Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

"Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" (1900 Views)

Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Jide Macaulay: "I Regret Not Knowing I Was Gay Before I Got Married" / O Lord, I Pray Thee, Turn The Counsel Of Ahithophel Into Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 10:56am On Dec 28, 2015
"Before I formed thee, I knew thee" ...A MUST READ

This is the word you need. This is the very proof of your destiny as sure, certain and valid: "Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee"- Jeremiah 1:5. How many times have you come across this scripture and you missed the picture?. I mean you missed the revelational knowledge and the healing power inside.

God says in the scripture that He knew you before you were formed in the womb of your mother. What does this statement mean? What does it mean to know someone? Let's correct something here. We many times say that we know certain people, but we do not, until we get close to them and know their feelings, know what they are passing through, know why they do what they do and why they believe in what they believe. That is how to really know people.

If God says He knew you, before you were formed in your mother's womb, He is saying that He knew your weaknesses, He knew your strengths, He knew how you think, He knew what you think, and He knew your future. Now, today you look at yourself, and you begin to doubt God's word concerning your life. You look at the circumstances around you and you begin to magnify those circumstances above God's power and ability. You ask yourself, "Can i still make it like this?". Listen, God knew about all these weaknesses in your life, but He still formed you. He is the God who sees the end from the beginning. He still formed you in your mother's womb, because He knew all these weaknesses wouldn't matter. Jeremiah said to God, "Ah, Lord God! I cannot speak, for I am a child", but God still used him. Jeremiah just needed to obey, and he would not have problem. God will not take away that weakness in you, but He will give you His strength. Paul prayed 3 times that God should remove the thorn in his flesh. God did not remove it. God told him, "my grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in your weakness"-2 Cor. 12:7-9. And this is why you must depend only on GRACE, not any man or your own strength.

Moses was a stammerer, but God still used him. Gideon was born in a poor family and he was the least in his father's house, but he still fulfilled his glorious destiny. Peter had a problem of attitude, but God still used him. Abraham was in his 70s, but God still used him and Abraham achieved his bright future. David was the youngest child, he was a keeper of his father's sheep in the forest and he had been anointed by Samuel at the age of 17, but God still brought his promises concerning his life to pass 13 years later. Joseph was sold into slavery, put into prison, humiliated by bad circumstances around him, but the promises of God still came to pass at the end. If all these people had all these weaknesses and God still fulfilled His promises concerning their lives, your bright future will surely manifest at the appointed time, regardless of your weakness or negative situations around you.

If God knew that your weakness or the poor economy of your country or the bad circumstances around your life will not make you to fulfill your glorious destiny, he would not have formed you in your mother's womb. He formed you, because He knew they would not stop you from achieving your bright future.

As long as you try to stay away from sin, your destiny is sure and certain. SIN is the only thing that can stop you. Nothing else can make God's promises not to come to pass in your life. REMAIN BLESSED! This is the word given to me for you as i laid on my bed at noon.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by tolugar: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2015
Jeremiah 1:4-5 kjv

4: Then the word of The Lord came unto me saying,

5: Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest fourth out of the womb I sanctified thee; and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

That's referring to Jeremiah

Not the entire populace

Don't get it twisted
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2015
Thank you for that wonderful piece,May God enrich you

1 Like

Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Roseey0(f): 11:30am On Dec 28, 2015
Thank you. More grace to you.

1 Like

Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2015
tolugar:
Jeremiah 1:4-5 kjv

4: Then the word of The Lord came unto me saying,

5: Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest fourth out of the womb I sanctified thee; and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

That's referring to Jeremiah

Not the entire populace

Don't get it twisted

The Bible says God is the Alfa and Omega. He knows the beginning and the end. He even knows the end from the beginning. So that scripture Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee, I knew thee" is applicable to everyone, not Jeremiah alone. the only thing not applicable to everyone is the calling to be a PROPHET. Or do u want to tell me that God did not know you before He formed you.
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by tolugar: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
Seyibabalola:

The Bible says God is the Alfa and Omega. He knows the beginning and the end. He even knows the end from the beginning. So that scripture Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee, I knew thee" is applicable to everyone, not Jeremiah alone. the only thing not applicable to everyone is the calling to be a PROPHET. Or do u want to tell me that God did not know you before He formed you.

You re trying to write your own version.

Thereby translating it to suit you.

How can you dissect a verse like that. Its self explanatory
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
tolugar:

You re trying to write your own version.

Thereby translating it to suit you.

How can you dissect a verse like that. Its self explanatory

I can see you lack spiritual understanding of God's word. Spiritual things are understood by spiritual minds. I advice you that you should engage the Holy Spirit in your study of God's word. Don't read, but study and get revelation in what you study. Perhaps you need the baptism of the Holy Spirit, because without the Holy Spirit, you will be interpreting spiritual things with carnal mind. May the Lord help you.

1 Like

Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Seyibabalola:
"Before I formed thee, I knew thee" ...A MUST READ

This is the word you need. This is the very proof of your destiny as sure, certain and valid: "Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee"- Jeremiah 1:5. How many times have you come across this scripture and you missed the picture?. I mean you missed the revelational knowledge and the healing power inside.

God says in the scripture that He knew you before you were formed in the womb of your mother. What does this statement mean? What does it mean to know someone? Let's correct something here. We many times say that we know certain people, but we do not, until we get close to them and know their feelings, know what they are passing through, know why they do what they do and why they believe in what they believe. That is how to really know people.

If God says He knew you, before you were formed in your mother's womb, He is saying that He knew your weaknesses, He knew your strengths, He knew how you think, He knew what you think, and He knew your future. Now, today you look at yourself, and you begin to doubt God's word concerning your life. You look at the circumstances around you and you begin to magnify those circumstances above God's power and ability. You ask yourself, "Can i still make it like this?". Listen, God knew about all these weaknesses in your life, but He still formed you. He is the God who sees the end from the beginning. He still formed you in your mother's womb, because He knew all these weaknesses wouldn't matter. Jeremiah said to God, "Ah, Lord God! I cannot speak, for I am a child", but God still used him. Jeremiah just needed to obey, and he would not have problem. God will not take away that weakness in you, but He will give you His strength. Paul prayed 3 times that God should remove the thorn in his flesh. God did not remove it. God told him, "my grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in your weakness"-2 Cor. 12:7-9. And this is why you must depend only on GRACE, not any man or your own strength.

Moses was a stammerer, but God still used him. Gideon was born in a poor family and he was the least in his father's house, but he still fulfilled his glorious destiny. Peter had a problem of attitude, but God still used him. Abraham was in his 70s, but God still used him and Abraham achieved his bright future. David was the youngest child, he was a keeper of his father's sheep in the forest and he had been anointed by Samuel at the age of 17, but God still brought his promises concerning his life to pass 13 years later. Joseph was sold into slavery, put into prison, humiliated by bad circumstances around him, but the promises of God still came to pass at the end. If all these people had all these weaknesses and God still fulfilled His promises concerning their lives, your bright future will surely manifest at the appointed time, regardless of your weakness or negative situations around you.

If God knew that your weakness or the poor economy of your country or the bad circumstances around your life will not make you to fulfill your glorious destiny, he would not have formed you in your mother's womb. He formed you, because He knew they would not stop you from achieving your bright future.

As long as you try to stay away from sin, your destiny is sure and certain. SIN is the only thing that can stop you. Nothing else can make God's promises not to come to pass in your life. REMAIN BLESSED! This is the word given to me for you as i laid on my bed at noon.

Now, if i say your god(if he exist) is wicked, you will say i'm crazy.

How will someone who claimed to know the beginning and the end give life to babies who might eventually end up in hell fire?

WAKE UP XTIANS!!!
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Goshen360(m): 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
Great word!

However, you concluded wrongly. And also, tolugar is right. We all learn from one another. Once again, great words.
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
Jadonjack:

Now, if i say your god(if he exist) is wicked, you will say i'm crazy.

How will someone who claimed to know the beginning and the end give life to babies who might eventually end up in hell fire?

WAKE UP XTIANS!!!

God knows the beginning and the end. Before he creates a baby, he knows the end of the baby, in the sense that He has already planned a good end for him or her. He knows the end he has for the person. But if the baby now ends up in Hell fire, it is not God's fault. It is rather the fault of the person, because the person did not live his life right, he did not follow the instructions of God that will take him or her or help him or her to end up in the good and glorious future (end) that God had planned. Our God is not a wicked God, but He is a God of principles. If you follow his principles and do his words, you won't end up in Hell fire. Note that at the last paragraph of my message, I said it is ONLY SIN that will not make someone to attain the glorious future planned by God.
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
kallmemrB:
Thank you for that wonderful piece,May God enrich you

AMEN
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
Roseey0:
Thank you. More grace to you.
AMEN
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by tolugar: 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
Seyibabalola:

I can see you lack spiritual understanding of God's word. Spiritual things are understood by spiritual minds. I advice you that you should engage the Holy Spirit in your study of God's word. Don't read, but study and get revelation in what you study. Perhaps you need the baptism of the Holy Spirit, because without the Holy Spirit, you will be interpreting spiritual things with carnal mind. May the Lord help you.

I mean no harm.

Learn to use the word "spiritual" and most importantly it's application.

When you bring in illusion into understanding the bible, you ll only get what you want, or rather hear what you ll like to hear.

More also you can get the version written in simlpe English for better understanding and interpretation.
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by GodRestores(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Seyibabalola:

Exactly what most Christians need, baptism of holy ghost. Most Christians don't have the Holy spirit that's the reason for all the carnality you see in Christianity today.

Hey Bro, God just spoke to me through your messages. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
GodRestores:

Exactly what most Christians need, baptism of holy ghost. Most Christians don't have the Holy spirit that's the reason for all the carnality you see in Christianity today.

Thanks Bro. Am encouraged. God bless you. Amen
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by wordcat(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
Seyibabalola:

God knows the beginning and the end. Before he creates a baby, he knows the end of the baby, in the sense that He has already planned a good end for him or her. He knows the end he has for the person. But if the baby now ends up in Hell fire, it is not God's fault. It is rather the fault of the person, because the person did not live his life right, he did not follow the instructions of God that will take him or her or help him or her to end up in the good and glorious future (end) that God had planned. Our God is not a wicked God, but He is a God of principles. If you follow his principles and do his words, you won't end up in Hell fire. Note that at the last paragraph of my message, I said it is ONLY SIN that will not make someone to attain the glorious future planned by God.

You need to read your post again esp. The first paragraph
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by BodyKiss(m): 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
GodRestores:

grin grin
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by GodRestores(m): 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
BodyKiss:

grin grin

What is funny bro? Oh! I see, you don't know God...Well, I don't expect you to understand what I am talking about!
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
BodyKiss:

grin grin

What's funny?
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Seyibabalola:

Someone who claim to know everything about me should sure know that i am gonna sin on earth and end up in hell fire.

Why then will he permit that to hapn by given me life as a baby?!
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 10:37am On Dec 29, 2015
Jadonjack:

Someone who claim to know everything about me should sure know that i am gonna sin on earth and end up in hell fire.

Why then will he permit that to hapn by given me life as a baby?!

Yes God knows your weaknesses as a Human being. He knew you would be susceptible to sin, because you are coming into a world dominated by the Devil. In fact, from the womb you are born with sin, you came into the world with a sinful nature. So it is not a new thing. That was why He gave you and I His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. God sent Jesus so that He could deliver us from the power of sin and give us eternal life. It is now our responsibility to accept Jesus into our lives, so that we won't end up in HELL FIRE.
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Did God knows i will sin when he was putting me there? If yes. Why did he put me there.

Did God knows if i not repent my sin. If yes why did he put me there?
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Seyibabalola(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Seelurd:
Did God knows i will sin when he was putting me there? If yes. Why did he put me there.

Did God knows if i not repent my sin. If yes why did he put me there?

You are a sinner from the womb of your mother already, because you were born with a sinful nature. You came with sinful blood, the human blood. That's why you will see a baby biting his mother's breast nipple in a wicked way. Who taught him to do that? Nobody taught him. It's natural with the human (sinful) nature So, it's not that you would just start sinning after you have come into the world and you grew up. You were born into sin, you were born into a sinful nature. That's why God sent Jesus into the world to deliver us from the power of sin and give us eternal life. But it's now your responsibility to accept Jesus into your life, so that you won't end up in Hell fire.

"Did God knows if i not repent my sin. If yes
why did he put me there?" My answer to that question is this: God gives man the will power to choose and live any kind of life he wants. You have to take note of that. He does not force anyone to obey him. Man has the will power to make choices in life, but no one has the will power to choose the implications of his choice. So it is not a matter of whether he knew you would not repent or not. He would not have created you, if he knew you wouldn't have the power to repent. You have the power to repent, but what do you do with the power?. That's the issue. Without Jesus Christ, God knew everyone would not repent. He knew you would not repent, that's why He gave us Christ. The power to repent is JESUS CHRIST.
Re: "Before I Formed Thee, I Knew Thee" by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2015
Hello to all.

@ Op
Is this Thread only for Bible believers? Or can people with different spiritual convictions offer their perceptions? I don't debate spiritual issues on the basis of religious book such as Bible/Koran/etc, neither do I criticize or belittle those Books.

If the Bible is not an absolute prerequisite for this discussion, I would be glad to present my opinion on the debated theme of "destiny"/Fate/predestination.

I wish you blessings.

(1) (Reply)

God Has Failed Me / Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man / To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.