Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself (28917 Views)

Things I'm Glad I Knew Before I Graduated / I Want To Kill Myself Today Advice Me PICS / Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself - What I Went Through In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by An0nimus: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
I feel like slapping this OP.

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by daphor11: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
Reading through ur epistle, I can only deduce that you plotted ur downfall right from your 100level. U were active in fellowship, thank God for that..... but the question is did u read well @all? U cld be sleeping thinking u were reading.. again, why did u decide to change ur course jus because u failed? U got defeated before the battle started.
My advise, tell ur dad u had spill over, e won't kill u.. read well nd write ur exams. Besides no dey invovle God for ur dirty "runz". All the best

3 Likes

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by cosxzbay: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2015
Just get a good tailor or buy the NYSC kits from the lecturer you run things with and fake your service year as planned...if you're so lucky your dad may not remember to check your posting details, but as usual don't forget to sow a bigger seed in church.good luck!!!

2 Likes

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by jemilo: 9:24am On Dec 28, 2015
My broda. u lost ur trust in God. u relied on your own ability and understanding.i can only advice you to rededicate your life to christ and build your faith through listening and reading the den meditating thru the word of God. den u learn how to trust God. 2015 has been the best year for me. that is my own secret. got a new job dis yr. got double promotion ds same year. faith still works. Dont loose hope. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by heffem(m): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2015
If u really wanna kill urself, u should av done dat b4 typing this "biology note"....... My advice for u is to let ur dad know the whole truth, thru ur mum' help.. So that u won't av to handle ur academics with fear and anxiety again, dat is after he might av forgiven u.... Goodluck
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by ogaprime(m): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2015
Op, God is taking you somewhere but you intentionally jumped off His hands. Its better you pay for your sins now than in the future when the disgrace will be unbearable
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Erums(m): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2015
say the truth to your dad.... ur mum self?
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 28, 2015
Don't kill yourself OP, commit suicide, that's a better option.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by TopeQs: 9:25am On Dec 28, 2015
Vulu:
KILL YOURSELF AND RUN AWAY.
you no well oh......kill yourself and run away
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by therapistmrs: 9:25am On Dec 28, 2015
brother please you know deep inside of you that you've not been sincere to yourself.

stop been a maga and face your study for your spillover.you will be shocked how well you will pass.

keep praying to God because God loves you and is ever forgiving.

stop lieing to your dad, tell him the truth no matter what.i am sure you have learnt that one lie begets more lies.

don't let the number of years you spent in the university discourage you, I know somebody who spent ten years and graduated with third class and his so successful.

so keep your head up.

all the best.

therapistmrs..com

2 Likes

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by feaworaoja007: 9:27am On Dec 28, 2015
It's a pity really! You got ur academic life all twisted plus seems u dont really have a good grasp of the course you"re doing in sch dts dts y u keep failing some courses!
Now,commiting sucide is the gr8st siin u can ever commit that being said,let me suggest an easier way for a person like you that believes in God and prayer!
"The end justifies the means"; that being said,its beta you do all you have to do 2 graduate than kiilling ursef!
Ur case is a simple one really! Make a list of all the courses troubling you;(i.e still keepn you in school) cos i think these courses kinda gives you some tough time,believe me,most people that graduated all had courses like that and looked for a way to deal with them! Even me,i had a particular course like that,had to deaal with it by any means neccessary!
That being said, look for any possible safe ways too deal with these courses and graduate,they way u write and all,i think.I hhave an insight on ur social and kinda lifestyle...you"re not hangn with the right clique and that means you dont know whats up on how to handle certain issues!
Keep your eyes open for the ryt kinda people that"ll show you the "blueprint" of how your school runs,cos i dont think you have a clue hence you making wrong moves!
Kip ur head and dont kill yourself,do all you can afterall,thinkn of sucide means you"ve got nothing to lose,so taap into ur positive energy and do what you have to do...dont. Brealk. Ur parents heart!
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Laeroy(f): 9:27am On Dec 28, 2015
Someone said and I quote----- I've failed so many times so bad that now I have a relationship with
failure! I've mastered the art and act so good that I've lost the FEAR
of it that renders human being powerless in the face of decision and
ACTION! When new ideas and adventure enters my mind, I'm excited
knowing that failure is part of the first stage on my way to success
so I embrace it, learn from it and FAIL FORWARD!

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by symbianDON(m): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2015
sorry for your travails. the only candid advice i can proffer is for you to firstly, return back to God! you can't keep running from Him. secondly, with the aid of your mum and aunt, you must open up to your dad; there isn't much sense keeping him out of it anymore. he isn't going to kill you. finally, you must resolve to take your studies seriously henceforth; those who make first class do not have a different head from yours. all the best.

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by PipSurgeon(m): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2015
hmmm. u case get as e be. but uv always got to remember that there is always someone going thru worst..
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by GamaG(m): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2015
ur not that brilliant and hardworking as u claim here coz if are, u would av passed ur exams. A brilliant person does not depend on runs to pass exams. Go and read ur books and stop lying to ur father and also stop using fellowship as an excuse.

When I was in school, I was a CASOR president and JCCF secretary. most of my time in school was used on fellowship activities, going from one programme to another, yet, I still made up time to read my books and was one of the best in that department irrespective of the numerous hunger I passed coz money wasn't available to me. To pay my fees was a problem.

But I didn't allow financial problems and fellowship activities to become an obstacle to my studies. God through my dedication always find a way out for me. Now am a living testimony. But you, the money is there and you claim to be hardworking, then read ur books especially through the nights and pass ur exams without complaining if not, go and kill yourself as you said.

2 Likes

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2015
People be taking fellowship things in school too personal cos of recognition and all.Una weldone o.Anyway Op,what about when you finally grad,serve and you can't get a job after so many years?Will you open a new thread telling us about a new suicidal threat?...Guy,go sleep.Na now wey life they sweet pass wey you wan go?
Ps:I know you don't want to but i'll just advise you drop your school details,dept and possibly your name.There might be someone here that can help you.

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Vulu: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2015
TopeQs:
you no well oh......kill yourself and run away

IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY.

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by fortunechy(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2015
killing urself isnt the best solution.wen dia's life dia's hope
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by lovinam: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2015
Just negosi! Tomorrow if they don't employ. Then you create another unemployment thread. You can't be playing kalo kalo with your life. Go back to school and face your studies like a man. If you know the advice you will give your child, just give it to yourself now. Keep runsing courses o!!
stabas:
Chartey thanks alot.The thing is I lost all interest in reading book after the 100 level failure.And even when I read,i won't just understand at all anymore.that's why I opted for the runs that has helped me alot.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by eROCK247(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:
Chartey thanks alot.The thing is I lost all interest in reading book after the 100 level failure.And even when I read,i won't just understand at all anymore.that's why I opted for the runs that has helped me alot.
I understand ur plight bro. Felt the same way wen I had an unwarranted carryover in my 100L 2nd semester exams.

There r 2 solutions to this situation.

1. Step down from sch n learn a trade/entrepreneurial skill. The economy is too saturated with graduates anyway. But given ur story above, u can't go against ur dad. That brings us to

2. Open up to ur dad. Seek help from ur fellowship (u left out a lot of details e.g why didn't u open up ur struggles to the leaders of ur church?). It's time to be straightforward with urself and everyone around. People have pulled thru worse scenarios, suicide is not a solution. Man up and do the needful.

Wishing u better days ahead!
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by fexyrich(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2015
Bros don't dare kill yourself..I know so many people who went to schl and had several failures academically..Instead of harming themselves some dropped out and went into business..University is not for everyone and being a graduate is not a guarante dat you wld get a good job afta schl..With the way ur talking am not sure u can even graduate with a 2.2 the best you can get is a 3rd class if not pass..Cos the more extra years a student has the more his Gp falls cos its usually divided by d number of years spent..I know so many guys who while in schl were husstling and academically performing poorly..Many guys used to yap them then telling them that they are no future ambition students..but do you know dat some of these guys are doing very well in business today..I mean some even millionaires..School is not the endo of the world many have failed in schl and still succeeded in life while many had A's in schl and stll failed in life..What matters is how u end up not how u started..Bros if schl no favour you enter trade of business,put in ur best into it, be diligent and become d man u want to be..I graduated with a 2.1 from d university but because of the unemployment situation in the country I started a business which is paying off today..So that's life my bro..Even with ur certificate ur not guaranteed to get a good job.Brace up and take lifes bull by d horn..Even ur father who sees u as a failure now wld rejoice with u when u eventually succeed in life.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Firmjudge(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2015
First of all how old are you..?

Obviously you are encloud with the glory of NYSC yet you dont want to put hardwork into play.

A guy close to me was extremely brilliant yet he spent 7+1/2 years for a 5year course what happened.? Witchhunt.-- by wicked lecturers.

He didnt kill himself.

You engross yourself in runs and claim to be a christian.

No listen the hypocritical christian is something i hate.

What kind of christian are you.?

How can you give God deadline
Very funny.

Look it doesnt matter what your father tell yous open up to him if he wants to support you fine if he wont then bro hustle hard.

Go back to school reg the courses sit your ass down jack and write the exams.

Drop your ego drop your pride.

If you kill yourself or not life will still go on.

talk to your mum and tell her you want to kill yourself and see if she wont faint.

After here is judgement there is no going back.

Peace
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by wabbylie76(m): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2015
CircleOfWilis:
Bro u refused to register and face the course squarely, u trusted in ur dubious self/lecturer and prayer. I can only advice u to kill ursef because u are not serious about ur future...

#register the course , attend the lectures, sit down and read for the tests and exam, u will pass..stop wasting ur money, and also stop disturbing God with ur dirty tongue full of lies
You just hit the nail on the head bruh. OP you need tell ur dad nd ask for his forgiveness. Stop deceiving yourself. Believe in urself and God will see u thru.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by TopeQs: 9:35am On Dec 28, 2015
Vulu:

IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY.

shocked
9ja.......undecided
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by frag(m): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2015
OP. First of,you need to go and open up to your dad! Tell him everything and beg for his forgiveness. Then let him guide you....

Good luck
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by victorazy(m): 9:36am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:
During the 2nd semester,a lecturer friend of mine I had been doing 'runs' with told me there's an elective course I should 'run' in order to grad and they'll use it to replace any other I fail,which I did at 25k per course(all final year courses).Only for me to hear from people later on that they weren't using that course to replace any.On calling him,he told me he din't tell me they were using the course to replace any.I felt bad and used but I still had faith.I sowed seeds and prayed like never before,telling God I can't be having a 2nd spilling year.I remember clearly when a woman made a prayer point in Church saying 'I shall not end this year in shame'.i prayed like I was about to die and sowed seeds to the prayer as well.i kept telling God that it was better I died than to go through what 2016 will offer me if I don't grad this year cos certainly,i will now have to tell my dad,who is already proudly telling people he now has 3 graduates at home.

Just last week,the results were released.You guessed it.My name was in the list of spillover students again,my final chance of being a graduate.

I seriously do not know how to go about it now cos i'm just confused.Its too big a burden for me to bear.Please I need the wise advises of my fellow nairalanders as  it will help me on what to do this coming year and above all,although i've practically given up on prayers,i still need your prayers as well.If you're looking for who to pray for in your 31st night prayer,please let it be me cos God might answer yours,even if He dint answer mine.

Seun‎
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Please take this to the promised land for more contributions.

You don't really know who u are in Christ Jesus. (Shame)
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Kingsasian(m): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:
Certainly not a headline people often see or imagine to read about in a season like this but this is where i've found myself against my wish.

I had to create a new NL account for this cos i'll say i'm pretty much an active nairalander so I wouldn't wanna disclose my details to the general public.

It's only natural for one to look at his/her life as the curtains of a particular year is been shut on their face and begin to analyse what the year brought for them and in most cases,plan for the year ahead.I guess,from the topic,you should know by now that 2015 wasn't a good one for me over here.I'll try as much as possible to be brief but not leaving out the important details.

Straight to the point now...
I got admitted to the university in the 2009/2010 session(school name and department withheld).As everyone would,i was very happy,seeing I got admitted in the course I wanted to study.i was very much hardworking bookwise and commited to fellowship activities that I became the 100 level cordinator.it took my time a lot but I still made sure I read everyday,attend tutorials et al.Fast forward to when my results were released,i failed.i needed just one course to be promoted and I saw an absent case.On going to the dept I had the absent case,i saw a name that was just like mine and I passed the course.All the nysc guy in charge then had to do was find my main script and confirm it.He told me to pay him money for it that he paid in school too.Been a christian,i prayed everyday over the issue and left it for God.i even went there with my course adviser and he told me if the script and result is sent,he'll rectify it.even after all my praying and pestering the guy,it was never sent so I was aked to repeat the class.i just couldn't so I made up my mind to transfer to another dept.i practically spent that session in my hostel doing nothing with no intention of going back to that dept.To aid my transfer,i had to fail again so the transfer process won't be hectic.i din't bother preparing for the sessional exams.i just wrote the exam anyhow and failed.so I was asked to withdraw from the faculty which made it easy for the other faculty to accept me.meanwhile during all this,i was given a high post in fellowship as a leader of church pastors.it wasn't like other fellowship ministry groups one could just enter.It was by appointment so the prestige was very much huge considering the fellowship was even among the top 5 in school then(last I checked).i held on to the post for a while but looking at the devotion,dedication,seed sowing and more I had made in my 100 level and my academic result that section,i will say I wasn't really into 'God things' anymore.On seeing a little chance,I wrote a letter of resignation on the office I was occupying.it made everywhere in the fellowship to shake.So much that alumni,church patrons and matrons were all up on my phone asking to see me.i later stopped the visits and switched off my phone for over three months cos it became too much.i got a new line for my family and close contacts to get in touch with me.I left fellowship cos I couldn't be doing bad and still pretend to be serving God.i hated hypocrisy.
uniben don do you strong thing. Mine was worse but I scaled through at the end. Don't give up. I wish I could relate my story to you as well.

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by dlashondra(f): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2015
Killing yourself will not solve anything , instead it will spoil so many things and also break the heart of your parents, have been in ur shoes before, while in 100level my gp was 1.7, cos I played away my time , I was very active in sporting activities than my academic and my so call friends were not helping out. Same thing happen in my 200level, my break Tru came wen a lecturer called me and advice me, in his words''your grads are bad, but I see potentials in your, you just need to read a little '' I was touched and went home crying. You know what I did? I changed my hostel, changed my friends, I went to d dept notice board, I wrote down the names of the best female students in my class, I went to meet them, told them all about me, collected their numbers and made sure I call them everyday, to find out about lectures, I started attending lectures and I also noticed the do tutorials amidst themselves every evening, I joined them and my grades improved. With time I was good and even passed them in some exams. And I graduated amidst the best in my class, I will advice you not to kill yourself, instead kill your books, and you will come out successfully

2 Likes

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by hottadiva(f): 9:38am On Dec 28, 2015
Hi Op, imo people hardly get the advice they need on public forums but I'll just add my bit.

I've been in your shoes before. Was a top pastor, and when it was time to graduate I had a course holding me back. to be candid I prayed but it wasn't waved. after months of hopelessness, I made peace and decided to learn what God was really trying to tell me.........

long story short, didn't pay any lecturers or those stuffs yet my name miraculously appeared on the graduate list with a 2.1.

my point is, your life and all it involves is a journey. anything you don't learn to conquer without taking shortcuts would always come back to face you.

wish you the best in this season of miracles

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by PMONEY6: 9:40am On Dec 28, 2015
Bros if you no fit go school Bleep it off and do something else with your life. After all, money doesn't know graduates or illiterates.

Behave ursef.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by stabas(m): 9:41am On Dec 28, 2015
I am currently doing a little job now anyway.One that pays 45k per month and it's a 2 month contract job.I'm thinking of using the money to pay my fees and when the work is done,i'll just write a letter to my dad before I travel to write the exam and tell him everything,switch off my phone till I can confirm from my mum that he has calmed down,then I can talk to him on the phone.my father can be very HBP'd by something like this cos he's in his 60s and I won't something bad to happen to him cos of me.But when he has calmed down,he can be forgiven.My elder bro had a similar case with mine and my father always used him as example to us and it hurt me when he does that cos nobody plans for failure.
I schooled in uniben anyway.Physical sciences faculty.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:

Proverbs 21:5 Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty....

i know you wont commit suicide because you know better so stop sulking and be strong, retrace your steps obeying the scripture above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Medical Lab Science Or Science Laboratory Technology? / Male Lecturers And Their Sexual Manipulations With Female Students / Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.