was better off living off campus.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by Krayola(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2009
AAARRGGHHH!!! This thread brings back PAINFUL memories,

JSS1 (1st term and half of second term). Federal Government college Ilorin

Chei!! My eye see pepper. I was just going to turn 11 and didn't know anything about anything. Spent the 1st two weeks feasting on my provisions till they ran out. . .  then reality bit me real hard. .  my parents had abandoned me to show me life was hard. . . My bucket miss, my mosquito net miss, my mattress miss. .  senior beat me, i spark for senior. . he bet me harder (what the hell was i thinking). . had malaria like 2ce. . Called home to beg someone to come and rescue me. .  Nobody gave a flyin fukc!! Yee pa ri pa!!!  i cry tire.  Came back 2nd term . . . once, my school father beat the crap out of me for SPENDING MY OWN MONEY THAT MY PARENTS GAVE ME without his permission (this bastard was 14 yrs old), had malaria like 2ce. . called home and threatened suicide. .  My mother showed up the next day and took me out of the school.

JSS 1(half of 2nd term and 3rd term) Apata Memorial Isolo.

Was the only school i could get into on short notice. . . was closer to home and I had friends that were day students so i could have stuff sent to me from home. Was much better than FGC but was always getting malaria. Finally my parents decided i wasn't built for boarding house. JSS 2 i started at  International School Unilag (no boarding house) till i was suspended indefinitely in SS2 third term

Obafemi Awolowo University

hahaha. . .I somehow passed JAMB  wink  WELL (I love Naija). My admission letter came in the mail. My parents thought (knew) something was fishy. .  but I deny like pro!!! "I swear I just studied very hard"

Had a cousin in his 2nd year so he showed me the ropes. I was able to get a bq at quarters. .  not sure anymore but I think it was road 14 or sumn.  It was fun. (except for the pit latrine type thing we had to shit in) .  I didn't register because the line ups were too long and it seemed like a very complicated process. .  so I used my money to join club and started partying. Then the school went on strike. .  fortunately for me because my parents would have murdered me since registration was over and so i wasn't officially a student of the school. I left Naija when the strike just kept goin on and on,   

Overall,  hostel living was pure suffahead. . . But then as i grew older i realized i missed out a lot. Took me a while to learn simple things that i should have learned in boarding house when i was much younger. Self discipline, organization, planning, just responsibility in general. I intend to put my kids through that torture  cry
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by congoshine(m): 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

I never said i don't dig women, i never said i have not been in[b] relationships[/b] (plural). grin grin grin grin

I only said i don't change women like boxer shorts
i.e. i do not womaniser, meaning jumping from one skirt to another  grin grin grin grin i.e. when am with one person am with one person i.e . i am not a two timing son of a b****.

Thanks for clarifying. . .I wan tire for u na   undecided !

Boarding school(JS1-SS2): Horrible seniors chop my provisions,twack my butt sore. i bath with spyrogyra water,
UNIVERSITY - Toilet full everytime. . . .  .
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by md4real(m): 2:14am On Jun 12, 2009
just got caught recently with ma chick coming out of hostel after the normal visiting hours. it aint funny cos im stil paying for it at the security office.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by c33b33(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2009
dj limse:

uhn, i saw BUSH BABIES, i even cought one, i loved playing with their genitals.
i bet they enjoyed playing with you!bloody liar! grin grin
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by candylips(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2009
Krayola:

JSS1 (1st term and half of second term). Federal Government college Ilorin

Chei!! My eye see pepper. I was just going to turn 11 and didn't know anything about anything. Spent the 1st two weeks feasting on my provisions till they ran out. . .  then reality bit me real hard. .  my parents had abandoned me to show me life was hard. . . My bucket miss, my mosquito net miss, my mattress miss. .  senior beat me, i spark for senior. . he bet me harder (what the hell was i thinking). . had malaria like 2ce. . Called home to beg someone to come and rescue me. .  Nobody gave a flyin fukc!! Yee pa ri pa!!!  i cry tire.  Came back 2nd term . . . once, my school father beat the crap out of me for SPENDING MY OWN MONEY THAT MY PARENTS GAVE ME without his permission (this bastard was 14 yrs old), had malaria like 2ce. . called home and threatened suicide. .  My mother showed up the next day and took me out of the school.
[b]

Dude which year was this.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by beefy23(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2009
Krayola:

. . called home and threatened suicide. .  My mother showed up the next day and took me out of the school.

I intend to put my kids through that torture  cry

Where would we be without v kind/thoughtful mummies? Mama's boy!  tongue

No doubt your own wife will turn up to rescue your own kid from the torture and so the cycle continues.  wink
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by IGWEUSA(m): 11:24am On Jun 12, 2009
I have perused 2ru most of the replies so far and discovered that non of my fellow nlanders have similar experience with me.

Any way, i started living in the hostel right from primary 5 in Gaius Benton Primary school Oko, owned by Alex Ekwueme. I was  
  considered as a stuborn and playfull child both at school and at home. I guess some of my behaviours prompted my parents to explore many options and finally decided to send me to a boarding school.

Mehn, as 9yr old boy, it was a horrible experience. i started to feel the impact of my new environment, tears started to roll down my  
     eyez as my mom was leaving the school gate. I still remember the last word she told me, "I will visit you in the next  three days to know how u are  coping." But she fulfilled her promise after one week.
             As my mom left, the School "Matron" as we call the lady in charge of the students, introduced me to my new friends, around 40 of them within the age range of  4 to 14, including boys and girls. They took me around the boarding house and showed me all  the places that i have to know. The boys and girls room dont call it hostel  have a linking door, hence boyz/girls can freely go into each others room. It was the first time i saw a bunk ie double bed. Throught out my stay in the skool, i always chose the top bed so as to  avoid being baptised with pee  shocked( ie students we dey urinate 4 bed)

In less than two weeks in d skool, i began to realize the actual reason why I was brought to the school. Every thing has time, prep time, siesta time, dinning time etc, and they were all compulsory. They force you to eat all your food, whether you like it or not, you must close ur eye during siesta time, even if u are feeling sleepy or not, we study 2gether every night in the same hall, we pray 2gether every night b4 going to bed and every morning b4 leaving for classes, you cant go home unless ur parents came to pick U up. To worsen d situation, i have never gone home for mid term breaks. In fact, its a looooong story,
         Also, they wash and iron our uniforms every day. The quantity of food per meal was pretty good, but sometimes the taste is horrible. As i said earlier, you must finish your food even if you have hunderd sets of provision  ( milk, milo, cabin, corn flakes, cerelac ete) in the store. All students are equal, there was nothing like seniority.
          In a nut shell, my experience in this school made me a stronger man in all ramification,  academically, physically or other wise.

Graduating from primary 6, i passed my federal entrance n got into a Federal Government boarding skool  As my fellow Jss1 students were still crying, trying to adapt to their new environment, I was the one consoling them. i taught some of them how to avoid being SUCKED by Seniors.
    But life was hell in  FGC ,  when compared to my primary skool experience. The food was hell, the toilets were no go area. Infact, I replaced my skool properties every term, but i stopped when i learnt how to replace them in the same skool ie tapping shocked

Graduating from secondary skool, i said    "Aure voir to hostel/ boarding house life".  It has been a long time, I need a little privacy in university.
                            Boyz have grown into Men.  
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by djcrucifix(m): 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2009
[b] i was at home through out primary school. (oluyole private school. ibadan)

secondary school? o! that was a different case entirely. first i went to nickdel college ibadan where i used only first term of my jss1, i was in the boarding house but i had to leave cos i was damn to stubborn so i got beaten up pretty badly.

i got transferred to the vale college ibadan and it was fun, i was also in the boarding house but this one was more like ''ajebuta'' so i had a ball until i finished junior secondary. that's where the real fun began, wink

moved to lagos so i enrolled at lagos state model college kankon, badagry. (LASMOCK). i can never forget my first night in the hostel, half of my things got stolen and from there on things became an adventure. the next day i got 6 strokes of hot koboko (the first in my life!), na so i manage until i reach ss3 then i started showing myself grin, anyways if not for that school, i wouldn't be as ''sharp'' as i dey now. big ups to LASMOCK.

tertiary? ah! that one na loooooooooooong tiiiiiiiiiiiin! grin cheesy shocked[/b]
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by kolitos007: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2009
i was at home through out primary school. (oluyole private school. ibadan)

secondary school? o! that was a different case entirely. first i went to nickdel college ibadan where i used only first term of my jss1, i was in the boarding house but i had to leave cos i was damn to stubborn so i got beaten up pretty badly.

i got transferred to the vale college ibadan and it was fun, i was also in the boarding house but this one was more like ''ajebuta'' so i had a ball until i finished junior secondary. that's where the real fun began, Wink

moved to lagos so i enrolled at lagos state model college kankon, badagry. (LASMOCK). i can never forget my first night in the hostel, half of my things got stolen and from there on things became an adventure. the next day i got 6 strokes of hot koboko (the first in my life!), na so i manage until i reach ss3 then i started showing myself Grin, anyways if not for that school, i wouldn't be as ''sharp'' as i dey now. big ups to LASMOCK.

tertiary? ah! that one na loooooooooooong tiiiiiiiiiiiin! Grin Cheesy Shocked

Hence you sound like if you still have a lot to learn mate, going to a rough school does not make your sharp, it just means you still need to educate yourself.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by superstar1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2009
Azikwe, terror of the field
Baluba is magnificient
Undisputed Ui sports king
Azikwe never never fail!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was News Editor for Zikpress.
Was member of Debate team for the hall
Rose ro become the Hall Secretary.

I rem the likes of Grabber, ibadinho,Aliu the Ronaldo, Alex, Thunder, Hyena, Ariyo, Aluta, etc

i enjoyed every bit of my stay in the hall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatest Zikite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by Okwyjesus(m): 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2009
l picked my degree living in the refeegue camp called hostel, l love my alma mater and l will not disgrace them in this public place but it was horrible especially the toliet end. l will not forget the day my leg mistakely deep into the toilet bowl while positioning to discharge in my first year, l wash and wash and wash the leg wishing it is possible to cut the leg off and fix new one. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm horrible experience.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by hemafixy: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2009
Terrible but Making

Yea, first, it made me more withdrawn due to bullies. I started failing all subjects (though i was the best from my primary school).

Later i left to finish my secondary school in a day school. But i still couldn't escape independent living at the higher institution. Here, the major challenge was ladies. I couldnt have enough of them. Thank God I survived and didn't lose focus.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by iice(f): 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2009
Okwyjesus:

l picked my degree living in the refeegue camp called hostel, l love my alma mater and l will not disgrace them in this public place but it was horrible especially the toliet end. l will not forget the day my leg mistakely deep into the toilet bowl while positioning to discharge in my first year, l wash and wash and wash the leg wishing it is possible to cut the leg off and fix new one. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm horrible experience.

LWKMD grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by sley4life(m): 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2009
During my time in hostel at fego
-i wake up in the morning by 5.30 am.
- Take my bath
-Wash the toilet& pit
- I dress up in my school uniform go for breakfast
- I drink a pot of watery beans
- have siesta
- Go for afternoon prep
- On wednessday i cut the grass
- At evening i go for evening prep
- Go back to the hostel after 10pm
_ Have my sleep
- When i got to my senior class, i used to fly the fence to jump into the female hostel to, ?
-Avoid dinning by cooking contraband
- Much more i cant keep typing
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by Ndipe(m): 11:55pm On Jun 12, 2009
I will never ever send my child to a primary school boarding house.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by mybad: 11:28am On Jun 13, 2009
dented memories all!
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by elektra(f): 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2009
i spent primary school at home

i went to secondary school at F.G.G.C Bwari
that school was something else, chei!!!
junior years were hell,
our first and probaly only aim in that school was to fetch water!!!
we would fetch water till 4AM sometimes
one senior student usually had an average of 20 buckets which would be distributed to we juniors as you are walking out of RED BRICKS(the hostel)
there was no escape

i still wonder how we managed to pass our exams
we would spend both afternoon and night prep serving purnishment in the class

there was usually mass purnishment , where senior student would punish the whole set(like the whole JSS2)
for one person's crime
the would ask us to lie down flat on the quadrangle in our nighties
the quadrangle is where all sorts of waste is poured by the whole hostel
this is where we urinated, poured garri, saliva, wasing water, dirty water, mopping water, the list is endless
and we were not permitted to change nighties before sleeping,
infact, i can never forget secondary schooll
all the flogging - it was usually 20 trokes with a mopp stick
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by slyk2(m): 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2009
IMT Enugu.

I was cooking a pot of rice in front of my room.

I went down stirs to by something, on coming back, my pot of rice disappeared.

I saw my pot 3 days latter.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by iice(f): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2009
elektra:

i spent primary school at home

i went to secondary school at F.G.G.C Bwari
that school was something else, chei!!!
junior years were hell,
our first and probaly only aim in that school was to fetch water!!!
we would fetch water till 4AM sometimes
one senior student usually had an average of 20 buckets which would be distributed to we juniors as you are walking out of RED BRICKS(the hostel)
there was no escape

i still wonder how we managed to pass our exams
we would spend both afternoon and night prep serving purnishment in the class

there was usually mass purnishment , where senior student would punish the whole set(like the whole JSS2)
for one person's crime
the would ask us to lie down flat on the quadrangle in our nighties
the quadrangle is where all sorts of waste is poured by the whole hostel
this is where we urinated, poured garri, saliva, wasing water, dirty water, mopping water, the list is endless
and we were not permitted to change nighties before sleeping,
infact, i can never forget secondary schooll
all the flogging - it was usually 20 trokes with a mopp stick

Na why some of us get strong head grin grin
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by elektra(f): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
@ iice
infact i also got strong heart to go with it,
in that school i gathered all the experience i need to go through life , or at least naija life
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by iice(f): 9:29am On Jun 20, 2009
elektra:

@ iice
infact i also got strong heart to go with it,
in that school i gathered all the experience i need to go through life , or at least naija life

I agree! cheesy
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by Beebsyn(m): 10:30am On Jun 20, 2009
oga ooooooooo, this thread dey interesting. all of u guys had beautiful xperiences
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by theronkus: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2009
my dear colleagues d tin e no dey easy. wen i first go bording i was very small but maight due to my brothers weakedness,over jelouse.nain the do exchange 4 mi without my knowledge and my mother i beg suferness too much 4 me every day i must cry of been way 4rom home.let talk about the hard labour,punishement and so on.
but wen i enter senior class d class of no return which is sss3 infact pray to god of been independent.if u no go bording school u no know school life cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by ProfJYK(m): 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2009
apart from university days in eastern nigeria, i was tied to mama's apron strings (joke) primary through secondary sch.
the undergrad years were an eye opener 4 me. met freinds (best of both worlds) in the hostels, almost started smoking, GF's the good, the bad, and the heartbreakers. off campus accomodation so you were free to show yourself with what u gat (love-vendor my crib) how u roll, Owerri is a swingers paradise.

hostel life @ uni level was cool sha. no bully's no forced laws (off camp), i had a blast sha no blame me, its my first time away from lag.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

YABATECH & Kaduna Polytechnic To Start Awarding Degrees / LASU Students Get Excess Fee Refund / What?? UNILORIN Expels 108 Students For Admission Runs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.