Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,645 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (327647 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by MizMyColi(f): 8:40am On Nov 01, 2015
modath2:

First, DO YOU REALLY HAVE THE MENTAL STRENGHT? cos it is HAAAAAAAARRRRRRDD but it is WORTH IT.

Scratch that Aerobics class thing, it makes one co dependent & stunts growth since y'all must be on the same schedule & different body types require different approaches, moreover starvation isn't a long term, what happens when you start eat normally like you should without even binging?..

Effective & Efficient weight "maintainance" is a personal journey, losing is the EASIEST part, maintaining is the most difficult...

Is your neighbourhood conducive to running?

Apart from safety issues, streets where cars are parked by the roadside are not easy to Manoeuver for runners / walkers...

We need to know the limitations 1st before designing a programme that will get the job done ..

cc Agabai23 ,mideol, HourGlass3, miztyna , Babs2011.. Happy New Month Y'all....

Not my street particularly, but our roads are designed to accommodate pedestrians/runners.

I could do roadwalks, it's just sometimes, I'm scared of the dark and being alone on the roadgrin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath2: 9:15am On Nov 01, 2015
MizMyColi:

Not my street particularly, but our roads are designed to accommodate pedestrians/runners.

I could do roadwalks, it's just sometimes, I'm scared of the dark and being alone on the roadgrin

You have to conquer the fear cos you are going to begin a 6wks regime of brisk walk +slow run before progressing to steady tempo runs...

Can you get dumb bells cos you need to add strength & body weight training as well? Can you lay your hands on Jillian Michaels DVDs?

Can you do portion control & more protein as against starvation diet ?

You need to do cardio & more cardio before bringing in planks is till a bit later , etc

The following are my fitness bibles.

www.myfitnesspal.com

www.dailyspark.com

www.caloriecount.about.com

www.3fatchicks.com

I'm a mama of 3 who has lost over 25kg at one time & maintained 20+ of that loss for over 5yrs till i got delivery of my blessed 3 months infant in july & threw caution to the wind....

You can do it, you just have to want to be SUCCESSFUL at it, people are going to discourage & ridicule you but i can assure you they will still be the same folks carrying tales that you are on a secret weightloss MEDICATION cos it's not possible to achieve it through just DIET & EXERCISE..

*pix attached for motivation *, not me, wish it was but three big babies belle & CS don kick any kind of pack dream innside gutter.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by MizMyColi(f): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2015
modath2:

You have to conquer the fear cos you are going to begin a 6wks regime of brisk walk +slow run before progressing to steady tempo runs...

I can conquer the fear, and I'll conquer it.
Okay. I could start tomorrow. What's the time frame. I can dedicate 1hr. Say 5-6. Is it going to b everyday? Am I meant to report daily?

Can you get dumb bells cos you need to add strength & body weight training as well? Can you lay your hands on Jillian Michaels DVDs?

I can get the DVD from a sports shop, or I could download online.
As for dumb bells, how many KG would be okay?
Do you have as idea how much they'd cost?

Can you do portion control & more protein as against starvation diet ?

The thing is, I like the feeling I get when I wake in the morning feeling so light.
I would pr sticking to stopping all heavy foods at 6pm.

I can take eggs (white) and cucmber/vegetables are night meals.
Staples are a no no

You need to do cardio & more cardio before bringing in planks is till a bit later , etc

Cardios would be the brisk runs/walks right? Ar jumping jacks okay too?
The following are my fitness bibles.

www.myfitnesspal.com

www.dailyspark.com

www.caloriecount.about.com

www.3fatchicks.com

I'm a mama of 3 who has lost over 25kg at one time & maintained 20+ of that loss for over 5yrs till i got delivery of my blessed 3 months infant in july & threw caution to the wind....

You can do it, you just have to want to be SUCCESSFUL at it, people are going to discourage & ridicule you but i can assure you they will still be the same folks carrying tales that you are on a secret weightloss MEDICATION cos it's not possible to achieve it through just DIET & EXERCISE..

That's very true.
Now the pic below is impressivo!cheesy
I actually do want to be successful.

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath2: 10:12am On Nov 01, 2015
MizMyColi:

Don't start with a full hour, you start with just 20mins (you build up to 45mins)cos its MAXIMUM effort.. & it's 5 days, you rest for 2 so the body can repair itself & also rest a bit.

Don't sneeze at that 20mins, if you do it right by 10mins you will be cursing.

2. Dunb bells, get minimum of 3kg or if you can get the 10kg ADJUSTIBLE, it will be perfect, you just take out the 3kg & keep the rest till you graduate to major weight training.

If you can download, fantastic, get Zumba & Tae bo as well to add variety & stave off boredom.

3.You need to eat at least 1600-1800 cals to fuel an effective regime so you don't end up burning muscles for fuel..

4. Jumping Jacks are plyos for later, now we need consistecy which you need to build up to, jumping jacks are boring & you would have been a skinny B by now if they were all that is required....

Read resources from those sites & get back on 3 things (at least) that you've learnt, cos I want to be sure you are ready...Time is precious & don't want any wasted.

There is only so much I can type, when you get familiar withthose sites, you will marvel at the strides your own capabilities & achievements.

2 Likes

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by MizMyColi(f): 10:29am On Nov 01, 2015
modath2:

Don't start with a full hour, you start with just 20mins (you build up to 45mins)cos its MAXIMUM effort.. & it's 5 days, you rest for 2 so the body can repair itself & also rest a bit.

Okay, so starting tomorrow, I will do brisk walks/ slow run for 30 minutes.

Don't sneeze at that 20mins, if you do it right by 10mins you will be cursing.
Curse because of slow run and walks? No naaacheesy
Or maybe I didn't understand you.

2. Dumb bells, get minimum of 3kg or if you can get the 10kg ADJUSTIBLE, it will be perfect, you just take out the 3kg & keep the rest till you graduate to major weight training.

Okay.
I will go to Ojuelegba on Wednesday for that.
But how do I incorporate that? Or I don' need it yet?

If you can download, fantastic, get Zumba & Tae bo as well to add variety & stave off boredom.

Yes, I will.

3.You need to eat at least 1600-1800 cals to fuel an effective regime so you don't end up burning muscles for fuel..

See, that's th thing
How can one know these things.
Most foods that have calorie counts are mostly oyinbo. For example, we don't know how much calories egusi, yam, beans, okro et al contain.

God I wish there was a time table.

4. Jumping Jacks are plyos for later, now we need consistecy which you need to build up to, jumping jacks are boring & you would have been a skinny B by now if they were all that is required....

Okay. So w stick with running and brisk walks for now.

Read resources from those sites & get back on 3 things (at least) that you've learnt, cos I want to be sure you are ready...Time is precious & don't want any wasted.

I'll visit right away, starting with 3 fat chicks

There is only so much I can type, when you get familiar withthose sites, you will marvel at the strides your own capabilities & achievements.

Okay. Thanks for the enthusiasm/motivation.
I really appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by MizMyColi(f): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2015

3 THINGS

‎1. The problem isn't what we did, but what we make it mean. We tell ourselves that our transgressions means that we have no will power, that we will never succeed, that our efforts are in vain.

I've been there, and I know the feeling.
It's actually great reading this, especially seeing as I trangressed last nightgrin

You can't win the game except you keep on playing.

2. The importance of water intake....enough water.‎

3. ‎ I downloaded the calorie count app.

Cc Modath2

3 Likes

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath2: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2015
[quote author=MizMyColi post=39572315][/quote]

1. Tommorrow is great, sooner the better.

2.You will curse every morsel /spoon of food that added more than necessary body fat to your girth when you run out breath through purposeful running. cheesy

2.It's for the exercise DVDs, strength training is the baba of weight loss but it isn't for beginners, I prefer you get the hang of high tempo cardio first to build lung capacity.

4.Food is the main problem, 100% & since we can't get accrate calorie content of our kind of foods, we do PORTION CONTROL...

Food is really really dicey which is where ditching fried & fast foods come in, NO FRING OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, & you eat to LIVE not LIVE to eat.

Eat only when you are very hungry, don't graze or eat while watching TV.. Dangerous thing it is.

Make sure you go to myfitnesspal as well..

wish for the 2009-2012 years of this thread embarassed
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath2: 12:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
MizMyColi:

3 THINGS

‎1. The problem isn't what we did, but what we make it mean. We tell ourselves that our transgressions means that we have no will power, that we will never succeed, that our efforts are in vain.

I've been there, and I know the feeling.
It's actually great reading this, especially seeing as I trangressed last nightgrin

You can't win the game except you keep on playing.

2. The importance of water intake....enough water.‎

3. ‎ I downloaded the calorie count app.

Cc Modath2

Bravo... I also want you to download the walkmate app from android & get in at least 5,000 steps in day apart from the exercise routine..

I want you to also never dwell on yesterday (s), it's gone, just face the future & take each day & make a better choices..

*CAVEAT EMPTOR*, I hope you know this is not in any shape or form an attempt to manipulate your political leanings ? .. We can stop right now if you are entertaining that thought... I'm moved strictly cos

1.. I hate fat shaming!!!!! Deep hatred sef!!

2... You mentioned making effort 2x in 2 different threads & we need to start seeing results...

My political affiliation does not remove the humanity in me, Agabai23 & have always been on opposite sides for years but it never gets to this thread....

Don't forget, Myfitnesspal.... The fitness & success stories boards are key..

2 Likes

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by MizMyColi(f): 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
modath2:

Bravo... I also want you to download the walkmate app from android & get in at least 5,000 steps in day apart from the exercise routine..

I want you to also never dwell on yesterday (s), it's gone, just face the future & take each day & make a better choices..

*CAVEAT EMPTOR*, I hope you know this is not in any shape or form an attempt to manipulate your political leanings ? .. We can stop right now if you are entertaining that thought... I'm moved strictly cos

1.. I hate fat shaming!!!!! Deep hatred sef!!

2... You mentioned making effort 2x in 2 different threads & we need to start seeing results...

My political affiliation does not remove the humanity in me, Agabai23 & have always been on opposite sides for years but it never gets to this thread....

Don't forget, Myfitnesspal.... The fitness & success stories boards are key..

Naaaa.
I'm good.
I understand that your efforts stem from a heart flowing with grace.
Thanks!

@FatShaming, I do too.
Over time, such tantrums have stopped getting to me. I derive my sense of identity from something higher than my bod/physicals.

I'm downloading the walkmate app too.

Thank You.
Thanks Everyone.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
HourGlass3:

Everybody, stay in the vehicle!!!

Congratulobia Modath, so happy you and baby are fine and doing well? I can see that tiger is back on track in you. I hope you set a pre-baby weight goal first before taking it back to where you are coming from. Love the spirit.

Kennery, whaddup? Saw a good looking you on the tweets. Well done as always.

Barbie gurl, how far?

GenBuari, grin grin grin go-ing slow-ly but at least no hold up yet.
HourG, how Naa? It's not fair ooo
Welcome back. I'm fine. What are you doing with yourself?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
What's with modath2? Confess quickly or.... tongue
Did you or did you not?

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath2: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
agabaI23:
Did you or did you not?

Seun's ro -bot is in the habit of that 24hr thing to Modat at least one day in every forthnight & just bowed to pressure & created mo2.

Since it's not done for any ulterior motive, I decided to just keep it simple...

It will only come out when seun 's bot does its work, still waiting for them to post the word combos that sets it off but that doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon, think he prefers the one person, 50 moniker tinz.. cheesy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
agabaI23:
Did you or did you not?

Hungry ooooo, cry

Worked up to 30 mins today but I'm barely keeping up with the sprinting interval & I refuse to walk..

Still have DOMS join!cry

Cc hourglass3 babs2011 , mizmycoli

Don't want to be here all by myself.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by MizMyColi(f): 6:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
modath:

Hungry ooooo, cry

Worked up to 30 mins today but I'm barely keeping up with the sprinting interval & I refuse to walk..

Still have DOMS join!cry

Hi Moddie
Good Eveningcheesy

I couldn't start out today.
So much to do from 5am this morning.

I'll make you proud tomorrowwink

I used my walk mate app for a bit, I recorded over 1200 steps.
I did other back breaking chores though. ‎

I was going to report here after I'd closed for the day.

I didn't portion control oh.
I ate rische and plantain (cooked) and pomo/gizzard.
*faceplam* *facepalm* *facepalm*

Let's just say I ate to my fill, Ehen I ate pineapple too, this cotonou type.‎

‎That's all I intend to eat for today.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by badgan(m): 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Fitmiss lean protein powder guaranteed to stop hunger for up to 6 hours while providing more than 16 gram of protein and other vital nutrient..giving you a great muscle tone while you burn fat and healthy skin. #high protein #low calorie..

08093324943 call/sms/whatapp
bbm 53283961

also available.. serious mass,ON whey,BSN syntha 6... weightgainers, weight loss supplements..holla.. free delievery on every order

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by TheJaunt: 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nice job everyone
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:28am On Nov 03, 2015
modath:

Hungry ooooo, cry

Still have DOMS join!cry

I saw your post and I wanted to reply but the site was rejecting my posts. Second day in a row. Maybe the bot or something.

Sorry about the hunger. take am je je
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:30am On Nov 03, 2015
OK

I ran from AUST to games village and back this morning. That's a fukking 6 km in 28 mins. Not too bad i think wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath2: 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mizmycoli,

Didn't 't want to bother you within the week , how did the week pan out?

agabaI23:
I saw your post and I wanted to reply but the site was rejecting my posts. Second day in a row. Maybe the bot or something.
Sorry about the hunger. take am je je

I have graduated to 4 push ups, dem nor born me well to attempt no 5.. cheesy

DOMS still there but getting easier... Hunger isn't getting easier though but i have turned to FISH MODE & more veggies, i will soon turn to a ruminant... grin

Bot is messing with Mo too...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by TheJaunt: 7:41am On Nov 07, 2015
Exercise can be quite strenous sometimes. Lol
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by kushma(m): 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
Mine for November

5:30 am to 6:00 am jogging
Crunchy 500
Press up 100

Morin cucumber,apple,
Afternoon : vegetables with rice
Night : apple watermelon
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Orobo2Lekpa: 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
I plan to run 14 kilometers every week

Monday - 3k
Tuesday - 3k
Thursday - 3k
Saturday - 5k
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
Orobo2Lekpa:

I plan to run 14 kilometers every week

Monday - 3k
Tuesday - 3k
Thursday - 3k
Saturday - 5k
This is nice. You could improve your weight loss by adding some weight exercises.
They keep the metabolism on for longer hours than you can achieve with jugging alone
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Orobo2Lekpa: 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
agabaI23:

This is nice. You could improve your weight loss by adding some weight exercises.
They keep the metabolism on for longer hours than you can achieve with jugging alone

I do some weight but find it tiring sometimes
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
Orobo2Lekpa:

O
That's the koko...do it
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
agabaI23:
That's the koko...do it

Agabs, you didn't even cc ya gal, howdy? smiley

Orobo2Lekpa:

The reason it's tiring is cos it's more effective...

Try it, you'd never regret it.... Get Jillian michaels 30 day shred to start with...

TheJaunt:

Bless you ma'am
Good Morning.
The honest to God truth is I've not started.
News of mugging and robberies flying around hasn't been encouraging.
I've been sticking to skips....and dieting.
The highest I do is 700.
I want to ask,
Is there a way you can formulate an indoor regimen?
I'm yet to get the bells
I should this week.

Babe, howdy?

weekly report?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
modath:

Agabs, you didn't even cc ya gal, howdy? smiley
t
I'm so sorry Mody...
I can see you're keeping on good. Ready for Saturday Challenge?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Orobo2Lekpa: 10:46am On Nov 19, 2015
agabaI23:
I'm so sorry Mody...
I can see you're keeping on good. Ready for Saturday Challenge?

what is the Saturday challenge
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
Orobo2Lekpa:

what is the Saturday challenge
OK, nothing special. I was making reference to what she said earlier about doing some more strenuous.

Modath eee

Hope you are having fun? progress?

Been a bit relaxed for about 2 weeks.

Two saturdays back some group of guys were commending my abs during exercise. They were like, this one no be 6 packs na 12 packs. the thing be like e enter my head. Last week na only once wee I work out.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
modath:

Hungry ooooo, cry

Still have DOMS join!cry

So sorry for missing in action, I had been sick o. Recuperating now, I had not worked out in a month. Now that I am able to, I am just learning to walk and do everything again, workout is so low impact too. I am presently walking with Leslie in a 30-day walking challenge, if you are interested you can join anytime you wish. Follow the link

http://aegishot..com.ng/2015/12/30-day-walking-challenge-whos-in.html

Modath, DOMS I had really missed that. I remembered when I first had this soreness I never knew it's something to be so craved later in life.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:25am On Dec 12, 2015
Woke up hungry and overeating this morning, thank God it was breakfast. I still have the rest of the day to plan and control myself.

On my 30 day walking challenge, I was to do 45 minutes power walking but in order to catch up I did extra 48 minutes with another 6 minutes step aerobics with Jenny Ford (she smiles to kill) and I ended up with over 100 minutes walking yesterday. DH was wondering if I was ever sick afterall. Thank God for good health.

What are your plans for a workout today? Can you make a promise to yourself to be the best today? YOU CAN DO IT!!! wink wink wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:34am On Dec 12, 2015
Check this on twitter, #holidayfit.

http://greatist.com/move/just-do-something-challenge

Stress-Less

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.