Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself (28918 Views)

Things I'm Glad I Knew Before I Graduated / I Want To Kill Myself Today Advice Me PICS / Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself - What I Went Through In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by tamquezee(m): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2015
Very pathetic story but the key to success is still in your hand. But ur story at some point really disgust me. A Christian as u claimed to be; u were bribing lecturers and at the same time sowing seed, praying fervently for God to help u. Lying to ur father etc and still expecting miracles without even registering some of ur courses and relying on ur dubious lecturers. I don't really pity u but I learnt a lesson from your story that; short cut to achievement is full of pain and regret.And again, it is ur type of Christians that floods churches nowadays. My advice: don't cut corners read ur books u will surely pass OK.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 28, 2015
First mistake made is termed, misplace priority, how? You was sent to school to study, instead you went to serve a fairytale God who couldn't magically help you pass.

As an atheist I would never condemn you for your wrong but learn more lesson why God is so busy being unreal. And my advice to you is.....

Hell is not a place you go if you not a christian, its the failure of your life greatest ambition so disregard you dad's comment and put in more hard work also disregard God and acknowledge yourself as a God with working brain. Plead to get fund from relatives, pay your school fee and invest in your hardwork and see success.

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 28, 2015
Appliedmaths:
@Op, this was the same reason I broke up with my ex she is spending her 6th year in school on a four year course and from the look of things another year still dey wait her. It all started when this fellowship people grabbed her and gave her so many top positions, she lost focus and abandoned her studies I did all I could to bail her out but to no avail. I remember telling her that in the end all the fellowship people would abandon her and that's what's happening now.
So my guy u caused it, sit your behind down and read your books abeg, else you stay in that school till 2019. God cannot be mocked, u no read for exam how u wan take pass?
bro you are so on point.. I saw so many of their likes i n school,if you advise them they would look at you like you are a demon...op you lost it right from the beginning, there was no balance between you church life and educational life..
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by munex007(m): 10:19am On Dec 28, 2015
University of Benin right?
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by san316(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2015
It really amazes me to read about students sorting their way through school. I graduated from ABU with 4points and I didnt even spend up to 5k on my project talk less sorting a lecturer.

@OP you made a terrible mistake from the begining. You would have saved yourslf the pain if you had sorted the corper that was to regularize your result. Your reasons and decisions reek of naivete.
I would advise you amend your ways. Beg God for forgiveness, talk to your father and damn the consquences. Finally, register your course plus additional courses and pass them.

God will help you
thanks.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by eddiegate(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2015
My people say that 'for the stone to go forward you need to draw the catapult backward'..this is life telling you it's never easy,giving you story to tell....bro it's Neva the worst....the ultimate failure in life is death...there's no coming back ...u want to kill you self?well I guess u will be a true failure then
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Flameneo(m): 10:22am On Dec 28, 2015
To start with, I will be very harsh on you. I hope you know you put yourself in all these poo, and only you can remove yourself from it.

That ugly moment you started paying money to runs your Test and Exams, that was when you ruin your God given brain. It can't take you anywhere, even God isn't happy with that.

What shall it profit a man to graduate with Third class or Pass after paying to runs his papers in this 21st century??

#ADVICE

You can still make it with your head without settling any body to act in your favour.

All you need do is to Humble yourself to attend lectures, Read for Test and Exams and that's all . Best of luck
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:
I am currently doing a little job now anyway.One that pays 45k per month and it's a 2 month contract job.I'm thinking of using the money to pay my fees and when the work is done,i'll just write a letter to my dad before I travel to write the exam and tell him everything,switch off my phone till I can confirm from my mum that he has calmed down,then I can talk to him on the phone.my father can be very HBP'd by something like this cos he's in his 60s and I won't something bad to happen to him cos of me.But when he has calmed down,he can be forgiven.My elder bro had a similar case with mine and my father always used him as example to us and it hurt me when he does that cos nobody plans for failure.
I schooled in uniben anyway.Physical sciences faculty.

Uniben? And u havent graduated uptil now? u havent been working with the right sources then. Make sure u send me a mail if u really want to get urself out of this mess.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by phlame(m): 10:27am On Dec 28, 2015
OP KILL YOUSELF!!!
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Officialkenshin(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:
Chartey thanks alot.The thing is I lost all interest in reading book after the 100 level failure.And even when I read,i won't just understand at all anymore.that's why I opted for the runs that has helped me alot.

Guy. Go do yahoo. Your head no they school. Not smart enough.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Moffyman(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2015
Wrong perpective....thats just D problem....Graduation shouldnt be D goal..but life after.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by indoorlove(m): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2015
whatever you do, don't ever contemplate killing yourself. In few years from now you will seat someone down telling him or her your story and that will serve as a motivation for them. you have extra year, and you want to kill yourself, what of all those who have been killed by Boko Haram or accident this year, are there no first class graduates among them.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by lekan3531(m): 10:32am On Dec 28, 2015
MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER....MY ADVICE FOR U IS DAT U SHUD TRY AND RE-REGISTER THOSE COURSE U FAIL.....60% ON ACADEMIC,30% CHURCH AND 10% FOR ANOTHER THINGS.I BELIEVE DIA IS A REASON FOR ALL DIS .............BUT I PRAY FOR U TODAY THAT GOD ALMIGHTY WE HAV MERCY ON U AND PERFECT EVERY GOOD THING IN UR LIFE. YEAR 2016 WE BE A TESTIMONY YEAR FOR U,ALL UR LOST GLORY WE BE RESTORE BACK TO U IN YEAR 2016.....REMAIN BLESS AND CONTINUE TO AV FAITH IN THE GOD U RE SERVING

.........VERY SOON U WILL GIVE A TESTIMONY HERE

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by xest(m): 10:36am On Dec 28, 2015
This is a lesson for u,everything is not about being a christian. All in d name of u r a christian and a fellowship leader u landed ursef in this mess. Come to think of it,had it been u runs that ur spillover course in ur 100 level mayb u will b a Corper nw or ex Corper. Some tyms u do things d way dey appear,and mind u bible n christianity doesnt stop u frm doing that which will help u. Now u hv anoda yr to,all is not prayers o but it helps. U hv to work hard n make sure u on ur own side hav tried ur possible best,then u pray over it and leave it for God. U hv to read my man. That Reminds me,which school and course r we talking abt here
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by mofy1(f): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2015
From experience,i once failed in my first semester during my HND degree.1.45 because I didn't study. I belong to those category who doesn't read atall but believe dat whatever they were thought in class is enof for them to write their exams. But my dear I had to sit up and guess what I graduated with 2.86.(if I had been serious from first semester,i probably would av graduated with upper) And I can proudly say that I attain that without opening my legs for any stupid lecturer or sorting. My dear it all centered on determination. If u kill ursef,more suffering await u in hell.be wise.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:

u even read the epistle the guy write ?..
Nor mind these confra boys
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by 9jatatafo(m): 10:42am On Dec 28, 2015
OP you got it all wrong because your primary aim in the university was to get good degree and graduate as when your mates did. I didn't say serving God is bad just that you played your cards badly. I will tell you register your courses and attend classes and graduate with spill over version 2.0, take your dad out of the equation and face your study then you graduate you make sure you hustle hard to cover your failings in the universities
Guy u for go hug transformer or jump on the front of a moving trailer since you are considering suicide, nonsense after all it is all your making
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by chachanga: 10:45am On Dec 28, 2015
Haba Mallam, haba mallam, haba mallam?!

For a xtian bros and former campus fellowship exco, you've really had a slide while blaming God and every other person for sturvs you caused for yourself.

You went to that school to study and get a degree, bro, not to get suckered into going overboard with Fellowship Activities etcetera etcetera. That's one thing you campus fellowship blokes don't get. Tagging yourself "Papa, Mama, President, V/P" and all such while playing God with fellow student's lives. Y'all are very good at dishing out cliches and headache pills for tummyaches you've never felt. Even you, are now partly, a victim of such a closed system.

Religion is one thing, being a believer is another. You need to get rid of all that religious crap you've been force-fed with. You're obviously "offended and wounded" and you're obviously holding your "religious system" guilty too.

But, that was just what it was; a fellowship system. You volunteered to use your study time to do Exco activities etc with a lot of deceit and tainted sacrifices and strange fires on the altars. You didn't need all of that. First learn to be your own man in God first. See, how the simple task of leading yourself to get a degree has turned out? And you're a role model?!!

Abeg 'Shenk' those your runz idiots (you've seen what they can do; make dem no spoil your life finish)
Pay for all the courses you've spilled and get ready to write them
Go Read your books (which kind of degree would that be sef if you could not defend it, smh)
Get Creative with all your "carryovers" and extra years (e.g. go befriend all those 200/300L geeks, nerds & book-jacker professor types and get coached)
Find an elder in your family who can help you beg so the old man won't bash your corny brains in when he discovers (or just tell him you have extra year, simple)
Do This First; MEnd your vertical relationship with God (exclusive of any person or fellowship) and start taking the baby steps again

And, don't start thinking of doing any dumb ish like suicide like the first poster suggested (you'll just be leaving extra rice for the rest of us; we go even come your funeral come chop sef)

You'll be fine, you'll turn out right provided you're gonna be making the right decisions now.

Ah've known guys whose 1st degree bid took them through 2-3 higher institutions and a lady who got JAMB'd like 7years in a row just for English. They're all graduates living well today. Some are even role models now having learnt some valuable life lessons along the hard trek upwards.

Otondo, make the calls you need to make and go eat your leftover xmas rice...you've got a busy 2016 ahead of you, peace!

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Appliedmaths(m): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2015
hiroz:
bro you are so on point.. I saw so many of their likes i n school,if you advise them they would look at you like you are a demon...op you lost it right from the beginning, there was no balance between you church life and educational life..

You dey mind them, just a pity.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Duru009(m): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2015
My brother the mistake has been made now. You have to face reality of life now my dear.
You have to tell your father the whole truth.
And also fine a gud smart student who can coach you in any course you want to write.it helps you and put you rite frame of mind. You have truthed people n ur lectures. Its a pity. People can fail you but u have to clear eyes and face the realities of LIFE now.

Am praying with you. God will certainly turn your story to glory.
Its well.........
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by edjeodiri(m): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2015
If you don't miss lectures and read hard you will pass stop wasting ur money and time. Prayer will not get you out if you don't prepare well for ur exams.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by ednut1(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2015
Smh this guy will later open church and start scamming pple. How can u be doing runs and sowing seed. Iranu abasha
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by stabas(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2015
tamquezee:
Very pathetic story but the key to success is still in your hand. But ur story at some point really disgust me. A Christian as u claimed to be; u were bribing lecturers and at the same time sowing seed, praying fervently for God to help u. Lying to ur father etc and still expecting miracles without even registering some of ur courses and relying on ur dubious lecturers. I don't really pity u but I learnt a lesson from your story that; short cut to achievement is full of pain and regret.And again, it is ur type of Christians that floods churches nowadays. My advice: don't cut corners read ur books u will surely pass OK.
Bro,if you understood me pretty well.I said I wasn't into 'godly things' anymore after the first failure cos I felt it dint work out for me.You people are talking like if their aren't people who paid their way from 100lvl to final year and still made a 2,1.As I am now,i don't care if I come out with 3rd class,i just want to come out as a graduate.That's where I stand.And those saying that I can't be doing runs and still sowing seeds and praying.I was once a preacher so I know that one prayer God accepts more is a sinner on his knees telling God to forgive him,a prayer when a sinner says 'Do this for me God and i'm yours forever''i know i've tried to help You like Uzzah did instead of me giving all my burdens to you but i'm sorry''...All Prayers I made but one thing I believe in is this,
QUE SERA SERA.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by templeinyou(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2015
GOd is not a fool!
It is we that claim to know God are fools.

Your initial dedications to church did not fail you but, not been able to know that your wrist watch is not for fashion.

Church activities are not every day and night. But your hope was on the runs and vain prayer because the same God that asked you not to lie, is the same God you pray to with your lieing tongue.

Please! you can still make it if you only forget the past and forge aheade with your parents in the same page.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by Mekzmoney(m): 10:52am On Dec 28, 2015
Gerarahia.................. Pls use gun and make it faster.

Anu Mpama. undecided
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by toprealman: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2015
25K per course? Bros abeg no kill yourself. Hope de.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by oshe11: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2015
stabas:
During the 2nd semester,a lecturer friend of mine I had been doing 'runs' with told me there's an elective course I should 'run' in order to grad and they'll use it to replace any other I fail,which I did at 25k per course(all final year courses).Only for me to hear from people later on that they weren't using that course to replace any.On calling him,he told me he din't tell me they were using the course to replace any.I felt bad and used but I still had faith.I sowed seeds and prayed like never before,telling God I can't be having a 2nd spilling year.I remember clearly when a woman made a prayer point in Church saying 'I shall not end this year in shame'.i prayed like I was about to die and sowed seeds to the prayer as well.i kept telling God that it was better I died than to go through what 2016 will offer me if I don't grad this year cos certainly,i will now have to tell my dad,who is already proudly telling people he now has 3 graduates at home.

Just last week,the results were released.You guessed it.My name was in the list of spillover students again,my final chance of being a graduate.

I seriously do not know how to go about it now cos i'm just confused.Its too big a burden for me to bear.Please I need the wise advises of my fellow nairalanders as it will help me on what to do this coming year and above all,although i've practically given up on prayers,i still need your prayers as well.If you're looking for who to pray for in your 31st night prayer,please let it be me cos God might answer yours,even if He dint answer mine.

Seun‎
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Please take this to the promised land for more contributions.
QUIT BEING AN 'ACTIVE' NAIRALANDER AND U AV '2GO' AND FACE UR BOOK SINX U ARE A STUDENT

U MUST GRADUATE NEXT YEAR BY HIS GRACE BT GUY NO DEPEND TOO MUCH ON 'SUBSCRIBING'(BLOCKING/RUNS TINX)

#MYTWOCENTS
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by toprealman: 10:57am On Dec 28, 2015
25K per course? Bros abeg no kill yourself. Hope de. You can still be a lecturer tomorrow and recover your money.

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by cruz419(m): 10:58am On Dec 28, 2015
hay bro,,killing ur self is not d answer,,trust me we all have our stories but non of commuted suciude!!!first u have to tell ur dad d truth yea it would definately have it consequences but it ,will pay off later and den secondly u need to register does course and read hard to pass dem ,,I know u can !!!am also a Uniben graduate I no watin my eye see for faculty of management sciences !!!! but today all is now story!!! wish u all d best !!!!
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by stabas(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2015
lekan3531:
MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER....MY ADVICE FOR U IS DAT U SHUD TRY AND RE-REGISTER THOSE COURSE U FAIL.....60% ON ACADEMIC,30% CHURCH AND 10% FOR ANOTHER THINGS.I BELIEVE DIA IS A REASON FOR ALL DIS .............BUT I PRAY FOR U TODAY THAT GOD ALMIGHTY WE HAV MERCY ON U AND PERFECT EVERY GOOD THING IN UR LIFE. YEAR 2016 WE BE A TESTIMONY YEAR FOR U,ALL UR LOST GLORY WE BE RESTORE BACK TO U IN YEAR 2016.....REMAIN BLESS AND CONTINUE TO AV FAITH IN THE GOD U RE SERVING

.........VERY SOON U WILL GIVE A TESTIMONY HERE
AMEN.Thank you brother.I needed this.
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by oshe11: 11:01am On Dec 28, 2015
Chartey:
I still don't understand how you could have been paying for "runs" and still be "sowing seed" . That's why I don't go to church anymore. The pastors and members are all confused, worldly people.

I don't know your age but I can guess you've not seen life at all.
You want to commit suicide because of academic failure. That will only confirm that you're all round unintelligent rather than just not good academically. Do you want people to think of you that way after you're gone? I guess not.

Thank God your mother knows already. Here's what you need to do.
1. Keep your money and stop the Father Christmas in the name of "runs".
2. Face the courses you spilled squarely and pass them. If you have to turn the personal assistant of the guru in the new final year class, do it. No shame in it.
3. At this stage, it's likely you've lost passion for your course if you ever had it that is. So you make new life goals and plan how to achieve them from your present status.
In no time, you'll be a happy person again. Good luck.
@Bolded...... He was giving to Caesar wat belongs to Caesar
Re: Someone Please Help Me Before I Kill Myself by MirandaPrestly(f): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2015
It's odd the way people think that by putting money in a basket you can bribe God to act as you wish. He gave you a fully functional brain. He expects you to use it.
OP, for a minute, forget whatever you have been told by people about God. Read the Bible for yourself. As long as the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest will not cease. The problem is with your understanding of "seed". What you are doing is like burying 100 naira note in the farm and expecting to return and harvest corn.

If you want academic success, the correct seed to sow is your time in studying your course materials. The correct prayer to pray is for God to bless your mind with understanding. Study like those that are passing. Study with them. Learn from them. That's the way to success.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Male Lecturers And Their Sexual Manipulations With Female Students / Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade / Price Of 2019 JAMB UTME Form And Registration Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.