Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? (15278 Views)

FG To Make Hostel Accommodation In Universities Compulsory / Soldiers Flog Abuja University Students Out Of Hostel / Lodge In Your Complaint Here About The Unilag Hostel Accommodation Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by toygod2: 2:34am On Oct 06, 2012
Its really wonderful hearing some dudes here passed thru the great citadel of learning Oba Awon University.
My addmission to OAU marks my first time of stepping outta my parents shield and particularli,staying in an hostel.
At first ,leaving my parent was like one hell of poo. I was given blk2rm40 AWO HALL has my hostel accomodation. Initially,it was somehw bt as time passd one,the ones new environment became an exciting,fun place........courtesy of those mental displays,shoutings,behaviour,buttery shoppings and the likes.
Nt to talk plenti,Much has been said abt the castle of greatmen "AWO". no need of repetition. I once stayed in E.T.F too,bt none was like AWO HALL.
In my final year,i was allocated a space in FAJ.HALL.....enjoyed it too tho. I preferd stayin on-campus than off.

While during NYSC,i served in a sec school,where i was also given an accomodation inside the college though some didnt stay(some females). It was anoda hostel kinda-life,but living with fellow corper,graduates and more matured minds. Plus more conviniency,as it was one person per room but in same lodge. Though, there was no light,portable water supply,and some other basic amenities,but it was extremely fascinating seeing beholding the beauty of nature like stream water,green vegetations,bush animals.......wish i cld still go back.

My S/O goes to fellow inhabitants of AGAPE % GOTHAM CITY CORPER'S LODGE..............BONYFACE,EMMANUEL,ONYEABUCHI(is a rich),ABDULAHI(ukamburu predent),JASPER(nwanne),EMEKA(kingmaker),CHRIS(bush),MOSES(bissle),TOSINf,IMAf.............twas nice ever meeting y'all
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by akande115: 9:15pm On May 30, 2019
Hostel life.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by lilbarracuda(m): 9:50am On May 31, 2019
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY.

I stayed at fajuyi hall during my post utme days, I saw the way the guys did aro for the ladies that came in one time I thought this was fun.

When I secured admission I was expecting fajuyi hall but instead I got AWOLOWO hall, to be honest I wasn't too happy about it until I spent a week, i remember when I came in first the guys I met in the room where too cool for awo I thought it was because they were squatters but then they were just cool guys, no aro, no noise, they won't touch your stuffs unless you gave them permission to. I even became the trouble maker in the room till CHM101 jammed mei stopped my aro and chilled out. In general hostel life was great.... Spent two years at awo hall before moving to town.
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by Divay22(f): 11:09am On May 31, 2019
DSPZ

I remember that beautiful Tuesday morning, i was all set to go to school. I and my mum woke up at same time and while she was praying she was crying and same was me.
How was i to survive without my mummy. my mummy that cooks for me, sometimes washes my clothes and heat water for me to bath just so i don't get cold. How?
How was i gonna start this kinda life. It was hard.
Introverted, always indoors, get bored of too much talk (most especially if I'm not interested)
But i just have to go.

Got to school and the girl i was suppose to stay with off-campus had already met the landlord and told him her friend was gonna join us. Making it 3 girls to share a bed sitter .but the landlord disagreed with that and that the girl should pick who she would like to stay with and yes she picked her friend( Her boyfriend's friend girlfriend) so i was gonna be an intruder if i dare stay with them. I cried, called my mum and crying on the phone and she ask me to come back home so i can take Jamb again (never liked a poly before) but No, I just couldn't go home cause of this small challenge.
I had to put up with a friend i met in school. Lot of things happened while staying with her but i survived.

Later got a real roof over my head off-campus too but very close to school.
Saw so many characters. Fighting, gossiping, kiss and tell and that made me seclude myself from them.

Retained my room during ND2 but stayed alone and in all of these, it was fun and i realized that as a student God hate to see you suffer and if you can just open up to him about what you're going through then your miracle is on the way.

Looking forward to a new and adventurous beginning as i sail through school life again smiley cheesy
I CAN'T WAIT smiley
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by jamesfadairo(m): 11:18am On Jun 01, 2019
iice:
I was thrilled to go to boarding school.  Didn't understand why people were crying when i got to the compound.  My dorm was one of those that had six rooms in the building, so four people per room.  I was in that dorm till about ss5 when some dolt changed the arrangement and sent me to the dorm that is just open with no room.  Just a big room with all the bunks on display.  I tried staying in the dorm for a month but it wasn't for me.  .  .packed my stuff to my friend's dorm until they hand to change my dorm and i was sent to another dorm which was exactly like my first dorm, only it had a storage room, a toilet and a shower room.  Secondary school was fun, i pretty much had it easy even when a lot of people were gunning for me cheesy.  I usually always did things my way.  In terms of work, independence, studying.  .  .it wasn't different from home.  .  .but when it came to somethings, oh yeah school made me detest dirty toilets grin

PS I went to an all girls school thankfully down the road was our brother school where my brothers were. . .that school is notorious and so much fun! cheesy They always appeared in our school to cause wahala cheesy
queen's school?
Re: What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? by PharmJohn88(m): 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2019
If you haven't camped in the hostel as a student, you have truly missed a lot.

You remember that you have to always walk with a spoon in your pocket ..... And we call this, "*I waka well*"...

Hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

YABATECH & Kaduna Polytechnic To Start Awarding Degrees / LASU Students Get Excess Fee Refund / What?? UNILORIN Expels 108 Students For Admission Runs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.