Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,381 members, 7,826,494 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328791 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 26, 2013
Yesterday's log

B.fast: One small Pack of indomie onion chicken(70g) + one medium sized plantain(fried) and a mug of green tea

4pm: A slice of crunchy pawpaw

6p.:3 serving spoons of rice + one boiled egg..

Exercise: Nil except for walking btw Alagomeji and Yaba, and several places within Unilag, dey find wetin no lost.

I have a confession......don't take it personal *in d'banj's voice"

9:15pm.... Half handful of shrimps + one ltr of orange juice(chivita)oooo... See my life outside... I was so tired and hungry wen I got home and I didn't realized I finished d juice until d pack was empty......
There goes my confession
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
yinx007: dey find wetin no lost.

Now that is really funny.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2013
@ ALL,
Believe all is well.

@Barbie,
Let's set up a JM schedule now cheesy . Babe how do you manage the ym I don't know what to attribute my poor form to,lack of balance or lack of flexibility? Wip though.

@Yinx,Sima&HG
Una minds too dirty wink ...Yinkuse I got the Dvds from family friends.I wakaed for days on end till I just gave up,did "fine bara" for shred & BFBM, ordered YM&6wks 6pks(+loads of other stuff) from Amazon sent the cash & voila,now have enoug to really make me feel like "I'm going to die"!! grin

@kkmny,
Is this your 1st attempt @ weightloss?I'm also assuming the wedding is still far away?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2013
babs2011:
@HG: how far dear? You seem a bit quiet on the logs...

Yes o, these days its a sign that am working, lol. Can I be allowed to keep it that way till I repent?

Jillian's Rotation are awesome when it is consistently done. One great advantage of Shred is a "hip enhancement", is someone smiling right now.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Yes o, these days its a sign that am working, lol. Can I be allowed to keep it that way till I repent?

Jillian's Rotation are awesome when it is consistently done. One great advantage of Shred is a "hip enhancement", is someone smiling right now.
Yea, laughing actually.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by simababe(f): 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2013
@modath enjoy wella
@bab2011 na all doz mr biggs minced pie

2days log
Brkfast a fist of semo and egusi plus fish n ponmo

Lunch;a servin spoon of rice
Dinner;4 servin spoon of rice n stew

30mins walk
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2013
Infact ehn today's log aint encouraging at all, seems I've lost touch.I overdid everything today... And guys to be sincere, I'm beginning to feel guilty cuz of my eating habits.... Sometimes its always on point and other times nothing to write home about. But I'm nt giving up ooo.. Lailai, I've started and would make sure I complete dis feat. Can I hear an amen in the house? Ok enuff stories..

9:30am: a mug of hot milo(very watery and no sugar)
10am: Small bread (like 40naira worth) + fish sauce + green tea

3pm: More bread n fish sauce

6pm: 33cl Malta guiness

7:45pm: 35cl coke

9:47pm: 6 tablespoons of garri with little peanut
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2013
^^ amen o! Today was a real write off for me, it's like all the 'bad' food stuff came to meet me at home (via a friend) and there was no turning back. cry hm..anyway...

@ Mody: Yeah I'm game with the JM schedule.will post a sample plan for a week. I want to start on Monday God willing..
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:34am On Jan 27, 2013
May the good Lord deliver us all from the clutch of OVEREATING/eating the wrong stuffs, May He grant us grace, firmness of heart, and a disciplined heart to resist the temptation not to workout. May He grant us the simplicity of heart to make simple choices, healthy choices that are light and consistent. embarassed

Today is Sunday, we need to pray grin grin grin grin

By all means there must be a difference in my meals to lose all I desire this year.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 27, 2013
Hour_Glass: May the good Lord deliver us all from the clutch of OVEREATING/eating the wrong stuffs, May He grant us grace, firmness of heart, and a disciplined heart to resist the temptation not to workout. May He grant us the simplicity of heart to make simple choices, healthy choices that are light and consistent. embarassed

Today is Sunday, we need to pray grin grin grin grin

By all means there must be a difference in my meals to lose all I desire this year.

AMEN oooo... That prayer is specifically meant for me
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by simababe(f): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2013
Notin much 2day,
Ate normal dish buh no exercise @ all.
Gonna start my fruit fast 2mao 2 cleanse ma bowels
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ortopazz(m): 9:47pm On Jan 27, 2013
officially ended my fast! 2mao, by God's grace am bk full time, besides some advised, full glass of milk mornin and nite, what wil it help do? Especialy afta exercising!

Blessings of God to the house!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:24am On Jan 28, 2013
ortopazz: officially ended my fast! 2mao, by God's grace am bk full time, besides some advised, full glass of milk mornin and nite, what wil it help do? Especialy afta exercising!

Milk is a good source of calcium. But still be careful of full cream milk.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by AjanleKoko: 8:23am On Jan 28, 2013
ortopazz: officially ended my fast! 2mao, by God's grace am bk full time, besides some advised, full glass of milk mornin and nite, what wil it help do? Especialy afta exercising!

Interesting . . .

Were you doing the 21 days thingy?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2013
Yesterday's log

Bfast: one large apple + a mug of green tea

Lunch: 2 medium slices of yam + one egg( fried with a tablespoon of soya oil)

Dinner: one small pack of noodles + medium sized beef... Dinner was very late tho...

Howz everyone in the house For those of us who uses skimmed milk, which is better? Dano slim or Marvel skimmed milk
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by AjanleKoko: 11:07am On Jan 28, 2013
yinx007: Yesterday's log

Bfast: one large apple + a mug of green tea

Lunch: 2 medium slices of yam + one egg( fried with a tablespoon of soya oil)

Dinner: one small pack of noodles + medium sized beef... Dinner was very late tho...

Howz everyone in the house For those of us who uses skimmed milk, which is better? Dano slim or Marvel skimmed milk

Everything is wrong about this your diet, in my view.
First off, breakfast should be your heartiest meal. Eat a solid breakfast, conservative lunch, and almost no dinner.
I would have had the yam and fried egg for breakfast, the noodle for lunch, and the apple + green tea for dinner.

Secondly, if you really wanna shed weight, you need to stop taking yam, fried egg, beef, and indomie noodles.
Substitute with boiled plantain, fish, vegetable soup (not edika ikong o!). I have stopped yam entirely since October. Same goes for white rice, bread, potatoes, etc. And the results have been excellent.

And by the way, I use the Dano Slim. I don't know which one is better, that's the one that's readily available.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by taitee(f): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2013
hi every1....happy new yr grin wink smiley gud to see u guys are still kicking it. im with jilian michaels now....ve divorced taebo for now...jus cheking tk kia
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:30am On Jan 28, 2013
AjanleKoko:

First off, breakfast should be your heartiest meal. Eat a solid breakfast, conservative lunch, and almost no dinner.
I would have had the yam and fried egg for breakfast, the noodle for lunch, and the apple + green tea for dinner.

Secondly, if you really wanna shed weight, you need to stop taking yam, fried egg, beef, and indomie noodles.
Substitute with boiled plantain, fish, vegetable soup (not edika ikong o!). I have stopped yam entirely since October. Same goes for white rice, bread, potatoes, etc. And the results have been excellent.

And by the way, I use the Dano Slim. I don't know which one is better, that's the one that's readily available.

Lovely advice and analysis, but what about we that lack self discipline to stop eating yam and rice and is not having a DO NOT/BAN on our everyday lifestyle.

@Yinx, I think Dano is better, Marvel is like sawdust.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by AjanleKoko: 11:39am On Jan 28, 2013
Hour_Glass:

Lovely advice and analysis, but what about we that lack self discipline to stop eating yam and rice and is not having a DO NOT/BAN on our everyday lifestyle.

@Yinx, I think Dano is better, Marvel is like sawdust.

Nobody lacks discipline, you just need to try.
Prior to October, I could eat rice in the morning, afternoon and evening. I always ate like 3 cups worth of rice at a sitting. I was that addicted to the stuff. When i went off it, I felt I was going mental.

Na una wan lose weight. I tried it, and I am close to the 20kg-lost mark now. If you don't want to lose weight, you can exercise and stuff to stay fit. But if you need to shed weight, you need to watch what you eat, and cut out some foods from your diet entirely, until you get to your target weight.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
AjanleKoko:
cut out some foods from your diet entirely, until you get to your target weight.

Koko, this is my point. Anything I will not cut off till old age, why cut it just to get to a target weight and when I relax after the goal weight, the pounds come rushing back. No! What I want is a lifestyle, I want that when 7kg has left me, it MUST be gone forever. I am within range and I am not adding for any reason even when I do not workout for a week now. I feel a permanent lifestyle is the best ambition for every loser, I registered at a gym because it is close to where I live and work, I raised a home gym with DVDs and equipment because THESE will be with me for years to come, gradually I will surely get there. I reduce all meals including treats to one serving, max 1.5 and am good with that, things like my eba and amala that am not sure of, MODERATION is my watchword.

Disclaimer Notice.
Whatever you deduce from the above epistle is for Hour Glass. Find what will work for you. If I have tested and tried anything and it never worked for me, I will not recommend it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Thanks for the analysis, well I can reverse those foods in the order which u have placed them... The reason why I didn't eliminate those "bad" foods is because, I've tried it once and when I did slip and fall, I fell real hard cuz I kept craving them like they were my last breath so instead of cutting them out entirely what I did was MODERATION and PORTION control, if I must eat rice, its nt more than 2 serving spoons which is usually less than one milk tin of rice.. My noodles is just the small pack... The fried egg was just one small one wnd fried with a tablespoon of oil both of them less than 200cals.... I won't make myself suffer and crave those foods and eat them in excess rather I'll eat them but in a sensible way, but I'll reverse the order like u said... I don't have ur own kind of discipline and I give u kudos for that.... Thanks once more... For the milk... I'll choose the Dano Slim then
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ortopazz(m): 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Interesting . . .

bro na 1week o! That 21 week strength was xclusivly nt there!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ortopazz(m): 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Interesting . . .

bro na 1week o! That 21 week strength was xclusivly nt there!

Well 2day fresh from last week, , . . . . , . .
4o push upz(2times)
5o sit upz (2 apiece)
20 tummy knee jerk (2 a piece)
then worn out!

Slice bread(2) 2mugs of Tea!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
yinx007:
Thanks for the analysis, well I can reverse those foods in the order which u have placed them...

Actually one of the best ways to break a weight loss plateau is to eat your breakfast for dinner and vice versa, once a while. It has a way of keeping your body guessing, it helps.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2013
Today
5 minss walk
Running 30 mins
400 bike crunches
4 mins plank
40 elevated push ups
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 29, 2013
monday's log

11am: one medium slice of boiled yam + 2mugs of green tea

5:30pm: fist size amala(mixture of wheat and plantain flour) with ogbono

8pm: one slice of boiled panla fish.

exercise: nil
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:36am On Jan 29, 2013
@HG,
Sound point of view my sis,totally on point!!its a marathon not a sprint,I know for a fact that no one short of celebs(paid to do it) can live day in day out under such rigid regime and not snap,unlikely.
Friends don't offer me fried foods, neither do they offer me anything sugared,pastry or anything remotely fattening cos they know I would not do it,one of my closest chums doesn't even offer me ANYTHING(she has concluded that I need help with my OCD about food) cos she has nothing remotely healthy in her house,she usually has stuff like cakes,samosa,Tozo part of beef swimming in 3lts of oil in her stew,her vegetable is filled with shaki,abodi etc
I can't for anything take away eba,amala,rice,yam,pounded yam from my life what else is there

@Koko,
I am not knocking your style,I just have a hard time seeing you on this program in 2015, that all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by AjanleKoko: 8:50am On Jan 29, 2013
modath:
@Koko,
I am not knocking your style,I just have a hard time seeing you on this program in 2015, that all.

If you're referring to the Cambridge thingy, I have long left that behind. So no need to wait till 2015 grin.

If you're referring to an overall healthy lifestyle, don't knock it till you try it is what I'll say. I have drastically changed my eating and lifestyle habits. I am way more active now, cut out a lot of things from my diet, and I'm not feeling any stress or pressure.

The Cambridge thing succeeded in helping me drop a lot of weight fast, something I had struggled with for years. That's what crash diets are for. Let's see how things turn out.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Olaone1: 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hmm. Very easy to lose weight.

There is one, I mean just one sure-fire solution cheesy. Do it every day and thank me later. wink

^^You know what I mean?

brb
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ortopazz(m): 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2013
bk frm lazineesss. . . . .
5o push upz (2apiece)
tummy knee jerk (20) a piece!
No thrusts
sit up (3o)
suspended body in the air
(1 min)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hm interesting points of view here regarding diet and weight loss. I'm firmly in the 'portion control' camp and don't believe in cutting out whole food groups to lose weight. They have their part to play in our diet. especially if you can switch to the wholegrain variety where possible (brown rice/ ofada, wholegrain bread etc).
As long as you eat them in moderation because that is Real life, self control then I see no problem. Cutting out food groups to achieve weight loss can be a fast way to drop those kgs but not the way our bodies were designed to function. one has not learnt how to exercise self control and when you re-introduce these foods it's usually a downward spiral. I have friends who have done this totally cutting out carbs thing and they ended up putting back all the weight plus more. In general it's not sustainable unless you plan never to eat carbs again for the rest of your life,then that would be a different matter altogether.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
ortopazz:
suspended body in the air
(1 min)

grin grin grin grin grin, now that is really funny.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.