Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (327947 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uzoo: 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
Baroba:

Do speed push ups for time and not for reps, it is those slow concentrated push ups that will increase your chest and shoulder mass, though not significantly as I don't believe women can bulk up easily due to low testosterone levels. This is how bodybuilders or those wishing to gain muscle mass train.

To get that sexy lean tone muscle (think Halle Berry) set your time at 40secs and do as much as you can within that time, rest for 15secs then go again. Three to four sets depending on your fitness level, or incoperate it in a metabolic circuit.. Good luck

ooooooohhhhh k , so that's the trick , thanks a lot. Will try it out tomorrow morning.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
@ALL,
How una dey?

Monday 11th:
Cardio--25mins
Steps--10mins
Jump rope--5mins
Squats&lunges with weights--10mins

Tuesday:
Cardio--15mins
Didn't have time for more.

Wednesday:
Level 1 circuit 1 & level 2 of 30DS
Circuit 4-7 of BFBM(Those jump squats& scissors squats/jumps aint getting any easier sad)
Some modification of yoga moves.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Monday 11th - power walk 30 mins
Wed 13th - Callanetics 60 mins

Mody una well done o! Nice workouts.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
babs2011: Monday 11th - power walk 30 mins
Wed 13th - Callanetics 60 mins

Mody una well done o! Nice workouts.

Thanks Barbie,you dey motivate me,I can't fall your hand, seeing what you do made me step up my game,I'm seeing results, a la: convo with 3 friends.
FRIEND A:You know you are starting to look the way you looked that time ehn!
FRIEND B:Your face is no longer looking supple,na wah 4 u oo.Take am easy.
FRIEND C:You don't look ladylike anymore.
ME: to friend C in my head.." Its your 120+kg body that is not only unladylike but your PCOS excuse for the odesity (no error,it is only an ode that is obese and doesn't take ACTION) is lame as hell!!! PCos isn't responsible for d amount of oil in your food or the toast u slather mayo on or the Tozo you and your ppl consume.
But cos she's a dear friend I acted ladylike & didn't day nothing. wink
The other two are overweight as well,one carries it better but she gonna learn soon cos stretch marks are making a a road network of her arms.

Thursday 14th.
Interval Run:30mns
Step,jump rope ..10-15mins.
Finished it of with squats.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
Welldone barbie
Good one Mody
Mee, I dey kamkpe.

I am obsessed with roller. Still do my running on treadmill and weights but the roller simple but nice. Mody try it on that your smooth floor and you will get flatie in 3 days...not joking. Feels good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Qvf8LxncA

Just incase you think it is a man's stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5GL2Luu6M8 tongue tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lol Mody at your 'conversation' with your friend C in your head! Guess you know them well enough not to bother explaining the virtues of a fit and healthy body!
I need to step up, somehow this month has been a bit patchy with the exercise.
@agaba: i agree that roller equipment is the bomb. I have one gathering dust in my cupboard. I recall the diff in my stomach muscles after using it just a few times. It's so simple but effective -and form is key. Slow but deliberate movement, ripping those muscles!

@ HG:how far now, hope cool?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
babs2011: Lol Mody at your 'conversation' with your friend C in your head! Guess you know them well enough not to bother explaining the virtues of a fit and healthy body!
I need to step up, somehow this month has been a bit patchy with the exercise.
@agaba: i agree that roller equipment is the bomb. I have one gathering dust in my cupboard. I recall the diff in my stomach muscles after using it just a few times. It's so simple but effective -and form is key. Slow but deliberate movement, ripping those muscles!

@ HG:how far now, hope cool?
That was simply put.

HG where are you cry cry
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 1:22am On Nov 15, 2013
@Agaby,
Where do I get one? smiley,you can the muscles in the upper back crying!!
@Barbie,
Naija women don't do health & fitness. It is a given that childbearing gives you a pass to stuff your face & rant about weight gain without moving a muscle.
2 of them were my loyal servants for some time,they lost a fair bit but also lost their mojo when they found out there's something called "Maintainance".
Wish I could command the fat not to never bother them ever again.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 15, 2013
Goodmorining Fam,

Loool @ Mody's story... There's one woman on my street to that accosted me last week to ask if I was ill, cuz I've lost so weight, I smiled and said No.. As if that was not enough, she stopped my mum 3 days later to ask her what I did cuz my weight loss is obvious.. Apparently I'm bound to shed some pounds when bulk of my foods are fruits, and I don't eat after 6pm I also trek to most places within the neighbourhood unlike she dat carries her Sienna from Living rm to Bathroom. For every small movement, her Sienna to d rescue. Biko me no fit shout jare. Make d fat dey melt dey go while ayam getting finer. Hehehehehehe.

Feels good to be back mehn, tides of life carried me away but thank God I'm Home.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
@mody
You can get it from Amazon. I am sure you can get from Lagos though.

@Yinx007
That is good to hear. Welcome back
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
@yinkuse,
How are you doing? Well done.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
modath: @yinkuse,
How are you doing? Well done.

@Mody.... I'm good oh. Even though I don't post here as often as before I still have everyone on my mind

Strange as it feels, I kinda miss HG tho
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:36am On Nov 16, 2013
Pushed myself really good yesterday. It was good!
Happy Saturday my friends.
Where is HG? cry cry
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uzoo: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
ok, the pounds are gone but i still need tips on work outs to tighten a jelly belly. the push ups just slimmed my obliques and sides. need to work on my core and lower waistline. So guys, any routine to tackle this will be appreciated.
thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Gelco(f): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
uzoo: ok, the pounds are gone but i still need tips on work outs to tighten a jelly belly. the push ups just slimmed my obliques and sides. need to work on my core and lower waistline. So guys, any routine to tackle this will be appreciated.
thanks.
Did u loose the pounds through the master cleanse diet or?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Ralphlauren(m): 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
Agaba and babs. I got the abs roller today after reading your comments on it. I hope it works for me.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ralphlauren: Agaba and babs. I got the abs roller today after reading your comments on it. I hope it works for me.
If you use It, it will work. Remember, no workout can do It all. If You have much weight, You can hardly do.more 3 If u are able to do one. So combine with exercises to make.u fit for the roll. Now get rolling bro
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uzoo: 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
Gelco:

no dear,i used the MC detox 4 days only in a week. this was to kick start my work out routine. what it does for me is to cleanse my system of all the junk food in order to prepare my body system to burn more fat.

Now this is what i did lose 6 pound in 4wks.

mornings:
brisk walk ,outdoors for 1 full hour non stop. i set my stop watch for 1hr .put on my earphone to listen to some adrenaline pumping music to drown every distraction around me and then hit the road.
when i walk back home i have 3 full glasses of ice chilled water.

this is done 4 times a week ,then 3times a week i do kick boxing for 15mins .and push ups and other lower ab work-out for 30mins.

sometimes when i am alone i do the kick boxing in the air because it doesnt cost me anything just wakes up my metabolism to burn calories when i go back to sit at my chair.

breakfast
oats with milk , one boiled egg and a slice of bread . 4 times a week.

lunch
fruits, any fruit i can lay my hands on . apples,bananas, water melon, and coconuts.

dinner
same as breakfast but without the eggs.

i also reserve a day for cheating . so on a that day i eat anything i like . i try not to do this often .say once every 10 days.

kickboxing is such a good work out you can do anyehere . just keep punching and kicking in the air for 30 ,40 secs and 10 sec rest interval. you'll find yourself gasping for breath.

i prefer walking outdoors to indoor airconditioned gyms with treadmills because of the exchange of oxygen.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uzoo: 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
Gelco:

no dear,i used the MC detox 4 days only in a week. this was to kick start my work out routine. what it does for me is to cleanse my system of all the junk food in order to prepare my body system to burn more fat.

Now this is what i did lose 6 pound in 4wks.

mornings:
brisk walk ,outdoors for 1 full hour non stop. i set my stop watch for 1hr .put on my earphone to listen to some adrenaline pumping music to drown every distraction around me and then hit the road.
when i walk back home i have 3 full glasses of ice chilled water.

this is done 4 times a week ,then 3times a week i do kick boxing for 15mins .and push ups and other lower ab work-out for 30mins.

sometimes when i am alone i do the kick boxing in the air because it doesnt cost me anything just wakes up my metabolism to burn calories when i go back to sit at my chair.

breakfast
oats with milk , one boiled egg and a slice of bread . 4 times a week.

lunch
fruits, any fruit i can lay my hands on . apples,bananas, water melon, and coconuts.

dinner
same as breakfast but without the eggs.

i also reserve a day for cheating . so on a that day i eat anything i like . i try not to do this often .say once every 10 days.

kickboxing is such a good work out you can do anyehere . just keep punching and kicking in the air for 30 ,40 secs and 10 sec rest interval. you'll find yourself gasping for breath.

i prefer walking outdoors to indoor airconditioned gyms with treadmills because of the exchange of oxygen.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by dmz(m): 11:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
^^^^^^^
what do u mean by cleanse your system of junk food? as in the junk you had last week is still in your system?

2 Likes

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Baroba(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
An rollers are great for tightening the core, if you want to get one, consider buying one with two wheels and padded handles. This thing can hurt your palm if you buy cheap nasty knockoffs..

The 66fit abdominal rollers is what I use.. Top notch stuff.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:04am On Nov 19, 2013
It was 15 days yesterday that I had not worked out and I had been eating without control (I was stressed). Anyway, I woke to check my mails this morning and I saw one from About.com (they always sent mails to me and I always ignore them). Today I took to the instructions and I was breathless in 34 minutes ranging from planks, chest press, lunges, squats etc, it left me really shaky.

It is good to go back the roots sometimes, this was where I was born (about.com exercises) and I am happy to be back while it lasts.

Agaby, are you well?

Thanks for asking everyone.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
Baby, I missed You. Iv been busy doing thr right things. Welcome bk
Hour_Glass: It was 15 days yesterday that I had not worked out and I had been eating without control (I was stressed). Anyway, I woke to check my mails this morning and I saw one from About.com (they always sent mails to me and I always ignore them). Today I took to the instructions and I was breathless in 34 minutes ranging from planks, chest press, lunges, squats etc, it left me really shaky.

It is good to go back the roots sometimes, this was where I was born (about.com exercises) and I am happy to be back while it lasts.

Agaby, are you well?

Thanks for asking everyone.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
@HG the rebel/prodigal pikin,
cheesy grin..welcome back home. Agabs we still love her abi? wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
modath: @HG the rebel/prodigal pikin,
cheesy grin..welcome back home. Agabs we still love her abi? wink
My dear, We do. In fact we don't have a choice here. She is your daughter and She is my sweetheart. So yea, She is welcome bk with a cane though.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hallos..
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uzoo: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
dmz: ^^^^^^^
what do u mean by cleanse your system of junk food? as in the junk you had last week is still in your system?

here's what i mean. i am quite lazy at being consistent with workouts . So if i've indulged in sweet foods or pastries like icecreams cakes chocolate pies crisps etc and just the regular snacks for a long time rather than proper meals then i have to detox for a week before starting an exercise routine.
then i can also incorporate a better diet while working out.

it helps me a lot to cleanse or detox before engaging in a workout.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by dmz(m): 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
Okay... Thumbs up.

uzoo:

here's what i mean. i am quite lazy at being consistent with workouts . So if i've indulged in sweet foods or pastries like icecreams cakes chocolate pies crisps etc and just the regular snacks for a long time rather than proper meals then i have to detox for a week before starting an exercise routine.
then i can also incorporate a better diet while working out.

it helps me a lot to cleanse or detox before engaging in a workout.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:53am On Nov 26, 2013
@General house,
How y'all doing?

Didn't exercise much last week.
Log for 25th nov;
30mins intervals.
5mins steps
10mins weighted strenght training

Preparing for Jillian's torture now.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by rednaxx(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
According to a famous Chinese herbalist, Dr. George Wong, Cancer can be
prevented by avoiding white foods. He advised that for the prevention of
Cancer, one should go for Red or purple foods. He went further to said that
one can in addition to Red and purple foods add Orange, Yellow and or Green
foods.
In an interview with an American Nutritionist, Dr. John Thomas, he said that
avoiding white foods and replacing them with Green, Dark colored, Yellow Red
Orange and or Purple foods will help immensely in Weight Loss exercise
without watching Calories intake and rigorous physical exercise.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
Everybody stay in the vehicle!!!

Busy weeks with Owambe tinz, am done and back now too.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
@General house,
Where is everyone? Pls let's finish strong so we don't start the new year with extras we don't need.
Have a bit of flu so didn't workout today, hoping to resume on wed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.